[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11
File: 1450508872065.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1045) Image search: [Google]
1450508872065.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1045
ITT filmmaking by a committee instead of authenticity
>>
Good kid, you're starting to fit in, but you forgot to mention reddit.
>>
>>63829998
hello reddit
>>
Literally a glib fascimile
>>
>>63829998
>"Hello everyone, I'm 19 years old": the post
>>
File: 1351640339134.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1351640339134.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>63829998
how?? the majority of the type of shit poster that spams "reddit" likes these unauthentic movies
>>
>>63830487
Hello??
>>
>>63829975
guardians of the galaxy is objectively better than the force awakens
>>
File: Futurama.jpg (51 KB, 655x480) Image search: [Google]
Futurama.jpg
51 KB, 655x480
What is authenticity in film?
>>
File: 1450226723243.jpg (87 KB, 800x446) Image search: [Google]
1450226723243.jpg
87 KB, 800x446
>>63831795

have you see the Sony leaks? probably not whatever that is
>>
>>63832017
Is that Lance Bass right front?
>>
File: 23923042.jpg (31 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
23923042.jpg
31 KB, 599x337
Come on guys, that's not fair.

There's so much authentic shit in VII:

>Finn coincidentally on first mission at the start of the movie
>Phasma says his track record was clean before that
>Before his first mission

>You can exploit the planet weapon shield if you can travel at FTL
>Like any fucking junkheap of a ship

>Anime tier lightsaber battles
>Kill off character because you realized it was a bad idea to bring them back, but only after the actor playing the role told you it was a bad fucking idea

>literal nothing wrong bad guys
>literal nothing wrong good guys

>eating a fucking sun
>fire a multiplanet death ray that somehow doesn't destoy its platform, which is also a fucking planet
>janitor knows where weakpoint is because he does it for free

>a slave somehow teaches herself how to be an ace pilot in a backwater desert with absolutely no way to access a cockpit

>iconic lightsaber showing up in the middle of nowhere for no reason
>the person owning it actually says this
>that fucking lightsaber existing at all

>original main character runs away despite encountering the problem leading up to the movie
>knows exactly how to fucking fix it
>runs away anyway
>causes nothing but grief and misery for everyone else

>droid magically reactivates at the KEY MOMENT to fill in a map piece
>literally a early 90s lucasarts game puzzle-tier problem to solve by adding a tiny portion to a map
>either side could have scoured the region and found what they were looking for in weeks without the fucking map
>that fucking map that got billions of people killed over

I can't wait for 2 more weeks when this is declared worse than episode II.
>>
ITT: Plebs aren't aware that studio films were developed since the birth of cinema

Studio movies aren't bad, but playing it safe is.

1959's Ben-Hur was a studio movie, but it was 210 min long, they poured every penny of studios money in it.
>>
>>63832072
Yeah, when he was a janitor on the !notDeath Star

very clean track record
>>
File: 1361307541365.jpg (20 KB, 223x287) Image search: [Google]
1361307541365.jpg
20 KB, 223x287
>>63832154

>Wyler is his example
oh heavens a true patrician!!
>>
>>63832017
is this a boy with a dress ?
>>
>>63832256
>A janitor being sent on strike missions

More shit for your pipe to smoke.
>>
>>63831709
This is bait
>>
>>63829975
Every CGI laden Disney branded movie.
>>
>>63829975
if you are older than 13 and unironically watch/enjoy capeshit or starwars you are officially a manchild and a redditor fedora tipper.
>>
>>63832154
Totally agree with you, it also should be noted that Big Budget franchise films aren't the only ones put through committee. Depending on the producers and the level of sway the Director holds a movie can totally be altered by many people.

Harvey Weinstein is notorious for this and has fucked up many of his movies with his own meddling. At the same time his management style gave us The Lord of the Rings movies so it's a mixed bag.
>>
>GOTG
Disney had [relatively] little faith in Guardians. They didn't really know what to expect. So they Gunn basically free reign, within reason, to interpret it however he wanted. And he made a really fun space adventure full of 80s music that /tv/ hates because it's loved by plebs and full of reddit-esque jokes

>TFA
Disney hired JJ because his star trek reboot resembled star wars and was generally well reviewed and performed decently at the box-office. At every step, producers got involved to make sure that it followed disney's ideals.
Disney actually got mad that JJ tried to do anything original which lead to several recuts and the reason why it was released in December and not summer as planned.
And he made a soft reboot/remake of a new hope with a female lead character without any hint of flaws who kicks ass in a non-problematic way.
>>
>>63830487
He's not saying he's from Reddit, numbnuts, he's saying that you've got to act like Reddit is some bogeyman constantly trying to sway /tv/'s opinion on movies.

Like you're doing.
>>
HA HA FUCK SYAR WARZ IS EWAS SHIT LOLILOLOL

PREQKUELS > RHis CRAaP hahabaha

Come bk GEORGE :) Save us! JJ is ultimate Jew.

IF U LIKE THIS MOBIE U ARE REDDIT AMIRITE REALLY?! GO bk there!
>>
>>63833108
Damn..

so..

this..

is..

the..

power..

of..

fedora rage..

damn..
>>
>>63831795
Authenticity is a spook.
Capeshit is still garbage, though.
>>
>>63833108
Could any post even be more reddit than this one?
>>
>>63833167
/tv/ posters are the fedora wearers in this instance. TFA is nigh universally loved and praised. Only edgy contrarians are saying the movie is bad.
>>
>>63833291
I know. What a nerd. Everyone knows Jar Jar was the best Star Wars character. Jew Jay Abrams doesn't know how to make a good movie.
>>
File: 1450506258769.jpg (3 MB, 3264x4928) Image search: [Google]
1450506258769.jpg
3 MB, 3264x4928
>>63833344
"muh fun" is what fedoras love best. They can't handle real emotions or sincerity so they flock to ironic "fun" crap like Army of Darkness, Pacific Rim and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Anything more than juvenile "fun" is too "2deep4u hipster shit". It's "fun" shit and superficially meaningful "dark" movies that get the most fedora attention.

They'll watch Prisoners for what they think is their intellectual main course and then wash it out with something like The Force Awakens for desert. Before settling into a night of video games.
>>
File: 1435496252188.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1435496252188.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
It was JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63829975
those kikes dont want to risk their shekels anymore
>>
>>63833540
Do you think you'll ever touch a real woman? Be honest now.
>>
>>63833551

FUCK OFF WEEB

SAO AND GUILTY CROWN ARE LITERALLY SHIT
>>
I haven't seen it yet. How's the lense flare?
>>
>>63833851
None to barely noticeable
>>
>>63833851
The Mouse made him edit it out.

What's left is even less impressive.
>>
>>63832421
Once Upon A Time In America
>Once Upon a Time in America's initial critical response was mixed because of the different versions released worldwide. While internationally the film was well received in its original form, American critics were much more dissatisfied with the 139-minute version released in North America. This condensed version was a critical and financial disaster and many American critics, who knew of Leone's original cut, attacked the short version. Some critics compared shortening the film to shortening Richard Wagner's operas, saying that works of art that are meant to be long should be given the respect they deserve. Roger Ebert wrote in his 1984 review that the uncut version was "an epic poem of violence and greed" but described the American theatrical version as a "travesty".[31] Ebert's television movie critic partner Gene Siskel considered the uncut version to be the best movie of 1984
>James Woods, who considers this to be Leone's finest film, mentioned in the DVD documentary that one critic dubbed the film the worst of 1984, only to see the original cut years later and call it the best of the 1980s
>>
>>63833803
You tell me
>>
>>63832982
>no flaws
Well we don't know that yet. She's abrasive, which luke is probably going to call her out on during her Jedi training. We really don't know too much about her from this movie.
>>
>>63833551
>Sword art online

FUCK YOU GOT ME FOR A SEC THERE.
>>
>>63834034
Her getting pissed off about Finn and Han, and then trying to kill Kylo seems pretty much a Dark Side move to me. Just watch.
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
File: 1409333045638.png (268 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1409333045638.png
268 KB, 640x400
>everyone just gets upset instead of posting more
>>
>>63833551

I like this pasta.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.