[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mfw watching The Phantom Menace It's like a breath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: e58.jpg (26 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
e58.jpg
26 KB, 500x370
>Mfw watching The Phantom Menace

It's like a breath of fresh air next to TFA.

I actually feel a sense of warm and cosy space fantasy adventure with exciting new ideas and places, not just rehashed cold Abrams star trek fodder.
>>
>>63830222
already a thread about this senpai
>>
That's what I was thinking to myself the entire time watching that movie. From Luke's stupid blue drink in A New Hope to a fucking resort in Attack of the Clones, there was just no comfy.
>>
when did this board become so contrarian?
>>
>>63830235
There's a few threads about star wars desu
>>
>>63830222
JJ forgot the opera part of space opera and replaced it with action.
>>
>>63830222
i agree that the tfa is utter piffle, but the prequels arent any better.

gone is the fairy tale mythic film making and we are left with films that are too grounded in minertia and reality. both the tfa and the prequels systematically undo every peice of magic that the original movies have.

midichloriams?? perfect example of taking something like the ''force'' and demystifying it and stripping it of any spiritual meaning.

utter pifffle
>>
b8 and tfa is superior, but on some level i agree. have the old characters pop up for fan service, fine. but i wanted to see new stuff.

the pod race was awesome, and despite being shit execution having an underwater city and new race was a good idea.
>>
Waste of trips.

>movie with a fart scene
>cosy
>good
Go watch The Ridiculous 6 faggot
>>
>>63830222
Go away George
>>
>>63830222

You also feel like this is leading up a conclusion (return of the jedi). What is the new trilogy leading up to? A rehash of the return of the jedi where the bad guys get defeated again until Disney wants to do a new rehash?
>>
>>63830326
There is a sense of wonder and creativity to even the prequels, an underwater city and a chase with gargantuan sea monsters, is a colourful and fantastical idea.

On the other hand TFA is literally just an exercise in proven plot devices. There is an undeniably cold and cynical feel, and 'wonder' or 'awe' are the last things it evokes.

Truth be told, the original trilogy and prequels both had the warm touch of a single creative and often childlike force. Without that the money men have taken over, and sucked the magic out.

This is zombie star wars.
>>
Agreed entirely
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.