[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DON'T GET ME WRONG >IT WAS GREAT, BUT >I DON'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 24
File: Снимок.jpg (133 KB, 1389x745) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.jpg
133 KB, 1389x745
>DON'T GET ME WRONG
>IT WAS GREAT, BUT
>I DON'T WANT TO BE NEGATIVE
>I LOVED SEEING IT, BUT

Is it possible to publicly criticize Star Wars anymore? Why is everyone so afraid of Disney?
>>
For a somewhat public figure nowadays, you either like something, or you are a hater. There is no in between.
So if you want to relativize or criticize, even something you like, you have to make sur it is perfectly clear that you still like it.
>>
>afraid of Disney
afraid of the hordes of "haha i like star wars i'm such a nerd xD" bandwagoners more likely.
>>
It's the Star Wars movie literally everyone has been waiting for years to get and now that it's here, it's hard to acknowledge that it has a few flaws.
>>
>>63819500
Because it's an 8/10, not the 11/10 second coming that people wanted.
>>
They're unable to deal with the cognitive dissonance so they're convincing themselves that it's good because "hurr, it wasn't lucas, it must be good." Of course in the back of their minds they know this is wrong.
>>
only a sith deals with absolutes
>>
It's still easily JJ's best movie.
>>
>>63819500
Afraid their fans are gonna turn on them for not agreeing with the pleb masses
>>
>>63819651
>Because it's an 5/10, turn your head off while watching it on a free stream
ftfy
>>
James doesn't appear to be enthusiastic
>>
>>63819763
That's not saying much
>>
>>63819553
It's no different on this board, just hte opposite. If you don't think it was a bad film, you're a foolish fanboy, a la >>63819803
>>
>>63819807
Dissapointed in the little to no interracial scenes
>>
>>63819835
Did you link the wrong post anon? Not sure what mine has to do with being a fanboy of star wars at all to do, since I'm not
>>
>>63819714
This. One of the most used arguements is:
>It's better than the prequels, so it's good!
>>
holy shit even these cucks are disappointed

they didn't even say it was good but it was.. 'exciting'

basically the film is a lazy mediocre remake of a new hope made for a quick cash grab. can't believe critics are eating this shit up truly shows how low the quality of cinema has fallen
>>
>>63819891
If you compare almost anything to be a thing of beauty compared to some dried up dogshit, people are gonna prefer the non-dogshit option
>>
>>63819651
*6/10 at best
>>
>>63819934
>can't believe critics are eating this shit up
They aren't.
They are just glad Disney sent them a good old fat paycheck.
>>
>>63819958
But Episode VII was dogshit.
>>
Who are these guys?
>>
>>63819992
I agree, but I was talking more about the type of argument presented by the people who say "at least it wasn't prequel-bad"

I'd say it's worse than the prequels because it's so bland, boring and disney/jj took the safest route possible by doing a not so thinly veiled A New Hope remake
>>
>>63820037
Exactly. At least the once nice thing about the Sequel Trilogy is that we're going to reevaluate and have a more impartial look at the Prequel Trilogy, especially if they consistently end up being stacked against uninspired soulless rehashes like The Force Awakens.
>>
>>63819500
>Why is everyone so afraid of Disney?

The Disney tyranny has extreme power. We all live in fear of it. They are truly the evil empire.
>>
>>63820003
Guy with blue shirt = Mike Matei, guy literally has a 10 inch penis

Guy with brown jacket and hat = James Rolfe famous for being the AVGN
>>
>>63819763
all he had to do was copy ANH just like he did with the second star trek film. He is an unoriginal fuck as you can get and will keep getting work as long as people are sucking his dick over LOST.
>>
>>63820003

The Angry Video Game Cuck and his Jewish friend.
>>
>>63820060
>the once nice thing
*one
>>
>>63819651
More like a 5/10
>>
File: 1357197179291.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1357197179291.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>63819651
>>
>>63820037
>I agree, but I was talking more about the type of argument presented by the people who say "at least it wasn't prequel-bad"

"better than the prequels" is going to be the new "Better love story than twilight"

Disney had nothing to lose & they knew it. All they had to do is not have Jar Jar.
>>
>>63819979
>They are just glad Disney sent them a good old fat paycheck.
Do you really believe a company would be able to corrupt all active movie critics without no backlash?

What's happening is, in my opinion, a mix of poptimism and sheer peer-pressure. Imagine being a beginner of middle-tier writer for some second rate website or magazine. One single negative review to a movie so powerful as SW could put your carreer on the line, because a)fanboys are gonna come after your ass for being a 'contrarian' and b)your editor - who probably wouldn't even let you publish your little piece of heresy in the first place - will hunt you down for depriving the company from that sweet clickbait bux.

That's why we only see some few, often big names daring to openly criticize this movie. Most will do it in an euphemized fashion like OP's example
>>
File: Veers.png (95 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
Veers.png
95 KB, 300x301
>>63819651
>Because it's an 8/10
>Episode VII
>>
>>63820304
S-SHUT UP, MY WAIFU WILL BE REAL SOMEDAY AND I WILL MARRY HER!
>>
>>63819500
Wait for redlettermedia to call it shit. Then it'll be safe for everyone to call it shit.

Personally, I can't wait for them to say "it was good to see the Emperor up to his old tricks again" and then it cuts to General Leia.
>>
>>63820287
But Lucas did just that. After all the negative feedback and response to Jar-Jar's character in TPM, he has a relatively very small role in AoTC and by RoTS he has a single scene.
>>
>>63820292
>Do you really believe a company would be able to corrupt all active movie critics without no backlash?
What is sponsored content
What is payed hotel/flight tickets in favor of a good review
What is being allowed to watch movie previews in exchange for a favorable review
>>
>>63820357
>Red Letter Media
People still give a shit about them?
>>
>>63820292
Not all, but it's pretty clear they bought some of them. Perhaps not directly but by having some ad placement in their publication, etc.
And once you start this sort of fire, a lot of others will follow the big names in fear of being wrong, going against thegrain and loosing their readers.
That of course means there will be a couple contrarians as well.
Problem is, there hasn't been many actual, well argumented looks on it so far.
Ironically enough, one of the best was posted in a thread earlier,and it ws from the official journal of the Vatican...
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xbum4/thank_you_jj_abrams/

We did it reddit!
>>
>>63819763
Star Wars 4 is not JJ's movie, George Lucas made it.
>>
>>63820419
>https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3xbum4/thank_you_jj_abrams/

Disney shills on Reddit, I'm shocked.
>>
File: 1354038129906.jpg (108 KB, 591x575) Image search: [Google]
1354038129906.jpg
108 KB, 591x575
>>63820354
>>
>>63820419
Once you've got the reddit audience by the balls, you've got yourself a cashcow. They finally figured out the formula how to milk these idioits.
>>
JJ Abrams also stole Revan. It's fucking criminal.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (1001 KB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
1001 KB, 1333x2000
Miss me yet?
>>
>>63820409
>Ironically enough, one of the best was posted in a thread earlier,and it ws from the official journal of the Vatican
shit son, just read this review and it absolutely DESTROYS the movie
>>
>>63820748
Y-yes George sama!
>>
>>63819500
Disney spent $300 million on marketing

The media wants more money, so it will to a great extent police itself to ensure it doesn't harm the financial viability of the IP that justifies all that expenditure.
>>
File: 1445892178184.jpg (62 KB, 693x479) Image search: [Google]
1445892178184.jpg
62 KB, 693x479
>"AW HELL NAW"
>"DROID, PLEASE!"
>"HEY SOLO!"
>>
>>63820760
>>63820409
Link?
>>
>>63819500
No you cant, same thing with Fallout 4. No one criticized that fucking train wreck either.
>>
File: at least I have my church.jpg (134 KB, 575x854) Image search: [Google]
at least I have my church.jpg
134 KB, 575x854
>>63820896
It's in italian but someone made a decent translation.
http://www.askanews.it/top-10/l-osservatore-romano-stronca-star-wars_711690072.htm

Vatican City, 17th of December. The L'Osservatore Romano crushes the seventh episode of Star Wars with a comment stating that it's "Confused and blurred". "The Force Awakens", writes Emilio Ranzato on the Vatican's newspaper, "seems more like a reboot than a sequel. Not a quality reboot, however, like Nolan's Batman, but an upgrade based on modern trends with an audience more used to the computer screen than a cinema hall." The direction by Abrams "was based on the sloppy action cinema of today, which also correlates to the world of videogames". It's not victorious, for L'Osservatore Romano, "even with the praised decision of going back to more practical sets, given that they were often anonymous and of weak dramatic value." However "the aspect that Abrams fails to capture the most was the representation of evil, in this case the design of the negative characters", because "it goes too far, exaggerating the darkness, and the result is awful", and in particular the figure that should be replacing the emperor Palpatine as the representation of supreme evil "represents the greatest weakness of the film" because "the result is just the most clumsy and tawdry thing that can come out of CGI". The writers "don't know how to do anything better than ape the past, and sprinkle slavishly the script with appearances and references to the older chapters, that however don't ever add to the story unlike in the prequels but have the sole function of criminally playing on the nostalgia of old fans. All that in a new package that is similarly confused and blurred."
>>
>>63820942
Don't believe the hype
>>
File: 4362623623.jpg (189 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
4362623623.jpg
189 KB, 600x429
>>63819500

They can't speak openly because we are living in an Orwellian society.

If you are white and support this propaganda bullshit of a movie you are a c.uck and a traitor to your ancestors... that simple.

It is straight up cultrual marxist propaganda aimed at the youth.

That is how cultural marxism works... little steps to the ultimate goal.

And to do this to THE institution of white nerdiness? And many of you still don't get it?

If you support this crap... you're brainwashed, a dolt and a traitor.

And it is targeted most effectively at 5-12 year olds... who will be the decision makers before you know it.

Cultural marxism... little steps... that is how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63820995
is this bait?
>>
>>63820942
What's up with this weird trend where when anything popular comes out is praised like the best thing ever made with no flaws whatsoever? What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>63819500
Just wait until it comes out on DVD. By then, the morning glow will fade, people will have their opinions sorted out, and will be willing to talk shit about it.
>>
File: tfa.jpg (48 KB, 583x482) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
48 KB, 583x482
>>63821040
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

So subtle.
>>
>>63821061
And anything non-popular like the Ultraman trailer gets way too many thumbs downs by rabid SW fanboys
>>
>>63820976
Holy shit, thank you. This is what an unbiased critique of this movie is supposed to look like.
>>
File: download.png (10 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
download.png
10 KB, 209x241
>that scene when the x-wings pilots talk when they're flying on the starkiller planet
>first shot: the hispanic
>second shot: the woman
>third shot: the fat white guy
>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters
>fifth shot: the black guy
>>
>>63821061
being overly cynical and hating everything used to be the cool thing to do. that fell out of fashion and now it has swung in the other direction. If you don't like something, you're just a contrarian or entitled.
>>
>>63820357
Though I get a feeling they won't call it shit.

And to be honest, it really isn't. Disney played it way too safe for it to be shit. It's an ok movie if you look at it like you should with any other movie.

Though in my opinion, that what makes it shit in an abstract way. There is barely anything new and so much of it seemed forced. All of those one-liners and people constantly needing to remind the audience to like Rey via tell don't show. I could go into more detail, but I don't want to write a wall of text.

The worst thing is something I realized today after I woke up. I saw the movie yesterday and I realized just how forgettable it is. Its memorability comes almost exclusively from being Star Wars and because it offers a certain standard of quality. Like when you do those X > Y > Z rankings, I wouldn't even know where to place it, just because of how irrelevant it feels. The prequels were bad in execution, but at least they felt like 'something'. I'm not gonna go into the
>At least the prequels had soul!
section, but I get what people mean when they say stuff like that.
>>
>>63820060

Now that people see what happens when a studio/producer/director panders to the prequel hater audience, people might finally be able to put aside emotions and look at the prequels more objectively and realize that people who hate the prequels didn't necessarily have superior taste in movies.
>>
> prequels
> dared to do something new, failed in a lot of aspects but it had heart
> disney jew jew sequel / reboot
> plays it as safe as possible, better at most things than the prequel, but it's all a soulless SJW propaganda rehash
>>
>>63821200
>It's an ok movie if you look at it like you should with any other movie.

believe it or not some people watch movies with the expectation that they won't waste their time by directly recycling ideas. it's even still possible to see films pretty regularly at the cinema without having to subject yourself to that.
>>
Other than the unsympathetic Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a nazi rally for good measure), the only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.
Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?

The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda. They couldn't get away with an all out, overt attempt at programming; this method would be too easy to see and resist.

e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this." This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way.

The programming was there.

More obvious shit like

1) Finn incessantly grabs Reys hand every time they have to run away to the point she complains about it

2) Rey then OH SO CONVENIENTLY grabs Finn's hand to help him up the next time they have to run

3) The part where Finn MUST save Rey at all costs even if it means death... he gives no fuck for the resistances plan

4) After they are reunited they hug for such a long time, in the most awkward moment, then Han Solo has to break them up to say they better get the fuck out of there

The above doesn't include the long pauses, the staring and the innuendo between the two right the way through.

I could go on and on.

It's 1984.
>>
>>63821226
>people who hate the prequels didn't necessarily have superior taste in movies.

the prequels were hated because people were comparing them to the originals.

they were also very much a failure BECAUSE they did have great ideas, as they never brought those ideas into their best possible iteration because of all the flaws.

Go watch the Duel of the Fate scene and think to yourself how we'd see it now if Qui Gonn, Darth Maul and Obi Wan had all had excellent characterizations, were part of a logical story and were fighting with proper motivations.

Prequel hate isn't the same category as dismissing TFA as the copy it is. You can go through the prequels and love some elements and be *more* disappointed with the whole as a result. With TFA there's nothing to even be disappointed about - which makes it worse.
>>
>>63819803
>I expected Lawrence of Arabia meets Apocalypse Now from the Star wars reboot and was severely disappointed
>Sigh, born in the wrong generation, no more good films are made anymore
>>
The cultural marxists now own it and they can do as they wish. I just have to accept that a franchise that was created by white men and championed by white men is now being used to demonize us. It's shitty, but that's how the world is. I'll take my business someplace else. I won't be the only one.
>>
File: avatar-hi-res-Battle-scene[1].jpg (30 KB, 496x276) Image search: [Google]
avatar-hi-res-Battle-scene[1].jpg
30 KB, 496x276
>>63821442
>Lawrence of Arabia meets Apocalypse Now

er.... I think that came out a few years ago
>>
>>63821442
>no more good films are made anymore
If you expected TFA to be a good film to begin with compared to other films released this year then there's no hope for you, wait for the next disney/marvel release I guess.
>>
>>63821537

James Cameron is so based ;')

>>
>Cokefinger
>Snoke
>Jay laughs awkwardly

I cant wait for the rlm review and its jokes that write themselves
>>
Wall to wall SJW black propaganda.

Black lead is named Finn. Huckleberry Finn anyone?

Not too long after he's introduced the Empire ship mentions "its only his first offense" in the control room "making fun" of downtrodden criminal blacks in society.

When Finn gets saved by Rey when she closes blast doors, the Reptars tentacles that get cut off look like giant black dicks.

I'll stop, but I could type a wall of text. Feel free to add your own. Wall to wall propaganda.
>>
>>63820976
That's exactly how I felt about this movie the moment it was announced and it's precisely how it turned out. It's nothing more than a modernized retelling of Star Wars. Nothing new was done, nothing innovative, just remade the original with todays shitty visual style. It's fucking sad that people are falling for this crap and say absurd shit like it's the second best Star Wars movie. Fuck outta here.
>>
>>63819500
Why do we allow slavs on /tv/ again?
>>
>>63821407
Poor little white boy.jpg
>>
>>63821651
Because they bring cheeky banter
>>
>>63820292
>Do you really believe a company would be able to corrupt all active movie critics without no backlash?
Easily. How naive are you?
>>
File: 1443783362865.jpg (864 KB, 1750x1616) Image search: [Google]
1443783362865.jpg
864 KB, 1750x1616
>The Cuck Awakens
Somebody has to make a poster
>>
>>63821697
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFo8MXK94vk
>>
>>63820995
>It was really horrible when white supremacists killed millions
>I agree, we should strive to create a world where everyone has equal rights and opportunities, and nobody has to fear for their race or aexual orientation

>This is a well calculated jewish ploy to destroy the white race
>>
File: 1450518105974.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450518105974.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
>>63821718
>>
File: download1.jpg (5 KB, 136x160) Image search: [Google]
download1.jpg
5 KB, 136x160
>>63821753
I agree fellow anon!

Can we not simply enjoy this fine movie?
>>
>>63821407

Not gonna disagree with any of that. It's just that for years the prequels were kinda harped on to the point where even I started to become more jaded to them and I was always a little more willing to defend them. I mean, I recognize that they aren't super great or anything as far their overall writing is concerned, but what I was getting at was that I think Force Awakens will serve to divide those whose criticisms of the prequels, whether they still like them or not, are genuine from those who were just bandwagoning and trying to be like "Look how much I can hate the prequels, people." Because there are a lot of people who really hate the prequels, especially on reddit and youtube and shit, praising this movie when it really is just a by the numbers Disney copy of a New Hope.

Also, I will say this too since we're on the subject, for as much as some people may hate the prequels (and I don't mean just not like them), I honestly don't believe we would have something like KOTOR without them
>>
>>63819500
They're trying to justify their wasted time. Just like with Phantom Menace.

It's like poetry.
>>
>>63821626
>>63821361
How is a subtly implied interracial couple considered risque and taboo?

The year is 2015 not 1965
>>
>>63820976
Huh. That's actually a very good review. Absolutely nails it.
>>
>Is it possible to publicly criticize Star Wars anymore?

No. Star Wars fans are the biggest babies out there.
>>
>>63821948
>>
File: 12356.jpg (9 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
12356.jpg
9 KB, 274x184
>>63821948
IT'S 2015 PEOPLE!!!
>>
File: 1449146758478.jpg (141 KB, 669x664) Image search: [Google]
1449146758478.jpg
141 KB, 669x664
>>63822014
>>63822017
>>
File: 4363634.jpg (58 KB, 419x421) Image search: [Google]
4363634.jpg
58 KB, 419x421
>>63822014
>>63822017
>>
Now that it only stars minorities, no-one is allowed to criticise it or else they'll be called a racist and other childish words.
>>
>>63822014
I thought The Jew™ was anti-muslim and they were our greatest allies?

Oh wait, this 2015 not 2008, I already forgot memes changed
>>
>>63822059
The jew wants to destroy europe by flooding it with immigrant hordes.

Get with the memes.
>>
>>63822059

This is how it works. Check it out, Aryey.

>>
1. criticising Disney loses you access to exclusive access to Marvel, Star Wars, everything...

2. Nerd circlejerking is the fucking worst but easy to troll.
>>
File: 4573384.jpg (100 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
4573384.jpg
100 KB, 501x585
>>63822128
>if we call it a meme the goys won't take it seriously
>>
Can we criticize why Boyega was cast without considering him a bad casting choice?
>>
>>63822249
Yes we can. He's a pretty good actor tbqh, but he's still a nigger cast for propaganda purposes.
>>
File: 635573357.jpg (125 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
635573357.jpg
125 KB, 600x350
>>63822249
>>
>>63822192
Why would the jews (who live in Europe) fill Europe (the place they live in) fill with people (who hate the jews and are willing to act on this) cause events (including a kosher store being attacked and them targetting jews in other attacks) help the jews (the biggest losers in this situation) in creation of a massively anti-jewish continent (that will do a second Holocaust)?
>>
>>63821629

They should have just let Abrams reboot Star Wars. Might have been more honest that way.
>>
>>63822292

>flood Europe with poor Muslims
>wait for the inevitable attack on a European Jew
>"see this is why we need Israel, guys"
>>
File: wpid-barbara-spectre-quote.jpg (116 KB, 1023x838) Image search: [Google]
wpid-barbara-spectre-quote.jpg
116 KB, 1023x838
>>63822292
Because they want to destroy European civilization.
>>
>>63822192
The main dogma behind race-mixing is Divide and Conquer. Mono-ethnic societies come to similar conclusions about pretty much everything, where as different ethnicities within one nations see the world very differently, all having different moral settings and goals and views. Thus, there can never be one united populace against anything, making a true revolution increasingly hard, the more diverse a society is. While the populous is getting back-stabbed by it's politicians and the powers that control them, people will be caught in fighting each other and blaming other groups.

For a portion of the populace, the immigrants will be the enemy. For others, rightwingers will be the enemy. Some will find their enemy in feminists, capitalists, communists, SJWs, neo-nazis, Muslims, gays, homophobes etc.

This is exactly what the NWO Jews (different from the everyday Jew) want - they want all of us fighting eachother, fighting the symptoms of a perverted system instead of unifying and fighting the cause of this perversion: the powers that be.
>>
>>63822292
see
>>63822436

Its a war on two fronts: create great seperation in all areas, seperation where there was none before AND overwhelm the populace with uncertainty, insecurity. This goes from actuall physical insecurity, i.e. Terrorism, "we have an enemy that can strike at anytime, anywhere and could be anybody". The perfect psychological enemy - an invisible enemy that can never be defeated, inflicting permanent insecurity onto the populace. And it goes down to personal insecurities - there was and is an agenda against the family, to dismantle family bonds. Growing up without a dad or with degenerate values, makes you as a person less stable. Everywhere we are submitted to brainwash, telling us sex is what we live for - "cheating is not bad, you only live once so screw your girlfriend of 5 years and have random sex" etc.

But also your sexuality is under constant attack - we are being brainwashed in thinking, that nothing is certain. Not even your gender anymore.

>>
File: 54468468.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
54468468.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>63822292
>btfo
>>
File: 426624264.jpg (126 KB, 419x430) Image search: [Google]
426624264.jpg
126 KB, 419x430
The former security of stable family bonds is taken away, the identification with a nation and its values is taken away, your identification as a white male is pulled through the dirt and taken away. They tell you from an early age, that gay is cool, tell you maybe your a girl, or trans, or fluidgendered, or a banana for all I know. It is pyscological warfare, designed to put you into a state of mind and being that will render most people incapable of seeing the bigger picture, seeing the demonic and suicidal elements, posed upon our once great societies.

The information is widely available, showing the deception and the deceit. If our society was like 100 years ago, there had been a revolution. People can only accept our judeo-capitalistic-cultural-marxistic rule by being blinded and physcologically destroyed. They are reprogrammed, from loving humans to insecure brainwashed automatons, defending the very system that has done this to them, defending the very system that is destroying everything good about their societies and defaming their heritage.

This is the work of the devil - it is the darkest of times but our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ shall return in these dark hours, as the prophecy demands.
>>
>>63819500
He didn't say it was a curse word load of another curse word? Whoa.
>>
File: 333.jpg (82 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
333.jpg
82 KB, 500x741
You can tell James hates the new star wars movie with a passion because of obvious reasons, afterall he did experienced it first hand with his wife.

He had the same reaction with Creed as well HE KNOWS
>>
>>63822176
This.

Do you think any of these critics, 90% of whom are now comic book nerds or Disney fans, want to give up the perks of early screenings by trashing their product? Not to mention pissing off a fanbase who will send them death threats for giving their fan favorite film a bad score?

There's a reason not a single Marvel movie has been rated Rotten, and there's a reason this Star Wars is getting heaps of praise even as those critics who are praising it admit it is just a rehash.
>>
>>63819500

They spent so many years calling Lucas King Rape of Childhood Mountain, that now that JJ served them a shit sandwich they have to eat it and pretend they love it.
>>
>>63824927
keked
>>
>>63819500
Because critics aren't critics anymore, they're just another facet of the marketing machine. This is true in literature, in cinema and in video games.

Say it's kind of bad, give it an 8, move on.
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.