[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really believed that this was something more than just smug
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: the-lobster.jpg (4 MB, 3866x5477) Image search: [Google]
the-lobster.jpg
4 MB, 3866x5477
I really believed that this was something more than just smug allegorical masturbation right up until the last scene.

I guess I was being overly optimistic
>>
Just watched it. Really think it fell apart in the second half. Quickly lost interest.
>>
is the available rip a censored version of the movie? I remember a few scenes I have seen in the theater only
>>
>>63820853
>>63820875
Basically just a not-so-subtle commentary on our societal/genetic pressure to find a mate is all I got from it.

Movie looked great but the story definitely peaked at that insane woman in the hotel. Everything after turned to a "love that can't happen" story. You can probably argue about how "deep" that is, to have a complete polar switch in story (find true love to you cannot have your true love) but I think it just made for a weird movie with poor consistency.

>>63820958
I watched the rip. What else did you see in theaters?
>>
>>63821035
A couple of external shots from the hotel and a sex scene with Farell and his mean wife.
>>
>>63820875
I was almost going to object to this and say that considering that the theme was consistent throughout that it's unfair to divide up the acts and judge them separately but then I realized that you're completely right. The balance of ambiguity/world building in the hotel scenes is pitch perfect, but then the switch in intent after becomes so on the nose it makes the previous scenes as well crafted as they are pointless

>>63821035
this is a pretty perfect shorthand version of what's wrong with it
>>
REMINDER THAT THE WEB-DL IS CENSORED. DON'T WATCH OR DOWNLOAD IT. WAIT FOR THE BLU-RAY AND WARN OTHER PEOPLE. CENSORED IS UNACCEPTABLE.
>>
>>63821185
Thanks for confirming what I thought. I also remember farell being ass"handled" by the maid in his room.
>>
File: The Lobster.png (304 KB, 451x402) Image search: [Google]
The Lobster.png
304 KB, 451x402
>>63820853
its a "clever" interpretation on society's need to conform, to breed, to have sex, and to settle down.
Its when he escapes that conformity that he actually finds someone.
Although the ending proves that even if when we do find it, we might not always be able to commit.
With that said, this movie was overly symbolic and allegorical with a concept that is very very bland and uninteresting.

I thought it was an interesting watch, but nothing "deep". The movie had me laughing at certain moments.
>>
>>63821358
was the peacock towards the end intended to be the psychopath woman, do you think?
>>
How cute was that female hotel worker/loner mole? HNNNG. I'd like to tranquilize her if you know what I mean.
>>
>>63821956
too bad you watched the censored version. Uncut will make you hard as diamond.
>>
>>63820853
This looks like artsy fartsy hipster wank, what would they censor?
>>
>>63822076
>artsy fartsy hipster wank
>>>reddit.com/r/starwars
Oh, wait, I forgot this is here now!
>>
>>63821973
Does it show fat Colin and her during their daily fuck sessions?
>>
>>63822106
/tips
>>
>>63822127
>fuck sessions
see >>63821250
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.