[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: evolutionofiasip.jpg (317 KB, 1709x823) Image search: [Google]
evolutionofiasip.jpg
317 KB, 1709x823
Discuss.
>>
DUDE I DONT KNOW HOW TO ANALYZE TV SHOWS LMAO
>>
>>63812609
whats there to discuss, this is just bait.
>>
This is a trope, and applies to any long running series. Just look at the simpsons or family guy the characters start out complex and then get exaggerated for comedic effect.
>>
>>63812609
like it's kinda true but it's what they've been trying to do

as iasip progressed it made a point to make the characters more and more outlandish and less confined to reality
>>
It's been ten years obviously their negative traits are going to be more evident
>>
Dee is even more of a pathetic amateur actor, putting on costumes and fake accents at restaurants.

Charlie is the smartest character on the show now.

Frank is a full blown psycho.
>>
>>63813572
this is why the show is so strong, it dropped the pretense and rolled with the stupid

it's truly the most patrician way to start to end a series, by poking fun at your own show

how you guys don't like this is beyond me, this satirical shit is like 50% of the shows intent
>>
>>63812609
> mfw I'm okay with this

Not every show can frasier it up for 12 years. It's not like it isn't intentionally eccentric. TV tropes is tidder the website tbqh.
>>
>>63812609

They've always been horrible people though. Its not like they were decent folks in Season 1-4
>>
If everything stayed the same, that would be the criticism.
>>
you can do that with all shows
>>
>>63812609
it's been shit since season 7. Sunny fans are up there with Nolan, Rick and Morty and Breaking Bad fans as some of the most obnoxious and vehemently delusional. You insult their epin shows, you insult them.
>>
Season one was practically a different show to the rest of the series. The humour was really subtle but the characters were outrageous at the same time. Low production values and totally fresh characters made the writing stand out a mile.

Season two went in a different direction overnight. The show was just as funny but it didn't feel as clever, the laughs were more about physical comedy than the dialogue (compared to seaon one). It got more broad, and the characters and situations got a lot more exaggerated.

It stayed like that for a long time, I barely noticed the flanderisation except for fleeting glimpses, ideas that would have been hinted at before were being made explicit. The actors got a chance to show off their clown skills and the situations and characters became ever more bizarre and extreme.

The writing stayed as funny as ever and the performances only got better, but every now and then they'll throw out a joke that seems so obvious and cheap that I half expect a laugh track.

It hasn't gotten steadily worse, but it has become patchy. Disappointing episodes are more frequent now, whereas in the first 5 or 6 seasons they were non-existent. I still think the latest season was the best new season of a comedy show on TV this year, but it wasn't the best season of Always Sunny, and I kind of knew it wouldn't be.
>>
it's always reddit in Philadelphia has always been shit
>>
File: 1393113779946.png (115 KB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1393113779946.png
115 KB, 264x240
>>63814648
Wow you just can't stop yourself from posting the dumbest memes and opinions.
>>
>>63814648
>reddit

wew
>>
>>63812609
I liked these threads better when no one posted in them
>>
But OP, Season 3 is one of the weakest seasons and is the one that made them turn into caricatures with really unrealistic plotlines.
>>
>>63815051
'no'
>>
>>63814648
Why did you capitalise "Philadelphia" and not "Reddit?" They're both proper nouns you illiterate retard, they both use capitalisation. You also missed out the capital letter at the beginning of your sentence.

If you're going to use capital letters, use them properly you stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>63815106
S1 & 2 are the best, then 4 & 5 then 3
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.