[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about merits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: star-wars-7-trailer.jpg (42 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-7-trailer.jpg
42 KB, 620x387
Enough talking about problems with the movie. What were some things that you DID like?

I thought Finn was a neato character. I look forward to him getting more developed in the later movies.
>>
I'm excited to see:
Poe and Finn
Darth Ren
Luke Skywalker in action again
Rey turn to the dark side
Leia killed by Rey
>>
BB-8. Thats it.
>>
>>63816108

It was a fucking great Star Wars movie with new life breathed into it in the best fashion.

Felt a little like a mash-up of A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back - which is in no way a bad thing. It was a great Star Wars piece after 30 years.

In Kasdan we trust.
>>
>>63816243
I feel neutral towards BB8. Kinda felt like he didnt get enough time to fully flesh out his character.
>>
There's a lot that's good about it.

Visuals work really well and the CGI integrates seamlessly with the prop stuff.

Actors are generally pretty good, especially whoever plays Rey.

The sword fight at the end is really good and suspenseful.

The humor while not top-tier was generally pretty good.

It's just that the script was so weak and the plot entirely made up of recycled elements from New Hope and Empire.
>>
>>63816108
I liked how Finn was constantly looking for a weapon, because firing a blaster is literally all he knows how to do properly. It's not a blatant in-your-face character quirk, they worked those moments into the lines/ situations pretty well.
>>
>>63816422
I agree. It was interesting to see him opt for a blaster instead of the lightsaber he had in hand when fighting off the Stroopers.
>>
>>63816108

TFA reminds me of Batman Begins. It's a decent reboot of a well known franchise that didn't take too many risks. It has a lot of potential in the right hands. VIII has tons of material to improve on.
>>
>>63816108
Absolutely nothing. Saw it 6 hours ago and I've already forgotten most of it.
>>
Visuals were GOAT, it looked like classic SW compared to the awful cgi of the PT.

Poe/Finn BROmance

Rey looked great, too bad her character was dangerously Mary Sue-ish
>>
Well it didn't have Lucas cramming every fucking shot with bullshit special effects. That's about all I can think of.
>>
One of the main gripes I had about Finn was that he was set up to be all anti-war, with the PTSD scene in the village and the blood smear.

I mean hating the neo-empire is one thing, but they made him cross the line a little too fast. He went from holding a comrade in Saving Private Ryan type moment to indiscriminately shanking his former squadmates on a laser sword within all of about half a day.

Is he hesitant to kill? Is he not? You'd think he'd feel some shred of sympathy for the people he trained with his entire life based on how he reacts right up to the TIE escape scene where he starts blasting the hangar crew. He even said it himself, he's just one among countless orphans stolen and raised by the FO since birth. So he levels with the other Troopers to some degree and isn't a sociopath.

I guess mook lives are just that cheap in SW universe.
>>
Poe Dameron going fucking HAM on Tie Fighters while Finn watched from the ground. He effortlessly shot down like 8 or 9 fighters. Best damn pilot in the galaxy.
>>
>>63816404
>Actors are generally pretty good, especially whoever plays Rey.
Did we watch the same movie? She was the weak link as far as I was concerned.
>>
>>63816630
t. someone that isn't actually a fan of the OT
>>
>>63816993
Her acting was pretty good, the script makes her seem retarded. Her introduction scene starting from when she's scavenging the fallen Destroyer up to when she meets BB-8 was immersive as fuck, and it was carried on acting and body language alone. Then the script kicked in and she suddenly gets ADHD.

>"I'm not letting you leave, we have to finish our mission and promise!"
>Literal moments later
>"lel nvm fuck this shit, Imma bounce."
>>
Poe was pretty cool.
>>
>>63817179
>You will never slide down a dune with Rey after a day's hard work
>>
Finn may be be my favorite on the new cast.
>>
>>63817309
>When she's sitting there eating disgusting instant gruel and puts on the rebel starfighter helmet
>Gives big goofy childlike smile through a mouthful of food

Damn that scene was comfy as fuck. I'd give her my Full Portion.
>>
>>63816108
Effects were great, loved Finn.

Wish with all those spinning camera shots they'd at least have upped the frame rate, shit was blurry.
>>
>>63817370
This desu senpai. Super comfy.
>>
>>63816108
The saber combat was pretty legit. It wasn't fancy, it wasnt a ballet. No ridiculous flips, twirls or stunts. It was raw, it was brutal, it was like a medieval battle.
>>
Of the new cast:
Finn >> Ren > Girl Yoda > BB8 > Hux > Poe >>> Rey > fat guy from Heroes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Phasma

>>63817402
Yeah the panning scene in the pirate bar I couldn't fucking see shit and I wanted to appreciate the neato ayyy lmaos in the scene
>>
>>63817179
She did do a good job in that first section, I'll give you that. I really didn't buy her whole first conversation with Han though. I hated all that 'omg 14 parsecs' shit. Although maybe it was that she just wasn't good enough to sell that bad dialogue. You may be right in that she's not awul. I wouldn't call her performance strong though.
>>
>>63817481
I'm pissed Phasma wasn't seen ever again after the "trash compactor" line.
>>
>>63816108
Poe was suave and funny as hell.
Finn showed a lot of character for the small amount of development he had, and was funny.
Rey knocked it out of the park.
Kylo Ren has a much bigger sense of dangerousness and unpredictability, and the stakes seem higher because of it.
Han Solo is more Han Solo than in every other movie, and I loved it. I also like how they delved into what he's done in the past 30 years.
Leia wasn't ugly, and her connection with Solo felt more genuine than in the OT.
Phasma was wasted I think, but she was good in both of her scenes.
The whole feel and energy was fantastic and captured the original spirit really well.
The story is only a "rehash" or rip off if you already had low expectations or prejudices going in, and wanted something to criticize.
Han's death was pretty well-handled, even if you could see it coming (even without spoilers).
JJ's direction felt Trek-ish in places (especially on Solo's freighter), but he did a great job overall.
Based Luke doesn't even have to say anything to look badass.
This is mostly a first impression, but I'm giving it a solid 9/10. It would be slightly lower if the overall experience and sense of fun wasn't so damn great, and that's what sells it for me.

Seriously, almost everything /tv/ has against this movie is something minor or trivial that's blown up and sensationalized to ridiculous levels, all in a futile quest for vindication. They want it to be shit, but it definitely wasn't.
>>
>>63817481
What about the qtp2t asian X-Wing pilot?
>>
>>63817481
Yeah, Phasma looked cool but she didn't actually do anything.

Maybe next movie she'll come back all pissed and do something? Ray has her obvious nemesis now, Finn needs somebody to shoot at.
>>
>>63817481
>neato ayyy lmaos in the scene

Man there was this one guy who looked like a cross between a robot and a witch doctor mask, entire face glowed white. Since it's SW he probably has a name and an entire backstory. He was probably my favorite ayy lmao extra.
>>
>>63817546
>The story is only a "rehash" or rip off if you already had low expectations or prejudices going in, and wanted something to criticize.
not really true. i enjoyed it, but the parallels are obvious
>>
>>63817702
it's like poetry. it rhymes
>>
>>63817546
It's painfully obvious how much they stole from the OT.
>main character is a slave-esque character
>meets someone who takes them off the planet
>acquires a mentor
>mentor dies
>giant sphere superweapon
>it's destoryed by one man fighters who fly inside it

I mean they basically stripped down ANH, ESB and RotJ and used up all the nostalgia. The only thing missing from the OT is Luke training Rey but we get that in the next movie. Now, I'm not saying this is bad, because this seems like an apology for the prequels, saying "see? we remember what you liked about these movies", but considering they did use up any nostalgic properties, that leaves the next 2 movies to do something new with it, which excites me. I have no idea where this trilogy is going to go.
>>
Literally Reddit: The Thread.

Get the fuck off /tv/ you faggots
>>
>>63817863
>Television and Film board
>Star Wars is a film

Yeah man, those redditors
>>
>>63817702
I feel the same. It's a good and bad thing. Personally I didn't mind. They played it overwhelmingly safe. It is the first in a new trilogy after all, they couldn't risk botching it up with so much on the line. They NEEDED it to be safe. In hindsight it might be dull but I'd prefer it over the alternative of them trying something radically new and repeating the same mistakes as the PT all over again. Then nobody would give these new movies a chance.

So, first movie play it safe while delivering everything the fans want. Let's see what happens now. If it's still the same shit the second time around, then I'll have no words.
>>
>>63817863
>If it isn't contrarian it's Reddit
>g-get off my /tv/ u reddit n-neckbeards!!!
>>
>>63816108
Does there really need to be multiple Shit Wars threads?
>>
I liked all of the new characters except Rei and Snode or whatever the fuck Sheev 2.0's name is (I really thought that having an emperor character was unnecessary. They should have just had a more Tarkin-esque guy lead the First Order and have Ren be his enforcer).

The similarities to ANH didn't bother me that much, since they played out a little differently and had other interesting things intertwined with them.

It introduced a lot of room for worldbuilding. Who are the Knights of Ren? Where did the First Order come from exactly? Why is the Republic not fighting them? Who is this Snode guy? Who are Rey's family? (I know it's heavily implied that it's Luke but I'm hoping for a twist). Why did Luke's attempts to rebuild the Jedi fail? (I know this is also briefly explained but I want details).

Kylo Ren was a great character. His insecurity, his temper, his obsession with Vader, his struggle to shut out the light side (an interesting inversion of the original). He was probably my favourite part of the movie.

The action was well done, (although I didn't much care for that lightsaber battle). Overall the look was good, it was Star Wars but a little different.

I actually enjoyed it well enough, I'd rate it like a 6.5 or a 7/10.

I'd rate them as V=III, VI, VII, IV, II, I
>>
>>63818107
>He was probably my favourite part of the movie.

That scene where he and Han were standing on the catwalk, with the red and blue ambient lighting was a top tier moment for sure.
>>
Poe and Finn's friendship
Boyega's acting
Ridley's acting
BB-8 is fucking great
The rivalry developed between Rey and Kylo (and the expectation of how this is gonna pay off in the next episodes)
Lightsaber fights are good again
Chewbacca's rage
>>
>>63817072
Her character is weak. If she was a bad actress, like Hamill or Andersen, the film would have tanked.
>>
>>63816496
It really pushes home that stormtroopers only know one thing and thats to be a storm trooper and anything else outside of that is alien to them.
>>
>>63816243
>see movie with qt gf
>she whispers his booping noises occasionally to me when he makes them
>>
>>63816630
>it looked like classic SW
I think you're lying. The majority of shots I can recall were very close, unlike the other films where the shots were never really closer than hips-up of characters (or were very rare).
>>
>>63816108
>All Han Solo moments and dialogue
>BB-8 was amazing
>Finn is a cool character
>Looking forward to Ren's development, cause they could take him from angry teen edgelord to a more mature sith if they wanted to, like what should have fucking happened to Analkin in III
>that blowing up Starkiller Base had more in common with Death Star II than it had in common with blowing up Death Star I
>>
>>63817546
>Phasma was wasted I think, but she was good in both of her scenes.
She just seemed like a bit of a special snowflake for no reason. Broke the neo-Imperial aesthetic for not really any reason as far as I could see, she better be developed the FUCK out of in the next two movies because at the moment she could have been replaced by an anonymous officer.
>>
>>63816108
I liked Kylo Ren
>>
>>63816243
>see movie with gf
>she keeps making beep boop noises when we have sex
>>
>>63819725
>>that blowing up Starkiller Base had more in common with Death Star II than it had in common with blowing up Death Star I

So another mediocre rehash.
>>
>>63816529
THIS
>>
>>63819792
Yes bls
>>
>>63819812
but not the same one people are bitching about.

How can you take their "B-B-B-BUT CARBON COPY" opinions seriously when they don't even know what the fuck they're talking about

and it was more or less reminiscent of Death Star II battle, not even a fucking copy
it had pretty much nothing in common with Death Star I
>>
>>63819886
aside form "SUPER WEAPON" and "HAN SOLO SAVES THE DAY" of course

that's literally it.
Thats' what all the superweapon battles have in common too
Han shoots vader, or plants charges/takes shields down somehow so that the shit tier rebels even have a chance
>>
>>63819742
>She just seemed like a bit of a special snowflake for no reason. Broke the neo-Imperial aesthetic for not really any reason as far as I could see
She's was in charge of brainwashing storm troopers, and not brainwashed herself. Their uniformity is part of their brainwashing, and she dresses differently because there's no need for her to submit to the uniformity that she enforces on everyone else. The reason that she wears armor at all is because she goes into the field, unlike most of the officers. Why that's necessary is something I don't know. The original trilogy contained several named officers who had very minor roles.
>>
>>63819886
>sends flight of X-wings to attack big dwarf planet superweapon
>WHAT?? THATS NOTHING LIKE THE DEATH STAR I YOU FUCKING AUSTISMIC FUCK ASFJSABFKFQP

To be fair it was like a crossbreed between the two. There was a starfighter attack force rather than a fleet and there was also a confrontation between a father and son inside.
>>
>>63819946
>She's was in charge of brainwashing storm troopers
Really? Was that explained in the movie?
I'm starting to get the impression I was asleep for half the movie without realizing it.
>>
>>63819987
She orders Finn to her division to inspect his blaster. After (presumably) finding he hadn't fired a single shot on Jakku, she put in an order to have him "reconditioned". After he defects, she shows Hux(?) records of his indoctrination.
>>
>>63819987
It was implied, I think. Part of her job was to monitor the success of their brainwashing, she knew statics about its success, and she was the one who decided when people needed to be reprogrammed. She was at least a key part of it, if not in charge of it.
>>
>>63820042
But surely that was just her being a commanding officer and having access to her grunt's information?

While we're on the topic what was that one line about clones someone said? I misheard it and I was stunned a bit thinking "they're not fucking clones though"
>>
>>63817863
>says this on /tv/
>/tv/ is television and film
>star wars is a film
>assumes everyone on here is a redditor
>anon has autism

Whos the real faggot now?
>>
>>63819963
Okay, I'll give you that.
Maybe that's why it felt more like a homage than a carbon copy of either, I guess

Still, that doesn't change that Han Solo saves the day every time. I guess he won't anymore though :(
>>
>>63820095

Kylo Ren was questioning their methods of gaining soldiers and said "perhaps we should just use a clone army" because of his perceived difference in their loyalty I guess
>>
>>63820199
I have a feeling Snoke HAS a clone army or at least the technology to create one pretty quickly
>>
>>63820230
I wouldn't be surprised
>>
>>63816951

that's really my only complain with the movie.

>feels remorse for fallen comrade
>refuses to follow an order to kill rebel scum
>later he not only kills his former comrades with no hesitation, but seems to enjoy it.

At least if he would've lamented about it a little bit...
>>
>>63817370

Yeah, that was actually one of my favorite moments looking back at the movie
>>
>>63817538

It seems like it's set up for fin and phasma to do battle in one of the sequels
>>
I liked Ray and Rens final battle. Disappointed with Finn in that scene but I believe he has lots of potential. Maybe he will learn how to use a damn light saber next time around

But aside from that. I was very satisfied with the movie call me a faggot but I'd give it a decent 9.5/10

I would have given it the other .5 but, fucking phasma man. What a wasted character.
>>
>>63820162
Someone said Harrison Ford was on the cast list for IIX. Maybe he'll be a force ghost kek

Who am I kidding though it'll probably just be flashbacks of Ren's past

>>63820230
>>63820199
He can build a planet sized superweapon so I wouldn't put it past him.
>inb4 it's clones of Han Solo, explaining why he is on the cast list for IIX
>>
>>63817546
>JJ's direction felt Trek-ish in places (especially on Solo's freighter), but he did a great job overall.

That's because all JJ ever wanted to do was make a Star Wars movie so he turned Star Trek into his version of Star Wars. It's why the new Star Trek movies are terrible but TFA is good.
>>
>>63820230
What if the Knights of Ren are clones?
>>
>>63817836

But that's the main theme of star wars, OT and NT both had the same theme.
>>
>>63817072
I feel like Rey's acting is getting a lot of criticism because she's not doing the standard Star Wars NOOOOOO FATHERRRRRR WHYYYYY YOUNGLINGSSSSSS BENNNNN LUUUUKKE shtick, and is instead kinda understated. If she did the exact same performance in any other movie you'd not raise an eyebrow.
>>
>>63817481
>Poe not in top three
fuck you
>>
>>63820384
a Han Solo clone army would mean the end of all opposition
>>
You know what the merit for me was? Those lovely Resistance uniforms.
>earthy colours
>looks formal/disciplined
>>
>>63816108
John Breathenigga?

No. It had all the staples of being a token black character. The actor didn't do much justice to it, either.

Poe was neat
Finn could have been neat if it wasn't for agenda filling token casting. Taking away from that, a bit less on the "I know this looks like it, but i can explain" stereotyping racism situations, and yeah, we have a nice character. Can't fight with a lightsaber for shit, but at least he tried!

BB-8 was neat, but i still wouldn't buy it because disney merchandising. Fuck disney's licencing.

>>63816181
>Darth Ren
Nigga, he was the worst of the movie. "Look granpa, i found yer hat. Whisper sweet nothings of the darkside into my ear, so i can CRAWL IN MY SKIN, and that these WOUNDS WILL NOT HEAL!" ONE. FUCKING. SCENE.

>Also offs Han because "I need your help daddy, now let's go home, make pudding and kill a planet while at it."
Bipolar shit writing.

Rey was a really nice change of pace, although i could have enjoyed a bit... quirkiness with BB-8 and Rey. We'll see later.
It's a remake of episode IV. Serves both good and bad for the flick.
>>
>>63816292
I thought that was the main problem. It's unoriginal and basically a remake. A good remake, but one nonetheless.
>>
File: Black-Hole-5.jpg (66 KB, 615x352) Image search: [Google]
Black-Hole-5.jpg
66 KB, 615x352
> MFW only schills deal in positives of jew jews movie
>>
>>63816108
I liked the forest fight. It was a simple idea that was executed well in contrast to the overdesigned, overchoreographed trash in the prequels
>>
>>63816108
I liked that they did a lot of stuff without the Force and lightsabers for most of the movie.

I liked that we saw new Force powers.

I liked that scene where they're charging the Starkiller. I thought the visual of it sucking the energy from the sun there was cool.

I liked that they weren't Sith, but something similar. I liked that it wasn't the Death Star, but something similar. I liked that it wasn't Tatooine, but something similar. I liked that it wasn't the Cantina (or called a cantina, because why the fuck would every bar in the galaxy be a fucking cantina?), but something similar.

In general, I liked that they went with same but different. They road the line of not retreading the same dumb shit while also not giving something entirely new that doesn't feel like Star Wars.

My favorite character in it was Kylo Ren. I feel like, of all the characters, he's the best fleshed (there's a lot of rushing in the film). Again, similar to Vader, but different enough to be his own character. He's not old with a quiet menace to him: he's young, he's wild, and he's eager to prove himself.

Oh, and the lightsaber fights were really top-notch. Unlike the prequels, where they're swinging around at air and flipping around like ninjaclowns, there was weight to each attack. When they got hit, it was harsh and brutal, instead of cartoonishly "oops you got me guess I'm dead." I loved Kylo toying with Finn and not taking him seriously.

Oh, and BB-8 was really great. They also got the humor right in this one for the most part.
>>
>>63818107
>Rating Empire as high as Revenge

Holy shit were you dropped on the head as a child?
>>
I liked how the lightsaber fights had weight. Sorta realistic, like the original fights.

Surprised but glad Kylo Ren didn't do jumps and flips.
>>
Old Han, the sjw bitch, and the r2d2 knock off where the only good characters.

Finn is literally retarded.
>>
>>63820860
Why the fuck should lightsabers have weight?
>>
>>63816404
>the CGI integrates seamlessly with the prop stuff
when will this meme end?

CGI has never been good and will never be good until they get past the uncanniness of it

so many otherwise good movies have been ruined by CGI but this is not one of them because this movie would still have been shit
>>
stop it /tv/, it was great

CONS:
clunky hamfisted exposition

PROS:
everything else
>>
File: 1450481252992.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1450481252992.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
Best Star Wars yet. Anyone one that hates it is desperately clinging onto their own thoughts on what Star Wars should be when they're nothing but wrong. Cant fucking wait for VIII.
>>
>>63821028
If you really love this movie, then you have to love A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back because TFW borrows heavily from those films.
>>
>>63821028

this desu senpai

probably the comfiest and most fun movie i've seen in a while

>dem goosebumps when the opening credits started
>Chewie is basically terminator
>QT Rey
>Finn is gonna make a great new Han Solo
>gorgeous CGI
>based human villain
>>
>>63821028
>that fucking lightsaber
Still dumb as fuck!
>>
>>63817546
I agree with all of this, except it's just a little too similar in main plot elements for me to give it a 9/10. I loved it, and felt thrilled the entire time, but sometimes I felt like JJ decided to remake the original film for the new generation who had never seen or appreciated the original. But in terms of direction, visuals, characters, everything it was fantastic.

8.5/10

The only scene I felt could have been done better was the end one, maybe because I saw it in 3D but during the last panning shot I couldn't see shit. It should have ended with Ridley arriving at the top of the hill, then the camera pans upward and Luke turns around and the scene cuts immediately after the dramatic reveal. Or I would have been entirely fine with them saving Luke for the next film and replacing the last scene with a resistance funeral for Han Solo.
>>
>>63821104
>>based human villain
>throws temper tantrums, not a disciplined sith master at all

>>63821114
I was hoping at least a passing explanation would be given as to why it's so silly
>>
File: Never tell me the fandom.gif (2 MB, 360x204) Image search: [Google]
Never tell me the fandom.gif
2 MB, 360x204
>tfw Ford can finally be at peace
>>
>>63820965
Stylistic choice. The OT had some weight to it, the prequels were pretty much weightless. The OT gets away with things because they didn't really have much choice back then as to how things were executed due to limited effects. The prequels wanted to show how Jedi were superheroes and had lightsaber fights be lightshows.
>>
>>63821154
Okay, it's unuseful in combat.
The cross guard would have been useful for deflecting, but as is, it's a straight hazard for any user.

Okay, finn got hurt with it while fighting, but that nigga don't know shit about lightsaber combat.

Then Rey got the upper hand and used the same gimmick against Ben.

It looks like two exhaust ports, not useful, not beneficial, goes against everything a lightsaber is/was, etc.

Overall, a nice concept, on paper, yadda yadda. But the way it was handled, the teaser, the way it resembles a CROSS, etc.

It's just weak, and silly.
>>
>>63816951
I did not have a problem with this. He left because he knew that his squad mates were evil bastards. He didn't want to kill innocent villagers, and his PTSD scene was in response to watching a bunch of prisoners get mowed down for no reason. He knew that Storm Troopers would kill him without hesitation if given the chance, and that they exist pretty much solely to do evil shit. I wouldn't feel bad about killing them in his shoes. If they were good people they would defect, too. It's not really their fault that they're evil bastards, but if it's a choice between them and you or your friends, it's not a hard choice.
>>
It was good that it wasn't longer.
>>
>>63820965
I meant as presentation. All those spinning shit in the prequels sucked.

It looks cooler WITH weight.
>>
>>63821170
This is just as bad as that Merkel-throwing-away-the-German-flag gif. I had no idea he felt that way about SW.
>>
>>63821196 again, forgot to say this..

>>63820860
It's also a reflection of the level of 'mastery' that none of the characters have. People think of Kylo Ren as a master. I doubt he was taught how to fight by luke because he never made his own lightsaber until his cross guard saber and nobody in their right mind would teach a psycho chid how to kill until they're right in the head.

Finn and Rey obviously didn't have a clue and Finn was just hammering it around like a normal person would and Rey was running for 90% of her fights until from her powerup.
>>
>>63821222
>cross guard
it was not built in as a feature, he had to build it that way because his whatever you put into a lightsaber was cracked or something
>>
File: 1431470656308.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431470656308.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Most of /tv/ seems to forget that this is going to be a trilogy of its own. A majority of the complaints I'm seeing are "It didnt answer every single question."
That or "I was too busy being a cynic to actually focus on whats happening so I can complain things dont make sense later."
>>
>rey drops the door on that thing in the millenium falcon, breaking it's legs
>someone drops a door on harrison ford, injuring his leg

POTTERY
>>
>>63821306
Still retarded and dumb as fuck, silly, and weak.

Why have a "Kylo Ren" """""Darth""""" red lightsaber at all? Could he have done with a force whip? Or such?

It's bullshit. The sith know how to craft a proper saber. Don't tell me the first order didn't have enough reach, manpower, money, or anything to get proper parts.

The only thing that has to sing to it's user is the crystal. That works just as well.
>>
>>63821272
Yeah, he hates it. I don't think he's a fan of sci fi in general, but besides that he didn't get what he wanted for his character, which was to have him die first at the end of the first move, then at the end of the original trilogy, and I think he doesn't like that the movie he's most known for is something he did so early in his career and that it's all anyone ever wants to talk to him about.
>>
>>63821222
I remember there were theories floating around that it needed the exhaust ports because the mechanics of the lightsaber were of too low a quality to properly function without them... but that doesn't make any sense when hermit Jedi can make them without exhaust ports, and Sith can just alchemize crystals.

So either he:
>deliberately made it like that
>had to, because he is too shit of a dark jedi to build one properly (feasible)
>had to, because he did not have access to high enough quality crystals/other components and the capacity to alchemize the crystals or the location of where they were is lost to the First Order

Maybe the Order lacks the knowledge/power to alchemize crystals and he is too weak in the dark side to get his own crystal from the caves which are strong in the force.

I think the second explanation is the best though.
>>
>>63821356
He's not a Sith.
>>
>>63821322
The obvious sequel baiting was very disgusting in its own.

>WE NEED TO FIND LUKE!
>OMG WHERE IS HE
>FIGHT
>CLIMAX DONE
>HAN DIED
>LOLNO FUNERAL, HERE'S YOUR LUKE FOR A MINUTE!

At this point, it feels really disgusting because the old trilogy didn't have this FEATURE STAPLE of new movies. It answered most of the stuff, closed off most things, and let the door be open for possibilities.

TFA on the other hand is desperately trying to make for an interesting trilogy, when it clearly failed after STARKILLER being BIGGER BADDER AND MORE CUT than the DEATHSTAR.
>>
>>63821356
I was starting to think it wasn't actually a lightsaber, but some energy sword since he is a wannabe.

But then I watched the movie and he was trained by Luke, and the thing does have a crystal.
>>
>>63816108
Finn was loveable, and Poe is literally the most likeable character I've seen in a movie, period. Damn Oscar Isaac.
>>
>>63821395
I think you don't understand what i'm saying.
The first order has enough reach and resources.

"""""""""""""""Darth""""""""""""""" != Sith.
I was trying to imply the Darkside's influence.
>>
>>63821422
>waaah its too much like the originals
>waaah it wasnt exactly like the originals
>>
>>63821430
I doubt Luke did that much training with him other than to quell the darkside. People wrongly assume that training with Luke automatically means he was taught everything that Luke knew and is on par with a Jedi Master.

Pick any Padawan in the Clone Wars era and they'd have probably shitslapped Ren in combat.
>>
>>63821451
There is a fine line between nostalgia pandering and THIS IS THE NEW SHIT, and obvious sequel baiting and an elegant solution with an open end.

The treaded the first line sort of well, but not the second.

Yes, i'm picky. It's my fucking money we're talking about, i paid to watch it. I demand to be satisfied. Surely that can be met, at least half-way.

Obvious sequel baiting can fuck right off, along with the cross guard lightsaber bullshit.
>>
>>63821422
>Not fucking hyped to see the fucking ultimate showdown with Rey vs. Kylo after they've both been fully trained in the light and dark side.
I dont know what your point about SK base. The Death Star was destroyed in IV but no one seemed to complain when the series carried on for two more movies.
>>
>tfw Finn was fucking based
I knew it would be this way lads. All those /pol/ shitposters who were spamming hate before the film came out got absolutely BTFO by John Boyega.

Poe and Finn's character chemistry was fantastic. Poe as a whole, fantastic badass.

A great thing with the new "main 3" young characters is they aren't 1 for 1 with the old 3. Rey is most similar to Luke, but even then during the film she is a lot more feisty and rogueish like Han Solo. It wasn't super hard to guess she's end up being the Jedi with the Saber, but the bait and switch they did with the marketing and in the film itself was clever and I wasn't sure until the final confrontation whether or not Finn would be a lightsaber user and both Finn AND Rey would use the force in different ways. Poe is obviously the most badass of the new 3 but has the piloting skills of Luke. So basically what I'm saying is the Finn, Poe and Rey are very strong new characters who are their own people and THIS is what carries the film more than anything else.

Kylo Ren was an amazing villain though. My god, the difference between this film and the prequels is incredible. It's like the difference between McDonald's and a Michelin star restaurant. I'd say TFA, while obviously too derivative to be better than the Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars, definitely gives Return of the Jedi steep competition for the third best SW film.

I really want to see this film again. It's the first time I've felt that in a long time. Going to buy a new TV just for when it gets released on bluray desu.
>>
>>63821501
>Yes, i'm picky. It's my fucking money we're talking about, i paid to watch it
i wish you would have started with this line so i could have just disregarded your post from the start. so sorry about that 10 dollars you had to spend like the rest of us.
>>
>>63821510
I already saw the fight in this movie, and can make an educated guess that THE FUCKING LIGHTSIDE WINS, BUY MOAR TICKETS.

IF they do something about Ben's bipolar shit writing and make it feel less rushed, then i'm content with him as a character. As a force user, he's just adept at MIDICHLORIANS. Thank fucking god they never mentioned that abortion anywhere.

My point about the Starkiller base is, what's next? another Starkiller? Galaxy sucker?

Is Snoke going to be on coke?
>>
>>63821558
I can feel the autism in your posts.
>>
>>63821558
Not that guy, but Starkiller is the only thing I can't really see any reason for in this movie. It's so fucking stupid. It does little more than a Death Star and requires far more. An entire planet that sucks up suns to destroy 2-3 planets at the same time is kinda dumb when you could probably make 4-5 Death Stars that are more mobile, don't require celestial bodies and can destroy multiple targets in multiple areas at the same time.
>>
>>63821535
>implying Finn won't reluctantly become a cheeky Jedi who everyone thinks will reject Luke's offer of training but is seen to accidentally reveal his lightsabre as he stumbles in the final scene of IX
>>
>>63821535
make sure you wipe the cum from your eyes
>>
>>63821535
>John boyega
>Acting was okay
>Was a token, agenda filling black character. Rest of the universe was mostly white as fuck. Aliens don't count in this case.
>Was in several situations, starting the movie with Stealing a ship, then stealing another ship, then stealing a saber, then stealing our hearts.

He's a criminal alright.

If it weren't for the stereotypical racism situations with the "I know how it looks like, i can explain" bullshit, then it would have been nice.

Also, the previous post about a complete 180° in alignment is also right, it felt really sudden.

Unless Finn's also force sensitive and he had an awakening, and heard the cries. Or some other bullshit.

>>63821536
Really? Just because i want something i paid for, deliberately wanted to see and be satisfied, to be good, i'm suddenly not able to form a valid opinion?
>>
>>63821638
it was a good movie. great even. stop reaching for the hate straws and just accept it.
>>
>>63821605
EVERYTHING HAS TO BE BIGGER

BIGGER IS BETTER

JUST LIKE THE BBC
>>
>>63821501
>sequel baiting
>it's the first in a trilogy
>this was known from the start
Why are you upset that part 1 of 3 set up conflicts and plot lines that continue into part 2? I'm confused. Did you feel this way at the end of LOTR: Fellowship of the ring because it ended on unresolved story? Sam/Frodo left the group and wandering into the unknown, while Aragorn and co. chase after the kidnapped hobbits. I bet you didn't have an issue with that.

Come on man, don't be so nitpicky. Just try and enjoy shit.
>>
>>63821660
Re-read my post.
>then stealing our hearts.
>>
>>63821628
Nice one line reply, have one in kind :)
>>
Was I the only one to spot Craig cameo?
>>
>>63820530

You sound like a weird puppet. A trained bird, just barking a summary of /tv/ opinions

a glib facsimile, if you will
>>
>>63821638
>Was a token, agenda filling black character. Rest of the universe was mostly white as fuck. Aliens don't count in this case.
You obviously didn't see the shit loads of minorities in the First Order's bridges/control rooms. Same with the Hosian planet before they got BTFO by the Starkiller.
>>
>>63821612
>implying Finn won't become the greatest smuggler in the galaxy with his new buddy Chewie and wingman Poe
>>
>>63821736
Really? Cause i haven't been to TV in a while.
Maybe /tv/ is a big hivemind, go on, call it that too.

It's lovely that if i disagree or don't enjoy everything, i'm a "trained bird", a "facsimile". You card.
>>
>tfw /pol/ hates the film because they are basically edgelords like Kylo Ren and are portrayed as the baddies

Thank you based JJ
>>
>>63821737
I did see them. It's still obvious as fuck why they went with this route.

Mace windu didn't feel agenda-casted. He was just true.

Finn on the other hand, has to work extra hard in the sequels to get away from the "Das' a nigga mane, looking for the white wimminz, watermelons, guns, and kfc. Bix nood." stereotypical situations.
>>
>>63821114
Best fucking saber design ever. Way more threatening that dual sided sabers ever were thats for sure. God damn that thing looked sexy af in combat.
>>
>>63821665
There is a difference between setting up for conflicts and sacrificing the ability of a movie to be a standalone artwork.

I don't think it totally does that but there are some things that are so incredibly underdeveloped (Poe, Phasma, et cetera) that it's hard to appreciate it. Episode IV, for instance, is a successful overture to SW but can stand on its own legs. Maybe that's just because it was the first one made, idk.

Just... the lack of context development, you know? We're shown maybe five seconds of developed civilization (the New Republic Capitol which I still can't reason why it wouldn't be Coruscant) and the destruction of it is given nearly no significance. What is the scale of the First Order? What is the scale of the Republic/Resistance? So many questions.
>>
>>63821813
>best fucking saber design ever
I can't believe it's not a force dildo gun yet.

come on, make up something more retarded. Call it the best, won't make it though.
>>
>>63816243
bb8 sucked, he just emulates a dog.

Also c3po looks worse in each trilogy, the third trilogy cementing that
>>
>>63821759
>implying he won't be a smuggler-jedi
>gets into barfights because he's obviously unnaturally good at pazaak
>>
>>63820387
>TFA is good
I think you mean about as mediocre as it gets.
>>
>>63821891
>Snoke is C3P0 from the future
Midichlorians, ain't gotta explain shit. Heard it here first.
>>
>>63821848
It is the best and no matter how much it triggers your autism it will forever be part of the cannon and future of Star Wars :^)
>>
File: 1432284633895.jpg (69 KB, 712x750) Image search: [Google]
1432284633895.jpg
69 KB, 712x750
Just got out of the movie, and now my first instinct is to shitpost about it.
Things I liked:
>Stormtroopers in action
>more Stormtroopers in action
>the SIEG HEIL NUKE CORUSCANT speech
>The colorful pirate bar with all the neat ayy lmaos
>Kylo Ren was the best developed character in the movie
>lightsaber fight seemed old style, no sheev spins
>new grand Sheev replacement Snookie was ok. But i question the need for sheev 2.0
Most of its flaws are commonly recited by other people so i dont need to list them.

Just too much nostalgia references, shaky cam, shit cgi, and so many little shots you know JJ jewed and went cheap route on. Also I was hoping for some god tier fan-porn of Captain Phasma femdom stepping on my dick BUT THEY LITERALLY THROW HER IN THE TRASH. WELL MEMED JJ.

I give it a 8/10. It was a generally fun watch despite the problems.
>>
>>63816108
I liked when they went to that planet so they could get a different ship because the millenium falcon is too easy to find and then they leave said planet in the millenium falcon and use it to attack the enemys base
>>
File: roarofchinas[1].jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
roarofchinas[1].jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>>63821928
>Cannon
OH YES.
>>
>>63821944
Don't forget that they then used the Falcon to go visit Luke
>>
>>63821942
Who spot the wilhelm scream?
I did.
>>
File: keira_knightley_headband_p.jpg (107 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
keira_knightley_headband_p.jpg
107 KB, 666x1000
>>63816630
Rey I thought the protagonist was kira knightly
>>
>>63821988
shit, where was it? I was half looking out for it but didn't notice anything.
>>
>>63821535
It's exactly the bland performance I expected of him.
>>
>tfw you're only the one who spotted daniel craig's cameo
>>
>>63818107
Did I watch a different cut of 3 than all of these people claiming it was good?

What the fuck is going on.
>>
>>63817370
this
>>
>>63822003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7eCGbt1XTU

It was during Finn's escape from the base with Poe, i believe. When he was firing the guns. It's very easy to miss, but i was expecting it. Of course, behold it in it's true glory! It was there, and i was a happy camper. Although, would have been much happier if they just recorded something new to replace the wilhelm.
>>
the acting was pretty decent.

was interesting to see the world in a different directorial style. Abrams' shot coordination is a lot like Spielberg's - in my opinion a lot more immersive, especially for action scenes, which sadly dominate a lot of the screen time.

the rivalry between Rey and Kylo is pretty great I think. they're in for a really good fight scene.

ending was hilarious
>>
>>63821322
>entrance literally says EEEYE (lmao)
>>
I'm going to say that the lightsaber fight between Kylo Ren and Rey is the best lightsaber fight in the entire Star Wars saga. It had a perfect mix of NT's more fluid movements but OT's sense of purpose and every blow having impact. NT fights had way more choreography but all the movement felt kind of wasted in the longer duels. OT had the impactful moments, but of course it looked kind of stiff due to the technological constraints.
>>
>>63822023
he what?
>>
File: 5674F1E8426CB70037.jpg (366 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
5674F1E8426CB70037.jpg
366 KB, 800x1185
Japan, you so crazy.
>>
I swear none of you fucks have any godam taste and you must be shills from reddit

Only good thing in this movie was Han Solo.

Finn acted like some american punk, totally out of line as a fucking stormtrooper.

Lightsaber duels were fucking retarded.
And they would be retarded by definition since there is no finesse nor discipline.

It's literally a Young Sith (who for some fucking reason loses his skill against the good guys) vs a chick who has no training and the black guy.

Random lunges, random blocks thats it.

If you think the lightsaber fights were 'good' you must be a shill.

They were not good, even by design.
>>
>>63822066
really? I hated reys acting and everywhere else fell flat. Solo was the only good actor
>>
>>63822204
yo im with you although not that vocal

>>63822216
>>
>>63822123
Fuck yes. When Finn was holding his own against Kylo it was so fucking perfectly intense. Then the whole sequence with Rey. It wasnt drastically over the top and felt weighted and had emotion. Best saber fight to date.
>>
>>63822204
>liking things=reddit
Only a shitposter deals in absolutes
>>
>>63822216
>omitting based Isaac
that's why I don't go so often on /tv/ anymore
>>
File: 6584639346790.gif (2 MB, 255x232) Image search: [Google]
6584639346790.gif
2 MB, 255x232
>>63822204
>this whole post
>>
Anyone who thought the sabre duels were good is just baiting.

They aren't good, nor are they meant to be good since its a girl and a guy with absolutely no training nor familiarity with lightsabres against a trained jedi.

The only thing you can get out of the fight is how stupid it is a trained jedi can't outfight them.

Before you say he is injured, do remember he force pushed Rey so hard up into a tree she was immobilized for awhile.
>>
Best memes to come out of the movie?

I liked THE FORCE DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.
>>
>>63822204
Reddit hates the new Star Wars, you must be the redditor here.
>>
>>63822023
>>63822126
He was the stormtrooper who let Rey escape before Kylo gets to her again.
>>
>Ep8 will be Poe and Finn broing it out on the Falcon with Chewie

Hype as fuck.
>>
>>63822318
Isn't leddit banning anyone discussing the movie because spoilers?
>>
File: UAgsujz.jpg (460 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
UAgsujz.jpg
460 KB, 2000x3000
Rey was a serious qt. I look forward to seeing her eyes water when Finndu plunges in the bbc without mercy.
>>
File: 1450521617889.png (2 MB, 1720x820) Image search: [Google]
1450521617889.png
2 MB, 1720x820
>>63822301
I like how anyone liking this genuinely great movie makes you sperg out over and over. Keep it up this is fun to read.
>Pic related
Amazing saber design.
>>
I don't know which made me harder, when Ren stopped the blaster, or when Rey snatched the lightsaber.
>>
>>63822408
>genuinely great

Genuinely gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>63822301
>in order for a scene to be good, the characters in it must be masters of whatever it is they are doing
That doesn't make any sense.

Also, getting hit with a bowcaster is probably a lot worse than getting knocked against a tree. And if he quit during his training, he was never a Jedi.
>>
Thought it was great would have changed two things

>End scene with the helicopter shot

>When they get back to the resistance, Chewy walks into the crowd to celebrate. Would have been better if he just hung back and sat next to the Falcon all hunched over and depressed.

The rest was solid
>>
>>63822402
Jedi can't have relationships
>>
>>63822456
If you didn't realize anon.
The bowcaster shot would destroy Kylo Ren if this movie had any sort of consistency.

Literally numerous scenes just before had Han Solo orgasming over it because of how godam strong it was compared to a normal blaster.
>>
Funny how before TFA came out TV was quick to judge Boyega calling him a nigger and all sorts of shit, and now Fin's everyone's favourite character. Typical bullshit TV thinking they know everything before they've seen the film
>>
File: image.png (351 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
351 KB, 450x600
>>63822506
Not mine. Rey is the new waifu
>>
>>63822490
Trooper armor sucks for the same reason that TIE fighters don't have shields: Troopers are considered expendable. That doesn't mean that Kylo's armor is completely worthless.
>>
>>63822506
no one likes boyega.

He doesn't even try to act like a stormtrooper with training, he goes right into black nigger in the ghetto role.

It was hilarious.
>>
>>63822301
>They aren't good, nor are they meant to be good
ur head is so far up your ass lmao.

yeah, Abrams was like, "listen guys, this fight isn't meant to be good. let's make this fight not good, alright people? ok action."

and don't get me wrong, he's a hack, but only in the sense that he bites Spielberg's style so fucking hard.

i get what you're saying, but the choreography, given the circumstances of the characters (Kylo injured - Rey, uh, force awakening?) was pretty damn good.
>>
>>63822506
i felt like writing a report on how having ogabooga in the movie was not progressive in the slightest and reinforces negative stereotypes. Its true, hes character is so "black" its crazy
>>
>>63822537
>bowcaster shots so strong even Han Solo praises it
>launches stormtroopers in the air from the force of the blast
>can launch multiple stormtroopers from the sheer force of its explosion

This happened like 5 minutes prior to the scene with Kylo where he just knelt from being shot.

It was an inconsistency.
>>
>>63822506
>TV
your newfag is showing.
>>
The first Act was ok, it had potential.

As soon as they leave Jakku and run into Solo it all goes to shit though.
>>
>>63822250
he was alright i suppose. However any merits in his acting are shadowed by the poor script that drew way too much "inspiriation" from episode 4
>>
>>63822459
i wouldn't say it was great. it was a decent Star Wars movie, but i'm 100% with you on that helicopter shot lmao. that whole ending in fact was just hilarious, and held it's worth in that right, but is unfortunate for the movie. how the fuck did they think that would be passable?
>>
>>63822592
the fight would be good if it contrasted the SKILL of kylo Ren against the un-skilled and 'never even seen a damn lightsabre' Finn and Rey.

It became a long drawn out fight sequence that made no sense since Kylo could have ended it with his supra strong force push (as he did anyway right at the start).

And the 10 minute drawn out scene with him and rey closeup and Rey closes her eyes for 5 of those 10 minutes was absolutely hilariously bad.
>>
>>63816630
>Poe/Finn BROmance
there was a moment i swear they were going to kiss
>>
>>63822459
hd had such a climactic build up but the seen itself was an anticlimax that was ingored by all, onlt chewie showed a human response. Was a tear even shed by anyone?
>>
>>63817546
The story is only a "rehash" or rip off if you already had low expectations or prejudices going in, and wanted something to criticize.

Or if you've watched star wars.
>>
>>63822647
i see what you're saying with the contrasting of the skill vs. what should've been beginners luck or whatever. but again, Kylo was injured. maybe it affected his concentration? he kept beating his chest like he was trying to psych himself into toughing out the pain.

completely agree with you on those closeups tho lol. and then again at the end. i lol'd for real
>>
>>63816108
Humor, set ups and pay offs were good. Acting was pretty good for a Star wars movie. I was afraid about Finn's character but he turned out well.
Poe should've gotten more screen time.
>>
i feel like this is a really dumb question, but
phasma died, right?
>>
>>63822598
Are you willing to accept FTL and Wookies, and the Death Star, but not armor that works better than Kevlar?

>Han shoots Storm Troopers with his own blaster in Return of the Empire
>They die
>Han shoots Vader with the same blaster
>nothing happens
Those blasts land, too; He wasn't stopping them with the force, like Kylo apparently can. I think the cannon explanation was that his glove was indestructible or something, but one hits him in the torso. He doesn't react at all.
>>
>>63822799
...good fucking point, did they put her in a trash compactor or what?
>>
>>63822799
It was implied that she was put into a trash compactor on a planet that was later destroyed. There was time for her to have escaped, I think.
>>
>>63822768
>Humor, set ups and pay offs were good
what was funny in it? black dude getting zapped by bb8?

also it pissed me off that everyone clapped at the end of it, like seriously it wasnt even the premier night
>>
I could really see myself being interested in a Ben Solo(not calling him that emo ass fake name) redemption arc but they need to do it right. A part of me doesn't know how he will come back from murdering his own father but hey Anakin love chocked Padme to death and then turned it around for Luke. I'm just not sure what could push Ben back to the light side if Han couldn't do it
>>
>>63822800
If a shot from the death star only staggered Kylo Ren.

I'd think that would be inconsistant too.
The entire leadup to that scene had Han Solo and Chewwy using the bowcaster that launched stormtroopers across the room.
>>
>>63822844
The answer to my question seems to be "yes".
>FTL travel totally fine
>planet destroying spacecraft, no problem
>lightsabers, seems legit
>telekinetic cyborgs, pretty cool stuff
>armor that saves its wearer from something that normally knocks someone across a room, completely inconceivable
>>
>>63822946
Except anon.

The movie does not refer to this super armor you speak of.

You making shit up kinda proves you are wrong.
>>
>>63822647

I compare Rey winning the duel, with Luke being able to outfly Vader in ANH. They were able to center themselves and let the force guide them. Kylo is a strong force user but it's all unfocused rage and inferiority complexes. Sheev would have had a field day with Kylo.
>>
>>63823018
>what is a helmet
Does it make any sense at all to only wear armor above the neck?
>>
>>63821154
>leave training and go to dark side
>miss lightsaber building 101
>build one anyway
>unstable as fuck, needs energy vents to work

or something like that
>>
>>63823028
luke had training from 2 masters, rey has never even met a jedi or known of force using
>>
>>63823041
>every stormtrooper hurled through the room and one-shotted
>but the bad guy only gets staggered.

The only 'plausible' explanation at this point is Jedi have super force-enhanced bodies that can shrug off energy bolts.
>>
>>63823028
Luke didn't outfly Vader, he was simply more 'skilled' and took longer for Vader to lock down.

Literally the entire scene is Han saving Lukes ass because vader got him on his sights at the end.
>>
>>63822751

He kept hitting his wound to get angry, Sith use their anger in battle. Rey was all panicked and defensive until she was able to calm down and center herself.
>>
>>63821015
I would add lack of tension to the cons, due to the former.

Other than that, the pacing was great. It didn't feel like there was any lull in the scenes and it felt like if they strung it out for another half hour or so, the hamfisting would've been resolved by some scenes that wound up on the cutting room floor. My guess is they're saving that for some extended / director's cut release down the line.
>>
>>63823140
>I literally cannot comprehend the idea that some armor might be more effective than other armor
>>
>>63823188
>i have to make up that there existed some super armor that he was using which was not stated or shown anywhere in the movie.

Making shit up isn't a valid argument.
>>
>>63823121

Luke had a little guidance from Obi-wan in A new hope, not exactly enough training to outfly an Ace pilot and force powerhouse like Darth Vader.
>>
>>63821222
>Okay, it's unuseful in combat.
Jesus, shut the fuck up.

NEVER will anyone in these movies accidentally cut themselves with a lightsaber in the middle of the fight. Maybe, MAYBE during training to show inexperience.

They're Jedi, or Sith, or use the Force, fucking whatever. Nobody who ever picks up a goddamn Lightsaber in any of these movies, books, comics -- whatever -- will ever have to worry about their plasma blade being a liability.

It's goddamned idiotic to complain about the practicality of a motherfucking LASER SWORD in the Star Wars universe.
>>
Poe is moe
>>
>>63823222
He was obviously wearing armor. He is wearing his helmet in most of his scenes. Storm troopers also wear armor. Storm troopers get hit, they die. He gets hit, he doesn't. His armor must be more effective. That's not making shit up, that's stupidly simple logic.
>>
>>63823312
Stormtroopers don't just die, they get flung 10 ft away. He doesn't weigh more than a fully outfitted stormtrooper so fuck knows why he isn't also flung across the room and down the bottomless pit.
>>
>>63823140
you are overthinking it. Probably kylo stopped some of the force of the plasma bullet with The Force (tm)
>>
>>63823312
>He just happened to wear extra awesome armor.

Btw that doesn't actually stop kinetic force from something that can throw stormtroopers around like rag dolls.

With armor like that, he could tank entire demolition charges.

Which would be even more hilariously stupid.
>>
>>63823416
Well, the guy can stop bolts in midair, so who's to say he doesn't concentrate some of that ability reflexively, like Iron Body technique in kung fu?
>>
>>63821114
I too was iffy about it, but I fell in love with it after seeing the film.
Kylo obviously wants to be a badass so badly, he built an impractical saber just to look cool.
>>
>>63823478
He might be able to do that.

In which case Kylo Ren has superseded every jedi master and sith lord by now, which you know kinda makes sense sinse he can already perma freeze energy bolts.

Not even Vader could pull that shit off at the height of his power.
>>
>>63823393
Armor works by distributing the force/energy of an impact. It's not a stretch to think that sci-fi armor might also be able to absorb or redirect it, but it's also possible that he stopped himself from flying off of the catwalk with the force. We know that people can use the force on their own bodies, to a limited extent.

>>63823416
>An extremely high ranking officer "just happens" to wear better armor than he gives troops who he considers to be expendable
Storm Troopers don't choose their armor. He does. He has more resources than your typical Storm Trooper. He considers Storm Troopers to be expendable, or the TIE fighters (which have obviously been redesigned since the fall of the Empire) would have shields, like the Resistance fighters.
>>
>>63823540
Distributing force or energy doesn't equate to dissipating it anon.

Body armor in the real world doesn't let you walk through shotgun shot's because it was 'distributing' the kinetic force.

If you understood 'distributing' you'd understand a concentrated penetration if distributed has more chance to 'blow you the fuck away across the room' it simply may not punch a hole straight through you.

Your mental gymnastics is really reaching here.
>>
>>63823227
My trips confirmed it to be true, nigger.
"Jesus, shut the fuck up"
>I can't contradict any of what he said, i can't be contrarian, or have a good point, or demonize him because he's autistic as fuck anyway
>J-JUST SHUT UP, CROSS-GUARD-SEMPAI HAVEN'T NOTICED ME. Y-YET! Uguu~
>>
>>63823639
If you'd read the second sentence of my post you'd know that I do understand that.
>>
>>63820530
I liked that his first move with a lightsaber was to shank some guy prison style.
>>
>>63816108
I liked the main characters, the action and visuals were nice, and it was great seeing the old cast again.
>>
>>63820530
>>Also offs Han because "I need your help daddy, now let's go home, make pudding and kill a planet while at it."
>Bipolar shit writing.

Are you an idiot? There was nothing bipolar about that. He said there was something he had needed to do for a long time but didn't think he had the strength to do it. He was quite obviously talking about finding the strength to finally kill his father. He asked Han if he would help him, Han probably knew too, I knew because I'm a not an idiot, and then they did it 'together'

then Han fell from the dark bridge to the light below, which was kinda cool
>>
I like how Force is again about mind-reading, seeing future and mystical stuff like this, not just force-push and "at level 10 you unlock force lightning"
>>
>>63817863
t. the /tv/ hivemind
>>
Kylo Ren was awesome before he took off the mask

Finn was great

The story seemed to have a great setup for the movie before everything spun out of control

Kylo Ren's Lightsaber is perfect despite the initial reveal

Han Solo was perfect

The BB-8 fit into the droid sidekick role nicely. Seemed distinct from C3po and R2D2
>>
>>63823639
And if you still think "armor that stops a shot is better armor than armor that doesn't stop a shot" is "mental gymnastics", that says more about you than it does about me. "Somebody who can exert force on things with his mind would be able to stop himself from being knocked off a catwalk" is barely more complex.
>>
>>63823827
>Kylo Ren was awesome before he took off the mask
I liked him even more after he revealed his face.
The idea that the villain is just a regular dude who's trying to be a hardass is great.
>>
Fantastic aliesn/costumes.

The last saber fight.

Rey was good (even if she was a Mary Sue)

BB8 was best character.

I liked Kylo Ren.

Poe and Finn had a great bromance.

Chewie.

It was as fun as the OT.

Fantastic dog fights.
>>
>>63823905
This.
>>
File: 500_john_boyega_SW_501376848.jpg (55 KB, 500x676) Image search: [Google]
500_john_boyega_SW_501376848.jpg
55 KB, 500x676
>>63816108
>yfw Fin was Great
>yfw /pol/ was wrong
>yfw Blacks are okay

Am I a SJW now?
>>
>>63823967
Why is he wearing a glove?
>>
>>63823992
So you would ask?
>>
>>63823992
I think he was trolling people as to the nature of his character. Not sure though.
>>
>>63823992
he lost his hand during filming
>>
>>63824013
>I think he was trolling people as to the nature of his character.

Fucking Eh
Based Boyega
>>
>>63823992
>2015
>not having a designated "fingering white bitches" hand
>not protecting it with a glove

Pleb
>>
>>63824191
I once tried jerking off with a glove. Was pretty great.
>>
Han Solo

Thats about it.

Finn acted like some american kid
Rey was ok outside jedi power scenes.

So yeh trainwreck of a film basically.
>>
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2 MB, 832x1216
more of this guy pls
>>
>>63821422
I'M TYPING
WITH ALL CAPS
>>
>>63824240
I love Oscar Isaac so much, holy shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.