[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kylo Ren is the new protagonist of Star Wars. Rey, Finn and Poe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
Kylo Ren is the new protagonist of Star Wars. Rey, Finn and Poe are heroes within the universe, but not the protagonists. In a sense the real protagonist in star wars is the light side of the force, with the dark side being the antagonist.

Kylo's Arc: turning away from the dark side. His main antagonist being Rey, who is naturally better in the force, but will be lured into the Dark Side because she's cocky and sure of herself.

I'm guessing somewhere at the end of Episode 8 they're going to have a rematch but with Rey having gone way too far to the Dark Side with her powers.

Finn acts as Rey's conscience through this transition to the dark side, the stakes being their love which, whilst initially going well, sours as Rey becomes increasingly dark.
>>
If they actually were to make Rey go dark side and Kylo go light side, that would be a good twist.

But they won't, this is Disney and Rey needs to be a perfect gril to market her. She'll remain a Mary Sue forever.
>>
Too complex, Darth LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR is going to be evil until the very end of episode 9 where he kills Snoke and dies in Rey's arms saying "Grandpa was right, in the end, he was right"
>>
>>63831394
they already did this "bad guy caught between light and dark" with Anakin.

He's just gonna buy some eyeliner in episode VIII and become a g0tH because no one understands him and he killed is *~daAaAadDd~*
>>
>>63831422
This, God forbid we get an actual deep plot in these disney cash-ins, it'll be age old trope after age old trope and every idiot will be happy.

They could never have finn or rey be bad because normies love muh stronk innapendant womyn and muh heroic black man
>>
he was a good choice, hell make ugly people more atractive
>>
>>63831509
Jesus it's posts like this that reminds me most posters here are twelve and under
>>
>>63831575
He's not ugly, he's just not incredibly attractive, which, in hollywood, might aswell be considered ugly because they usually have nothing but 9/10 in their films.
>>
>>63831509
fucking hell what a cancerous post, back to reddit with you.
>>
>>63831394
Rey and Finn are the protagonists Star Wars. Kylo is just a secundary.
>>
>>63831571
>changing sides
>deep

No senpai, no
>>
>>63831725
>evil guys get beaten by heroes and everyone is happy at the end
So much deeper, thank you for opening my eyes mr Abrams.
>>
>>63831394
Would be interesting, i imagine kylo beating almost killing her in the second one.

I also imagine her having some trouble controlling her rage with lukes training.

Then on the verge of death, she gets really pissed and starts force lightning the fuck out of kylo and shit, and starts turning to the dark side.

Ironically kylo might turn to the light side more aswell so that would be interesting.
>>
>>63831777
Neither
>>
File: samuel becket.jpg (89 KB, 491x648) Image search: [Google]
samuel becket.jpg
89 KB, 491x648
>>63831509
>>63831509

>>63831594
>>63831666
what the fuck are you guys talking about? He may have formulated his post in a childish way, but he is spot on. We've had 6 movies now with a Skywalker batteling his emotions, and now we get another. Which means they're going the exact same route as the former movies, which is lame as fuck. I would rather they did something new and daring. Or anything really, just as long as it's not the exact same thing we have seen before.

God Star Wars fans..
>>
>>63831422
THAT WOULD BE A FUCKING AWESOME TWIST AND WOULD SAVE STAR WARS. but jar jar and the rat's not about being awesome. 8 will suck worse than 7 with them introducing lesbianism but it won't last so you could expect Rey coming around to Finn's bbc by episode 8. fuck the rat and fuck jar jar and all this fucking progressiveness that clouds everything.
>>
>>63832046
I don't give a shit what you were trying to say, you wrote it like a retarded redditor or a 12 year old child, fuck off.
>>
>>63832084
lol it's not me you dumb fuck
>>
>>63832101
of course it wasn't :^)
>>
>>63832115
It's over anon, I have the high ground!
>>
>>63832165
you underestimate my ...power.

Srlsy tho , qutiing prequals? =12 year ol :^ ))
>>
>>63832277
Don't try it senpai.
>>
>>63832325

>>63832277

oh and btw i KNOW it was you in the orginal post. It was you. give it up. Reddit >> that way.
>>
>>63831394

i wish but its just going to be 2 1/2 movies of ren being the bad guy and then hes gonna come around to the light side at the end of the last movie so they can join forces to defeat evil snoke.
>>
>>63832506
Ren is just going to be vader with a face, calling it right now.
>>
>>63831422
That's actually a good idea. Remember Bastila? Shit was cash.
>>
>>63831575
I thaught looked pretty qt in the movies desu
>>
>>63831394
Ep. 7 Han Solo gets most of the screen time form the old cast

Ep. 8 Luke, training Rey will get most of the screen time form the old cast

Ep. 9 it will be Leia's turn and the movie ends with her having a mother and son moment with Ren and family disputes will be solved Disney style.

Cap it.
>>
>>63831394
I kind of had this thought a few months ago, but how he is portrayed in this movie doesn't really put him in any position for the audience to root for him at all. If anything he'll sacrifice himself at the end of IX to stop snoke/big bad like Darth Vader did
>>
>>63831437
>grandpapa
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.