[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kinda depressing that the most intense moment of the entire movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: forceawakens_dogfight.gif (2 MB, 380x158) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens_dogfight.gif
2 MB, 380x158
Kinda depressing that the most intense moment of the entire movie is this 3 1/2 second scene that immediately cuts away once it gets good (the moment this gif ends, the scene cuts away)
>>
>>63816450
What's with the new trend (especially apparent in the new Godzilla) of cutting away from action as soon as it gets interesting? Why can't we have fully fleshed out action sequences like the attack on the first death star, the battle of Hoth, and the battle of Endor?

Why the fuck would people watch star wars if not for the epic space battles and dogfights?
>>
>>63816532
>new trend of cutting away from action

pretty sure that was done in greek epics
>>
Poe killing all those Tie Fighters around Maz Kanada's temple was the best scene for me
>>
>>63816450

I missed the Y-wings in this movie
>>
>>63816625
I thought it was really odd, the X Wing pilots literally say "Bomb them" and they fire proton torpedos at the thing like we wouldn't know the difference. God dammit, Y Wings are the bombers.
>>
>>63816625

No Y wings, a-wings, b-wings, for a movie being praised for its diversity it sure forgot to diversify its military
>>
>>63816684
>>63816710
>>63816625
They're with the fleet which was not shown in the movie. This was a small detachment meant to guard the base and the leader.
>>
>>63816905
"They were with the fleet" ~ JJ Abrams as he chuckles and goes back to counting his money
>>
>>63816710
Does the First Order even have any fighters except standard Ties?

Did they try to be as true to ANH that both sides just have 1 type of ship each? It really is just a rehash of the original Death Star trench run with X-Wings vs. Tie Fighters.
>>
>>63817011
Also "He rehashed on purpose!"
>>
>>63816532
>What's with the new trend (especially apparent in the new Godzilla) of cutting away from action as soon as it gets interesting? Why can't we have fully fleshed out action sequences like the attack on the first death star, the battle of Hoth, and the battle of Endor?
Well, the reason in godzilla was to build tension because the action scenes didnt have THAT much variation, and because its a godzilla movie.

that doesnt apply in other films because they dont build up any tension when they do this, because its already over loaded with action thats usually done shitty.

thats why i like godzilla and not TFA, because there was tension in godzilla and appropiate build up as oppossed to a fuck ton of nothing.
>>
>>63816905
>They're with the fleet which was not shown in the movie
what a fucking cop out excuse
>>
>>63817525
everything was a fucking cop out.

so much deus ex machina.

at least in the originals it had build up and wasnt every other scene, everything had purpose.
>>
>>63816532

Money. Too expensive.

Only Cameron can save us from this evil.
>>
>>63816450
The cinematography regarding these scenes were terrible. What little action you saw was motion-blurred, messy, and cramped. At one point I thought a flaming wreckage would take out multiple other fighters, making the rebel force null.
>>
>>63817697
cameron helped to cement this evil.
>>
>>63817797
>What little action you saw was motion-blurred, messy, and cramped.
>cramped

this, i swear the entire fil took place in the same 5 square miles in a location where the cieling was only 3 inches above everyones heads.
the framing and cinematography is astoundingly bad.

even the prequels didnt fuck up so hard.
>>
>generic action scene
>intense
this is shit is boring as fuck
>>
>>63817074
the whole movie is a rehash. nothing new nothing more
>>
>Good guy blaster lasers are red
>bad guy blaster lasers are green
>good guy lightsabers are green
>bad guy lightsabers are red

Garbage. Not gonna bother it
>>
>>63818987
bad guy blaster rifle plasma shots are red
good guys are every other fucking color including red.
>>
>>63817074
there's actually 2 tie fighters, the normal type and then the special version which has a gunner position
>>
>watching Star Wars for the action

You dun goof'd
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.