[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Get it? A cliffhanger.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
Get it?
A cliffhanger.
>>
Scene was beautiful yo
>>
>>
>>63819785
I actually got emotional during this scene
>>
what's happening in this scene?
>>
>>63819814
The helicopter shot bothered me.
>>
>>63819785
Second most awkward scene behind the bed scene in ROTK.
>>
>>63819866
Yeah, it was dumb and ruined the mood
>>
>>63819785
best scene of movie
all it was missing was Luke saying "I've been waiting for you, Rey"
>>
>>63819866
THIS HOLY SHIT. Great scene up until that moment.
>>
>>63819785
Anyone else think he looks a lot like Zach Galifinakis?
>>
>>63819785
That whole ending felt like shitty fan fiction
Mary Sue offers her father his lightsaber in what's supposed to be an awe-inspiring scene complete with le epic spinning helicopter shot that ultimately falls flat on its nose
>>
>>63819785
I cringed hard at the way he uses both hands to pull the hood back

It looked so hammed up and unnatural
>>
>>63819926
>It looked so hammed up and unnatural
So like Star Wars?
>>
>>63819950
lelelelelel rekt :^)
>>
File: 1437229738782.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1437229738782.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>63819866

Holy shit, I know right? I would've been alright with them ending the movie before that, but suddenly there was this helicopter shot that looked noticeably worse and the movie just ends on a random frame, it was awful
>>
>>63819785
What is Rick Wakeman doing in Star Wars?
>>
>>63819866
Honestly a shot straight from the Bachelorette. Bugged the shit out of me
>>
>>63819785
DUDE REFERENCES LMAO
>>
I was bothered that the helicopter panning shot had a couple jerky bits in it

c'mon hollywood.. we need perfection
>>
>>63819866
>>63819911
>>63819999 (checked)

It totally took me out of the scene. What was the purpose? This is suppose to be an intimate scene between a potential daughter and father reunited after a decade and we get the grandiose shot that destroys that intimacy. It was a poor choice on the cutting board.
>>
>>63820112
>daughter and father

wot
>>
>>63820112
Should've ended with them flying off to meet luke, and never shown him
>>
>>63819785
>come in on a space ship
>space ship lands at the bottom of the mountain
>she climbs up a ton of steps
>she's all winded

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU JUST LAND ON THE TOP YOU FUCKING STUPID DOGBEARTHING FUCK YOU CHEWBACCO THESE MOVIES SUCK A DICKS
>>
is there a screener out? someone post webms
>>
>>63819785
Come at me bro
>>
>>63820112
What's sad was that there were plenty of parts of the film that could've used such a grandiose scene, but it wasn't delivered.
>>
>>63820149
That bitch climbing the stairs was the longest 2 minutes of my life, holy fuck.
>>
>>63819866
>she's just holding up the fucking lightsaber to him from 20 feet
>he's just staring at her like she's pointing a fucking lightsaber at him
>cut to helicopter shot
>credits
Legitimately had me dying of laughter.
>>
>>63820261
I thought we'd see Luke using the force to pull it into his hand.
>>
>>63820261
They should have saved the "who talks first" quip for this scene
>>
>>63820261
Should have held it sideways like a normal person.
Holding it like she did is like handing someone a gun by pointing the muzzle at them.
>>
I was also kinda disappointed on Luke's "introduction". So the map they followed had to have been quite some years old. Which means that Luke has been on that planet / island thing for an equally long time. I thought they would've found him slumming it in a shed like pic related, since I guess he's supposed to be the Yoda of this movie now? Something to at least show how much of a fucking hermit he is, and how he's been living there in isolation for a really long time. But there's nothing. Just an empty island, and the guy just happens to be staring at the sea on some random spot when Rey and crew drops by. Kinda lame
>>
How are they going to start the next movie? Are they just going to cuck us out of seeing what happens immediately after this or are they legitimately going to go from scrolling credits straight to picking up from this scene? I don't like either option.
>>
>>63820660
He probably knew they were coming since he's a Jedi Master and decided to go to a dramatic place for the meeting
>>
>>63820379
Fucking this

>>63820139
Did you see the same film?
>>
>>63819785
That's the new star wars.
One movie a year ending with a fucking cliffhanger, so you will watch the next installment of the franchise.
>>
>>63819866

I wasn't bothered. It's just a surprise to see it in a Star Wars film. A lot of scenes were like that actually. All the innovation went into the filming rather than the script apparently.
>>
>>63819866
Yep, it was really bad.
>Let's take this poignant scene, draw it out too long, and make it EPIC

cue applause, cut to black, fuckheads stay in their seats waiting for the marvel after credits scene
>>
Imagine getting to see the film early because youre terminally ill and what you see is Han Solo getting killed and it ends on a cliff hanger of Luke Skywalker about to get himself involved in it all

thanks jj
>>
>>63820679
scroll will tell us that she began her training and the movie will start during a training section. A Star Wars movie taking place immediately after the last movie is unprecedented and I don't think they'll go that route.
>>
>>63820679
There will be scrolling credits, anon
>>
>>63820660

He lives at the temple but wasn't there when she showed up.

Did you not see the shot where she kneels down and looks at his sandals and whatever the fuck that other thing at the stairs was?

Luke was probably out taking in the scenery and meditating by the ocean when they showed up. It wasn't like Yoda was in his hut when Luke showed up.
>>
>>63820679
They'll open with a fucking recon droid on an ice planet if VII is any indication.
>>
>>63820149
There is a temple up there- the very first Jedi temple no less. Wouldn't want to nick that in front of the last remaining Jedi, would you?
>>
>>63820766
You can tell by his facial expression that he's at the part where solo dies.
>>
>>63820016

That's not Rick Wakeman, it's Mark Hamil.

You know, one of the STARS of the OT?

Idiot
>>
>>63820803
Whoa there, temper that salt desu. They'll probably jump in at tauntaun and then skip to Finn in the waterchamber. YOu know they don't have time to go frame for frame.
>>
>>63820766
Is he dead now
>>
>>63820766
RIP. Also underrated post
>>
>>63819785
>"The force is strong in my famaaaaaaaaaaaHHHH!---(splat)"
>>
>>63821017
I wanted to like this movie so bad, and they fucked me. They fucked me like they did in 1999. Star Wars a shit.
>>
>>63821038
yep
>>
>>63820726

>helicopter shot
>innovative

Anon, I think you need to put your nostalgia for the series aside and see it for what it really is: shit.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.