[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> During a recent interview with Charlie Rose, Jennifer Lawrence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: Jlaw.png (181 KB, 720x716) Image search: [Google]
Jlaw.png
181 KB, 720x716
> During a recent interview with Charlie Rose, Jennifer Lawrence spoke about her recent essay for the newsletter Lenny. In the piece, Lawrence wrote about the pay gap in Hollywood—one that came to light after the Sony hacks—and, in particular, her anger at herself for not negotiating for equal pay with her male co-stars. She wrote:
>“When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn’t get mad at Sony. I got mad at myself. I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early.”
> She believes a public conversation on the wage gap is beneficial to all working women.
>Lawrence also spoke about internalized gender bias, the kind of invisible forces that mediate women’s beliefs that they can and should negotiate pay. She told Rose:
> “As a woman, we almost put this gender bias in ourselves.... I wanted to say, ‘I feel awkward negotiating, I feel uncomfortable asking for more money. I don’t want to seem like a brat, I don’t want to seem like all of the things that are words that that are used for women; they don’t have those words for males.”

Is she right?
>>
no one cares
check my doobs, shill
>>
She is right and society needs to work on fixing the wage gap.
>>
File: just why i am.jpg (40 KB, 508x388) Image search: [Google]
just why i am.jpg
40 KB, 508x388
>>63832283
I've reached that point of being such a douche bag that even if there is a wage gap (which there isn't) I wouldn't give two fucks.
>>
id fuck her in the ass if you know what i mean
>>
She's a fucking cunt.
>>
File: UN-e1443714120772.png (218 KB, 1280x1070) Image search: [Google]
UN-e1443714120772.png
218 KB, 1280x1070
>>
>>63832283
She's wrong because it's her agent's job to deal with those kind of negotiations, not hers.
>>
>I feel awkward negotiating
But she pays her agent to negotiate for her
>>
>>63832283
>they don’t have those words for males.”

Yes they fucking do. I'm so sick of this one sided shit from women.
>>
>>63832419

> having an agent

Fuck off, retard
>>
Doesn't she have a manager or whatever that negotiates her pay anyway?
>>
They don't call you words when you are male and don't like what you are doing. They just fire you.
>>
this millionaire has been complaining about her salary for months now
>>
>>63832420
This; calling someone a dick has exactly the same connotation as calling someone a bitch, and asshole is gender neutral.

Also she should put fucking blue paint on for Mystique if she wants me to take her seriously.
>>
>>63832458
They call you words *and* fire you, faggot.
>>
>>63832283
who gives a shit if some women make less. tell me one male actor in his 20's who makes nearly as much as she does.
>>
>>63832444
Actresses have agents
>>
>>63832518
How dare you insinuate it's about age and not being lucky with dicks?
>>
>>63832283
>implying "people with dicks" can't be women
literally shaking right now
can't believe this privileged bigot is allowed to spew medieval vitriolic hatred like this
>>
File: jenniferlawrencewut.jpg (232 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
jenniferlawrencewut.jpg
232 KB, 1024x768
Who cares?
She's another media personality trying to make a buck off the hip, bourgeoisie, feminism trend.
>>
>>63832381
I want to stick it in Anita's poophole.
>>
File: image.png (526 KB, 353x795) Image search: [Google]
image.png
526 KB, 353x795
>>63832679

wanna fuck this bitch so badly (NOT in the blue suit of course...)
>>
>actress is a retarded SJW cunt

Stop the presses.
>>
>>63832381
post more strawman arguments, i love that shit
>>
>>63832283
She has really gone off the rails ever since every one in existence saw her asshole.
>>
>>63832283
>her essay
>essay
Show me dem qualifications or call it a blog
>>
>>63832785
>muh fallucy

stay on reddit nerd
>>
File: 1449881863568.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449881863568.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>63832283

She got paid more per minute than all of the actors in American Hustle.

The wage gape has been debunked for years.

She's just using SJW tatics to get paid even more.

But when she fake falls is she going to blame men for that too?
>>
>>63832283
Dick. Ass. Ashole. Pushy piece of shit. Prick. Knob. Prat. Psycho. Nutter.

There's tonnes of words for fucking pushy men. The difference is that they're actualyl fucking pushy and don't give a shit about what people call them while these women try and act tough then back down and whine when they get called a mean word.

Try modelling yourself off the actual bitches out there rather than being a "I want to impose my will on others but not have people call me out for it too" cake and eat it dumbfuck.
>>
>>63832458
only if you cant keep up faggot

if youre a great actor or eye candy (or both), you can and will get away with things like rape and murder. not the best of the best? of course theyll drop you and tell you to fuck off, there's a never ending supply of chumps to take your place.

le femenists are mad wimminz get the same treatment for less pay in the end.
>>
Let's be honest here. Does anybody really give a fuck about what she has to say? I mean cry me a fucking river with that 50+ mil that you're banking, you poor oppressed woman.
>>
wasn't it pointed out that they were paid more because they worked more? honestly I can't think of anything more annoying than a group of ridiculously overpaid people complaining about how much they make either way
>>
>>63832912
>same treatment for less pay in the end.
prove it
>>
>>63832854
>But when she fake falls is she going to blame men for that too?
Yes, it's internalized misogyny and we shouldn't force womyn to wear heels, shitlord
>>
>>63832419
This. Plus her agent gets a percentage of profits so it's not like she's twisting his arm
>>
people still care about jennifer lawrence?

i figured no one gives a shit about her ever since her nudes leaked
>>
>>63832937
No, but it needs to be brought to light for the insane bullshit that it is.
>>
>>63832283
The real news would be if she DIDN'T talk about wage gap
greedy cunt
>>
>>63832785
>an intergovernmental organization encompassing almost 200 of the world's most powerful countries should be working together to fight microaggressions on internet forums made in wealthy first world countries

Shit like them even being allowed to speak there is precisely why the UN is a joke.
>>
File: jenniferlawrencechrishansen.png (1 MB, 597x800) Image search: [Google]
jenniferlawrencechrishansen.png
1 MB, 597x800
>>63832721
eh, she's pretty normal tier to me.
>>
>>63832283

Sometimes I think woman have come a long way from how there were viewed and treated 50 years ago, then they start trying to put up these difference boundaries between the sexes again and it really makes me wonder where are we going from here.
>>
She'll never be happy until she fucks Larry David, but he's being a little bitch and won't do it.
>>
>>63832912
>great actor or eye candy (or both), you can and will get away with things like rape and murder
Woody Allen is neither yet still pumps out movies
>>
>>63833052
Once the genie of gender politics is out of the bottle, you won't be able to stuff it back in again m8. Women just got a bit of a head start on us, but we sure as fuck will catch up.
>>
>>63833084
So's Amy Schumer.
>>
>>63832856
Why are you being so mean? Do you want to hug it out with me?
>>
I wonder when the jews in hollywood with grow tired of this goy bitching about shit in their industry. They may be jews and only care about making money, but at what point are they going to see her as a liability not worth touching?
>>
pay gap is not an actual thing

I live in a conservative third world shithole and still there are laws about paying women less, and the very idea is unheard of
>>
Is she not the highest paid star in the Hunger Games movies?

Does she complain about that wage gap? Or only when it's not in her favor?
>>
>>63832283
>makes 20 million per film
>complains about wage inequality

Just shut the fuck up and take your pants off already you entitled whore
>>
>>63832912
She even admits that the only reason she gets paid less is because she's uncomfortable and afraid of negotiating. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>63833305
Wage gap is only a thing if women get less money than men. Everybody knows that.

Also 73 cent for every dollar a man makes!!! 73!!!
>>
>>63832419
>>63833009
What if her agent is also a woman? Then she's fucked.
>>
>>63833212
WeW, lad, I am triggered here! I don't have arms, shitlord! Stop oppressing the disabled!
>>
>>63833420
Afraid of negotiating with men, and that men will think less of her if she tries to get more money
>>
>>63832721
>(NOT in the blue suit of course...)
Fucking pleb, back to reddit with you!
>>
>>63832283
I really can't sympathize with someone complaining about their pay when they are getting paid 6 digits to recite a role
>>
Is there anything more repulsive than a female who uses anything more than the tamest of course words on very rare occasion when warranted?
>>
>>63833478
If women make 27% less than men then why don't employers hire exclusively women?
>>
>>63833699
Shut up! 73 cents!
>>
>>63833262
> but at what point are they going to see her as a liability not worth touching?
When her movies starts to bomb. Hopefully Apocalypse will be the start of that.
>>
>>63833631
People don't accuse others of being redditors just because they disagree with their opinions.

That's a misconception that is most common among actual redditors.
>>
>>63832283
>Is she right?

Yes and no.

I doubt very much that the metrics used to determine a given actor's pay are precise enough to establish firmly that female actors are disadvantaged compared to males.

I also think that it is quite conceivable that audiences are more inclined to favour male actors, and thus that those actors are more popular generally, and thus that there is a clear economic basis for such discrimination which is not to say that society's holding that attitude can't be objected to, or that steps to adjust that attitude should not be taken; au contraire.

On the other hand, if the issue can be used as a way of generating more discussion of the subject as a whole, then all to the good.

I can't help feeling it won't, though. But no harm trying.
>>
>it's the patriarchies fault I can't overcome my anxieties

I'm a humongous pussy that can't even order chinese food without my heart pounding out of my chest. I don't blame China for that.
>>
Send Milo to debate this bitch and put her down.
>>
She's just angry everyone knows what she looks like naked now.
>>
>>63833699
>all actors are perfectly rational

John Nash please die in a car crash on the way home.
>>
>appear in movie for 15 minutes
>not even the lead female role
>surprised you get paid less than the leading male star

yeah no shit you dumb narcissist cunt. Is Josh Hutcherson allowed to complain he got paid less than you on Hunger games?
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.