[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wrecks a Sith as Padawan >survives Colliseum clusterfuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 11
File: obi ewan.jpg (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
obi ewan.jpg
21 KB, 600x300
>wrecks a Sith as Padawan
>survives Colliseum clusterfuck battle
>holds hiw ground against Dooku
>becomes hero in the clone wars
>single-handeldy wrecks Grievious, literally a jedi murdering machine
>kicks Anakins ass, the strongest force user in the universe

Is Obi-Wan the best duelist of all Jedi?

>inb4 muh Windu
>>
Windu's meant to be better, but Obi-Wan's just below him
>>
>>63825330
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63825330
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63825360
says who?

and don't fucking say 'wookiepedia'
>>
>>63825446
Says the movies literally referring to Windu as the best duelist, and Obi-Wan next after him.

He's also the next best on force usage after Yoda, so he's still GOAT tier Jedi
>>
>>63825446
Windu basically took down Palpatine until Anakin came and fucked it up. Yoda couldn't even do that.
>>
>>63825330
Yeah, he's the best. I always wondered why he didn't go after Sidious after he defeated Anakin.

And I never got the Windu thing either. Is that just because Anakin says Obi is
>as wise as Master Yoda and as powerful as Master Windu
>>
>>63825499
But wasn't that a 3 on 1?
>>
the grievous fight was without a doubt the worst part of episode 3
>take "new" bad guy character, supposed to be this dreaded jedi-killing monster
>only give him two fights, he's laughably incompetent in both
the only person we even see grievous kill is some grunt clone that he runs over in his runawaymobile
>>
>>63825547

4v1, hard to say that they were really in the fight however. They would just get in the way.
>>
>>63825499
assuming sheev didn't tank intentionally to force anakin into action
>>
>>63825547
It starts as 4v1, then Sheev kills three in a few seconds
>>
>>63825547
What the fuck are you even talking about? Palpatine killed the other 3 Jedi Windu was with. It was 1v1 and like I said Anakin fucked it up.
>>
>>63825499
>Yoda couldn't even do that.

Dont forget that Sheev had the high ground
>>
>>63825330
Ben was the best all around Jedi.
Remember, Ben+Mace+Yoda got spread out and focused. together they could have saved the corrupt old republic.
>>
>>63825556

If I hadn't seen Grievous in the 2003 Clone Wars I would think hes a pushover. However we all know differently.

https://youtu.be/X5t8A0NUCrI?t=159
>>
>>63825330
By rights, Kenobi was pretty much a full fledged Jedi Knight by the end of episode 1, Jinn alludes to this when he's explaining why he thinks he can take on Anikin. Jinn also suffered in his fight with Maul because Form IV against a much more acrobatic opponent is retarded.

As for the arena fight, everyone gets a little lucky.

The Dooku fight was a pretty good showing, though Anakin was probably the difference maker in the end.

Grievious was a little overblown in the movies. In the cartoon series, yes absolutely he is a murdering machine, but the movie his chops are nearly so defined.

Anakin was driven by blind anger and thirst in their battle, so he wasn't exactly being efficient. We see that he ultimately climaxes him once he learns to control his anger.
>>
Obi-Wan is canonically the best lightsaber duelist of them all.

He not only mastered the soresu form, he IS soresu.
>>
You guys seem to be leaving out it's Windu that completely makes Grievous weaker than he was with a simple force grab on his heart/lungs

Grievous had to run the fuck away. Windu was a fucking monster in lightsaber battles. Obi wan wasn't bad. Quite exceptional actually. Windu was just completely overpowered in it.
>>
>>63825689
the fact that genndy made grievous look awesome made it even worse when he got turned retarded for episode 3. if they had done even okay at making him seem like a threat, he would have been the prequel's equivalent of boba fett as far as fandom goes. instead, he was just a hurdle
>>
>>63825576
>>63825585
eh... I don't know. Even if he disposed of the 3 jedi quickly I still think he was at a disadvantage. Slaughtering jedi must take a lot out of you.

>>63825599
>What the fuck are you even talking about?
What the fuck do you think I'm talking about, retard? Is it that hard for you to keep up in conversations?
>>
>>63825790
It doesn't take a lot out of you if it literally took 15 seconds to kill them without any true sith powers needed
>>
>>63825581
>assuming after 10 years of bitching about Lucas being horrible that suddenly he's into subtlety
>>
>>63825790
Considering shitty droids were able to take out Jedis in AotC, not really. If you think about it, the Jedis were basically chumps. Except Yoda, Windu, Obi-Wan and Anakin, and they literally had explanations of why they were GOAT
>>
>>63825832
>repeatedly get beaten over the head with scenes showing palps to be a typical long con, all according to plan type villain
i wouldn't really call it subtle
>>
>>63825789
It almost seems like he was intentionally non-threatening. He sounds like he's ill, has a comical bad guy voice, runs away all the time, gets called a coward by the jedi, and gets easily killed by Obi Wan.

The idea of a jedi-slaughtering cyborg who collect their lightsabers as trophies is cool, and the goddamn children's cartoons manages to get that across, but the film manages to make him laughable.
>>
>>63825857
>Considering shitty droids were able to take out Jedis in AotC

that was a very chaotic and confusing combat situation, where the jedis where heavily outnumbered and at a big tactical disadvantage

this is not dragon ball z powerlevel shit, you can be the wises master of them all and a stray shot will still wreck your shit on the wrong day
>>
>>63825968
Well, except Lucas, Jackson and McDiarmid say that Palpatine lost and got saved by Anakin.
>>
>>63826031
>sheev on the ground weak as fuck basically done for
>the second anakin helps him he suddenly goes full power mode again and electroshocks the shit out of windu with massive power

bullshit
he was holding back because he knew that he could only get anakin to truly join him if he acted weak and if it seemed as though windu was breaking the jedi code

this is further proven by anakin saying "but that's against the code, we have to bring him in"

if windu had actually captured sheev or some shit then anakin wouldn't have joined him
>>
there was no way Palps could have forseen that Anakin would arrive in his office just in time to save his ass, that theory is just BS, Windu kicked his butt
>>
>>63826031
lucas constantly seems to change his mind about what the actual storyline is, think who shot first
>>63826110
if that were the case, he'd be a fucking pathetic villain. plus, he says "everything is happening as i have foreseen" like 30 times per movie. he definitely could have known anakin would come
>>
>>63826110
The real BS is Anakin even arriving there in time

>windu and his crew go to sheev
>hours pass
>anakin is thinking hard, emotions overcome him
>it's evening by now
>he decided to go to sheev
>somehow arrives just in time

the fight should have been over like 2 hours before
>>
>>63826156
>he definitely could have known
how?

>anakin would come
just in time?
>>
>>63825330
>330â–¶>>63825365 >>63825385 >>63825519 >>63825682 >>63825699
>>wrecks a Sith as Padawan

I have always seen Obi-Wan as the lucky Jedi yes he is will skilled but he never really excels in any area beyond luck.

Some people say Mace Windu is the best lightsaber user and Yoda was the best with the force. So I always saw Obi-Wan as a good all rounder who just somehow never fucked up.
>>
kenobi got BTFO against doku in III.
>>
>>63826222
well skilled my bad.
>>
>>63826222
Obi-Wan excels at morals. He is the perfect jedi all around, he lives the code.

He's also the best soresu duelist in history.

Windu used a much different lightsaber form, one that banks on your emotions which is unusual for jedi
>>
>>63826212
it's clairvoyance by way of force-magic, what the fuck do you expect me to say?
>>
>>63826275
magic did it, okay
>>
>>63826297
welcome to star wars, genius
>>
>>63826017
This is what a lot of people ignore. They think of the Jedi as Gods when they are far from it.
>>
>>63826091
He fucked himself up by trying to force electrocute Windu only to have it returned back to him

He was definitely losing until Anakin came to be the little retarded shit he is
>>
>>63826110
Remember how Viceroy wanted Padme killed because she humiliated him ten years earlier at the invasion Sheev instigated? So Dooku sent Fett to send Zam to send the robot to send the worms to fail at killing Padme and be discovered so Obi-Wan could track the droid back to Zam and Jango killed her with a kamino dart instead of blowing them all up, so Obi-Wan took the dart to Dexter Jettster so he could discoer Kamino and the clone army just in time for his capture after following fett to genesis so anakin could go there t rescue him so the clones could go there and rescue him, thus leading both to the discovery of the clones and the breakout of war?

All part of Sheev's keikaku
>>
Mace Windu developed and mastered a new form Vaapad

Obi Wan was the greatest master of Soresu who ever lived

Id bet my money on Obi
>>
>>63825789
Every villain except for Sheev was a complete waste of time and under-used in PT. Maul, Dooku and Grevious could've been so much better.
>>
File: 1450443007333.jpg (6 KB, 117x116) Image search: [Google]
1450443007333.jpg
6 KB, 117x116
>>63826337
>>
>>63826304
>the force can tell you at what time exactly some fella will wander into your office

thus Jedi have no need for persona organizers
>>
>>63826384
The force can do many things when both people are sensitive to it and full of emotion/in distress etc.

Think of Leia sensing where exactly Luke is on Bespin
>>
>>63826228
how did this even happen when he literally fought the most powerful jedi ever to have lived a week later and won
>>
>>63826422
you are still fanwanking
>>
>>63826384
>the incredibly powerful and learned sith master can do it, therefore every jedi can do it
you're just being difficult now. we saw anakin had visions, why is it hard to believe that palpatine did too
>>
>>63826442
Even Jordan lost some games.

>>63826422
And yet she needs a map in TFA.
>>
>>63826442
having a bad day, getting unlucky. it happens to the best of us
>>
>>63826466
That's because in TFA Luke is not full of emotions/in pain. He's just chilling on an island thinking. On Bespin he was about to die.

You yet have much to learn
>>
>>63826462
not him but it's a fairly just explanation. Leia can sense Luke being distressed, Yoda felt when the Clones turned on the Jedi, Obi-Wan felt when Alderaan was destroyed... if the force shifts they can all feel it and Anakin knew Sheev was going to be attacked and felt the force begin to shift.
>>
>>63826466
>>63826501
also she clearly sensed han dying despite being on a different planet
>>
>>63826501
>You yet have much to learn

Yet, he and Vader have a chitchat in ROTJ through the Force at a moment they're not in any distress. Maybe, somebody should've tried that.
>>
Rey would beat Obi-Wan in a fight. If you disagree with me you are a sexist :^)
>>
>>63826708
Would Rey beat Ventress though
>>
Obi Wan is the Kakashi of the Star Wars universe
>>
>>63826652
you're comparing the abilities of two of the most powerful force users in the galaxy to a woman with literally zero training who barely even knows what the force is
>>
>>63826566
I don't know if it's Abrams just being too much of a TV diretor, but the galaxy really felt small in this thing. Every planet was like a neighboring house.
starkiller was suppose to be huge, yet Han and Fin just bump into Rey and Phasma and Kylo. And they all watch those planets being destroyed and Finn recognizes which planets got destroyed just by standing there.
>>
File: 1367696868145.jpg (16 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
1367696868145.jpg
16 KB, 400x250
>>63826708
>mfw the sjws at disney will actually make it so Rey ends up as the canonically most powerful jedi and force user of all time

Just burn it all down
>>
>>63826734
>look up who this Ventress person is
>It's from the stupid cartoon baka
Are you like a kid or something? Go back to Star Trek lol.
>>
>>63826755
>30 years later

You'd think she'd pick up on a few things.
>>
>>63825330

Still couldn't peeve the sheev
>>
>>63826808
I have to agree with this. Them being able to see the Hosian system as it got BTFO, cutting out any significant travel time when in hyperspace, etc. It made the galaxy seem really compact.

Then again, there is that scene in ESB where they're literally sitting outside of the galaxy and looking at it, IIRC.
>>
>>63826843
Your shitposting game is weak famiglia, step it up
>>
>>63825330
Pretty much, yeah. I don't know the specifics but apparently he was THE master of a certain defensive form of lightsaber technique.
>>
>>63826256

I'm not saying he is terrible at dueling but I've always felt that there was something about him that kept him surviving all these situations where most men would have died. But I do see him as a pretty much perfect Jedi he never deals with all that dark side temptation bullshit.
>>
File: Empireendshot.jpg (1 MB, 1440x816) Image search: [Google]
Empireendshot.jpg
1 MB, 1440x816
>>63826867
Just googled it, yeah that's pretty >Lucas
>>
>>63826110
Sheev started a massive war in which he was commanding both sides.

His plans tend to be overcomplicated.
>>
>>63825828

>implying the sheev spin wasn't power draining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030
>>
>>63826808
yeah i agree on this point. at first i thought fin was force sensitive because he reacted to the starkiller shot, it didn't occur to me that he would actually be able to see it in the sky
>>
>>63826861
busy raising a family i guess, plus apparently luke was too busy founding a new order
>>
>>63826442
High ground nigga
>>
>>63826091
Chill. Lucas is an American and so, he has a black man fetish like all Americans. So the black guy is the strongest at fighting. All US media runs on this trope, all the internet does.

It's a sexual fetish, so I couldn't imagine an US-based director letting a black man get beaten by a white man - in this case, an old white man.
>>
>>63827073
>both failed spectacularly

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63826830
pls no, i like jedi jesus luke
>>
>>63827124
>I couldn't imagine an US-based director letting a black man get beaten by a white man

ren and finn?
>>
>>63827193
You'd think these niggas would learn?

Centuries ago? Jedi Order falls to the Sith Empre. Shit with the old republic falling apart. Rinse and fucking repeat during the Clone Wars and then AGAIN after the OT. Fuck. Someone get these guys some history books instead of lameass holocrons.
>>
>>63825789

Did you really expect him to be a cool guy anymore so than you'd suppose someone called 'admiral skeleton' would be an interesting and cool character
>>
>>63827301
And every time they're like
>Sith? They've been extinct for centuries
NIGGA YOU KEEP SAYING THAT AND YOU KEEP GETTING YOUR ASSES KICKED
>>
>>63825330
>Anakin, the second strongest user of the force after Rey

FTFY m80
>>
>>63827313
>the most recognizable bad guy in the entire series is called dark father
i don't put a lot of weight into names, they're either edgefests or some random mumbo jumbo
>>
>>63827301
To be fair there's 4000 years between the mandalorian wars and the clone wars

That's the difference between now and the egyptian empires when they built the pyramids
>>
>>63825585
he had to waste mana and cds to kill the three scrubs tho
>>
>>63827521
It takes him 7s to kill 3 master jedi withiout using any power or complicated moves beyond the spin

The first kill is particularly laughable

https://youtu.be/Pcf1gyIYjk8?t=20
>>
>>63827589
This video is actually proof that Windu was a ruthless jedi with a hate for those below him. He brought along three worthless jedi who were completely terrible just to get rid of them. Two of them actually tried the "don't attempt to block a deadly weapon" and "attack him at once" manuever. Its too bad you can't see Windu in the background with a face that conveys "good retards, die fast so I can beat this sith lord by myself, fuck you guys are terrible."
>>
>>63827509
But their tech is still as advanced and you'd think somebody would be keeping records of this. Fuck, the book keepers are useless in Star Wars.

They still use the same tech, it'd be like if we used the same HDDs and shit in 4000 years time, some future fuck should be able to plug in my HDD and watch Chinese cartoons in all their glory.
>>
>>63827274
>man
Women are different, ofc.
>>
>>63827764
They actually went backward

in KotOR everyone has a personal shield generator, in the movies good luck finding a single person that can tank a blaster hit and still live
>>
>>63827764
>check out this pleb from 4000 years ago
>he used avi
>>
>>63825330
Obi-number-Wan Kenobi
>>
>>63825790
>eh... I don't know. Even if he disposed of the 3 jedi quickly I still think he was at a disadvantage. Slaughtering jedi must take a lot out of you.
I'm so sick of sheevposters. You'll go to any lengths to say that Pulpy is the best dueler.
>>
File: muhammad ali.jpg (4 MB, 2932x3669) Image search: [Google]
muhammad ali.jpg
4 MB, 2932x3669
>>63827124
>Lucas is an American and so, he has a black man fetish like all Americans. So the black guy is the strongest at fighting.
Damn right
>>
>>63827726
He brought a posse, because he hoped that Pulpy would submit to arrest. Windu didn't know he was armed and prepared.
>>
>>63827726
>three worthless jedi
>Plo Koon
>Kit Fisto
>that guy whose name I don't remember

Fuck you m8
>>
>>63828161
Would get annihilated by a myriad of modern fighters with 3-4 months of MMA training under their belt.

I bet you also think Bruce Lee was a great fighter.
>>
>>63825609
Why didn't he just try spinning again?
>>
>>63827509
Yeah but the only problem with that is most people have learned not to do things that have fucked over people in the past even if it was a long time ago
>don't march an army across the Alps in winter
>don't invade Russia EVER unless you like losing
>>
>>63825330
a glib facsimile
>>
File: 1450132442876.png (959 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1450132442876.png
959 KB, 720x1280
luke was the main character of the prequels

prove me wrong
>>
>>63828589
History is cyclical and people are stupid

after a century without wars or any major thread to the republic you'd have leftists in the senate calling from the reduction of the standing republic army until it was eventually disbanded

It's pretty much what happened to China
>>
>>63828589
Finland shat on Russian during winter. So did Sweden. Stop being a memer.
>>
>>63828704
>after a century without wars or any major thread to the republic you'd have leftists in the senate calling from the reduction of the standing republic army until it was eventually disbanded
GUNGANS ARE PEOPLE TOO
>>
File: getin.001.gif (999 B, 62x25) Image search: [Google]
getin.001.gif
999 B, 62x25
>>63828589
>>don't invade Russia EVER unless you like losing

Superior nippon invaded Russia and kicked their butts if I remember correctly.
>>
he only shows up at the end as a newborn so no
you are stupid
maybe you tried to say Original Trilogy but your idiocy got in the way
>>
>>63828916
They invaded the empty part of Russia
>>
>>63828916
>Nips
>doing ANYTHING right in war
>>
>>63828916
They didn't really invade Russia
>>
File: ANAKINCOOLPICYEAH.jpg (230 KB, 2000x947) Image search: [Google]
ANAKINCOOLPICYEAH.jpg
230 KB, 2000x947
>>63825330
Yes, Obi-Wan and Windu are the best jedis of all time honestly.

Yoda didn't do shit, and he was ignorant and not wise. All hype and no product
>>
>>63828318
>comparing boxing to MMA

Get the fuck out
>>
>>63828312
They died at 7 seconds and windu didn't lift a finger to defend them
Gotta root out the weak man
>>
>>63829068
If only Anakin had listened to Obi Wan they would've won right then and there.

I know he was supposed to be a edgy kid, but even a glory-hungry fascist hothead who wants to be the tom brady of jedis would listen to his fucking mentor who had actually beaten a sith before on his own, as padawan.

I seriously doubt most of the jedi council even, had ever fought a sith.
>>
>>63826808
That's because he knew which planets they were planning to destroy with the starkiller, they literally said they were the base planets of the new republic and the new republic fleet.
>>
>>63829251
>I seriously doubt most of the jedi council even, had ever fought a sith.

how do these guys train anyway, only against each other? and how serious can you take that training when you know that you will most likely never end up fighting against another lightsword user anyway?
>>
>Edgy schoolshooter Elliot Rodger kids can't accept that Windu beat Palpatine

I'm literally /pol/, but Windu beat Sheev. If Anakin hadn't been so gullible and easily influenced it would've ended right then and there. He saved Sheev from death.
>>
>>63827847

Don't forget everyone and their mother having some kind of lightsaber resistant melee weapon. Cortosis was EVERYWHERE.
>>
>>63829091
>Comparing fighting disciplines is Ludacris when a guy claims Muhammad fucking Ali out of all people is the greatest fighter ever
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>63829295
Oh, Hux sent a memo to the guy cleaning the toilets on what their plan is.

>I just spoke to Supreme Leader Snoke, my dear FN-2137. Hosian System is as good as gone. I hope you don't own any real-estate there. Oh, who am I kidding you are a brainwashed child soldier. You don't own shit. Don't forget to resupply the toilet paper in the ladies room in the south hemisphere. Somebody needs to introduce Phasma to some fibers.
>Yours, Hux
>>
>>63829362
Read the rest of the thread you fucking idiot.

Even weak force users like Leia sensed a lot of shit, knew exactly where to find Luke and sensed when Han died.

A force user like Palpatine, which can easily be compared to Yoda, would've seen this coming miles away. It was his plan.

Fucking deal with it you absolute cuck.
>>
>>63826442
did you even watch the fight
he was moving around to get better positioning since he was the weaker fighter

he check m8'd anakin
>>
>>63825330
Best character 4 sure.
>>
>>63829481
The problem with it is that since Palpatine was such a brilliant planner that didn't leave anything to chance had a plan that depended on the whim of Anakin's fancy. That's hardly bulletproof. The plan depended on something out of his control.What if Anakin listened to Windu and stayed put? Palpatine would've melted his face for nothing. That would be some shitty preptime.
Palpatine's plan was in danger at the time, which I kind of like. 's like the good guys were so close to victory, but then things went south. And Palpatine probably didn't expect for Anakin to at first refuse his offer and go snitch him to Windu. In his place I'd be packing my bags and getting ready to get the fuck out of Dodge and thanking the Force Anakin didn't slice me up the second he figured out I'm a Sith.
>>
>>63829481
>would've seen this coming miles away

a planet blowing up or sensing the emotions of a loved one is absolutely not the same thing as looking into the future and seeing a very specific thing happening at a very specific time. it is ridiculous to assume that Sheev know exactly what was going to happen and when, who would come, how long the duel would take, that he would have to draw it out for exactly that long while staying alive and that anakin would happen to show up in exatly the right moment when windu had him against the wall.

its complete and utter bullshit.

or terrible writing
>>
>>63829481
Take down your sith posters from your wall and delete that linkin park album kid.

Yoda was Palpatine equivalent in every way, all he had were feels. He didn't forsee shit, only immediate danger for him and the people he cared about.

You think he wouldn't have told his jedi bros about Order 66, or figured out Palpatine was sith otherwise?

Sheev gambled and won. He had faith that Anakin would save him, but he couldn't know.
>>
File: princess-leia.png (4 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
princess-leia.png
4 MB, 1600x1200
Why didn't she become a Jedi, or at least try
>>
>>63829362
>anakin and obi-wan sense the assassination attempt on padme
>yoda senses all the jedi getting killed
>a bunch of ghosts talking to luke
Even if sidious didnt know that anakin would show up, he could probably still sense anakin running up to meet mace windu and sidiuos. Its not too out of possibility relative to the other things that force users did in the movies.
>>
>>63825446
It's commonly known that Obi Wan is like a top 5 Jedi.
>>
>>63829744
What actually makes you think he left anything to chance?

He literally knew Anakin would come. He knew he wouldn't listen to Dindu. Jesus Christ, Anakin's dreams revealed to be true even to the smallest detail. And he had no idea, no plan, nothing. Sheev planned every fucking thing, take Windu's dick out of your mouth and realize this was his plan all along.

>>63829769
>Complete and utter bullshit
>Two films in a row we see a guy who doesn't come anywhere near Sheev in power predict something that happened literally how he dreamt it
>Yet Sheev making this kind of plan is bullshit

It's almost like this is an entire universe of bullshit and magic. That's the way things are. Deal with it, nerd.

>>63830096
>Literally CITATION NEEDED, the post
Read above. And take Windu's dick out of your mouth you fucking cuck.

Everything was planned to the smallest fucking detail.
>>
>>63830811
It's not about Dindu. It's about Palpatine being some unstoppable all-knowing force that can see and do everything. Is it so inconceivable that he got lucky that one time?
If he was so fucking great and omnipotent why even go through this convoluted 3 decades in the making plan involving several factions going to war? Why not just steamroll over the Jedi temple on his own? Why does he even need Anakin? Just kill him as well and move on.
>>
>>63830811
>>Two films in a row we see a guy who doesn't come anywhere near Sheev in power predict something that happened literally how he dreamt it

Anakin dreaming of his mom? He is not predicting anything, he is sensing

Anaking foreseeing Padme dying is again something connected to a loved one very close to him. you can also argue that someone dying is a less specific thing than someone arriving somewhere at a specific time in a specific context. also, how is Anakin not as powerful as Sheev
>>
>>63825330
Anakin was not the strongest force user in existence, he had the POTENTIAL to be. Had Anakin trained and studied from a small babe then by 17 he would have been a Jedi Master and the strongest force user. he was a boy who missed his mom so he was never really with the Jedi at all.
>>
>>63830918
It's not that it's not conceivable that he got lucky one time, it's your insistence that it was THIS time.

A child could deduce this was planned. I watched ROTS when I was 13 for the first time and I caught onto this pretty easily.

Especially when you consider this guy planned every event from TPM until ROTJ, except the very end.

Christ, he's one of the most powerful force users ever who manipulated everything in the backstage for decades to an end.

>Why not just steamroll over the Jedi temple on his own
What would be the purpose of that? He wanted to attained political power in a legit manner, he was applauded when he took control. He wanted to besmirch the image of the Jedi and he succeeded, killing them all on a fit would serve him no purpose.

>>63831215
>It's not predicting, it's sensing
>It's just a coincidence both deaths happened exactly how he predicted them
>>
this one fucking autistic sheevposter derailing the whole thread

well it was good while it lasted
>>
>the best jedis are the ones who ignore the coucil

light side jedis are ignorant do nothing circle jerkers who'd rather talk about things while the universe is dying around them and they're supposed to be the 'good guys'

lmao
>>
>>63831853
More like the Windufags not accepting reality.
>>
>>63832144
Windu legitimately beat Sheev. Sheev however knew this was going to happen and was okay with it because he knew Anakin would have jumped in to save him. it's not like Sheev was overwhelmed and didn't see it coming. He knew Windu's powers was greater than his and was perfectly okay with it because he'd legitimately be in danger and Anakin would react because of Padme.

It was a calculated risk.
>>
>>63832485
>Still hammering what's been continuously debunked not only ITT but every thread where Windufags dare post

Aren't you a bit tired of getting BTFO, anon?
>>
>>63832530
but it wasn't debunked though. If you'd remember, the very novel for episode 3 the exposition of which was penned by Lucas and written by an Arthur of whom I can't remember, said the very same thing. So unless Lucas says differently after the fact then no, you're very wrong. Sheev lost but his precognition is second to none.
>>
>>63828627
what does that even mean? where is this from?
>>
>>63832627
>Trusting Lucas with his own shit when he has more changes of mind than underwear
Nigga please. First off, citation needed. Second, he spoke differently in the Making Off process in the DVD I still own to this day.

You're talking out of your ass because you're a literal cuckold, anon. You enjoy black penis near people you love because you're mentally deranged.
>>
>>63832779
remember the novelization of episode 3 of which George wrote and someone else wrote in novel form. this would have been 10 years ago.
>>
>>63828762
>Finland
It's Finland that got invaided tho
>Sweden
Swedes got fucked evertime they got deep into Russia
>>
>you now remember the duel between obi wan and vader in a new hope

More like worst duelist ever
>>
>>63825330
>>holds hiw ground against Dooku

He got stomped and only didn't lose a limb through plot armor.
>>
>146 replies
>55 posters

Will you nerds just kill each other already?
>>
>>63830811
>muh sheev

why didnt he sense vader turning on him?

checkm8
>>
>>63825330
According to Lucas everyone here is a 9 in dueling skills
Windu, Sheev, Yoda, Anakin, Dooku

Obi wan was a high 8 and won against Anakin due to him being an emotional wreck and in no condition to fight.
>>
>>63829068

Yoda is more of a coach than a player. Sure, he knows what's wrong with your form and how to make you a better jedi, but the dude's 900 years old. You can't expect him to hang with younger jedi and sith in their prime when it comes to a fight.
>>
>>63833561
Except the Swedes won almost every war against Russia. Dumb fuck.
>>
>>63825330
Anakin used to say Obi-Wan was as strong as Master Windu and as wise as Yoda. The fact he managed to hide Luke and Leia and defeat Vader in Mustafar proves this and makes him one of the best Jedi ever.
>>
>Opponent angry/scared increases Siths power level

What increases jedis power level?
>>
>>63825330
>wrecks a Sith as a Padawan
He just got lucky. In the CGI series every time he fought Maul he was getting his ass kicked and word of god is Obi-Wan is weaker then Maul.
>>
>>63829156
To be fair all had to do was move out the way
>>
>>63829251
>I know he was supposed to be a edgy kid, but even a glory-hungry fascist hothead who wants to be the tom brady of jedis would listen to his fucking mentor who had actually beaten a sith before on his own, as padawan.
To be fair the Jedi council are idiots telling him he's the chosen one and shit while having a dude who just became a knight raise and teach said chosen one and not one of the more wise masters like yoda.
>>
>>63830811
>What actually makes you think he left anything to chance?
His whole plan in taking over the galaxy was by chance.
>>
>>63828318

>muh MMA

Fucking pleb
>>
>>63825330
No, he was pretty shit actually. He lost two times to Dooku, and had to be rescued by Anakin carrying him on his back. Also he only by sheer luck and use of the force killed Maul, and only because Maul was overconfident. He also only defeated anakin because anakin was overconfident.
>>
>>63825330
>Is Obi-Wan the best duelist of all Jedi?

Yes, Obi-Wan is a fucking super soldier. The strongest Jedi of all time when you take out bullshit "chosen one" buffs. He is the culmination of everything the Jedi Order of the old Republic stood for.
>>
>>63826752
yup pretty much he's a chill low key bad ass. I think the reason he's so good is because he has a very defensive and intelligent attack strategy and doesn't just rush in blindly
>>
>>63826110
>Palps
>not Sheev

who are you
>>
All this talk about luck. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LUCK IN STAR WARS. Qui Gon had the highest understanding of the Force out of any of the Jedi and I quote: "There is no such thing as luck. Only the will of the Force." Phantom Menace sucked but this one line is it's canon saving grace because it puts the entire series in perspective. It also explains how certain characters like Jar Jar or kid Anakin got so "lucky" all the time.

Now, Dooku was Qui Gon's master and Yoda's apprentice so that puts Obi's 0-2 record in a little more understanding. He can't beat his master's master. Anakin beats Dooku because they both fought Juyo and Anakin had much more rage in him, which strengthens that style. Obi fought Soresu (defense) and Dooku's Juyo (offense) combined with higher understandings of saber style and the reach of his saber (look at Dooku's saber handle) just wrecks Obi's form real bad.

Oh and just so you know, Sheev fights ALL STYLES AT ONCE except Vaapad which only Windu knew. Windu beat that ass.

Rey > Windu > Sheev > Yoda > Dooku > Obi > Maul > Anakin > Qui Gon > Luke

Now can we talk about the Supreme One? Am I the only one who thinks he was coming out from the other side of the Force and that WASNT a hologram??
>>
>>63825330
Obi Wan Form 3 defense = Windu's Form 7 Aggression > Yoda's form 4 fucking shit? > Anakin crazy whatever style > everyone else.
>>
>>63826980
>>63826867
wait not... thats not the galaxy, they are not literally millions of light years away from the galaxy, they explained what it was, they are inside the galaxy!
>>
Mace Windu utilizes the Vapaad fighting style which centers on brute force and sheer overwhelming strength.

Obi-Wan Kenobi utilizes the Soresu form which focusses on adaptability, finesse, fluidity, dexterity, acrobatics and a bit of luck.

Sure, hit for hit Windu could hit harder than Kenobi, but Kenobi can read a room and capitalize on opportunities in the environment better.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.