[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain Phasma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6
File: oTxs0ESwp-1l.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (51 KB, 861x535) Image search: [Google]
oTxs0ESwp-1l.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
51 KB, 861x535
Captain Phasma
>>
sjw
>>
A bitch nigga
>>
Literally trash
>>
>>63822257
Bossy, but a coward. Cared more about appearances and her own well-being that the cause and mission she was given.
>>
>>63822257
Every new character in TFA fails this test tbfhyw (to be fully honest with you senpai).

Why do you think they gave Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford top billing?
>>
>>63822257
A tall beautiful woman stormtrooper in a chrome outfit who was sentenced to 1,000 years of pain in a garbage chute.
>>
>>63822257
A complete fuck up.

Like all the other villains.
>>
>>63822346
>Every new character in TFA fails this test tbfhyw (to be fully honest with you senpai).
It's just your autism m8.
>>
>>63822587
Kek, people can't do it in this thread. Do it for Poe, if you're so good?
>>
>>63822346
>Every new character in TFA fails this test
That's just bullshit. Especially when it comes to Finn and Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63822257
A silver stormtrooper

nothing more.
>>
>>63822257
JJ's attempt to clone Boba Fett gone horribly wrong.
>>
>>63822858
Then prove it.
>>
>>63822257

Pathetic.
>>
Do it for Obiwan in the OT. Or Yoda, or Alahu Ackbar or Boba Fett.
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-Face-05.jpg (247 KB, 2048x1544) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-Face-05.jpg
247 KB, 2048x1544
>>63822872
>clone a clone
>>
File: bb8.jpg (6 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
bb8.jpg
6 KB, 226x223
A Big Girl
>>
>>63822257

>stern, authoritative

She only spoke in two scenes, she wasn't a main character, that's not really the point of the plinkett test

>>63822845
I'll do you one better and do it for all 4 main characters

>finn
starts off scared and without any confidence but over the course of the movie becomes more confident and wisecracking, endearing, caring

>Rey
smart, lonely, strong, wants to prove herself and do something more with her life

>Poe
confident, experienced, friendly, charming

>Kylo
Emotionally unstable, vulnerable, jealous, wants to prove himself, bad tempered, daddy issues
>>
>>63822875
Finn is a quipping comic relief character who's in over his head. Kylo Ren is an insecure bad guy who's prone to emotional outbursts and needs to lord his power over other people in order to make up for his self-doubt.
>>
>>63822845
Bordering on being cocky, very aware of himself, friendly, open, quick thinker.
>>
>>63822257

parallels to finn, purpose is to compare how finn's character progresses over the course of the movie
at the start of the movie she orders him around, at the end he orders her around. it's like poetry, they rhyme
>>
pointless, redundant

>>63822875
>Finn
A bla- shit

An initially repentant but then almost inexplicably aggressive, not to mention inappropriately undisciplined, hesitant and really quite cowardly reluctant hero who gains more conviction later

>Rey
D A D D Y I S S U E S and midichlorians
>>
>>63822966
Jar Jar is a quipping comic relief character who's in over his head. Darth Vader is an insecure bad guy who's prone to emotional outbursts and needs to lord his power over other people in order to make up for his self-doubt.
>>
>>63823057

Darth Vader was not insecure nor did he have emotional outbursts
Jar Jar didn't quip
>>
>>63823057
>Darth Vader is an insecure bad guy who's prone to emotional outbursts and needs to lord his power over other people in order to make up for his self-doubt.
Except that he isn't. He's very assured and domineering. He doesn't come across as a hormonal teen.
>>
>>63823110
>>63823132
>Tries to murder people who disagree with his life choices
>Bossed around by a shriveled prune
>Insecure as fuck

Pick 3
>>
Female antagonist
>>
>>63823039
> inexplicably aggressive, not to mention inappropriately undisciplined

That's about standard behavior for anyone suddenly released from a highly regimented life.
>>
>>63823201
>Tries to murder people who disagree with his life choices
It wasn't an emotional outburst though, it was a calm and collected show of power

>Bossed around by a shriveled prune
That's literally not related to what we're quoting

>Insecure as fuck
Go watch the movies again, the first sign of insecurity is when sheev is lightning bolting his son in VI
>>
>>63822257
A tall lady who is stern with her troops and very good at flying about.
>>
>>63823314

>without saying what they look like
>without saying what their role in the movie was
she never even flew anything, I don't know what you mean by that
>>
>>63823276
Really? Even when it's been from childhood?

>>63823284
No, that was very definitely a temper tantrum. He gained nothing by showing off his laser knife to that officer.
>>
>>63822845
Caring, brave, skilled, overly confident at times
>>
>>63823353
Especially when its from childhood.

A person suddenly realizing they can do whatever they want (and in finn's case "whatever he wants" is blowing empire shit the fuck up) causes them to be very volatile and unpredictable.

I was so prepared to hate that character, but the character is so solid it defied hate completely.
>>
>>63823353
You're talking about kylo, hes talking about vader. Vader never ignited his saber unless he was about to use it. Kylo threw tantrums regularly, but that was the character.
>>
Completely useless character that does nothing except constantly reminding you she's that woman from GOT.
>>
>>63823284
>It wasn't an emotional outburst though, it was a calm and collected show of power

You only think that because you can't see his face. Besides, there were other angry outbursts. "COMMANDER TEAR THIS SHIP APPART AND BRING ME THE PASSENGERS, I WANT HEM ALIVE!" FROM ANH "Prepare my Shuttle!" from the original ESB and of course "NOOOOOOOO" from ROTS, which is cannon Darth Vader.

>Go watch the movies again, the first sign of insecurity is when sheev is lightning bolting his son in VI

no u
>>
>>63823426
Oops, sorry.
>>
>>63823440
Shes completely unrecognizable unless you know beforehand who she is.
>>
>>63823454
>no u

I literally watched all 3 a week ago
>>
File: 1407662892439.png (176 KB, 872x1000) Image search: [Google]
1407662892439.png
176 KB, 872x1000
>>63823468
Then why are you saying things you know are not true?
>>
>>63823454
Nothing george lucas did after '83 is canon.

its finally over.
>>
Strict authoritarian, a by the books leader who is the epitome of following the manual. Dedicated to the cause (First Order) but still human (as opposed to robot) in her fears.
>>
>>63823495
>Implying this isn't a nightmare you'll never wake up from.

>>63823500
Honestly projecting a bit there. There was nothing to show her being especially dedicated, and she didn't seem especially afraid of dying which made her lowering the shields a bit strange. Still my favourite small character though.
>>
>>63823493

Why are you not actually refuting my point with evidence instead of shitposting anime if I'm wrong?
>>
>>63822257
She's an incompetent military higher-up...shit, can't use her profession. Uh, she's an incompetent female who's most interesting feature is her unique armo-SHIT, that's costume. She's an incompetent female who is only intimidating to those beneath her.

I guess that's what I would go with. Her costume is the only noteworthy thing about her, but it's Star Wars. That's enough sometimes.
>>
>>63822346
>Every new character in TFA fails this test tbfhyw
No it doesn't

Rey - hung up on her past and delusional in hope of her family's return, fearful of change, caring, sometimes selfless, agile,

Kylo - insecure, conflicted, desperate in trying to hide his weakness, overly emotional and prone to outbursts

Fuck off with your autism
>>
>>63823548
To be fair she had like 1:30 of screen time. I say she was afraid of dying otherwise she would have said "suck my cock, I'm not lowering the shield."
>>
>>63823548
>>Implying this isn't a nightmare you'll never wake up from.

The nightmare I had been living since the prequels... since the special editions has finally ended. I'm perfectly fine with disney making 20-30 star wars films if they're on par with TFA. Which was on par with RotJ.
>>
>>63822346
That's not true though. Phasma 100% falls under it. What a pointless character.
>>
>>63823705
That test was designed to show that prequel main characters were weak in comparison to the OT characters. Not to nitpick on some side characters with less than 2 minutes of screen time
>>
>>63823667
I took phasma's willingness to betray the first order and finn's defection as a failing of ginger-faggot's child-soldier program.
>>
>>63822257
A female with very much influence and power. A capable fighter with an atuhoritarian aura over her. She's the kind of person who would excecute any order she's given without hesitation, she acts like she has integrity, and an unbreakable spirit of will, but in the movie she shows her true colors. She's cowardice and wouldn't sacrifice her own life for her friends, beliefs or her cause.
>>
>>63823763
It doesn't even work with phasma though. She had 2 minutes of screen time, but her few lines still gave an indication of an actual character, rather than simply a cutout.
>>
>>63822949

This.
>>
>>63823611
>Give multiple examples of Vader's emotional outbursts, refuting your points.
>HURR why aren't you refuting my points.

Other examples of Vader's emotions getting the best of him is when he orders the fleet into the asteroid field looking for the Millennium Falcon, destroying Star Destroyers in the process. When he kills that guy for not destroying the Falcon with the snide "apology accepted...". Him yelling "WHAT!?!" when he gets shot at in A New Hope. Killing that Admiral for coming out of Lightspeed too close to Hoth. And of course, so many of the things that happen in the second half of Revenge, like choking his wife and screaming "I HATE YOU!".
>>
>>63822257
An irrelevant background character.

Did you think she would have a big role in the film, OP?
>>
>>63822346
Big names virtually always get top billing, regardless of their role. It's part of the contract negotiations.
>>
>>63823705

She wasn't pointless, her purpose was to compare to finn - at the start of the movie finn lacks any confidence and gets ordered around by phasma. At the end of the movie, she is the one getting ordered around by a confident Finn

She appeared as much as she needed to to fulfil her purpose in the movie. She's appearing in the next film and will likely fulfil a different role with a more personal vendetta against the traitor finn

I think finn is actually a pretty interesting character to keep around since he's got a personal attachment to the first order and as a result the first order have a more personal vendetta against him
>>
>>63823832
The point of vader is nothing he ever did felt like an emotional outburst. It always seemed calm and collected. Maybe it was just because of the mask and hard rubber/plastic suit he was wearing, but he never destroyed equipment or lashed out randomly, if someone failed, fucked up, or made the mistake of mocking him, that person died.

also the prequels are no longer canon, thank god.
>>
>>63823832
Anakin in the prequels and Vader in the OT are completely different characters, you can't really treat them as the same thing
>>
>>63823919
>also the prequels are no longer canon, thank god.

TFA references clone troopers and the next movie is set between 3 and 4
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 600x449
>>63822257
A red herring with possible Boba Fett fancult.
She was just a diversion of what the plot may be. Why hire some known actress from GoT series if she isnt important? A red herring.
>>
>>63823983

She's in the next movie and will likely be more important, but she wasn't necessary in this one besides being a reference point to show how finn developed >>63823901 so she wasn't used as anything more than that and a unique design to sell toys
>>
>>63823919
Calm and collected people don't murder subordinates for fucking up. Also do you not remember that Yoda says “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”. It was always implied that the Dark Side is the more emotional of the two.

Also where is this new meme of the prequels not being cannon anymore coming from?
>>
>>63823977
Clone troopers were referenced in ANH too.
>>
>>63822257
A glob facsimile.

Am I doing it right?
>>
>>63824063
Nah, it only mentioned the "Clone Wars". I always assumed that the Jedi fought the clones.
>>
>>63823977
The prequels are still canon, but jj was afraid to even aknowlegment them because he, like everyone else, buys into the meme opinion that the preqs were entirely shit
>>
>>63823110
>nor did he have emotional outbursts
"COMMANDER TEAR THIS SHIP APART UNTIL YOU'VE FOUND THOSE PLANS"
>>
>>63824031
Because the only specific reference in TFA to something referenced nowhere but the prequels was a flag buried in a sea of flags outside a bar.

Apart from that one easter egg, there was nothing from anything lucas did after '83 in TFA.
>>
>>63824083
> I always assumed that the Jedi fought the clones.

and how does that not imply the clones were troops of the empire? Not to mention the line about "being short for a storm trooper," implying luke stuck out because they were all the same height or even a jab because non-clones were inferior to clones.
>>
>>63823919
Wut?
They are full canon.

>>63823942
Thats part of the corruption of anakin. Or his machinparts.
But yes, his outburst should be only come with family, he cares. He should be shown as someone that calculates more and more references his technic affines. Than the sudden imperator killerspree would be reasonable.
>>
>>63824115
The prequels were entirely shit. They are indefensible.

You can let go. You don't have to accept the prequels anymore.
>>
>>63823833
Yeah, this. She's a slightly higher ranking stormtrooper, not meant to be anything more than a background character. Within the movie itself, her lack of screentime is not a problem because she's not an important character.

Film marketing is always misleading, I never go in with too many expectations.
>>
>>63822966
Top 3 Finn quips:
>Droid, please.
>HELL NAW!
>*thumbs up*
B R A V O
>>
>>63824118
Yeah, but there were no mentions of anything from Jedi either, so is that no canon either? They only say "The Death Star", implying singular. They don't mention Sheev or how the Empire was defeated, nor do they actually say that Luke and Leia are brother and sister. It also seems to ignore Vader's redemption and turn to the light side, and his reaperring. Is there any reason why Anakin couldn't appear in front of Ren and say "Don't become a Sith". The only link to Jedi is Vader's ruined mask, but that could have been caused by anything.
>>
>>63824225

don't forget
>(enthusiastically) yeah we do
when asked if they have a trash compactor
>>
>>63824170
>and how does that not imply the clones were troops of the empire?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: ...before the Empire...

That part family.
>>
>>63822346
Finn - trying to run away from his past, opportunist, in over his head, shortsighted, thinks other people need his protection
Rey - desperately clinging on to a hope of a normal life, struggles with other people thinking she needs protection (this is one of the most interesting dynamics between Finn and Rey), merciful, ambitious
Kylo Ren - Identity marked by a conflict we don't know yet, something to do with his loyalty to family/what snoke has to offer him, entitled, confused, angry at himself and what he's become, lack of control, desperately tries to live up to a mythological idea of Vader and so emulates him superficially, but fails to capture the true essence which made Vader what he is, and as a result removes his mask so willingly and humanizes him.

And Poe is pretty much military pilot Han Solo at this point, but that's okay because he hasn't gotten as much screentime yet.
>>
>>63824020
Hope she gets more screen light. And importantly more impact.
But i get the feeling, that she wont get any more than Lando in rotj.
>>
>>63824250
>there were no mentions of anything from Jedi either

Nope. Background shows that kylo knows vader turned to the light, and that's what hes afraid of.
>>
>>63824293
>jedi fought the clones, in the clone wars.
>jedi arent' around anymore
>instead a ton of identical troops are around

Nigga you dumb
>>
>>63824351
No, it just seems that he knew that he failed. The only mentions of Vader are when he's talking to the helmet and is asking for strength to not turn good, which implies that he thinks Vader never turned good, and when Leia says that there's too much of Vader in Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63824376

Stormtroopers in the OT aren't clones

If they were, george would have redubbed them like he did boba fett
>>
>>63824389
its specifically stated in the canon guidebook thing that kylo knows vader turned to the light.
>>
>>63824170
Because Leia is a size queen.
No, really, it might be reffered to being too young since he doesnt act as a veteran stormtrooper. Or there is a height needed to be hired.
But you are right, it never denies that stormtroopes are clones.
>>
>>63824408

do you have the quote? Does it say anything about how he disregards that fact?
>>
>>63824393
>Stormtroopers in the OT aren't clones
A lot are. Hence the line about luke being short for a storm trooper.
>>
>>63824376
>Identical troops
>With different heights and voices

Or have you only watched the Blu-Rays? No proof the clones became storm troopers until 2002.
>>
>>63824421
There's a screenshot of it in one of the hundred or so star wars threads floating around, someone has it.
>>
>>63822257
Boba Fett
>>
>>63824427

For all we know that just means they had size requirements to become a stormtrooper
I sincerely doubt lucas had it in his head that stormtroopers were clones when he made the first movie
>>
>>63824427
It isn't like armies have height requirements for recruits or anything.
>>
>>63824428
>short for a stormtrooper

Line has no sense or logic unless uniform height was a common trend of stormtroopers.
>>
>>63822257
Rogue-ish, if you will
>>
>>63822257
a glib edgelord

what do i win?
>>
>>63824520
You can clearly see storm troopers standing next to each which have different heights. It would also make sense if you needed to be a certain height to be a storm trooper, or if Leia was just being bitchy to her captors that just genocided her planet.

You autists have got to stop grasping for straws.
>>
All they needed to do to make Phasma a great character was have her being the Oberfuhrer to the platoon which did the massacre. Have her headshot some Rebel scum, direct with brute force, be badass.

But the reason they didn't do that is because Phasma is a woman, and Abrams is at pains to paint women as morally upstanding and always good. If Phasma had just been ruthless and efficient, like Vader's entrance at the start of IV, then she would have been redeemed.
>>
>>63824575
Grasping at straws, at this point, are the people attempting to claim the prequels are still canon.

The line is dripping with subtext. The subtext behind the clone wars is the jedi lost, and the empire formed, and the clones became the storm troopers.

But this is moot anyway, only the OT is canon. Not even special editions are canon anymore. But disney is still going to pull what quality they can from the prequels and EU for the new star wars ... cinematic universe.
>>
>>63824634
>I want them alive

So ruthless
>>
>>63824520
>Line has no sense or logic unless uniform height was a common trend of stormtroopers.
Leia was just trying to insult the stormtrooper and the worse she could think of was calling him a manlet.
>>
File: 1407663184546.gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1407663184546.gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>63824652
>>
HEAVY BREATHING

i haven't seen the movie
>>
>>63822257
Sequel trilogy's Fett.
>>
>>63824818
Denial is not healthy.
>>
>>63825421
Better stop denying that the shitty prequels are cannon then ;^)
>>
>>63822949
Also add a strong sense of belonging to Rey. She wanted to return to Jakku because she held on to the past in hoping that her parents would come back for her, despite knowing that it would never happen.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.