[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: guinnessalecbio.jpg (15 KB, 224x347) Image search: [Google]
guinnessalecbio.jpg
15 KB, 224x347
>In the final volume of the book A Positively Final Appearance (1997), Guinness recounts grudgingly giving an autograph to a young fan who claimed to have watched Star Wars over 100 times, on the condition that the boy promise to stop watching the film, because, as Guinness told him, "this is going to be an ill effect on your life." The fan was stunned at first, but later thanked him (though some sources say it went differently). Guinness is quoted as saying: "'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities."

How does it feel to be beholden to secondhand, childish banalities?
>>
it's fun
>>
>>63829071
And he was a good fan.
>>
Alec Guinness tried to fuck my grandpa

true story, senpai
>>
>>63829227
Was your granda hot?
>>
>watched SW over 100 times

Alec was right, this kid needs to chill the fuck out. Watching the same movie over and over again is autism, and it builds shit taste into people even if the movie they watch over and over is good.
>>
I'll try traumatizing children, that's a good trick
>>
>>63829071
>Childs mother scolds a Knight of the Empire

Hope the cunt got locked in the tower.
>>
>>63829227
Was he a good friend?
>>
>>63829071
We live in an age of apologies. Apologies, false or true, are expected from the descendants of empire builders, slave owners, persecutors of heretics and from men who, in our eyes, just got it all wrong. So with the age of 85 coming up shortly, I want to make an apology. It appears I must apologize for being male, white and European.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEw5H_LSoQ
>>
>now in his thirties

nice math, OP
>>
>>63829071
>le banalities
oh hey /tv/ learned another buzzword
>>
>being Obi-Wan irl

B A S E D
L
E
C
>>
>>63830344
That is one based blec.
>>
>>63829256

yes, he was very handsome
>>
>>63830187
I think you should kill yourself.
>>
>>63830380
Blac was a good friend.
>>
>Guinness said in a 1999 interview that it was actually his idea to kill off Obi-Wan, persuading Lucas that it would make him a stronger character, and that Lucas agreed to the idea. Guinness stated in the interview, "What I didn't tell Lucas was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo." He went on to say that he "shrivelled up" every time Star Wars was mentioned to him

>"What I didn't tell Lucas was that I just couldn't go on speaking those bloody awful, banal lines. I'd had enough of the mumbo jumbo."

How does he manage to be so based?
>>
>>63832300
>>63830380
BLECD.com
>>
>>63829227
who hasn't?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.