[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Catering the main character to appeal to the 25% of the audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: marysue.jpg (70 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
marysue.jpg
70 KB, 475x600
>Catering the main character to appeal to the 25% of the audience that are only there because of their boyfriends.
>Struggle so intensely to make sure the female character is free of tropes that you make her so perfect that she's completely unbelievable and becomes the worst female trope of all: The Mary Sue
>Slap a bunch of Millennium Falcon and Han Solo stickers all over it so the retarded fans will be too occupied with nostalgia to realize how shit it is.

There are people actually defending this character as only being accused of being a Mary Sue because she's a woman. These same people are accusing Luke Skywalker of being a Mary Sue, which shows that they never really watched the original trilogy and are just the sort of audience members that JJ Abrams was trying to snag. Blind and foaming at the mouth Tumblerscum.
>>
>>63827004
>Implying she didn't appeal to males, too.

She was a good character, mate. What's with all these edgy contrarians?
>>
>>63827004
she appeals to me
I loved her
>>
I am looking forward to her eventual lightsaber spear/double saber staff though.
>>
>>63827065
How was she a good character, she had less development than Padme did in episode 1.
>>
>>63827004
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63827004
Well, Luke was a Mary Sue as well. It's a fairy tale, it's to be expected.

>>63827131
She was literally ANH Luke, just gender bent.
>>
>>63827131
This. The only development she gets is

>I can't leave Jakku, my family is coming back any time now
>wait, maybe they left me for good and I should move on
And
>wow, I can suddenly master the force
>>
>>63827174
I mean, that's just not true. Luke has serious character flaws in the first movie, fails in his first combat in the series and takes three films to actually achieve his potential as a Jedi and use powers like mind influencing. He also specifically gets significant time devoting to his training segments and is shown to fail before he succeeds.

I don't even dislike Rey (her eventual backstory could justify her abilities entirely) but there wasn't enough character development in TFA in general.
>>
>>63827082
>>63827065

And the eunuchs arrive.
>>
>>63827004
She appeals to me. I'm a very religious and very conservative American man from the deep south.

Quit trying to be so edgy. You're worse than Ben Solo

Inb4 you start flipping tables
>>
File: 1448947437183.jpg (118 KB, 586x436) Image search: [Google]
1448947437183.jpg
118 KB, 586x436
>>63827174
>the luke was a gary stu meme
>>
Anyone ITT who has seen the movie, does she pass the plinkett test? Describe her without using her name, physical description, or job
>>
>>63827004
>Implying Rey isn't a top tier waifu who appeals to most men
You might be gay, anon.
>>
>>63827174
>She was literally ANH Luke, just gender bent.

Confirmed for never having watched the OT.

ANH Luke was whiny and impatient. He got laughed at and shamed by the only woman in the movie for being a manlet. The only thing he was good at was piloting, and even his greatest moment was taking one shot while literally everyone else covered his ass and saved him so he could succeed at the only thing he actually pulled off all movie.
>>
>>63827330

The plinkett test doens't apply to women because women already have no personality or traits.

IE: Explain Leia to me.
>>
Of course she is a Mary Sue.
She is the daughter of the goddamn Luke.
>>
>>63827330
She does, she's clingy and hopeful, cares about others, sometimes irrational and physically gifted.

The only problem is her being an expert pilot and mechanic, a sharpshooter and a capable force user after learning about the force hours beforehand
>>
>>63827377
Luke wasn't a mary sue.
>>
>>63827330
She's a lonely, abandoned genius who's had a hard life and is seeking out a sense of belonging. So, I suppose so.
>>
>>63827348

She's just a male hero gender-flipped.

The "men" she targets are the same people who insist fapping to futa and traps is straight.
>>
>>63827004
She's a QT though are u a faget?
>>
>>63827239
>>63827131
You're confusing two things

1) She wasn't supposed to have any coherent character development. She can't. She has to remain a mystery for the bigger plot.

2) She comes across as unemotive and stiff, because she isn't a very good actor (or she is written that way).

Its fine though, because Finn, Poe, Han, and Ren more than make up for her shit.
>>
>>63827374
So no name, princesshood or physical description?

Headstrong and tough woman, devoted to the idea of the rebel cause and reestablishing the Republic. Need to be in charge and give orders can border on the obnoxious, even if she's usually coming from a good place with it.
>>
>>63827409
>butttttt MUHH classic male hero archetype

Is this the 1960's? Get off the computer grandpa.
>>
>>63827431
>She has to remain a mystery for the bigger plot.

you mean that she is luke's daughter? that was revealed in the leaks, m8, and very obviously cut from the final scene leaving luke with no dialogue.
>>
File: 13-8-18 - 1 (1).gif (2 MB, 389x221) Image search: [Google]
13-8-18 - 1 (1).gif
2 MB, 389x221
>only catered to 25% of the audience
Ya gotta be kidding me m8.
>>
File: 10408497444.jpg (15 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
10408497444.jpg
15 KB, 267x200
>>63827409
>>
>>63827488
Yes, that shit.
>>
>>63827488
There is nothing definitive to support this.

Who was Luke going to get it on with after going full retard on his Jedi religion?
>>
>>63827004
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63827239
>>63827312

Luke is
>an amazing pilot
>ridiculously strong in the Force
>a master swordsman after spending a few hours with Obi-Wan and Yoda
>good with machines
>the most noble and kind-hearted character in the series
>loyal
>incorruptible

I love Luke but he doesn't have any real flaws as a person.
>>
>>63827330
The Plinkett test is stupid because things like being nice or normal don't count. Characters only pass the test if they're grimdark angst lords.
>>
>>63827431
This.

The fact that she's supposed to be a mysterious character with a unkown background kills her character developemnt.

It is also an excuse for them to just make shit up and get her out of any situation since you don't know how powerful or who she really is.
>>
File: 11124186224973.jpg (28 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
11124186224973.jpg
28 KB, 552x368
>>63827409
Rey is a hero, that happens to be female.
Luke is a hero, that happens to be male.
They are both valid hero's. You need to fuck off with your small minded "only men can be heros" bullshit.
>>
>>63827543

Yet now he just a shitty hermit well Mary Sue goes off and does everything.
>>
>>63827526
Luke clearly doesn't give a fuck about the old Jedi rules. I doubt he would ban love.
>>
>>63827574
He's not just sitting on his hands you know, he's out there looking for the first jedi temple. He's probably searching for a way to defeat the First Order.
>>
>>63827374
>Explain Leia to me.
A cunt
>>
>>63827543
>an amazing pilot

He only was able to take that shot because Obi Wan told him to use the force. Also Han Solo saved him, Vader had Luke's ship on his sights.

>ridiculously strong in the Force

Only after three movies nigger

>a master swordsman after spending a few hours with Obi-Wan and Yoda

He never defeats Vader in the first or second movie dipshit

>good with machines

Sure

>the most noble and kind-hearted character in the series

That almost falls to the dark side in the last movie

Try again.
>>
>>63827004
/thread.

This movie's a A Tumblerina's wet dream and at most the very tumblerinas they went after only account for 1/3 of Star Wars fandom.

This movie is a vehicle for dykes who needs no Man Mary Sue'd Power Princesses. I want to shoot some one in the face.
>>
>>63827393
Mary Sues are usually duaghter/sister/couson etc of the protagonist in fanfictions
>>
>>63827488
She could be a lot of things:
Luke's daughter
Leia's daughter
Just some kid Luke was training
Just some kid Kylo was training

We don't really know.
>>
>>63827065
did your balls fall off or did you cut them off to appeal to the feminist dyke cuck media?
>>
I think a good way to demonstrate the difference between the two is >Luke's first ever fight on screen is vs. one Tusken Raider. He is overpowered, almost killed and is only saved by a stranger's intervention
>Rey's first ever fight on screen is against two smugglers. She beats them both unconscious, and then identifies a stranger as a thief, chases him down and incapacitates him
>>
>>63827543
That's bullshit though

He's not a master swordsman, he gets completely shrekt by vader and barely uses his lightsaber at all in the first movie

He wasn't ridiculously strong with the force until much, much later in return of the jedi

And he routinely gets his ass kicked. His impatience and desire to rescue his friends nearly gets him killed in Empire Strikes Back. His naivete and innocence annoys Han and Leia initially. We see how he grows in his skills and his use of the force over time
>>
File: 1353135742944.png (103 KB, 300x392) Image search: [Google]
1353135742944.png
103 KB, 300x392
>>63827374
>women already have no personality or traits

You must lead a very sad life
>>
>>63827065
classic UK cuck
>>
>>63827681
>OHH NOOO A WOMAN!
>women are my Trigger!!!!

Fucking kill yourself m8
>>
>25%
More 100%. Disney has learned the secrets of moe and its appeal to most males.

Is anyone really saying Rey is NOT cute? Seems like that's what everyone says
>>
>>63827004
Frozen made more money than God and your suprised they want to put a female lead in a movie.
>>
>>63827688
Rey is so over powered she's literally Liam Neeson's taken meets Craig's Bond all at once.

Craig Bond's a bit more OP than all the other Bonds before him, except for Moore's Bond but I think he's more comedy relief than anything else of all the Bonds.

But Rey's biggest flaw is that she was written to be this Warrior dyke princess who needs no man and it's irritating to see star wars reduced to some Tumblerina's fan faction.
>>
>>63827765
She is pretty cute tbqh senpai
>>
>>63827697
At no point was Vader trying to kill Luke in ROTJ. Throughout Vader was conflicted. Vader in Empire went at Luke and wrecked his shit. In Return Vader was simply countering everything Luke did until he really pissed Luke off and Luke for a moment at least, became OP. But immediately Luke saw his mistake and became a Jedi Pacifist. To think, to remember the awesomeness of that scene and then recall the cluster fuck that is Episode 7 I want to find Jay Jay and stab him with a spoon!
>>
Why is nobody talking about how much shit of a villian Kylo Ren is?
The movie felt pretty good except every scene with that faggoty fuckwit.
And he's obviously gonna be brought back as Vader 2 in the next one.
>>
Is BB-8 a girl?
>>
Basically Padme but as a jedi
>>
>>63827864
I hope not he's not the main bad guy like Vader was.

He's an ugly whiny dipshit that got defeated in the first movie by a womanlet with no jedi training whatsoever.

Kylo Ren in the next movies will have to be used for comic relief
>>
>>63827864
Agreed - he fucking sucked. It was worse than Anakin in Episodes 2 & 3. The temper tantrums were ridiculous.
>>
>>63827330
She definitely passes. I don't like SJW shit getting shoveled down my throat and while she's not the most exciting character, she is classic hero's journey - a good-hearted soul with undiscovered talent, relying on her gut to get her through a world she doesn't really understand. She's outrageously competent; basically Hermione.

i think the main issue people are having is that she never has a hard choice or faces true adversity in the movie. There's a superficial thing about her losing her parents but it's not super convincing.

However I suspect she'll have more robust development in the sequels.
>>
The biggest problem with Star Wars is that after 40+ years it has lost its sense of marvel and inmensity.

There's only so many installments of Lasers in Space a person can watch before it all becomes too familiar.

The kids might like it though.
>>
>>63827938
>no jedi training whatsoever
That's bullshit, you know, yeah? She clearly had been to the islands with Luke at some point in time. She was trained at a young age like all Jedi's in the older days did.
>>
>>63827636
>He only was able to take that shot because Obi Wan told him to use the force. Also Han Solo saved him, Vader had Luke's ship on his sights.

Obi-Wan didn't take the shot, Luke did. Obi-Wan was just providing support.

>Only after three movies
No, his natural potential was always insane. It's why Vader and the Emperor wanted him so badly.

>He never defeats Vader in the first or second movie dipshit
He holds his own in the second movie, and curbs Vader in the third.

>That almost falls to the dark side in the last movie
>almost

He resists it. You're the one who needs to try again.
>>
Feminists can rejoice at Disney Corporation's calculated political correctness.
>>
>>63827976

Horseshit. She was way to young to have learned anything substantial and that's assuming she was indeed "trained".

But that's beside the point. Kylo Ren had more training than she ever did (trained both by Luke and Snoke).
>>
>>63827688
>>63827786
>>63827697
>>63827004
>over-powered on first appearance = mary sue

WUT? A Mary Sue is overpowered for no real reason or in place of good writing. Rey has a "reason", we just HAVEN'T BEEN FUCKING TOLD yet. Stop acting dumb.
>>
>>63827864
He was fucking shit.

He was only intimidating in the opening scene with stopping the blaster bolt. After that? Nah, just nah. He had to try several times to mind rape info out of Finn, threw temper tantrums like my 5-year-old nephew, has a grandpappy fetish and then he took off his mask, removing what little intimidation he had. Fucking lol at Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63827543

"Return of the Jedi"

Not

"The Jedi have been here since the first movie."

I wonder why they went with the first title over the more obvious second title, if what you say is true.
>>
>>63827976
Nope.
>>
>>63827762
here's a heroin done right, Sarah Conner's one, and Ripley is another. At no point at the beginning of their stories were they Mary Sue'd. at no point. Both became awesome through tribulation and that's because in life, no one is ever awesome and has to become awesome through, Sweat sometimes Blood and lots of tears. Case in point, J. I. Jane.

But Rey's an overpowered James Bond type heroine out the gate. She's obviously a tumblerina's wet dream. But that's fine though because Star wars is dead to me. Star Trek looks promising so after watching the Reverent I think I'm going to wait for BVS and maybe star trek.

you SJWs types is welcomed to get off on whatever shit you get off on. star wars is dead to me. and to think, the black guy was actually the cooler aspect of the new cast and infinitely more believable as a character than She Ra Princess power Rey was.
>>
>>63827839
Oh, is that why Vader attacked Luke when he had his guard down? And twice at that. Vader may have been conflicted but he didn't hold back. He didn't need to, Luke was strong enough to fight him.
>>
File: 1442060630494.png (1 MB, 1347x1001) Image search: [Google]
1442060630494.png
1 MB, 1347x1001
>>63827004
I was there with my boyfriend, OP.
What are you gonna do about it?
>>
>>63828027
Except Kylo was badly injured and couldn't use the Force properly due to the clusterfuck that was his emotional state.
>>
>>63827004
I'm male and I enjoyed her character.

Plus she's a qt.
>>
>>63828027
>way too young to have learned anything
It's like you totally ignored Episode 3?
>>
>>63828027
How about you stop making up bullshit? The correct answer is "I don't know", because YOU DON'T FUCKING KNOW.
>>
>>63828046
Remove master swordsman and all of what I wrote applies to Luke in ANH.
>>
>>63828088
Yeah I disliked her at the start but she's waifu material
>>
>>63828034
That's not necessarily true. If a little girl found the gem of sukiyaki that instantly made her a god it would still be dumb. That's an explanation, but it's a dumb explanation.

The possible explanations don't make much sense. Everyone keeps bringing up that she had prior training, but she was obviously a little girl when she was left on Jakku. Does that mean she became more proficient with a lightsaber and the force than Luke was for the first two movies when she was a literal baby? Shit's silly as fuck
>>
>>63828102
Stop being retarded.
>>
>>63828027
Luke probably told him to fuck off, desu.

If I had a whiny bitchass student like Ben Solo, I would have ignored him too.
>>
>>63827995
>Obi-Wan didn't take the shot, Luke did. Obi-Wan was just providing support.

Without Obi Wan he would have failed. Also you ignored Han Solo saving his ass.

>No, his natural potential was always insane. It's why Vader and the Emperor wanted him so badly.

That potential was only fully unlocked in the the emperor's throne room during the finale of RotJ, unlike Rey who can already mindcontrol stormtroopers

>He holds his own in the second movie, and curbs Vader in the third.

He loses his arm in the second movie you dumb nigger. That doesn't qualify as "holding his own". Also it can be argued that Vader let Luke win in RotJ, because Vader was starting to get sentimental about his own son.

>He resists it. You're the one who needs to try again.

He has to resist the temptation, unlike Rey who doesn't even have to resist the dark side of the force despite being really fucking angry in the end on this movie.

>You're the one who needs to try again.

You first and try to watch the OT, because it's painfully obvious that you never did.
>>
>>63828034
Bullshit. Rey is Mary Sue'd because she can do things and has abilities she has no right to have because it's not like she's Hanna who was trained from a young age to wreck shit. She's suddenly a scavenger and then she's piloting the Falcon through obtacles as well as Han and Lando, both of whom piloted the Falcon for years and years.

and she's out force using an active force user for no good reason.

>>63828065
Fuck that ignorance. Luke's a capable Jedi, and Vader knew that, his guard's never down. If by guard down you mean he didn't see him then you're a novice on all things force because force users uses the Force to see with.
>>
>>63828123
Luke learned how to mind trick and force choke niggas on his own too. I don't see why his daughter couldn't do it, especially if she had some prior training as a child.
>>
>>63828141
Man, I don't come to /tv/ often, but I figured there was one last board here that wasn't full of stupid commentary like this.

Seriously - there was nothing definitive in the movie tying Rey to Luke.
>>
>>63828115
No it doesn't

Luke wasn't a master of the force in a New Hope, he uses it once to aim a shot and that was with Obi Wan guiding him through it as a force ghost

He also constantly has to rely on Obi Wan or Han for protection. He gets shrekt by one of the sand people and needs Obi Wan to help him during the cantina scene.

There's nothing major he does with machines other than repair a few droids
>>
The explanation I can think of is that she was pretty proficient at using her staff, and a lightsaber is not too different.
But yeah it's silly
>>
File: 1418425751631.gif (2 MB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
1418425751631.gif
2 MB, 640x352
>>63828063
You're not making any sense. You've be thrown in the middle of Rey's story. She is overpowered, from some shit that happened before. That isn't a Mary Sue dude.

>If you think Rey is okay = SJW

You have a mental disorder
>>
>>63828183
Where did I say she had something to do with Luke?
>>
>>63828183
>Seriously - there was nothing definitive in the movie tying Rey to Luke.

There isn't indeed.

And when they reveal in the sequels that she wasn't luke's daugther and never was trained by him, i want to see what excuses the apologists are going to come up with.
>>
>>63828123
Are you ignoring the fact that Jakku was a very dangerous place where she likely had to defend herself on a regular basis?

She clearly showed skills with the staff, not sure how that wouldn't somewhat translate to the ability to wield a sword to some degree, amplified by some fancy use of the force.
>>
>>63828180
Except he saw Obi Wan do the mindtrick and Vader do the force choke. And that was after a time gap from Empire Strikes back to Return of the Jedi, when he was notably older and more experienced, and also after the training he received in Empire Strikes Back. Rey picks up on that shit almost instantly, even though the Force and the Jedi are supposed to be faded into myth
>>
File: 1447366493025.png (183 KB, 477x342) Image search: [Google]
1447366493025.png
183 KB, 477x342
>>63827004
>25% of the audience that are only there because of their boyfriends.
We had a group of six guys going until the squad leader decided to give one of the guys the boot so he could bring his girlfriend. We had to explain star wars to her on the ride to the movie and the ride back.
>>
>>63828245
If she had to defend herself that's fine, that explains how she can use a staff. I would expert her to be much more hardened and less trusting, but that's a different discussion altogether. That doesn't explain how she magically becomes proficient with a lightsaber, which is a completely different weapon, or the force. Unless someone brings up the "prior training" thing again, which I already addressed.
>>
>>63828083
>badly injured

I want his meme to end. This is the guy who can stop laser shots in mid air and paralyze people.

There's no excuse as to why he didn't paralyze her again in the end.
>>
>>63827065
What's with all these edgy conformists?
>>
>>63827004

I don't get what the problem with her is. Lots of things bothered me about this movie, it sucked, but her character wasn't one of them. In fact she was one of the things I liked most. Not because it's a "girl kicking ass" or any dumb reason like that, I'm a MGTOW TRPer misogynist but this character didn't bother me. Except when she overpowered Kylo in a saber lock, wtf, but I guess she was using the Force then.
>>
>>63828160
>Without Obi Wan he would have failed
Pure speculation.

> Also you ignored Han Solo saving his ass.
Because it's not relevant. Luke wasn't trying to shoot Vader.

>That potential was only fully unlocked in the the emperor's throne room during the finale of RotJ, unlike Rey who can already mindcontrol stormtroopers
And Luke could do the mind trick at the start of RotJ. Both are self-trained.

>He loses his arm in the second movie you dumb nigger. That doesn't qualify as "holding his own"
They fought for a long ass time, far longer than any other Jedi in canon has stood against Vader, and Luke managed to wound Vader before losing his arm. Vader himself praised Luke's skills as "impressive". Watch the movie some time.

> Also it can be argued that Vader let Luke win in RotJ, because Vader was starting to get sentimental about his own son.

Vader attacked a disarmed Luke twice. He wasn't holding back.

>He has to resist the temptation, unlike Rey who doesn't even have to resist the dark side of the force despite being really fucking angry in the end on this movie.
Yeah, Luke had to resist the temptation in the third movie, maybe we should wait for Rey to get to her third film, hm?

>You first and try to watch the OT, because it's painfully obvious that you never did

This is rich coming from a mongoloid like you.
>>
>>63828180
BULLSHIT! Chronologically, Return happened many months after Luke began his Training with the greatest JEDI master EVER! REY HAD NO FUCKING TRAINING AT ALL AND SUDDENLY SHE'S DOING THINGS ONLY A MASTER CAN DO!

>>63828214
THERE'S NO SHIT THAT HAPPENED BEFORE BECAUSE THE MOVIE NEVER SAID SHE WAS SOME PADAWAN LEARNER WHO WAS TRAINED BY THIS ONE OR THAT. she's a kid left on a desert world who had to scavenge to live. She did things a master and at the very least a padawan could have done. not some novice out of the gate. you have to show a character having an ability or an edge and not say, "well in the successive films it'll come out that she received some type of training that gave her an edge in the previous film."

NEO was touted as the chosen one, the prophesied one who'd have near god like powers within the Matrix. TFA never did that. Rey was all powerful for no good reason.
>>
>>63828305
How was it addressed? They gave Anakin training at a young age and Yoda attempted to refuse to train Luke because he was too old.

They start em young, bruh.
>>
It seems like a lot of people haven't watched the original trilogy in a while. Luke was not a Gary Stu in a new hope, not even close . First let's look at instances in a new hope where Luke needed to rely on another characters help.

Tusken Raiders incapacitate Luke and Obi Wan uses force scream /krayt dragon call or whatever you want to call it to scare then away and save his life.

In the cantina the weird dude who has the death sentence on 12 systems tells Luke he's going to kill him, throws him and then obi wan cuts the guys arm off and saves Luke again.
>>
Cute but a fucking MARY SUE
>knocked out by the force with little effort
>suddenly can resists force mental probing
>>
>>63828314
You need a clear mind to use the Force and his was a mess. Not to mention that Rey proved she was strong enough to resist his Force attacks.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 196x167) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 196x167
>>63828123
>>63828178
Stop trying to infer Rey's backstory. You have no idea what it is. All we know is that she has some mysterious backstory that has to do with her force shit. That is all we know. All other shit is meaningless speculation. Using this info it is perfectly reasonable that her being overpowered can make perfect sense.

Why would you think they would make her overpowered for no reason? I don't even understand how you think it such a shitty way. Is that how shitty you write stories?
>>
How do we know the Empire is bad?
How are the Rebels good?
>>
>>63828245
sorry but you're not allowed to say because she lived in New York her whole life then she must know how to handle a gun and fight off rapist because niggers nigs often. bullshit excuse!
>>
>>63827552
han solo isn't a grimdark angst lord
c3po isnt
>>
So many newfags
Their posts are painfully obvious and the images they use to accompany them are painfully obvious.
Star Wars has somehow manged to make /tv/ worse.
>>
>>63828352
There's only one 'Jedi' left
Considering the whole balance thing the Force does. It makes sense that it concentrates heavily on a few individuals considering there are literally no Jedi or light side practitioners left.
What is bullshit is that some sith lord who can stop blaster shots at will gets shot by some stupid animal's slingshot.
>>
>>63828352
Luke spent a few hours or days with Yoda, then left to face Vader on Bespin. He didn't return to Yoda until after freeing Han and by then he already knew all that shit.

>>63828254
Rey already had some Jedi training from Luke. Kylo unlocked it after probing her mind.
>>
>>63828401
literally "muh Nazis" reasoning
>>
>>63827065
>She was a good character, mate
She was not.
But she appealed to me cause she was hot
>>
>>63828245
I don't think her being able to use the Lightsaber well is weird, since it's established she knows how to fight.

She shouldn't just be good at the Force because she "awakened" it or whatever, unless she has secret training that we don't know about yet.

We didn't see Luke do half of what she does in the movie until Empire, and that's set 3 years after a New Hope and largely revolves around him training to use the Force.
>>
>>63828405
Yeah I'm pretty sure Tatooine is a little more dangerous than New York, lol.
>>
File: VNyk86k.png (651 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
VNyk86k.png
651 KB, 1067x800
>>63827723
>>
>>63828372
don't forget the part where luke was so bad with a lightsaber he got BTFO by the training droid
>>
>>63827239
Well Rian Johnson is directing and writing Episodes 8 and 9, do you think he'll do any better with the characters?

I know he directed some good BrBa episodes but I've never seen Looper
>>
>>63828468
luke grew up on tattoine aka jakku 1.0 and wasn't a mary sue like rey was

dumb excuse, it's like saying muhammad should be a master scimitar user since he grew up in the desert, a major farce
>>
Luke was a Gary Stu. Who cares. It's pulp sci-fi on screen. It's supposed to be crap (and yes that excuse works in this case because it's Flash Gordon tier fiction)
>>
>>63828401
the Empire are bad because they blow up planets

the Rebels are good because they blow up planets which blow up planets

there is a clear demarcation of morality here and I am FRANKLY SHOCKED that it isn't obvious to you.
>>
>>63828390
NOT SURE WHERE YOU'RE FROM BUT FILMS DON'T WORK THAT WAY. A MOVIE'S ONLY ALLOWED TO USE WHAT'S CONVEYED ON FILM. YOU CAN'T HAVE ME, A HERO FROM AN ISLAND NATION WHO SUDDENLY CAN DRIVE A SUBMARINE, FLY A PLANE AND PILOT A SPACE SHUTTLE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SEE ME LEARN OR NOT LEARN HOW TO DO SO ON FILM. THAT'S FUCKING SLOPPY WRITING! fuck jar jar abrhams.
>>
>>63828464
Which would imply that one can reasonably believe that she had some legitimate training before she was dropped off in the sand.

Even Maz saw it. Plus Kylo saw it when he saw the same oceans and islands that he trained at himself. Plus Kylo knows Rey from somewhere. He freaks out when he hears about "a girl."
>>
File: 30334575.jpg (96 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
30334575.jpg
96 KB, 400x300
>>63828238
>I don't know the complete story. But, I'll assume that she is a Mary-Sue until I find out
>MUHH REY Apologists

Jesus Christ son. You have a legit mental disability
>>
>>63828372
Later Luke and the rest are stuck in the garbage chute aboard the death star. The walls start moving together and they all would have died if r2 d2 hadn't have disabled it remotely.

In the trench run, Luke disables his targeting computer and uses the force to make his shot, acting on the advice of old Ben's voice calling to him. It's not like he just figured everything out on his own, he had help along the way. Anybody who's played sports could tell you good coaching makes a big difference, even if you lack experience.

In the same sequence, Darth Vader was about to lock on to and destroy Luke, before Han Solo came in the millennium falcon and sent Vader spinning.

If Luke were a Gary Stu he would've gotten out of all those situations on his own. He's young, naive, and vulnerable but he's got good and reliable friends that help get him through.
>>
>>63828370
So she was better at the force and more proficient with a lightsaber than Luke was in the first two movies when she was like, 4. That means she was also more proficient at the force than Kylo at that age, even though he trained under Luke for years. She learned how to mindtrick people, probe people's mind, use telekinsesis, and wield a lightsaber at an age where most children can't form abstract thoughts

Nope, not a mary sue at all
>>
File: rey.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
rey.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1529
Stop bitching about obvious shit you dumb niggers.
>>
>>63828468
you're only allowed to tout what was shown on film and at the very least you saw gangsters and scoundrels. New York has niggers and spics robbing and shooting each other and people, daily. How is tattoine worse than New York again?
>>
>>63828551
I'm not denying that at all. She's Anakin 2.0 who has come along to upset the balance again so they have a story to make 3 more movies about.
>>
>>63828551
She never trained with Luke holy shit
>>
>>63828590
Anakin did balance the force though, his actions brought 1 Sith vs 10000 Jedi back to more even terms.
>>
>>63828617
You don't know that - why would she have visions of the ocean planet? It's open to interpretation at the moment, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>63828345
>Pure speculation.

Obi Wan tells Luke to use the Force. Did you even watch the movie you nigger?

>Because it's not relevant. Luke wasn't trying to shoot Vader.

But Vader had Luke's ship on his sights. If Han didn't sho up he was going to get killed. Once again did you vene watch the movie?

>And Luke could do the mind trick at the start of RotJ. Both are self-trained.

Only after three movies and having spent time with Obi Wan and Yoda. Self-trained my ass.

>hey fought for a long ass time, far longer than any other Jedi in canon has stood against Vader, and Luke managed to wound Vader before losing his arm. Vader himself praised Luke's skills as "impressive". Watch the movie some time.

Vader was trying to get Luke to his side, which is the only reason that fight lasted as long as it did. Besides it doesn't matter Luke never defeated Vader in the first or second movie. Unlike Rey.

>Vader attacked a disarmed Luke twice. He wasn't holding back.

But never finished him. Also it is obvious he was getting sentimental and starting to have doubts. But once again it doesn't matter. Vader is the one who ends up killing the emperor and saving the day, not Luke.

>Yeah, Luke had to resist the temptation in the third movie, maybe we should wait for Rey to get to her third film, hm?

She gets mindfucked by a sith in this movie and also gets really fucking angry and proceeds to defeat the sith in question. Any other Jedi would have started down the path of the dark side, but Mary sue incarnate doensn't even get tempted by the dark side, let alone have any doubts.

>This is rich coming from a mongoloid like you.

Right back at you nigger.
>>
>>63828516
where was Luke Gary Stu? examples my friend is needed.
>>
>>63828541
mmmmmm that's good writing
>>
>>63827065
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
File: 1431688426722.jpg (178 KB, 491x713) Image search: [Google]
1431688426722.jpg
178 KB, 491x713
>>63828352
>BUTT in chapter 24, in book 8, in the Chiss-Vong Saga (9798 BBY) ... Luke says that HE WILL NEVER TRAIN SOMEONE EVER!!!! NEVER EVER! NEVER EVER! EVER!

>SO SHE CAN'T BE TRAINED!!!

>Check-mate Atheists

KEK
>>
>>63828516
Read my fucking posts on why like is not a Gary Stu (at least not until rotj). How can they make her so perfect in the first fucking movie!
>>
>>63828555
at least they made her relatable to the mouthbreathing instagram generation by putting her in uggs
>>
Luke was a fucking Mary Sue though, you'd have to be retarded not to see that. He was slightly not one in ESB but he's overall a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63828722
>luke
>mary sue

you're a retard. he had plenty of flaws and had to get saved by obi wan plenty of times. rey has zero flaws and never needs saving, or any training.
>>
>>63828282
What a jerk, why didn't you defend your friend?
>>
>>63828555
So i see that the "Force Awakening" is an excuse to explain any plot hole or bullshit actions of the characters in this movie.

But didn't they mock that same thing during this movie. What was that dialogue between Finn and Solo again?
>>
>>63828754
because it was going to be a "sausage fest" without her and they were shamed into accepting it
>>
>>63828541
>>63828372

>>63828722

This is my argument as to why Luke is not a mary sue. When the fuck was Rey ever in a position as vulnerable as any of those!? Luke wasn't an untouchable super Jedi until the third movie, in the first one he just showed potential, he wasn't the most useful character in the movie. He wasn't fucking showing Han solo how to better use the falcon.
>>
>>63828749
Why don't you quit beating around the fucking bush and admit you're butthurt because she isn't eye candy and wearing sexy outfits for you while being a generic damsel in distress.

The idea of a female protagonist with the same conflicts and dilemmas as a male has terrify you.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2015/12/star-wars-the-feminism-awakens/420843/
>>
>>63828689
>I am too dumb to understand what a "backstory" is
>Why wasn't her whole story spelled out to me from the beginning?

Life must be very confusing for you
>>
>>63828846
>female
>male

what is it with creepy people referring to men and women as males and females like their studying beetles

oh ya, autism
>>
>>63828793
It's fucking Star Wars, and what is wrong with a sausage fest every now and then?

Your friends sound like a bunch of underage faggots desu.
>>
>>63828793
You are complete and utter cucks
>>
>>63828837
While I found the Rey vs. Elliot Rodger scene kind of annoying, he WAS wounded, he was shot by Chewy. She was able to stop his mind control and even read his mind, all so fast, so that was kind of lame too.

Still, since Episode 8 and 9 are hopefully not going to just be nostalgia remixes of the original trilogy, there will be more room for her character development and flaws for when she trains with Luke
>>
>>63828852
Yeah and solo has a back story too, as captain of the fucking millennium falcon. Yeah she collected scrap, so we should assume she's better with Han's ship than he is. What isn't she good at by the way?
>>
>>63827004
she was no more of a "mary sue" than anakin was in TPM, silly autists.

you guys will be "debating" this for years.
>>
>>63828685
by your reasoning she could very well be Snoke's master, seeing as how anything is possible especially if it wasn't conveyed on film, by your reasoning, she could be Arnold's character who was in actuality, the villain then wiped. She could be a female made clone of Palpatine who had his memories but willingly allowed herself to be wiped and left on a desert world until she was old enough to get her empire back. sounds like bullshit yes, but according to you its a possibility because everything is. in fact i doubt she was on that planet for too long either. maybe she's only been there for a few years and her and everyone who knows her was mind wiped into believing other wise. it's possible because according to you, all things is acceptable and impossible especially if it wasn't conveyed on screen.

>>63828722
you, you're a fucking idiot and answering you would be like eating shit. so i won't respond again to you and will leave you with this, FUCK OFF.

>>63828846
BULLSHIT. this Mary Sue doesn't even come close to the believability that was Riipley or Sarah Conner. She's some deus ex Machina derived by Jar Jar and the rat to appeal to the tumblerinas (see: you).
>>
>>63828846
now i know you're just a b8er

fuck off anita
>>
File: 1439598174455.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1439598174455.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>63828837
Why do you hate women? Is it because you're a virgin? Constant rejection?
>>
>>63828160
>Obi-Wan didn't take the shot, Luke did. Obi-Wan was just providing support.
technically he didn't do flips and shit, he was pretty much flying straight the entire time. Even then, he needed help.

>No, his natural potential was always insane. It's why Vader and the Emperor wanted him so badly.
They said he was strong, but he did get rekt by the emperor and his crazy lightning magic.

>That almost falls to the dark side in the last movie.
well he uses darkside to defeat Vader, obviously. I always thought that Luke was neutral in force, therefore when every other force user is dead, it's balanced.
>>
>>63827543
lets compare luke and rey in their first movies based on your criteria
>>an amazing pilot
>luke: pretty good for his age because that's his hobby and he's had tons of practice shooting womp rats. the only thing we see is him making the trench run, which every other rebel pilot does
>rey: can outmaneuver 2 imperial tie fighters while flying a decrepit old freighter that hasn't moved in years. absolutely zero indication she's even had access to any other ship to practice in her entire life
>>ridiculously strong in the Force
>luke: fucks up the laser deflecting training, whines about it, takes the entire movie and help from a ghost to finally use the force well enough to make the shot on the death star. it took an entire movie of development and is the climax of every plotline
>rey: resists mindjacking from someone trained in both sides of the force because grrl power. does a jedi mind trick cuz she heard that was a thing once. wins force pull tug of war with said trained character at the end, once again, just because. how did she even know these were things you could do with the force?
>>a master swordsman after spending a few hours with Obi-Wan and Yoda
>luke: uses the saber once in a training exercise and sucks at it. gets his ass kicked in the 2nd movie. not even remotely competent until the 3rd movie
>rey: effortlessly defeats the only other saber user in the movie the first time she touches a light saber. hey but at least they showed she could do stick fighting and maybe gained proficiency that way. still stupid
>>good with machines
>luke: he's ok at it. it's his fucking job though, and it's kind of a mundane thing in star wars. all we ever see him do is clean R2D2 at the beginning
>rey: outsmarts han fucking solo at using his own ship. can fix literally everything. maybe she learned how to fix the gas vents on the falcon by scavenging broken parts off that star destroyer's engine lel
TO BE CONTINUED
>>
>>63828937
In just saying Luke is not a mary sue and Rey is. Obviously the force awakened in her and there will be some sort of justification for her amazing abilities but Luke was far from perfect in a new hope
>>
>>63828924
And literally everyone hated Anakin in TPM you delusional waifufag
>>
>>63827004
>Struggle so intensely to make sure the female character is free of tropes

And they failed miserably.

>>63827174
>She was literally ANH Luke, just gender bent.

And with a dark tragic past.
>>
File: 1435209388109.jpg (865 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1435209388109.jpg
865 KB, 2048x2048
>>63828921
>Han is a bad-ass overpowered pilot when he was first introduced

HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT!
Han is a MARY-SUE!!!
>>
File: Smuck.jpg (86 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
Smuck.jpg
86 KB, 600x607
I loved the movie and had no issues with their being blacks or women. But like with Mad Max, it's really unfair to just not actually listen to or consider criticism against those choices and just scream DURR UR RACIST AND SEXIST BIGOT Also its ok to joke about nerds or gingers, but not for other groupings of people? Speaking of grouping people and prejudice, have you ever considered that lumping people into a skin color or gender is technically no different than lumping them into hair color or opinions?

Why do blacks need representation, but not asians or latin americans, indians, etc? Could it possibly be that other races don't sue, riot, and complain about trivial things or understand they do not make up a significant portion of the population? I'm a white guy in Japan, less than 1%. I don't see whites represented in anything here. Does it irk me? Not at all. COULD it POSSIBLY be that blacks have too much of a victim complex?

Why does physical strength and combat ability need to be what signifies sex equality? There are different types of strength. Women are just scientifically not as physically strong, but excel in other ways. Leia was a strong character and a person of high importance in the original movies. To say this movie is more equal for women would suggest Leia or women weren't shown in an equal light in the originals. For Rey, one could argue for the force being a nonphysical thing (see: yoda), but she is physically capable and a stronger fighter than Finn before the "force awakens" in her, despite her being a desert scrapper and he a soldier trained to fight from birth.

When you see that noname black lady with ackbar, we all know she was placed there not for her talent, but because she is black and female. Is that not the issue? Ironically, "progressive-thinking, anti-racist/sexist" people also can be ignorantly racist or sexist themselves, or just plain ignorant.
>>
>>63827004
I'd rather have a white female as the protag rather than a black.
>>
>>63829003
Sounds a lot like fucking Anakin Skywalker in Episode 1, eh?

She's a Mary Sue and she's not a Skywalker.
>>
>>63828924
What, did Anakin face a dark Jedi and one upped him for no good reason? No Anakin drove pods and it took him a while to even get good at that. he was in a fighter that was on remote wire too the battle and used his force ability to avoid obstacles to avoid every shot fired at him and that's an ability he learned, gingerly, using pod racing on the desert world, and even that took years and the wrecking of several pods until he developed the Jedi sense to avoid obstacles.

if you'd remember his mother said he crashed often and every successive race he was in she was in fear for him because he crashed pods often.

Mary Sue however was a scavenger and suddenly, she's good at everything whereas Anakin was touted as having several trial and errors until he mastered pod racing and developed his force sense accordingly.

try again, faggot.
>>
File: 1395566933923.jpg (17 KB, 338x333) Image search: [Google]
1395566933923.jpg
17 KB, 338x333
>>63829050
>Why do blacks need representation, but not asians or latin americans, indians, etc?
>mfw cute Asian girls in Star Wars
>>
>>63829054
I wouldn't. I connect far more with the struggles of a black male than the privilege of being a white female, the most coddled demographic of humans in our history.
>>
>>63828667
>Obi Wan tells Luke to use the Force. Did you even watch the movie you nigger?
Are you dumb? I said it's pure speculation that Luke would fail the shot without Obi-Wan. The targetting computer could have worked.

>But Vader had Luke's ship on his sights. If Han didn't sho up he was going to get killed. Once again did you vene watch the movie?
Again, are you dumb? Luke knew Vader was on his tail, his priority was the Death Star, even if that meant he would die.

>Only after three movies and having spent time with Obi Wan and Yoda. Self-trained my ass.
A massive overexaggeration. He had an hour or two of training with Obi-Wan and a day with Yoda. He learned the mind trick on his own.

>
Vader was trying to get Luke to his side, which is the only reason that fight lasted as long as it did. Besides it doesn't matter Luke never defeated Vader in the first or second movie. Unlike Rey.

And Rey didn't fight an opponent on the level of Darth Vader. She fought a child whose training was incomplete, his mind was a mess, and his body was damaged. Vader would destroy Kylo and Rey at the same time.

>But never finished him.
Because Luke evaded him, not because of Vader.

>Also it is obvious he was getting sentimental and starting to have doubts.

That didn't stop him from taunting Luke and trying to convert him.

> Vader is the one who ends up killing the emperor and saving the day, not Luke.
Vader wouldn't have killed the Emperor if Luke didn't turn him back to the light.

>She gets mindfucked by a sith in this movie and also gets really fucking angry and proceeds to defeat the sith in question. Any other Jedi would have started down the path of the dark side, but Mary sue incarnate doensn't even get tempted by the dark side, let alone have any doubts.

You didn't watch TFA. Kylo FAILS the mind rape. She read his mind instead, and he accidentally unlocked her Force powers.
>>
wait
people are actually defending the worst character, Rey?
>>
>>63829050
>Also its ok to joke about nerds or gingers, but not for other groupings of people?

lmao is this b8?
>>
>>63829047
If you want to see bad ass overpowered pilots look to Poe Dameron. I liked Oscar Isaac a lot and I think he's really going to make the next movie but holy shit the amount of tie fighters he shot down was like somebody playing rogue squadron
>>
>>63827174
She was "SUPERCHARGED!"
She was best at everything, just like a character from the expendables. She even ran faster than Finn when "she was so strong and independant" amd dodn't want to hold hands.
>>
>>63829029
you're just singling her character out because of your issues with women, you misogynistic shitlord

see, everyone can strawman!!!
>>
>>63829003
>pretty good for his age because that's his hobby and he's had tons of practice shooting womp rats. the only thing we see is him making the trench run, which every other rebel pilot does

not only that but he almost gets blown up, han ends up saving him
>>
File: 1423387171883.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1423387171883.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>63829009
Bullshit.
Luke was an Overpowered Droid Fixer in EP4. They didn't even build it up! Luke is the definition of a Mary Sue. He just comes out of nowhere with all this Overpowered Droid FIXING ability!
>>
>>63829050
>Why do blacks need representation, but not asians or latin americans, indians, etc?

We got all of those in the movie,too, barring maybe Indians.
>>
>>63829066
Yeah, because everyone loved episode 1
>>
>>63829142
It was pretty fucking cool to see him whomp on like 6 Tie fighters in a row, though.
>>
File: 1353110949455.gif (1 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1353110949455.gif
1 MB, 350x262
>>63829142
You're right! EVERYONE IS A MARY SUE! OHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO!
>>
>>63829166
What droid did he fix? He took a restraining bolt off r2 and gave c3p0 a bath. I'm getting trolled
>>
>>63829077
>face a dark Jedi and one upped him for no good reason?

kek people are still pretending kylo wasn't wounded emotionally and physically? Are people avoiding the fact that he was very obviously NOT trying to kill Rey? And REY (a fucking Skywalker) WAS OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO KILL HIM, up until the ground split, then she just left him.
try again, faggot
>>
>>63829144
Luke was just a farmboy before ANH. He didn't become a fighter until he joined the Rebels. Rey has been stuck alone on a hostile shithole for 10-15 years. It makes sense that she's a survivor.

>She even ran faster than Finn when "she was so strong and independant" amd dodn't want to hold hands.

But if they did hold hands you'd call her a coal burner, right?
>>
>>63828555
are Disney absolute retards
>staff and swords are the same thing
wtf is this bullshit
>>
File: 1274756127073.jpg (47 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
1274756127073.jpg
47 KB, 350x392
>>63829050
Not even good B8
>>
>>63829188
Yeah I loved it I'm not gonna lie
>>
>>63829077
let's not forget anakin even lost lightsaber battles before in the prequels
>>
>>63829144
wow she ran faster than the short fat kid with stubby legs what a mary sue wow these sjws need to stop with this cultural genocide on the white man!!!!!

inb4
>hello reddit/go back to tumblr

try not to be so predictable, stormweenie
>>
>>63829239
Nobody said that, mong. It's simply logical that her experience with melee weapons partially translates to her skill with a saber. Add the Force guiding her and it makes sense. Luke had never flown an X-Wing but her fucked up the Death Star when he let the Force flow through him.
>>
>>63828555
Do you think she ever had her cun molested by aliens failing to defend herself as she was growing up?
>>
>>63829228
Rey was blasted into a tree with enough force to nearly knock her out. She saw Finn badly injured if not dead, she saw her adopted father figure killed. Also after Rey somehow became proficient with the lightsabre and knocked Ren down, he probably would take the fight seriously.
>>
>>63828793
Your friends are massive faggots for getting the golden "bros before hoes" rule. And I mean literal faggots still in the closet so they don't want to be seen as "gay" by hanging in a small group composed entirely of guys.
>>
>>63827995
Emperor wanted Luke because of his hot young body.
>>
>>63829278
We're talking about babby Anakin in TPM not the other prequels, try to stay focused. I know reading comprehension is difficult with a subpar IQ
>>
>>63829287
please let this be b8
>>
>>63828837
>>63828910
>>63828541

Having the hero "get saved" is not what makes a character a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, what matters is that the character THEMSELVES are motivated to move their own plot forward.

NOT just being "capable" ala- Rey just knows how to pilot even though a capable pilot woulda got some cash together, fixed a ship and flown the fuck OUT of Jakku.

Luke had a responsibility to take care of his Aunt and Uncle. He worked for them. It was a shit job, but he couldn't just run away because he's a naiive kid and that would make him selfish.

Where Luke IS NOT a Mary Sue-
>after initially refusing Obi Wan's offer to quest to help Leia, he chooses himself to become a Jedi. It's after the stormtroopers murder his family but now he's got a reason to fight. Be it Vengeance or just that now he has to fight to survive himself.

>When the Millenium Falcon gets tractored into the Death Star, Han wants to chill in hiding until Obi Wan gets back. It's Luke's choice and clever wits that get him to have Han help him save the Princess.

>Luke saves Leia, and while she helps fight her way out as well he has many beats to help them get out. Like using the rope to swing the gap, etc.

>When Obi Wan dies, it really affects Luke, he now has another great reason to hate Vader. In ANH Vader "killed" his father and now his mentor. Vader is an extension of the Empire who also killed his aunt and uncle.

>Preparing Luke to face the empire head on when they fight the Death Star, sure Han "saves" him but that is more to prove that Han isn't an asshole and when it comes to the final shot- he relies on the teachings of Obi Wan and ultimately it is HIM that fires the torpedoes at just the right moment based on how in tune HE IS with the Force.

Jesus fuck. Mary Sue doesn't mean a character is capable of saving themselves from every situation.

Iron Man, Bat Man, all male capeshits have a scene where someone lends a helping hand, but THEY are in control of their story.
>>
>>63829003
>>63827543
CONTINUED
>>the most noble and kind-hearted character in the series
>luke is a good guy omg
>rey gets a point for being a cunt here i guess. she does beat the shit out of finn for no reason other than a droid recognized his jacket.
>>loyal
>luke: to a fault. multiple times this almost gets him killed and is used to tempt him to the dark side
>rey: literally sitting in a desert for god knows how many years waiting for someone. refuses nearly every chance to get out until the very end of the movie. she's kind of a dick to the rest of the cast, but she's FANATICALLY loyal to mystery person
>>incorruptible
>luke: never really tempted in the first movie, but uses dark side powers in the 3rd and has to resist the emperor trying to seduce him to the dark side
>rey: never really tempted again. every cunty thing she does, like beating up a defenseless black man after accusing him of stealing, is played off as badass because grrrl power

luke is whiny, and impatient and basically the exact opposite of the zen-like calm, controlled demeanor of a jedi. it's why EVERYONE is worried about training him, especially given his parentage.

rey is a better han than han, a better luke than luke, and a better leia than leia, all rolled in to one character, that can do everything better than everyone with no training
>>
>>63829333
>babby
baby*
I know it's hard for retarded people
>>
>>63829341
>
NOT just being "capable" ala- Rey just knows how to pilot even though a capable pilot woulda got some cash together, fixed a ship and flown the fuck OUT of Jakku.

Did you even watch the fucking movie? She was there because she was waiting for her family. Holy shit you niggers are complete retards.
>>
>>63827004
Tfw you will never have your hips shatter by her petite body riding your cock.
>>
>>63829370
spotted the redditor, I think it's time for you to leave friend.

RIP in piece your time with 4chan
>>
>>63827004
she was qt af
>>
>>63827409
Anon, she looks like a male version if young luke
>>
>>63829429
hello reddit
>>
File: daisy.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
daisy.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63829407
>implying she won't beat your candy ass
>>
>>63827004
A glib facsimile tbqh familam.
Bane.
>>
File: 1043.gif (2 MB, 280x296) Image search: [Google]
1043.gif
2 MB, 280x296
>>63829341
Mary Sue please go
>>
>>63829472
she weighs what, ~40kg?
lmao that's nothing m8
>>
>>63829341

A Mary Sue or, in case of a male, Gary Stu or Marty Stu is an idealized fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through extraordinary abilities. Often but not necessarily this character is recognized as an author insert and/or wish-fulfillment.

It seems being a mary sue has more to do with extraordinary abilities.
>>
>>63829182
i guess po is latin? so 1?

what asians?

>>63829242
>le maymay
nice rebuke

implyingmyclientisguilty.jpg
>>
>>63829472
still hits harder than mayweather
>>
>>63829511
Probably more in the 50-60kg region.

Her insta has her deadlifting 80kg. If she was 40kg, 2x bw is impressive for people who don't lift properly and a woman in general. 1.5-1.6x is more realistic and still impressive for a woman.
>>
>>63829228
because he was SOO WOUNDED he didn't beat Finn and Finn just layed down because he was told to do so. Kylo was good enough to wreck Finn but not good enough to stop Rey?

Mary Sue, anyone?

>>63829278
Dooku curb stomped both anakin and obi-wan...it was fucking glorious.
Were it Rey though, Dooku would have had his shit pushed in.
>>
>>63829230
She can burn as much coal as she wants, im not into your internet meymey.
People just don't want to realise the forced dialogue. And a white woman running faster than a black man? Just means she must also be really fast. Because it's not like she's bad at anything.
>>
File: 514514514.png (613 KB, 1914x799) Image search: [Google]
514514514.png
613 KB, 1914x799
>>63829472
WUT? How is she doing that? How does she know any of that? Daisy must be a Mary-Sue
>>
>>63829472
Hands down chin up!
>>
>>63829584
You're making out as if Ren is as good as Dooku. Take Driver's cock out of your mouth for a second. Ren would have been beaten by any of the younglings in the temple.
>>
She should have been played by Nick Cage.
>>
>>63829341
yeah no, she's Mary Sue'ing her way in a dog fight through Obstacles with the Falcon then she's telepathic blocking a Jedi trained user then she's man handling everyone who fights her then she's cluster fucker said active force user who just cluster fucked a novice, as she is supposed to be but not apparently because of she's a Mary Sue.
>>
>>63828903
>>63828886
>>63829320
Bruh wtf this guy: >>63828793 isn't me: >>63828282

The reason we didn't say anything about it was because it happened last minute as fuck, we were an hour late with no time to argue, and the guy that got kicked was that one friend no one particularly enjoys.
>>
>>63829645
Ren was trained in the jedi way since he was born
Rey had no training at all
>>
>>63829645
the force awakens showed that Rey could Mary Sue her way out of anything. Where as Anakin was a braggart who got his shit pushed in.
Rey was James Bond. in fact she was more James Bond than James Bond.
>>
>>63828063
Carrie Fisher was a heroin done right jdimsa
>>
>>63827158
is that some line in the movie or are we just making up baby words now?
>>
>>63829704
They made it sound like they sent Ren to Luke, as if he initially wasn't trained since child for force. Rey probably was trained since she was born, but we saw she got put on jakku when she was a young child. It's not impossible they both have received the same amount of training, but Rey was given the Darth Revan treatment to forget hers.
>>
>>63829704
No. He was shipped off to Luke after his parents starting seeing "the Vader in him" and he didn't even get to construct his own lightsaber, which gives you a measure of the progress of his training under Luke (not much) before he fucked off with Snoke.

Rey winning is Mary Sue bullshit, but you still have Driver's cock in your mouth if you think he's good.
>>
>>63829740
Exactly, she had a blaster and shot at the enemy and sometimes she hit them and others she missed them. She was believable. Rey wasn't believable, at all. Finn was believable and was a good shot because he was a trained shooter. Rey's good at everything for no good reason other than plot convenience and girl power feminist who needs no man.
>>
>>63829670
You know Luke did shit like this too right? Like, you are actively ignoring that this stuff happened because you're so pained that it's a woman. What's weird is it looks like she actually has combat and piloting training, and compared to Luke, who had none, she stands more of a chance against these things, so it even makes sense.

>>63829704
Ren also throws temper tantrums and doesn't even seem properly trained. Ren also took a bunch of hits from other people before he even fought her.
>>
>>63829797
Rey missed her first couple of shots. Your autist goggles must have stopped you from seeing that.
>>
>>63829740
In fact Ripley was a heroin done right as was the protagonist in G.I. Jane. Remeber the Cell, she was a heroin that was done right. Remember Nightmare on Elm Street 4 dream warrior? Another heroin done right.
>>
>>63829103
>and a day with Yoda

Literally didn't watch the movies.
>>
>>63827543
Luke was a jedi master that needed is old maimed dad to save him from Sheev.
>>
>>63829403
"I'm waiting for my family"
>15 years later
"I'm waiting for my family"

Did you watch the movie? It's not like that harsh environment of Jakku would make her more lonely, jaded, angry, bored, sad, happy to get away. That place did nothing to her personality after 10-15years. What the fuck. She said she waited for her parents, 2 seconds later she doesn't give a shit about them because she's offered a job.
Wow what character
>>
>>63829797
The joke

Her finger

You
>>
>>63829823
Luke doesn't man handle anyone who fights him. Yeah they all shoot a lot of storm troopers buts that's every character in every movie
>>
>>63829103

>She fought a child whose training was incomplete, his mind was a mess, and his body was damaged

Please. He actually trained with Luke and the Sith overlord in the movie. He stopped a laser bolt with his mind, so it proves he has cray ability.

People are reaching so hard.

Besides it would better serve the trilogy for her t o actually struggle in her path like every good story ever. And Force training actually be tough, like every Jedi ever.
>>
>>63827004
>Catering the main character to appeal to the 25% of the audience that are only there because of their boyfriends.
>he doesn't know about waifufags
boy am i laffin
>>
>>63829891
>laser bolt
>blaster
>laser
Fuck off, secondary
>>
File: 1405251491619.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1405251491619.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>63829608
LUKE COULDN'T KICK LIKE THAT IN ANH! WHAT A FUCKING BULLSHIT CHARACTER!
>>
>>63829286
>women
>runnning faster than a mean
>a BLACK man

Yeah alright
>>
>>63829823
Luke was a pilot. It established early one that he was a very good pilot who flew planes for years and in fact, a very good friend of his and fellow crop duster was also one of the pilots. So you see, time, and effort, and practice, leads to skill.

Rey, could pilot the falcon in a dog fight, for no good reason at all.

>>63829836
yes, and then she flew the falcon superbly in a dog fight (and that's knowing more about it than even Han apparently) and then she out forced an active force user...bravo jar jar.
>>
>>63829858
>That place did nothing to her personality after 10-15years. What the fuck.
>Tatooine did nothing to Luke's personality after 19 years. What the fuck.

> She said she waited for her parents, 2 seconds later she doesn't give a shit about them because she's offered a job.
She turned Han down you fucking cuck.
>>
>>63829916
Cool strawman
>>
>>63829842
how many days and hours did Rey have with a veritable Jedi master? oh, none? Then she's a Mary Sue. But before you go, Luke spend an entire day with a Jedi Master training and still got his shit pushed in by Vader.

Not Rey though.
>>
>>63829961
>>63829916
>>63829608

Stop samefagging you nigger.
>>
>>63829858
>What the fuck. She said she waited for her parents, 2 seconds later she doesn't give a shit about them because she's offered a job.
She turns down the job. It's not until she eyes up the horrible CGI alien that she admits the truth and accepts that nobody is coming back for her.

You didn't watch the movie, fuck off.
>>
>>63829915
nobody uses the term secondary you weeb faggot
go cum on your anime toy
>>
>>63829891
> He stopped a laser bolt with his mind, so it proves he has cray ability.
Did that happen right after he had murdered his own father? No.

>Besides it would better serve the trilogy for her t o actually struggle in her path like every good story ever. And Force training actually be tough, like every Jedi ever.

She will struggle, just not with Kylo alone. There are 7 Knights of Ren + Snoke to deal with.
>>
>>63829823
Luke did cool shit with the force AFTER YEARS OF TRAINING. She fucking mastered the force five minutes after she found out that she could use it.
>she's not a Mary Sue because she had the use the mind trick twice before it worked
Fuck off, Rey is a trash character.
>>
>>63829996
Cool story Mary Sue
TheMarySue.com----------->
>>
>>63829996
wtf? >>63829916 and >>63829608 are clealy making fun of the Rey haters
>>
>>63829927
>yes, and then she flew the falcon superbly in a dog fight (and that's knowing more about it than even Han apparently)
Yeah, I can't excuse any of that. That was just bullshit.

I'm just not an autist who wants to hate it, so I can see good and bad points, where things can be justified (however slight) and when they are asspulls.
>>
>>63829836
>Have you used one of these before?
>no, it's just point and shoot right?
>oh no, it's not that easy..
>next scene
>shit a storm trooper
> strom trooper obviously misses
>oh yeah the safety, (uses 2 seconds to switch of the safety).
>misses 1 shot and then killshot
Bravo JJ
>>
I would argue but as a mtf who saw it with another mtf on a date its still a sausage fest
>>
>>63827004
>i learned the term mary sue 3 days ago now let me keep telling you all about it every day
>>
I personally am getting tired of the "real fan" mentality that people have thinking if they are a dude who complains it means they know more, understand more, are more a die hard fan, more a nerd, more intelligent, or are simply superior. It just means you like to bitch. Did you know a woman saved the original movie with her editing? Look up how awful that movie would have been without her. One of these days you guys are going to figure out how ridiculous your behavior is, and you're going to be embarrassed with how you acted and how much you isolated yourself from reality. You'll wake up and realize the way you feel all smothered and threatened by people who have no interest with invading your special place is petty, and how these same people you spend all your energy trying to drag down are merely are making a space of their own and were always there and are sick of you insisting they not be allowed a space of their own because your ego feels threatened. You would be nothing without other people to look down on. Sadly, what it meant to be a nerd or a fan of something like star wars in the past has changed and morphed into this entitled toxic attitude shared by a small population believing itself to be the majority b/c you spend all your time preaching to the choir on forums. You guys have built this identity of feeling superior to everyone because you don't like something and you should really thank george lucas for failing to meet your expectations with the prequel trilogy, because you would have no identity without bitching. Clearly the ideas of Carl Jung, the monomyth, the hero with a thousand faces has gone way over your head. All of the heros in star wars are mary sues. That is the point of the series. To explore this repeating story, and the raw emotional power it has. Please leave the star wars fandom, the majority of the fans don't want you anyways. If star wars was really meant for the few "nerds" than it wouldn't be the cultural phenomenon it is.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.