[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back from The Force Awakens, it was more like The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: angry-03.jpg (1 MB, 2636x2636) Image search: [Google]
angry-03.jpg
1 MB, 2636x2636
I just got back from The Force Awakens, it was more like The Force Aweakens! This turd was so bad and i'm gonna tell you why

>The female lead wasn't useless and wasn't used to merely support the male lead. She was treated like just about any other main lead in a superhero or action movie including Luke Skywalker

>The black guy didn't shuck and jive and was actually pretty easy to understand when he talked

>It didn't feel like a Star Wars movie

>It was too similar to A New Hope

>Some people on reddit like it

>It's obviously a trilogy but the 1st movie didn't answer all my questions

>The normies in the movie theater triggered me when they clapped at things that made them happy or laughed at jokes they thought were funny. We all know you watch film with a contemplative gaze and and your hands clenched under your jaw

Seriously, this was the worst movie I've seen in years! fuck Jew Jew Abrams for ruining Star Wars... if Star Wars was any good to begin with. I can't wait for the Plinket review to show you plebs the light. Enjoy your kiddie meme film normies!
>>
>>63827737
>calls people normies for watching a star wars film after just coming back from seeing it.

Oh dear
>>
>>63827760
You missed the sarcasm
>>
>It was too similar to A New Hope
kek this is my favorite
>>
Go to sleep fag
>>
nice blog post
>>
>>63827760
OP is being facetious and taking the piss out of the autistic /pol/ sperglords.
>>
Nice strawman, can I use it?
>>
File: Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
Return_of_the_Jedi_Final_Scene.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
>>63827737

Good, valid point. This was not a valid Star Wars movie but rather a means by which Disney could reboot the series thereby ruining pic related.

Han and Leia breakpu
Luke is now a hermit who is useless when the galaxy is crisis and his friends are in trouble
The empire is back as the first order despite the rebellion
There are red lightsaber weilding bad guys despite the fact that they were all destroyed in episode six
R2D2 doesn't even do anything for years either just because

Its not a legitimate Star Wars movie that follows after the ending of the return of the jedi but rather a way for Disney to restart the series to cash in.
>>
>>63827801
>>63827833
Mad as fuck
>>
>>63827737
Your strawman is on fire. I hope you can call him out on all his inconsistencies in a cool, reasonable but ultimately dismissive manner.
>>
File: 138897929366.jpg (54 KB, 620x826) Image search: [Google]
138897929366.jpg
54 KB, 620x826
Oh look it is another thread about how the film is flawless and how the majority is always right.
>>
>>63827737
>It's a obviously a trilogy etc. pls respond
Even the prequels were able to tell an independent story within each movie. With the following sequels building upon a separate overarching storyline.
>>
>>63827789
>implying these aren't both genuine criticisms
It felt like JJ watched A New Hope and said, "How can I make this feel more like The Avengers or some other capeshit blockbuster to appeal to the masses?" Its almost exactly like the first movie except soulless.
>>
>>63827904
Did you even watch the movie or were you the sperglord next to me constantly rambling while stuffing his mouth with snacks?

>I DON UNDERSTAND SO IT'S SHIT REEEEEEEE
>>
>>63827737
Is this copypasta from Reddit?
>>
>>63828038
Your girlfriend sounds like a pleb.
>>
>>63828078
I hope so. I'd really hate to think of how autistic a fag would have to be to type that all out just to "show /tv/ a thing or two!".
>>
>>63828038

I don't care about some pathetic explanation they have in the movie like Kylo Ren went to the darkside so everything went to shit. They could have went a number of ways after ROTJ but they chose to make the characters of the original trilogy have shitty lives then they gave an explanation for that afterwards. But they could have just as well made a version of the story where their lives weren't totally fucked. A version of the story where the sacrifices of the original trilogy meant something and there wasn't another evil empire with a death star like thing yet again thirty years later.
>>
>>63827865
/pol/ doesn't care about female leads or whether a black shucks and jives, though. Nothing in OPs post is /pol/-like at all.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.