[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck your Mary Sues. Fuck your racism. How about the real abomination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1
File: literally what.jpg (43 KB, 295x441) Image search: [Google]
literally what.jpg
43 KB, 295x441
Fuck your Mary Sues. Fuck your racism.

How about the real abomination of SW7?

This shitter right here. Super wise and old, but doesn't have one intelligent line. She reads characters in order to tell the audience what their characters are. It's like yellow Yoda but much shittier and nothing memorable about her. Han tells us not to stare, but at fucking what? There's nothing visually interesting about this banana turd. Why is she running a bar? That's kinda neat. I wish it somehow factored into her character. Completely mechanical character meant to speed up the plot.

I really don't give a shit how she got Luke's lightsaber, just don't put her back in SW8 to explain it.
>>
Plus the CGI was shit
>>
>>63816668
I liked her.
>>
It's a fucking movie
>>
>>63816668
Agreed. She was prequel-tier.
>>
Nope.

She wasn't part of the plot at all. except for explaining the lightsaber to femjedi yes.

But, other than that.. she was completely fine.

The fact that the only reason most people are complaining about her is because she's CGI. That's fucking it. She wasn't annoying, she wasn't an occurring running gag, and she didn't ruin any scene. If she was a puppet or a suit then there would be no problem.

Stop being scared of getting another Jar Jar. They learned their lesson and Lucas is not manning the helm. Get over it.

If you're gonna complain about CGI, then make a thread about Snoke.
>>
>>63816668
forgot about her. she appears in the middle of the movie then she's gone. very very annoying character any way
>>
>>63816723
>movie
it's a flick at best
>>
>>63817246
those are both the same thing
>>
>>63816668

I saw those threads about that character having a reduced role because Lupita "couldn't relate to an alien" or something. She was much better than I was expecting.
>>
>>63817066
obviously they didn't learn their lesson because her CG was shit, and her design was even worse, and no reason they couldn't have done it as a puppet/prosthetic, should only go CGI if its something that can't be done that way
also annoying as fuck, her yelling "han solo!" and her voice actress did a shit job, hope she died in the rubble
>>
>>63817306
Hello newfriend.
>>
Is she really chewbacca's gf?

how do they fuck?
>>
>>63816668
Her character was poorly written and poorly acted, but I could have gotten past that if she hadn't looked so awful. Seriously, whoever did the CG for her should be fired.
>>
>>63816668
>she

they made a female yoda too? lol
>>
>>63817569
i dont think you understand the words that you type
>>
>>63817392
This. I was bracing myself for something cringeworthy but overall I was just whatever.
>>
>>63816668
>Maz was supposed to have more scenes but Lupita Nyong'o couldn't understand the character

Oscar winning actress, everybody
>>
>>63816668
She was fine. You people will bitch about anything
>>
>>63817473
I'm gonna have to disagree. I didn't exactly see a point with her but she was far from annoying. Especially compared to Jar Jar. With Jar Jar, he looks rubbery as fuck and was super annoying, but he was actually relevant to the plot so it was a really bitter sweet feeling.

With her, she looks just a little bit more real and not annoying in the slightest. BUT if she was cut from the film then you wouldn't loose anything at all so it's kind of okay if she was, dare I say, "forgettable"? Does that make sense? I hope it does because I genuinely liked her performance.
>>
>>63817611
No, she just loves that Wookiee
>>
>>63817661
To be honest, I don't think anyone really understands the character. It was just sort of a weird insert to move the plot along.
>>
>>63816668
I agree, worst part of the movie, although the song they played in her not cantina was pretty catchy

Also she was way too yellow. They chose a shade that was much too bright. The CGI would've looked must better if she wasn't a bright yellow toad gollum creature.
>>
>>63817853
why though, could have had han give rey the saber and bb-8 tell them how to get to the rebel base on the falcon
>>
>>63817853
She's 1000 years old, just have her say some wise and vague shit and be on with it.
>>
>>63817901
>must better
much better*
>>
>>63817904
Some of these 'characters' are in the movie purely to sell toys. That's it.

The fact that she looks like a Minion should be proof enough of what Disney was trying to accomplish here.
>>
>>63816668
You know what was the absolute fucking worst? That reggae cantina music. the most tacky cut and paste from ANH in the entire movie.
>>
>>63817927
yeah she didn't even say anything wise, neither did Snoke, i mean she had a chance to say something about Finn but blew that too
"snoke is wise" well show it don't just say it, same problems as the prequels
>>
>>63816668
Agreed, she was shit
>>
>>63818027
agreed, the theater i went to has a organist before the films start and he did the cantina music, was so much better than that Bob Marley and the non-jizz wailers shit
>>
I liked Maz tbhwy (to be honest with you)
>>
>>63816668
Pretty sure he meant not to stare at anyone in particular within the bar, to avoid an incident like the one in A New Hope.
>>
>>63816715
this.
the black niggress actress is pretty good considering she had to act like she's fucking ancient.
>>
I asked twice in another thread yesterday

Let me ask here again

What happened to this thing in the movie? Did she fly off with Han or something? I cant remember
>>
>>63819070
Her castle exploded and we don't know what happened to her.

She's probably still alive.
>>
>>63818024
>looks like a Minion
she really does look like someone's shitty alt art of a minion.
>>
>>63816715
this. She reads into people, so what? She doesn't predict their future or their past, she just runs a fucking bar and is good at reading a person.

As a character she's fine, as being a convenient reason for getting them a lightsaber that's a bit bullshit I agree
>>
>>63816668
>Where did you get Anakin's lightsaber
>That is a story for another time

Fuck off
>>
>>63817611
That's a good story for another time
>>
>>63816668
Calm down for fucks sake
>>
>>63819070
>Shiny Stormtropper lady
>Whiny General that was supposed to be like Hitler
>Kylo Ren
>Tasu Leech, the dude payed by the crazy hobo from The Raid 2
>Yellow goblin lady

Are all characters that we don't see actually survive. I'm presuming that Ren and Nux survive and will be in the next movie, the others will be based on toy sales.
>>
>>63817392
why even do voice acting in a film abou fucking aliens if she couldn't deliver
>>
>>63821463
The only reason they hired her was cause she was flavor of the month with the Oscar win and right about that time the internet was bitching how little women were present during the first read-through of the script.
There's no way JJ thought that the right person to play a small orange Yoda wannabe was her. This looked like it was written for Judy Dench or that old hag from Downton Abbey and Harry Potter.
>>
>>63816668
>just don't put her back in SW8 to explain it

She was killed when the First Oder raided the Cantina
>>
>>63822548
This, her voice didn't fit at all.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.