[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was he such a poor duelist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: kyloren.jpg (145 KB, 620x684) Image search: [Google]
kyloren.jpg
145 KB, 620x684
Why was he such a poor duelist?
>>
>>63830404

A capable white male? HAH!
>>
File: adamdrivercover.jpg (44 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
adamdrivercover.jpg
44 KB, 650x400
>>63830425

>white
>>
>>63830404
Why didn't he use the force to choke Finn to death and impale him with his own light saber? Fuck trying to beat a nigger in a knife fight...
>>
1. He was more of a force user than a swordsman

AND/OR

2. He never had much practice with his crude lightsaber. I mean with whom? Surely there were much more important things to learn.
>>
>>63830404
He can't control his emotions
>>
>>63830404
Well, the fact that he had a gaping hole in his side probably didn't help.
>>
>>63831402

Rey and Finn could ?
>>
>>63830458
why do jews look like arabs?
>>
>>63831411

Fucking this. I know it's easy to take pot shots at Shadow the Edge-Guard, but the dude took a shot from Chewie's laser crossbow, which regularly fucks up Stormtroopers in twice as much armor padding. This isn't Darth Vader in full on power armor, either, and the dude still took it like a champ.

Also consider the following: the post Clone Wars era basically lost all of its best Jedi and Sith saber masters, so no one really trains in saber fighting. Palpatine relied on his force use after RotS, Vader/Anakin was essentially half cyborg, Obi-Wan and Yoda were both 2old4thisshit/kept their sabers off in hiding, and Luke basically relied on instinct to fight with a lightsaber.

We also don't know the extent of Snoke's abilities either, and if he's Palpa-2.0, then he probably relies more on force use as well.
>>
he was wounded

/thread
>>
>>63830404
Kylo Ren was such a dork. Even I could bully him if he was in my high school.
>>
>>63831724
>/threading your own post

You're a fucking loser.
>>
Ya idk I agree with some people about Rey being overpowered but then I kinda rationalize it. Maybe she is just a prodigy with the force. And she didn't have zero combat experience. (That fight with the two storm troopers) her combat experience combined with the power of the force guiding her I think justified why she won. And also like many people have said Kyle was shot.
>>
>>63830404
If you noticed he even tried to copy Vader's style. But this fails tremendously since he doesn't have his experience.
>>
>>63832073
Kylo* but Kyle does work with his dorky kinda vibe
>>
>>63830404
He lacks proper training and discipline, and he was also injured pretty severely.
>>
>>63832106
This post is worth two whole portions.
>>
>>63830404
You guys do know he was fucking wounded pretty badly, right?

Chewbaca was the reason why Rey beat him
>>
Because he doesn't seem to have much experience in fighting another jedi, plus he was injured before the battle with Rey
>>
>>63830404
Because he was shot with a laser crossbow in the abdomen and was fighting against somebody with years of melee combat experience
>>
>>63831691
>Being even a remotely capable Jedi/dark jedi
>Being unable to deflect a blaster shot after Chewie didn't make it stealthy
pick one

>Implying Vader could absorb blaster shots only thanks to his armor

stay pleb k thnx
>>
How did he even get wounded in the first place? He could've easily blocked the incoming blast.
>>
>>63832259
>Years of melee combat experience
>A janitor
>A girl with a stick
>>
>>63832438
He was kinda lost in the moment.
>>
Finn, a mortal with zero connection to the force being able to use a lightsaber against a 'sith' and even deal him damage.

Rey, who never touched a saber in her life is suddenly proficient with it and absolutely destroys Ren, who had training, with no other explanation than 'The force

Fuck this
>>
>>63832258
And that's an excuse to let a normal nigger be able to hit you in saber battle? hahahaha get real fool, this was just shitty writing
>>
>>63832524

Being in tune with the force isn't required to wield a lightsaber.

It's just if motherfuckers step to you strapped with blasters and you got a saber, your flow with the force best be on point.
>>
>>63832258
He killed all the other jedi trainees.
>>63832127
He has much more of both of those than Mary Sue Rey.
>>
>>63832672
However, being able to wield a lightsaber is required in order to wield a lightsaber. Finn makes it clear he can only use a blaster, and he's never even been in a fucking fight in his life, he acts like a scared little lamb in his first battle.
>>
>>63832451
>a janitor
He sliced him the fuck up. Probably had baton training too.
>girl with a stick
Nice fallacy bro.
>>
He's literally autistic. Didn't you see him hitting himself?
>>
Why didn't he just force push Rey again?
>>
>>63831440
both are semites
>>
>>63830404
he got BTFO by Chewy and was still mentally unstable right after killing his father

also Rey already knew how to defend herself as shown in the movie
>>
>>63833161
his powers became weaker against Rey as she taped more into the force, pay attention next time
>>
>>63832935
>Thinking that fighting with a staff transfers to lightsaber fighting at all
He was a janitor, not fucking crowd police. Even if he was trained, you expect me to believe that he was able to get a couple good swings on a sith apprentice that's been training under amazing jedi/sith for the past 10 years?
>>
>>63831386
>2. He never had much practice with his crude lightsaber. I mean with whom? Surely there were much more important things to learn.

The sith hadn't been around in years and all of the jedi learned it and honed their lightsaber skills.

It's no different than practice shooting with a gun as a cop even though you may have never used it in 20 years while on patrol. It's probably the most important thing to practice as force users use the lightsaber for everything from offense to defense.
>>
>>63834393
Shooting targets is different to using a close combat weapon that also puts you at high risk, you nigger retard. Shooting a person is barely different from shooting a target, fencing with a person that fences back is different to fencing a blow up doll.
>>
>>63831273
>Why didn't he use the force to choke Finn to death and impale him with his own light saber?

Because he was being cocky. He thinks he is the new Darth Vader and a fucking trooper stands in front of him wielding Luke's lightsaber. He was toying with him till Flinn managed to cut him once, after that he finished the duel in 3 seconds.
>>
1. He was hurt

2. He was emotionally hurt from just having killed his father AND he was fighting with pure rage so he was flailing around. He had no form.
>>
I actually liked that they have a reason for him getting beat. It wasn't just some, " oh the hero will just magically beat the bad guy". Finn got his ass whooped and Rey learned to channel the force and beat him. Kylo has a lot of potential
>>
>>63830404
He was SHOOT by Chewiee you fucking retard.
>>
>>63834393

>>63834466
is right, even if you practice with a fencing saber all day you'll lose to someone who doesn't know the rules and just attacks head on. I teach foil in my spare time and even though I'm relatively good at it, if you give somebody a foil and just told them to hit me with it, i'd lose. Kylo might be only good when following specific drills or fighting specific styles, not improvisation.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.