[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me the political situation of the galaxy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: star-wars-wallpaper-11.jpg (726 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-wallpaper-11.jpg
726 KB, 1920x1080
Can someone explain to me the political situation of the galaxy and what exactly the republic are doing?

Abrahams' fan-pandering film didn't explain anything
>>
GLIB
>>
>>63826529

BUMPSIMILE
>>
>>63826521

No, we cant.

This is by far the Star Wars film with less lore and background story.

Nothing is explained. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>63826577

Is there no comic or cartoon stuff? /tv/ Star Wars nerds please report in and fill in the story
>>
>>63826521
>The First Order is the imperial remnant
>the core worlds are the Republic
>the rebels are not part of the Republic and fight the Order
>>
>>63826622

Why aren't the Republic fighting?
>>
The First Order is now the Rebellion, the Republic runs the galaxy and they're still totally stupid and incompetent.
>>
>>63826617
There are mostly canon marvel books that are between 6 and 7. Several books announced for 2016. even a new Tarkin book in 2016.
But i would say use wookiepedia or so. They rather collect mostly all new lore quick.
>>
>>63826718
I would say, the galaxy is like our afghanistan right now.
>>
>>63826718
How did a rebellion manage to create a massive WMD 10 times bigger than the death star?
>>
>>63826521
Use the Wiki.

May the Force be with (You).
>>
>>63826775
they had the glib facsimile
>>
>>63826775
Its not a rebelion. Its more like old regiment, rely on old warmachines.
Dont recall, but most say its an old project that was forgotten/noone but highest imperium knew about.
So it was under construction since both death stars.
>>
>>63826798

Which page?
>>
>>63826852
How does one forget a planet-sized military base exactly
>>
>>63826916

the same way JJ forgot that one shouldn't create a glib facsimile
>>
The empire was a good thing for most people so it's taking a long time to completely die out. For a political faction that spans a good fraction of the galaxy, taking out one or two Death Stars and Sith really doesn't put a dent in the day-to-day administration.

If anything First Order is only there to put a name on the enemy because the RotJ made it seem like the rebels had won instead of merely mosquito bite the galactic Empire. It would be confusing for a casual fan to see that the Empire hasn't folded like a card house, so JJ just made Space Nazis 2.0
>>
>>63826916
The same way you forget where a massive clone army comes from.
>>
>>63827054
nobody forgot tho
>>
First Order = resurgent empire
New Republic = main galactic government which rules territory not controlled by FO
Resistance: guerrilla movement in FO space backed by the New Republic

QED
>>
>>63826916
Shit happens if you watch too many movies you have to switch your brain off for
>>
>>63826521
If you want galactic politics, then watch the prequels.
>>
>>63827336
gud 1 dood
>>
>>63826698
Probaly like in the prequel trilogy that they dont have an army
>>
>>63827395

They're stupid, then

>no jedi order
>no army

lol what's stopping anyone from blowing them the fuck out
>>
>>63827412
They are continuously being BTFO throughout the EU. The empire is a strong horse compared to the limp-wristed Republic. That's why you turn to them if you don't want a Hutt problem.
>>
The Galactic Empire = Soviet Union
Imperial Remnants = Russian Federation
First Order = Russian separatists
The Resistance = Ukrainian nationalists
The New Republic = European Union

Not taking sides, just making the point that it's basically a proxy conflict between a new super-state and a collapsed empire.
>>
>>63826916
Thats why i wrote "highest imperium"
Only they knew, some were killed, few knew.
Maybe thats why they call themself first order. Order 666 kill all jedis. Order 1 build big sphericall mass weapons.
And yes sometimes you have to accept that luck reigns for the plot.

>>63827395
Where they come from was known to the generals. Most jedis all dead. Sheev and darth knew, both dead.
Question would be
Is it known but never adressed. Forgotten and troopers are recruited. Or only the highest officers know where to order a new battalion.
Its all speculation and head canon i guess.
>>
>>63827608
So they just genocided all the construction workers, all the ship pilots and all the troopers who ever laid eyes on the base?
>>
>>63827716
yes
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.