[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing the plot of Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
I personally thought the movie was awful, and horribly uninspired, so I rewrote the story using the same set up and cast, it's mostly the same for the first act, but changes drastically once they leave the first planet.

Here's the pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/2gepmwMU

Thoughts /tv/?

What other changes would you make?

Or what would you elaborate on what I've written?
>>
Do you really think I'll read all of that
>>
I didnt really have many problems with the movie. Yeah it recycled plit points from 4 and 6, but i was understanding of that.

That said your re-do isnt bad. I kinda like it. Well, up until Luke's appearence. I still feel he shouldnt have been found in this movie. And that him appearing of his own volition in the same movie where him having disappeared was such a big deal kinda cheapens the reasons for his self-imposed exile. If he WAS to appear, i think the actual movie did handle it best, despite it feeling rushed and shoe-horned
>>
>>63829263
That's not an official poster, is it? it looks like it was done by a first year drawing student
>>
>>63829785
Well, you sat through Force Awakens...
>>
File: 1450541701557.jpg (5 KB, 72x79) Image search: [Google]
1450541701557.jpg
5 KB, 72x79
>>
>>63829263
Here are a few "small", "easy" things to thange to fix the movie.

>Merge Finn and Poe's characters
>Have it such that Rey, the street-savvy fighter, saves Poe from the stormtroopers on the ground, Poe, the master pilot(either for the new republic, or a defector from the order), gets Rey off the planet.
>In something other than the millennium falcon
>Han is still a tough, grizzled general, Leia is a Mon Mothma type character. They're still together.
>Their obligations to the new republic made them shitty absentee parents to Kylo.
>Han rescues Poe (with Rey in toe) in his star destroyer/frigate/mon cal cruiser/dreadnaught/whatever
>No starkiller base
>The first order is a scrappy insurgent group that attacks (and takes) a key part of a weak, overburdened and overextended New Republic, as explained in the opening crawl(just like ISIS and the USA today, how relevant!)
>Make them all sith/sheev-worshiping fanatics
>The final battle is when the Republic launches a desperate counterattack to retake their world, preferably a big core world that we haven't seen before like Correllia, Kuat, Mon Calamari, etc, from the order.
>It goes poorly for the republic and Han and Chewie get into the (pristine, restored) falcon for the first time to escape their crippled capital ship
>Han leads what's left of the fighters on a desperate attack on the First Order flagship, Poe proves his meddle for the new republic.
>The Falcon gets shot down, and amongst the wreckage, Han gets killed in a firefight defending the rest of the crew from advancing first order troops, black hawk down style.
>Rey with her fighting skills, and under the tutelage of some "Rebels"-style non-Jedi force user(who learned from Luke before he went into hiding), goes on an assault to take out first order shields/comms/whatever and runs into Kylo, who kills her mentor and fucks her shit up.
>I have no idea how to tie any of this up, that fucking movie is beyond help...
>>
>>63830228
Well, the idea I had in mind was that he self-exiled in order to train Jedi while away from the problems of the world.

Since last time they cause a distraction that led to disaster.

Also, the idea I has was that the search of Luke was meant to be a trial for potential Jedi, to test their abilities. So the journey to Luke is worth more.
>>
Yeah, agreed, awful.
No levity.
To much forced agenda.
Fin/Poe best acting.
WORST DIRECTING.
Feels like a pilot episode to a soon to be cancelled show.
Watch some pod racing, you'll feel more Star Warsy.
>>
>>63831086
>>Merge Finn and Poe's characters
Why? Poe is barely in it. Might as well say "Merge Han & Luke"
>>Have it such that Rey, the street-savvy fighter, saves Poe from the stormtroopers on the ground, Poe, the master pilot(either for the new republic, or a defector from the order), gets Rey off the planet.
They could have done that, but you'd be taking out half the humor of the movie.
>>Their obligations to the new republic made them shitty absentee parents to Kylo.
That's entirely possible. And I'm sure they'll elaborate on that.
>>No starkiller base
>>Make them all sith/sheev-worshiping fanatics
>>The final battle is when the Republic launches a desperate counterattack to retake their world, preferably a big core world that we haven't seen before like Correllia, Kuat, Mon Calamari, etc, from the order.
Are you george lucas? Because your suggestions are starting to sound like the Prequels.
>>
>>63831622
>No levity.
It was a fucking comedy.
>>
Honestly, the only way it can be fixed is to be removed from existence. I actually preferred the prequels to this unnecessary bowl of wank
>>
>>63831622
>No levity.
>To much forced agenda.

Hardly. Boyega was a good fit for the part, only a literal gigapoltismal retard could complain about his casting
>>
the movie sucked but Rey is a frog-faced gigaqt so i enjoyed it.
>>
>>63831888
Khornate trips aprove. Yeah, it was awful in how comedic it's edginess was, jj should get into baking or something other than making shit movies.
>>63831937
Agreed, I'm calling this abomination the prequel appreciation film
>>
>>63831979
Boyega was good as stated. Not the agenda referenced, no issues with that kiddo.
"Don't hold my hand" x2 etc. and hers and kylos shit acting was though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.