[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars is dead. This film killed the franchise forever. For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: theforcedawaken.jpg (185 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
theforcedawaken.jpg
185 KB, 1920x1080
Star Wars is dead. This film killed the franchise forever. For all the flaws the prequels had, at least they had a soul. This movie was nothing but a sterile, manufactured product designed to make as much money as possible. There was no love put into this movie whatsoever. It simply exists to exist, not to invoke any sense of imagination or wonder. And yet people on this very board will still eat it up because of a brand name. You fucking make me sick.
>>
>>63815792
I can't tell if you're legitimately butthurt or just baiting, but nevertheless, I agree.

I don't go to any hardcore Star Wars forums, how are they taking it? Anybody on those places just fucking losing it?
>>
>>63815792
>sterile, manufactured product

Holy shit, do you even watch Plinkett reviews?

The prequels were the sterile ones. All lifeless, boring acting, boring politics, boring action.
>>
>>63815792
It's not just you faggot.

Most of us predicted it would be a 6-7/10 safe rehash of ANH diluted of quality.

Disney is going to fucking run this franchise into the ground. They are going to continue pumping up more and more films and milk it out until they can't any longer, and long before then, people will be sick of Star Wars, and the image of it will be destroyed in it's entireity.
>>
File: d7Jh2Ct.png (363 KB, 663x377) Image search: [Google]
d7Jh2Ct.png
363 KB, 663x377
>>63815792
>>
Let your opinion be heard OP, vote here and lets see what /tv/ thinks!

http://strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
>>63815792
>star wars is dead
Yep, 57 mil opening night is pretty bad

>prequels had soul
Now you're just trying too hard
>>
>>63815792
>the prequels had soul
kek
>this killed the franchise
this is going to be the biggest movie of all time and is going to earn a bunch of new young fans the same way each of the last two trilogies did

i didn't love it and recognize a lot of the flaws, but you've gone way too far m8
>>
This is nothing more than a very cunning and soulless marketing machine. I return again to context: the press, the media, the interviews, the posters, the merchandise, everything around this film situates itself in some vague notion of returning to what the series "used to be." Odd that Disney's marketed version of the series' past erases its author and totally disregards his intentions for its thematics, narrative structure, tonality, grammar, and basic storytelling integrity.

And that, in itself, isn't even what bothers me about this thing. If The Force Awakens had effectively taken the Star Wars mythos and run in a new direction with it, I'd be happy. If it had been a sincerely good movie, I'd be happy. My problem is that it features no sincerity and no care for the most basic components of cinema language. While the image-making is pretty generic and workmanlike (albeit too Into Darkness-esque for my liking), the script is just another disaster from the Hollywood assembly line: disconnected events threaded by insipid and shallow moments of fan service. It's almost as if the screenwriters recognized the plot didn't congeal on any fundamental level and, to distract from the fact, inserted intermittent references to popular iconography from the original trilogy as a distraction.

Not to mention, this film relies so heavily on old design elements and still manages to massacre the consistency of the Star Wars aesthetic. Any attempt at new creatures, costumes, and locales is painfully misguided - the additions often look more like discarded design drafts from a Harry Potter sequel or a Syfy TV movie than anything that would exist in this well-established galaxy.
>>
Well, this will probably make billions of dollars for Disney, so they are going to be following this formula for at least the next four movies (in five years), and probably well into the future. So I hope you get used to it, because it isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>63815792
How does it make you feel that for some it will be the first Star Wars movie they will have ever seen?
>>
File: 1440440307969.png (52 KB, 239x246) Image search: [Google]
1440440307969.png
52 KB, 239x246
>For all the flaws the prequels had, at least they had a soul.
>>
>>63815792
>being this much a faggot

The movie was okay. Not bad, but it didn't do anything new or interesting. It road on nostalgia hard and felt more of a setup for the sequel than a stand-alone film. The Poe/Finn bromance was probably the best part.

Harp on the prequels all you want, at least they were memorable. Every movie in that trilogy had something new to offer, be it Podracing, Duel-blades, Kamino, Asteroid chase, Gladiator Arena, Clones vs. Droids, Grievous, and many more. Will any of you remember what happened in this movie a month from now?
>>
>>63815792
The prequels and soul is my favorite new meme to come out of TFA.
>>
>>63815981
>prequels were memorable

Only because they were so fucking bad
>>
>>63815944
Not OP, but as someone who disliked The Force Awakens, I'm not bothered by that. I would imagine that taken out of context, TFA is a solid film on its own. This is a modern reimagining of A New Hope for the millennial, capeshit-loving audience. Kids being entertained by it isn't really surprising or bothersome.
>>
>>63816027
Nice meme. I, too, get all my opinions from Red Letter Media.
>>
>>63815792
I liked the prequels, if only because they attempted to expand, and there is so much more to see than in the OT. Even if you don't like it, just look at all the EU stuff that the prequels spawned.
>>
>>63815939

Yeah, the writing was bad.

I had a few disconnected criticisms but this pretty much sums them up under one banner.

Well done technically, terrible script.
>>
>>63816079
Honestly, if you thought the prequels were good, just kill yourself
>>
File: 1450303181281.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450303181281.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>that great feeling when Star Wars is finally dead
>>
>>63815792

It was a great movie, anon. Everyone has their own opinion.

Like in my opinion, you come off to me as a faggot NEET who must constantly blame all his misery on everything except for himself, and must make fun of normies, blacks and other movies just to make himself feel better. :^)
>>
It's true. It was cringeworthy but at least the prequels had some kind of identifiable emotional character. VII just felt contrived and uninspired beginning to end.
>>
>>63816079
The RLM reviews are some of the most biased, hypocritical, over-analytical, and completely missing the point criticisms I have ever seen.

I wouldn't mind them if the criticisms weren't meant to be taken too seriously ala Nostalgia Critic, CinemaSins, Honest Trailers, HISHE, etc. But retards took it as gospel and resulted in one of the largest cases of bandwagoning and mindless parroting that persists even to this day.
>>
>>63815876
>>63815906
>>63815909
>>63815969
>>63816008
No, seriously, fuck you guys. I'm not defending the prequels for being great movies. They weren't. But at least George Lucas had a vision for something NEW to ADD to the world of Star Wars. A new story the explore the world and add a new dimension to it. The biggest problem with the prequels were the practical aspects of it. The acting, effects, pacing etc. all had significant problems. The actual concepts and ideas themselves were interesting to the point where many people enjoy other media that uses the prequels' setting to tell a story. We learnt a lot about the Star Wars universe in the prequel trilogy. This new film has none of that. There's nothing of substance for you to think about. Even with Phantom Menace, at least pod racing, Darth Maul, the Gungan v Droid battle was all memorable. Can you honestly think of single memorable scene like that from The Force Awakens?

No, you can't. Why? Because it's a fucking corpse of a film.
>>
>>63816382
This is true btw.
>>
File: 1435496252188.jpg (209 KB, 600x582) Image search: [Google]
1435496252188.jpg
209 KB, 600x582
>>63815792
It was JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63816382

>Can you honestly think of a single memorable scene like that from TFA?

The lightsaber fight. Kylo Ren's temper tantrums. Finn and Poe's bromance. Han Solo dying. Snoke. Finn being a 3-D character, the millenium falcon vs the TIE fighters.

Did you take your meds today, Anon?
>>
>>63816157
TRAITOR

>>63816502
It's literally just A New Hope from a Jew's perspective. So more "diversity" and Nazi imagery.
>>
>>63816502
Stop shitposting with Kuroko.
>>
File: 1436270677874.jpg (600 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1436270677874.jpg
600 KB, 5000x5000
>>63816502
>but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.
You should get into stand up comedy, anon. You're just wasting your bait here.
>>
>>63816382

I just watched TFA. The main thing I took away from it was a greater appreciation for the prequels and George's story across the previous 6 movies. The execution might have faltered in the prequels, but he still told a good story and made it interesting. You can bitch about podracing, shitty child actors, jar jar, and shitty CGI, but at least the characters are developed and the story flows well.

This jew-fest was just a disaster. The characters were meaningless. I couldn't bring myself to care when Kylo Ben decided to take off his helmet and cry about being so torn apart before killing papa, it just came out of left field from a character that seemed foreign. The movie was just scene after scene of things happening that didn't follow, there was no real story to be seen. The entire movie was really just a sequence of visual reveals of old familiar faces stitched together with explosions. Total fucking shit. It was so bad that John Williams couldn't even come up with anything memorable to listen to.
>>
>>63816552

>because JJ is evil because he's jewish.

Sweet. So we better start hating the Indiana Jones films, JAWS, and saving private Ryan.

You narrowminded, yankee-doodle, overweight, neckbeard, cock-sucking, nazi-loving, virgin, living in his mothers basement, normie-envying, no mates, autistic cunt. :^)
>>
>>63815861
It's 50/50. Some fans have sense
>>
>>63816654
Talk about butthurt
>>
>>63816382
the second response had most of what i would say. i thought ren, mas que nada and poe were all pretty compelling. best light saber fight outside of rotj. interesting interplay between rival villains who don't like one another. we now have a main character who is less capable than any we've had before, and I think its interesting to become invested in someone who isn't a superhero in this universe.

movie was rushed with too much poetry, which is a big problem. its miles ahead of at leas 1 and 2.
>>
>>63815792

OPs of these threads are edgelords
probably masturbating with kylo ren action figures amirite AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA
>>
>>63816712
>best light sabre fight outside of rotj
ahahahahahah
>we now have a main character who is less capable than any we've had before
uh huh. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63816712
You're literally a fucking fanboy pleb who should go back to your reddit hugbox where you can upvote every comment that panders to your incredibly naive and fragile worldview.
>>
>>63816772

I think Liam Neeson wins the lightsaber award for the series. He made it look good.
>>
>>63816382
We learned that a lot of planets exist and politics are always a mess even in fantasy land in the prequels. Otherwise it was an excuse for George to fuck with CGI lol

>implying literally all Han Solo moments and dialogue aren't memorable and some of the character's best
>>
File: 1343271656520.gif (382 KB, 188x118) Image search: [Google]
1343271656520.gif
382 KB, 188x118
>>63815792
>For all the flaws the prequels had, at least they had a soul.

Stopped reading there.
>>
The bits with Rey at the beginning were pretty good though, probably the best part of the movie and the one that actually felt like Star Wars.
I liked Maz, too, the movie really needed more slow paced parts and dialogue, not everything has to be nonstop pew pew shit.
>>
>>63815903
This movie had made me see the prequels in a new light. At least you can laugh at how stupid they are. TFA is a boring 5/10 flick with no memorable moments.
>>
>>63816382
>>63816645
I agree tbqh
>>
I think anyone defending this piece of shit film should be banned by mods and redirected back to reddit. I don't want these people here on 4chan. They ruin the site.
>>
File: 1449989937293.jpg (350 KB, 1405x1077) Image search: [Google]
1449989937293.jpg
350 KB, 1405x1077
>>63815792
It could just be that you're older now and the only reason the OT still feel relevant to you is because of nostalgia.

Think about it.
>>
>>63815792
The prequels killed Star Wars.
This movie shot the zombie corpse of the franchise on the head.
>>
File: 1441659234570.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1441659234570.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>63816964
>I think anyone defending this piece of shit film should be banned by mods and redirected back to reddit.

Jesus.
>>
>>63816817
Eew. None of his moments were the best. I had a shimmer of hope when he got angry at Finn for telling him about his sanitation profession.
>>
>>63815792

>People think the prequels had a "soul"

You people are so predictable it's embarrassing. None of you miserable shits actually thinks the prequels are any kind of good.
>>
File: 635573357.jpg (125 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
635573357.jpg
125 KB, 600x350
If you are white and support this propaganda bullshit of a movie you are a c.uck and a traitor to your ancestors... that simple.

It is straight up cultrual marxist propaganda aimed at the youth.

That is how cultural marxism works... little steps to the ultimate goal.

And to do this to THE institution of white nerdiness? And many of you still don't get it?

Fuck you if you support this crap... you're brainwashed, a dolt and a traitor.
>>
>>63815792
Funny. I just came back from seeing it and I'm wondering if you've seen it at all.
>>
>>63817068
It's s movie for tumblr girls and post millennial teenagers.
All the products for them are the same kind of shit.
>>
>>63816382

This nigga gets it.

The original carried itself by both proper characterization and setting. The prequels were pretty much just setting driven but added a lot of new flair and interesting setpieces that were later expanded in secondary material.

I've never felt so apathetic about a star wars movie before. Things in the prequels might've angered me but it didn't leave me feeling a sense of just bleh. That's the only word I can describe it, the entire movie felt like a shoddy remake. The setting went no where, the characters went no where, nothing aside from those first looks of jakku meant anything.
>>
>>63816226
Just /thread my shit up
>>
>>63816502
>this is what passes for a pasta now
>>
Hey OP
You're obviously an angry troll and nobody agrees with you.

Kill yourself for posting this shitty bait thread.
>>
>>63816772
>did you even watch the movie
I was talking about finn, not rey. that should be obvious if you aren't a reactionary mememachine.

>>63816785
i honestly cant tell if this is serious anymore. if its serious, it doesn't even make sense. potential pasta
>>
>>63816226
The force may not be real but I can sense that you're projecting harder than the average.
>>
File: 1450407522663.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450407522663.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
>>63815792
The only thing that will ever kill Star Wars is a cure for autism.
>>
>>63817225
Go back to /b/ you pathetic social media drone
>>
File: Chitose Hinako.png (205 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Chitose Hinako.png
205 KB, 640x360
>>63816502
>A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

>be Evangelion faggot
>hear GitS has robots, too
>but they're not giant
>why even live
>>
>>63817225
But his opinion is pretty much the consensus for the movie.
You on the other hand sound like a desperate Disney shill.
>>
>>63817147
Problem is... it is targeted effectively 5-12 year olds... who will be the decision makers before you know it.

Cultural marxism... little steps... that is how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63817225
Uh, most people on /tv/ agrees with me. Just look at all the threads in the catalog. You shouldn't come here if you get mad at people hating on your shitty corporate action blockbusters, redditor.
>>
>>63817068

You realize that the original Star Wars trilogy was about an army of racially diverse rebels led by two women fighting against an evil army composed entirely of white men?
>>
File: 1410651680595.jpg (119 KB, 649x418) Image search: [Google]
1410651680595.jpg
119 KB, 649x418
The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda. They couldn't get away with an all out, overt attempt at programming; this method would be too easy to see and resist.

There was a scene where they both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting, the girl says, "I can't believe we're doing this." This is subtle, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way.

The programming was there.
>>
>>63817269
>Go back to /b/ you pathetic social media drone
Why don't you, you're the exact people I'm talking about.

>>63817287
>But his opinion is pretty much the consensus for the movie.
lmao it's not though

Why does the fact people actually disagree with you make you so mad?

>>63817342
See above redditor scum.
>>
>>63817420
Did this fucking 2014 star shit tourists just call someone a redditor?
>>
>>63817342
>>63817287
>prequels had a soul

OH YEAH TOTALLY, THAT'S THE CONSENSUS.

It's not like the vast majority of media disagrees with you or anything...
>>
>>63817446
Call me a redditor, I FUCKING DARE YOU

I DOUBLE DARE YOU

I TRIPLE FUCKING DARE YOU
>>
okay guys I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a SW fanboy or anything but I've watched every movie in the saga at least once.

I felt TFA was ANH 1.5 (with traces of ESB) plotwise, and altough very familiar, I enjoyed it, I didn't love it or like it nor remember any memorable scene, maybe Kylo Ren's were the best.

But something I can't stand was Ren vs Finn and Rey's sabre fight. I mean come the fuck on! one is a FUCKING JANITOR and the other is a hobo who heard about the force like 2 seconds ago, and they could stand against and even defeat Kylo?

Correct me If I 'm wrong, but isn't Kylo supposed to be the new Vader? Fucking how was he defeated by noobs?

Yeah I saw that he was injuried but, even tough...

tbqh Rey's scenes after her disco very of the force are quite cringeworthy.
>>
>>63816125
i would say the third one is on the same level as the dark knight and the dark knight rises.
>>
>>63816382
so much this tbqh pham
>>
>>63817482
Oy vey, the media I shill with say it's a perfect movie.
Why you dirty goyim think with your own mind.
You must be contrarians.
>>
>>63817482
Point me towards one review that calls the prequels soulless.
>>
>>63816645
>It was so bad that John Williams couldn't even come up with anything memorable to listen to.
I think he may just be getting old and a little past his prime

but totally agree with the rest
>>
>>63817599
just look up rotten tomatoes for ep 1

pretty easy
>>
File: zx.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
zx.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>63817399
You are so brainwashed (or a happy sjw) that you honestly don't see the difference between the OT and modern media propaganda today, do you?

This is the problem.

Give this a look, it WILL open your eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63817599
JJ Abrams thinks so.
And he is a better man than everyone in this shitty board.
>>
>>63817342
>most of /tv/ agrees with me
>edgy, hyperbolic, contrarian teenagers who obsess over CIA are now consensus
>>
>>63817482

Tbh the prequels aren't as universally panned as people like to think. They have meh scores on imdb and rotten tomatoes and even people like Roger Ebert liked ROTS. As far as I know the fanbase is largely split on them and a lot of the prequel hate comes from a very loud minority that think that they are totally irredeemable and spawned from hell.
>>
>>63817148
>I've never felt so apathetic about a star wars movie before. Things in the prequels might've angered me but it didn't leave me feeling a sense of just bleh

Right? I was pretty bored in episode 2, that movie is bleh for like an hour BUT it left me blown away. The collosseum monster fight and the jedi vs the droids and the clones showing up. All this shit was thrown in my face.Im sitting there thinking..... wait neither side can lose...right? Who wins, what the fuck is happening?

episode 7...it was obvious what was happening, the x-wings would win, they were barely outnumbered (like....why did they send 12 tie fighters to take on 8 x-wings?) It didn't have suspense, it just....was.....and I wanted more.
>>
>>63817639
LOL Nobody wants to listen to your shitty marxist anti capitalism documentary.
>>
>>63817399
In the original the rebels weren't diverse. And they were a monarchic faction fighting an empire.
They added some blacks in the sequels after some pressure from the media
>>
>>63816543
The traitor trooper was the only memorable part.
>>
>>63817639
>watching an hour and a half of WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63817708
*needs citation*
>>
OP here, I actually quite enjoyed The Force Awakens and think it's 100x better than the prequels. I only made this thread to piss people off lol
>>
File: 1425195330369.png (45 KB, 255x248) Image search: [Google]
1425195330369.png
45 KB, 255x248
tfw all the /tv/ threads give me interracial sex fantasies

rey a cute
>>
>>63817708

Yeah but they also included a shiton of aliens wheras be Empire only included humans. Also it isn't really talked about in the movies but the Empire was also super racist to aliens.
>>
>>63816226
>Like in my opinion, you come off to me as a faggot NEET who must constantly blame all his misery on everything except for himself, and must make fun of normies, blacks and other movies just to make himself feel better. :^)

Are we in an old school AV club, or did someone just randomly bring a projector in here?
>>
>>63815792
You people are so dramatic. Everything is either a 1/10 or a 10/10; no shades in any of your opinions.
>>
>>63816654
but he's spot on

>literally just A New Hope from a Jew's perspective

best description ever
>>
File: 1449279298996.jpg (601 KB, 2544x1184) Image search: [Google]
1449279298996.jpg
601 KB, 2544x1184
>>63817692
>>63817722

>LOL expect me to watch that?? I gotta wack off to cartoons and play video games

Exactly... keep on SJW'ing SJWs.
>>
>>63817798
Back to Reddit retard. 4chan is for rampant, rapid-fire discussion. You can't do that with a movie that is anything other than a 1/10 or 10/10.
>>
>>63817751
That's the only thing I have against the Empire: their wookieephobic policies.
#AllWookieesMatter
>>
>>63816543
>Can you honestly think of a single memorable scene like that from TFA?
i remember laughing my ass off with my friends after making a george lucas impression when Snoke showed up

"How do we make sure people know he's the bad guy? I'll put him in a dark room and make him a million feet tall, yeah that's what I'll do"
>>
>>63817798
Cry about it.
>>
>>63816308
Plinkett is a 100-year old serial killer who likes to masturbate to Olsen twins videos.
I don't think his reviews are meant to be taken seriously.
>>
edgy
>>
>>63815792

As someone who wouldn't call himself a "star wars fan", who's seen and enjoyed the original trilogy but has never even watched the third film of the prequels because they were terrible, I went and saw TFA last night and I instantly felt like I was watching the originals again, with the same love and charm that obviously went into them. Not quite as good overall, but definitely more heartfelt.

If you honestly think the prequels were better than this then you are objectively wrong, sorry.
>>
What the fuck is a portion?
>>
>>63817719
Oh yeah.

I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

So subtle.
>>
>>63815887
>Disney is going to fucking run this franchise into the ground. They are going to continue pumping up more and more films and milk it out until they can't any longer, and long before then, people will be sick of Star Wars, and the image of it will be destroyed in it's entireity.

Are you fucking delusional? What damage could Disney possibly do that wasn't already done by the prequels? If people didn't give up on Star Wars after The Phantom Menace then they never will.
>>
>>63817932
The X-wing battles, as short as they were, they were amazing
>>
>>63818010
No one honestly thinks the prequels were good movies dude calm down
>>
>>63817893
>be anti capitalism
>worship trump

my fucking sides
>>
It was a fun ride, but I just know I'll dislike it after it wears off. George Lucas' prequel trilogy may be shit, but at least it was original shit.
>>
>>63818059
>anti capitalism
huh
i'm not him but huh
>>
>>63818048
Why.
>>
>>63818041
No programming here guys! Just good old fashioned 1977 style good vs evil entertainment!

Don't look behind the curtain!
>>
>>63818048
Did they even show the battles? I can't recall anything like that
>>
File: 3610156183037_600.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3610156183037_600.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>prequel defenders
>>
>>63818059
You're retarded, aren't you? Cultural marxism is anti-capitalism and it trying to destroy it along with western values in general. That is the problem.

Another example of each succeeding generation getting dumber and more and more tuned out to what's going on around them.

Wake up people.
>>
>>63818185
Right? Get a load of these niggers. They're just grasping at straws to find reasons to hate this movie. Just like they do with literally everything.
>>
>>63818124
Visually mostly, and nostalgia. Seeing them fly in off the water and adjust the s foils was great

>>63818173
When the first order was laying siege to the Jakku and the X-wing squadron came in from the bay, Then the second one (shorter) when they're attacking "Death Star 3".
>>
File: wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
>>63818041
>>63818139

>No programming here guys! Just good old fashioned 1977 style good vs evil entertainment!
>Don't look behind the curtain!
>>
File: 1423132053890.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1423132053890.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Lol at every single one of you fucking nerds. The movie was awesome.
>>
>>63817556
>Correct me If I 'm wrong, but isn't Kylo supposed to be the new Vader? Fucking how was he defeated by noobs?

I got the impressiong that Kylo Ren is actually a bit of a bitch. Like, he seems strong for most of the movie because he's the only force user, but then the moment he meets someone else capable it turns out that he's pretty shit.

It's the classic "my daddy (granddaddy) was a big deal so i'm a big deal too". He's basically one of those spoiled cunts who got into Harvard because of his name alone but is actually too stupid to pass anything.
>>
>>63818237
Oh okay, so capitalism is good and this capitalist movie should be celebrated.

See what I did there.

u mad?
>>
>>63818345
And thus the movie loses what little it had going for it
>>
>>63818345
He's definitely conflicted and insecure about his abilities. He was weak against Rey probably because of the conflict in his mind and his physical injury.

Earlier in the movie he seems pretty strong in the force.

I really liked Kylo, I think he was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>63817556
Loved the movie but I also had a problem with this. My friends who I saw it with kept saying "yeah but he was shot", nah man.

I don't care if she's force sensitive, the first time she turned on a lightsaber, she beat a guy trained by Luke? Suck my diiiiick
>>
>>63818345

Not to mention he literally had a blaster hole in his side while fighting. And some stab wounds.

He wasnt at full strength or even close
>>
File: 1370218876654.jpg (32 KB, 480x454) Image search: [Google]
1370218876654.jpg
32 KB, 480x454
>>63815792
Does anyone else notice how Daisy's cheeks are kinda puffy around the corners of her mouth?

I find it attractive for some reason, I want to kiss her
>>
>>63815792
Ughhh contrarian ughhhhhh /tv/ only exists to disagree with what everyone likes bugghhhh guhhhhhh ughhhhhhhhh
>>
>>63818471
That's John Boyega...
>>
File: 1449266095688.jpg (127 KB, 752x960) Image search: [Google]
1449266095688.jpg
127 KB, 752x960
>>63818346
Mad that you don't know the difference between capitalism and cultural marxist propaganda?

No, just sad for you and the future of a once great country.
>>
File: star-wars-rey.jpg.resize.400.jpg (17 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rey.jpg.resize.400.jpg
17 KB, 380x380
>>63818518
No

Look at her mouth and the cheeks
>>
>>63818497
It's sad. Can someone actually die of autism? or shit taste? because if so that nig has gots a couple feet in the grave
>>
>>63818535
Calm down dude, I was just making a racist joke
>>
>>63818345
I don't know man, at the beginning of the movie he stopped the fucking laser ray from the pilot guy (Poe?) and his overall use of the force made him look actually very strong.

and granted he is what you said, how he got defeated by two Literally whos? He's said to have a training of some sort, he is a big deal in the Order's force how the fuck Finn and Rey (even with her new acquired abilities) could stand a chance against him? Luke trained and he was BTFO'd in ESB, and Rey without the slightest training not only stops Ren but also managed to beat him pretty hard.

that's Basically my main rant against the movie, I hate when that kind of lazy scripting happens
>>
>>63818569
I won't calm down until someone else agrees with me that she is very kissable
>>
>>63818570
He got fucked up by Chewie and he was mentally fucked up from killing his dad. It took a lot out of him.
>>
File: loqvts.png (106 KB, 216x226) Image search: [Google]
loqvts.png
106 KB, 216x226
>>63818591
This is who you're talking about, correct?
>>
>>63818570
>Luke was BTFO'D in ESB
IIRC
>>
>>63818591
i would smooch her anon. maybe we could smooch her together
>>
>>63818430

No shit he was strong in the force he stopped a fucking laser. Like, he didn't just block it with his hand like Vader did in Empire, he froze it in mid air and then kept it there with his mind while walking around and barely even paying attention to it. That is fucking insane, so basically Rey would have to be the bastard love child of Jesus and Shiva and be on Force steroids to beat him without any training. Like, idk how into Star Wars other people on here are but I'm a pretty big nerd and Rey breaks the Force so hard it's not even funny.
>>
>>63818620
NO
>>
>>63818643
Maybe we should leave her out altogether.
>>
>>63818591
Shes q t af
>>
>>63815792

I agree, the prequels weren't good. But they felt like legit Star Wars movies. I dunno what to make of TFA?
>>
>>63818679
>But they felt like legit Star Wars movies
Because they were the first ones your mom took you to see when you were 6?
>>
>>63818647
exactly!
like I said, I'm not the biggest SW fan but O believe she is way too OP, is she going to be the next chosen one or something?
this is still ridiculous

both Anakin and Luke' were pretty wrecked and they were trained.

for a second I thought she was going to lose a limb or two
>>
>>63818668
I'm ok with where this is going
>>
>>63818570

What this basically tells me is that despite his assertions otherwise, JJ has no idea how the Force works. Like, just being good with the force doesn't make you good with a lightsaber. This isn't expanded universe crap either, Grevious wasn't even force sensitive and he killed dozens of Jedi with his lightsabers.
>>
I didn't want to give money to JJ but is this movie worth watching?

do I watch it in in 3D or imax or what?
>>
>>63818679
people are complaining that this was a remake of ANH on a long, itemized, point by point basis, and also claiming it didn't feel like star wars

i'm confused desu
>>
>>63818716

Yeah like she is absurdly, terribly, movie breakingly OP. Anakin is basically supposed to be the living embodiment of the Force and even he was trained, and even he was beaten by Obi-Wan. The Rey amnesia theory is the only way they could make this make any sense.
>>
>>63818668
>>63818722

go back to reddit
>>
>>63818730
and all that "you will set me free" bs, I mean come on Kenobi did it in the fourth but he was a fucking seasoned jedi!

How did she even know the kind of shit she could do with the force?

Every moment I think about it the movie gets sillier and worse only because Rey's character
>>
>>63818803
when people are being faggots on reddit they get told to go back to /tv/
>>
File: 1431572700933.jpg (333 KB, 4214x760) Image search: [Google]
1431572700933.jpg
333 KB, 4214x760
this entire thread is full of autism and faggots
never change
>>
>>63818041
How do you even know that Stormtrooper was white?
>>
>>63818796
rey amnesia theory? I'll check it out

Now I won't play any game with cheats again or I'll remember how broken Rey character was
>>
1) Finn incessantly grabs Reys hand every time they have to run away to the point she complains about it
2) Rey then OH SO CONVENIENTLY grabs Finn's hand to help him up the next time they have to run
3) The part where Finn MUST save Rey at all costs even if it means death... he gives no fuck for the resistances plan
4) After they are reunited they hug for such a long time, in the most awkward moment, then Han Solo has to break them up to say they better get the fuck out of there

The above doesn't include the long pauses, the staring and the innuendo between the two right the way through.

If you didn't notice any of that you're too young to understand. It was an extremely clumsy attempt at shoehorning a romance between the two 'just because'.
>>
>>63818837
Agree with this. How did she know about the Jedi mind trick when she's never seen one and most people believe still believe they are a myth or legend?
>>
>>63818766

A lot of people complain about how the prequels don't feel like Star Wars, which I never understood mostly because I was a kid when they came out and as far as I was concerned they were just as Star Wars as the OT. At this point I think that this is just a repeat of that. New director, new characters, ten years of changes in filmaking and special effects and whatnot. The movie is obviously going to feel different from the others. I mean you might was well look at Goldfinger and Skyfall and point out how different they are, but that doesn't make either any less of a Bond movie.
>>
>>63818877
>shoehorning a romance
I don't think you know what shoehorn means. It's okay, we know what you were getting at: interracial propaganda by the jews.

They didn't even kiss, homie.
>>
>>63818882
>has heard of the legends of jedi mind tricks
>has heard of the legends of the force
>is awakening to the realization she is force sensitive like kylo
>tries something she heard about

its not that hard to figure out
>>
Other than the unsympathetic Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a nazi rally for good measure), the only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.
Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?
>>
>>63818322
it's funny how he was obliterated by a random trooper just to be able to duel vs a sith (with 20years of training) later in the movie.
>>
>>63818762

It's good, a little disappointing but that is mostly because of the insane hype. It's not amazing, but definitely enjoyable.
>>
>>63818931
I thought about that, but isn't that a bit sudden? No one else in the previous films instantly knew how to manipulate their force powers like that, right?
>>
What planet system got blown up and why is there not a single moment dedicated to its significance?
Why weren't we shown what the First Order is like outside of their military?
Why weren't we shown what the Republic is like outside of a fringe paramilitary group (if that even is what the Resistance is)?
All we know is that there is a pussy not-sith apprentice, the Republic is weak as fuck and needs state sanctioned militia to do its dirty work, and somehow even though they're the underdogs the First Order is some undefeatable menace.

It wasn't a space opera, it was an action movie with some character drama.
>>
>>63819003
Well she's *special* because it's a disney movie and disney movies are about *special* people
>>
File: 2136435723412.jpg (35 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
2136435723412.jpg
35 KB, 550x550
>You will never be paid 25 million dollars to turn around and look at a camera
>>
>>63818870
>saving that pic
>thinking it's cool

incredibly gay desu
>>
>>63818010
RotS is actually a good movie, not as bad Episodes I and II
>>
Could be they're just close friends, thats a big deal for Finn seeing as he was a literal drone with no name.
>>
>>63818966
I noted this too, the Resistance has a very racially diverse cast and the First Order is EBIL NATSYS with one black guy who is the only empathetic character shown.

The Empire had long-term political stability as their obvious goal but the First Order is just a plot device to be the absolute evil force in babyshit Star Wars binary morality (which has been a problem with the depth of the narrative since the very start, to be fair)
>>
>>63818931

Except the mind trick isn't even close to a novice level power. Luke started by moving rocks around and shit. Typically signs of being force sensitive are shit like dreaming the future or superhuman reflexes, or occasional telekenetic episodes in situations of extreme emotion. The Jedi Mind Trick is master level shit, and force power has a lot less to do with lightsaber skills than you'd think so Rey beating Ren makes zero sense.
>>
>>63819087
>>63819026
>>
>>63818976
>it's funny how he was obliterated by a random trooper just to be able to duel vs a sith (with 20years of training) later in the movie.

You mean the angry white male nazi with a burning cross lightsaber? Oh yeah. Odd, huh?
>>
>>63819087
durr but she STRONKER DAN SHE NOSE
>>
This movie marks the end of Hollywood. This isn't s movie. It's just a bunch of random scenes intended to maximize profit. It's not creation. It's calculation. And its success at thd box-office will strike the killing blow towards creativity in Hollywood.
>>
>>63819086
How is the First Order more evil than the Empire in the original trilogy?
>>
>>63819026
In the next film, Luke better be able to fly, telepathically control 8 lightsabers and force push planets out of alignment. It's the only way I will accept the progression of Rey's powers.
>>
>>63819086
And even then the duality of the Rebels and the Enpire + the Dark and Light was never this cut and dry. The line between the two was muddled by mystique which is now gone.
>>
>>63819026
it's still lazy writting deus ex machina-tier
>>
>>63816817
Han Solo shouldn't even have been in the film. It woulda been more interesting if he'd been killed already by Kylo when he turned to the dark side, which is what made Luke go AWOL, since his apprentice killed his best friend, and he couldn't easily cope with that loss and went seeking answers from the old Jedi ruins.

The movie then is about the new cast tracing down Luke, and unraveling ancient Jedi lore on their way to find him.

Kylo doesn't ever fight, let alone take off his mask, instead he's seen as this powerful but inexperienced figure who is being trained as a war commander by that Nazi ginger dude.

Instead, or main antagonist here is the Chrome stormtrooper chick who has an elite squad chasing down the droid, and hunting down Finn. Most our character development happens with Finn as the movie is from a stormtrooper perspective, and he's there as a catalyst for Rey, who we quickly learn is force sensitive. Poe is there as the upstanding heroic figure, and he dies in the third act to shock the fans as he's written as the cocky and likable heroic figure who wins the day.

Poe is killed by Kylo, which helps for Rey's development.

There is no bullshit death star, and the stort is more character driven instead. With the heroes using the droid's map to search for Luke while being chased and running into an elite squad of storm troopers again and again, usually having to run away since they're outclassed.

They run into Chewie and the MF which is how we learn about Kylo's back story, building him up for the third act, and setting up Rey's confrontation and loss against her brother, where she's rescued by Poe at the cost of his life.

Remove the forced romance, and the feminist bullshit. Rey is the MC but don't shove the feminism in our faces. Finn and Rey instead become good friends, all three do, which makes Poe's death more impacting, as the three build a strong bond while searching for Luke.

cont ...
>>
>>63819125
The avengers already did that 3 years ago

Hell Furious 7 is a top 3 grossing movie OF ALL TIME. Just enjoy oblivion.
>>
>>63815876
>do you even watch reddit?
holy shit kill yourself twice, butthurt bitch
>>
>>63819125
Sorry for typos. Mobile typing sucks.
>>
>>63819122
>sith
>20 years training

no and no
>>
>>63819144
I hope you make movies one day, anon.
>>
>>63819087

>Rey having a blaster wound an two cuts

Force helps anticipation, and considering rey was weak, unfocused, and bleeding out it makes sense he would lose.

Also he said shes dangerous because shes just learning about her powers. Maybe she tried to see if it would work, notice jow it sidnt at first. Its implied that the stormtroopers are weak minded because they go through a fuck ton of conditioning of being manipulated and mind fucked in general.

Also we know none of her history for all we know ahe was trained a bit in the jedi arts
>>
>>63819130
The Empire can at least have its actions justified by an attempt to maintain order against the Rebellion - even if it is given the facade of pure masochistic "evil" on occasion.

First Order is just edgy literally Hitlers.
>RIGHT NOW THE REPUBLIC IS LYING TO THE WHOOOOLE GALAGSY (about things that will never be explained due to the near total lack of context provided about the setting in the movie)
>>
>>63819155
Yeah I guess Avengers was the beginning of the end. Video games disguised as movies.
>>
>>63819026
>Well she's *special* because it's a disney movie and disney movies are about *special* people
Whereas Star Wars movies are about regular people. Not chosen ones or anything silly like that.
>>
>>63818570

But still, he was the only Force user around so of course his powers looked impressive. The fact that we saw him getting shit on by Snoke in front of that other retarded General guy says to me that he's not as hot shit within the First Order as he likes to pretend he is.

There is obviously an element of "chosen one" bullshittery going on with Rey's character but at the same time I honestly think Kylo Ren is probably a bit garbage, at least compared to previous Sith like Vader.
>>
>>63819125
bruh that happened like 20 years ago.
>>
>>63815792
Self-fellating syphilitic crap.
>>
>>63819144
the fuck nigga?!?

Poe didn't die, did he?
>>
>>63819186
he started to train as a kid, he is over 20 years old now
so yes 20 years of training
sith or dark jedi is the same thing.
>>
>>63819209
>The Empire can at least have its actions justified by an attempt to maintain order against the Rebellion
But that's the exact same justification the First Order gives.
>>
>>63819217
>its not a real star wars movie
>>
>>63818766
Plot elements are rehashed and mirrored, but key instances of scale, pacing, cinematography, score, and the like make this film seem emotionless, cramped, and small in scale. The "feeling" that Star Wars is this vast intragalactic saga is gone here, and things have been rushed so fast I'd say the characters are even more wooden than in the prequels.
>>
>>63819217
>Not chosen ones or anything silly like that.
Well, to be fair, there was only one "chosen one"

>>63819267
First Order isn't top dog though. I mean there was problems with the Emperor's motives in the OT, but he was at least already in charge and forging the Republic into something stronger.
>>
File: tfa.jpg (48 KB, 583x482) Image search: [Google]
tfa.jpg
48 KB, 583x482
HE DIDN'T DO NUTHIN
>>
>>63819308
>cramped
That's another thing. Is it just me, or was every single camera shot closer to the character's faces than they were in the OT and prequels?
>>
>>63819204
all you said is shouting LAZY WRITTING
even if Rey's character is developed further, those out-of-the-hat tricks should be seen as offensive by the average movie goer
>>
>>63819144
Lastly, if tge OT was inspired by WWII, I would make the political climate of the sequels more like the Cold War then.

The Empire wasn't defeated in the last film, just the Emperor, and a lot of planets have a strong allegiance to the Empire. Thus the galaxy is split along a sort of Galactic civil war. The rebellion is quite strong though, and the two have proxy wars throughout.

This is what motivates Kylo to the dark side and take Vader's mantle, since he agrees with the new leaders of the Empire in that the stability the Empire offered was better.

The Alliance is lead by Leia, who's a Kennedy inspired figure, and she'll be assassinated in the next film.

There, I just fixed the sequels for you.

As tgey are now, they're super boring and unoriginal. And very predictable. You just KNOW they're gonna make Kylo a Sasuke-like antihero who redeems hinself by Ep. 8.

VII was terrible. Worse than the prequels. I give it a 2/10 due to bad, fan fiction-tier writing. The only good aspects were the dogfights, and the art direction on Jakku.
>>
>>63819321
But he didn't have a shield in the film...
>>
>>63818929
The romance was progressing faster than a romcom. It felt awkwardly fast.
>>
>>63819321
This movie is more interested in propaganda than storytelling.
>>
>>63819314
>Well, to be fair, there was only one "chosen one"
There was a chosen one per trilogy. Oh sure, by canon only Anakin really was the chosen one, but Luke fits the role perfectly in the OT.
>First Order isn't top dog though.
Right, but it wants to be. It wants to be the new Empire. That's the motive.
>>
>>63819351
JJ wanted to rush it in incase the next director decided to toss it in the garbage
>>
>>63819308
>rehashed and mirrored
wow, almost like they are making part 7 of a series after many years!
>>
>>63819357
You're more interested in politics than film. Get out.
>>
>>63819244
>rce user around so of course his powers looked impressive. The fact that we saw him getting shit on by Snoke in front of that other retarded General guy says to me that he's not as hot shit within the First Order as he likes to pretend he is.
>There is obviously an element of "chosen one" bullshittery

have you ever seen any jedi stop a laser beam mid air?
he was trained since kid, and he has godlike genetics (vader is his grandfather)
how the hell can he be weak?
>>
>>63819266
you have no idea when he started training, first of all. "started as a kid" could mean he started when he was two, or as a teenager.

Also, he started his training as a jedi, and then was manipulated and began to train in the dark side. He has an inner conflict between light and dark which clearly weakens him.
>>
>>63819342
>Worse than the prequels.
Please go watch the prequels again.
>>63819351
What romance?
>>
>>63819339

So was the original trilogy. It was all plot convience over and over. Why can you make an exception for the original and not for this" 1"
>>
>>63818976

>random trooper

He wasn't even a trooper, that battle in the beginning of the movie was his first battle. He had 5 minutes of combat experience and even then he was a total pussy. Before that he was a janitor. A janitor that knew every single nook and cranny of his organization's planet-sized super weapon.
>>
>>63819362
No he doesn't, he wasn't the one to kill the emprah
Is it really the motive? It isn't explained very well but I'm willing to admit my own ignorance
>>
>>63819385
>he has godlike genetics (vader is his grandfather)
>how the hell can he be weak?
How can Leia be weak when Vader is her father?
>>
>>63819334
It's not you. I felt like I could smell the actors at how awkwardly zoomed in you were. And it takes away from things like proper body language. Scenes that were meant to be "large", like the speech scene and certain combat ones felt less grand as well. The Emperor's entrance to the second Death Star seemed more grand in scale.
>>
>>63819321
that's really a stretch. you're really just grasping at anything trying to find the hidden jew conspiracy.
>>
>>63815792
Are you somehow implying Star Wars wasn't a soulless manufactured product created by plagiarizing countless other works designed only to sell merchandise from the very beginning?

Because there's really no difference between the OT, the PT and this one.
>>
It's interesting that for the massive hype...it kind of already died down.

I don't even see that many commercials anymore besides the news saying

"HOly shit star wars."
>>
>>63819370
But the next director could easily do that given that no concrete romantic scenes occurred. Again, she kissed him once, on the forehead. That's a "shoehorned" romance?
>>
>>63819342
>anti hero
>killed han solo explicitly in front of every character

nigga hes dog food
>>
>>63819420
by random trooper i mean the riot trooper with the big electric dildo, the one that wasted the nigga.
then the nigga was able to duel with a fucking sith
>>
>>63819430
>No he doesn't, he wasn't the one to kill the emprah
But everyone treated him like the chosen one in the OT.
>Is it really the motive? It isn't explained very well
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63819381
Nope. I don't even care. But in TFA, it's obvious it comes with a toll on the actual story.
>>
>>63819413
desu I just remember OT plot without going into details
or at least those plotholes it weren't that noticeable (to me)
>>
>>63819450
That's not true at all.

Do you live under a rock or something?
>>
>>63819435
she isn't trained...even luke when he wasn't trained he was like a normal man...
>>
>>63819385
>have you ever seen any jedi stop a laser beam mid air?

No.

Doesn't mean they weren't able to. Either that, or it could just be a personal trick he developed himself.

I'm not saying he's weak, no Force user is weak. But as Force users go maybe the Force just isn't a strong with him as it is with many others, particularly (in this case) Rey.
>>
>>63819467
Not even Wookieepedia claims to know the motives of the first order, best I could find is:
>"That all came out of conversations about what would have happened if the Nazis all went to Argentina but then started working together again? What could be born of that? Could The First Order exist as a group that actually admired The Empire? Could the work of The Empire be seen as unfulfilled? And could Vader be a martyr? Could there be a need to see through what didn't get done?"
>―Jew.Jew. Abrams
>>
>>63819435
Not him, but are you implying that Leia is weak?
>>
>>63819462
Ren isn't Sith.
>>
>>63819430
First Order is the remnants of the Empire that are trying to reorganize and maintain power after the events of RotJ.
>>
>>63819411
I did, III is actually good thanks to Obi Wan, I isn't terrible either if you remove Anakin from the third act (it's still pretty shitty though).

II is absolute shit though, I agree. I'd place VII above II but below I. That's how bad it was. I might pit it a LITTLE above I, cause Anakin saving the day was inexcusable, but that's not saying much.

III was miles better than VII though, hell, III was better than VI and IV, SW was never well-written aside from V.

V is top tier, the rest are OK, and shit. VII doesn't even come close to III for as flawed as III was, it's riddled with rehashing and deus ex machina.
>>
>>63819374
This absolutely makes no sense. They repeated the plot to IV and made inserts and changes here and there to make the plot feel more active, like a squeezed accordion. The originality was poor.
>>
>>63816382
TRAITOR and stormtrooper characterization. Luke didn't have to say a word and he still had a significant moment. Off the top of my head.
>>
>>63819508
Fuck off /co/. You already ruined this medium. Fuck off and hang yourself in the process.
>>
>>63819501
They say in the movie itself that the Republic fosters chaos and disorder, and that's why it needs to be destroyed. It's also said that out of all the splinter groups left in the wake of the Empire's disintegration, the First Order is the strongest.
>>
>>63815939
Noone gives a fuck about the ramblings of some overweight film student bitter that they can't get clear of the middle of the bell-curve, faggot
>>
>>63819540
Never been there, figure this place is bad enough. But why so butthurt at the sight of a comic page, anon?
>>
>>63819468

>it comes with a toll on the actual story.

No, the story suffered from unoriginal ideas. Nothing would have significantly changed if Poe were hispanic, Finn was asian, or Rey was black. Not even changing the genders would have done much.
>>
>>63819533
>III was better than VI and IV
>>
>>63816382
This is true.
>>
>>63819411
The awkward stares, the longing looks, the hug, the rapid-fire compliments, the fact Finn cares so much about Rey because of the attachment. Granted, he did get friendzoned at the end.
>>
>>63819530
Not according to Wookieepedia though, they just say they "admired the Empire". I'd accept your explanation but it just is never made clear in the film.
>>63819548
Really? I'll just wait for the DVD to come out to check, must have missed it
>>
>>63819406
a teenager is a boy not a kid
that means that considering that in the movie he looks 25 he had between 23 and 13 years of training...
you can have aven a broom conflicting up into your ass but with that much training you are supposed to obliterate an autistic failed trooper and a girl that was making a living by selleng trash till 20 mins before
>>
>>63819565
Tvings would have been better without a forced interracial romance though. And some of the minority actors were fucking shit. And Whoopi Goldberg Yoda is an insult.
>>
>>63819548

It would have been cool to see multiple factions of the Empire go at each other. The Resistance was easily one of the most frustrating things in that movie.
>>
>>63819561
Comics is neither canon or /tv/ related.
>>
>>63819496
He does seem to have his own special style with the force. No other Sith or Jedi seem to freeze people/objects like he does.
>>
>>63819496
he had perfect genetics
he had a great controll of the force (laser beam shit)
he had over a dozen years of training

how the fuck he was supposed to lose to an idiot that was working in the sanitation services(and that got wasted by a random trooper with a big dildo) and a girl that was selling trash as living 20 mins before?
>>
>>63819566
It was, go rewatch IV and VI, they're not very good. Too many plotholes and bad decisions.

>the death star weakness
>by the book hero's journey
>boba fett being killed off so stupidly
Etc... I could go on. Story-wise the only good SW is V, with III being passable, and the other two being very meh. The rest are shit, including VII.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.