[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Your shitty Episode VII theater experience(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: image.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>that one guy who giggled like a little girl at every. single. scene.
>>
>nonstop applause from the opening logo to the end of the text crawl
>shouts of serious anger when han dies
>laughter when Kylo Ren took off his helmet
>>
>tfw you wanted to cheer when hux was giving his speech
>>
>People clapped when the LucasFilms logo appeared
Why do people do this, let alone clap at the theater period?
>>
This is why I plan on going early tomorrow morning.
>>
File: 55P2tGD.gif (2 MB, 510x316) Image search: [Google]
55P2tGD.gif
2 MB, 510x316
Saw it two times in a row, about 5 minutes in between showings

Both theatres were great. Lots of clapping, cheering, and laughing, but not talking. Which is exactly what I want for something like this,

10/10
>>
i was stuck between a drunk middle aged woman and a hardcore autist that loudly shushed me every time i cheered along with the audience
>>
Never wanted to watch movies in theatres and this thread makes me want it even less. Bunch of animals.
>>
>>63811024
I couldn't even go. My theater had a metal detector and my chain wallet kept setting it off, so I couldn't go in. Plus, it looked like they were enforcing the no singles policy that night.
>>
>explosions happening
>it was either a middle aged woman or a faggot-y guy in his early 20s goes "oooooh!!!" really loudly
>does this like 3 times in different scenes
>>
File: 1449178982790.gif (2 MB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1449178982790.gif
2 MB, 125x125
HAHAHAH

hhaaaaaahaaa

literally HAHAHAHAHA

This trailer should literally be banned from previews. It's cringeworthy to be in the same room of people who are uninhibited with their embarrassing emotions.
>>
File: 1410050331131.jpg (29 KB, 320x232) Image search: [Google]
1410050331131.jpg
29 KB, 320x232
Didn't go, won't go. To me the last star wars produced was RotJ.
>>
File: 1445132790049.jpg (25 KB, 581x480) Image search: [Google]
1445132790049.jpg
25 KB, 581x480
>"That movie was so long I felt like I was gonna fall asleep 3 times"
>>
>>63814578
everyone burst out laughing at that trailer
>>
File: 1439771387362.jpg (223 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1439771387362.jpg
223 KB, 960x540
My theatre was full of normies, they clapped and cheered at everything: opening title, han, leia, r-2's, etc appearance.

Some of them even were even wearing the official Captain Phasma glasses.

Star Wars is truly fucking dead.
>>
Live in the hood because the cost of living is very cheap. I made the mistake of going to a nigger theater. Lets just say these niggers think talking during a movie is just a suggestion. There literally wasn't one solid minute of silence in this sold out crowd. I complained to the black manager and he said they aren't liable for people talking in the theater. Looks like I'll b seeing it again this time in imax 3d I'm the rich pet of town.
>>
>>63814681
>everyone burst out laughing at that trailer

welcome to every fucking theater in clapistan, laughistan, US.
>>
>>63811024
>watching Star Wars in a movie theatre
>on opening week

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>63814578
So we don't like this?

I genuinely thought that trailer was hilarious
>>
>get there only an hour early and end up sitting only three rows away from the front, gf was tantruming about "going to the theater too early"
>during the movie like three different parents had to remove their noisy-ass kids
>gf demanded that I buy her food because she was too stupid to eat that day, spend like 20 bucks on movie theater tendies and popcorn
dumping this dumb bitch
>>
>>63814730
>not seeing it as soon as possible so you dont get spoiled
>>
>>63814744
>I genuinely thought that trailer was hilarious

The point is that you're not supposed to laugh. It's the newest flavor of autism.
>>
>>63814701
>Star Wars is truly fucking dead

It's not, though.

It's alive, and it's not going away for a long, long time.

Buckle up, buckaroo.
>>
>>63813135
>Why do people do this, let alone clap at the theater period?
It's instinct.
>>
>>63814762
>giving a fuck about spoilers
>>
File: miku.jpg (63 KB, 457x380) Image search: [Google]
miku.jpg
63 KB, 457x380
>>63811024
>Middle of Rey fighting Ren in the final battle
>dad walks in addressing son and friends in the front row
>"hey guys is it any good?"
>>
Got fucking VIP seats in Canada.

I got drunk and ate Shrimp Poutine and caviar.

Wide seats too, I just sprawled out and watched the film of a lifetime.
>>
>>63811024
The clapping. Whoever came up with this stupid idea to clap at a screen with pre-recorded footage and no actual live people on stage will forever baffle me. My sister made fun of the clappers by clapping and whooping during the really blank period before the Lucasarts logo came up, and a bunch of people joined in on the mockery.
>>
>>63814701
>Star Wars is truly fucking dead

Yeah, no, you're a faggot

just because the normies show up to see a Star War doesn't mean it can't also be the best movie that's come out of this franchise since 1980
>>
>>63814578
Furry here.
I though that was pretty funny.
>>
>>63814857
Shrimp and gravy?

Sounds delish :^)
>>
>>63814595
no one thinks you're cool for it
>>
File: laughing-nerf-herder.gif (490 KB, 500x225) Image search: [Google]
laughing-nerf-herder.gif
490 KB, 500x225
>>63814497
>my chain wallet
>they were enforcing the no singles policy that night
>>
>>63814871
This. It's like the retards who clap at football games in pubs. They can't hear you dumbasses.
>>
>>63814854

Based dad lol he did this just to trigger your autism and embarrass his son
>>
I was at an aisle seat and the theatre was full of kids cause I went to a 4pm showing and holy FUCK people just wouldn't stop getting up to go to the bathroom so my view was blocked about 15% of the movie.
>>
>>63814871

Your sister sounds severely autistic
>>
>>63814880

> a frame by frame SJW rehash of ANH
> good
>>
>>63811024
This, but he had a retard laugh
>>
>>63811024
I called ahead of time to see if the theater had sold out. Dude told me he had over 200 seats unfilled. When I got there an hour later it was at about 80% capacity.

Thankfully, besides some tepid clapping at the "A long time ago" screen, the theater was mercifully quiet. Everyone behaved like adults.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, no one clapped after either. What a mediocre movie.
>>
>>63814701
Star Wars has always been for normies. ANH is the second highest grossing movie of all time when adjusted for inflation. Anything that prints money is for normies.
>>
>>63815027
come on senpai, when you're using buzzwords like that it's hard to actually argue

You didn't even see it, did you? You just read a plot summary on wikipedia and think you understand the movie
>>
Was anyone not surprised that there was no Disney Logo at the beginning? If they put one in, it would have devalued the film.
>>
>>63814871
I would bang your autistic sister
>>
The clapping was really annoying. Happened when rey beat kylo and a bunch of other shit. The clapping at the text scrawl was tolerable as I was in hype mode, but it got annoying throughout the moving lol.
>>
>>63815163

I just came back from seeing it anon,
there were some original scenes here and there but it was basically the same fucking story,

- same robot crash landing in desert planet with secret plans (map)

- farmgirl with a secret/powerful lineage

- Han Solo is basically Ben Kenobi

- Another freaking Sith Lord

- Death Star 3.0

people actually liked this shit?
as weird as some EU stories were at least they tried something different.
>>
>>63815222
Many would want to, anon. I don't blame y'all.
>>
This is why I never go watch something opening weekend. Too much mouth breathers.

>>63813346
This guy gets it.
>>
Not exactly shitty, but when Kylo Ren took off his helmet, the whole theater laughed their asses off. We couldn't even hear the next two lines of dialogue because everyone was laughing so hard
>>
>>63814578
My dick.
>>
>"Your father, Han Solo" line
>cheers, gasps, and screams stop people from hearing the next 10 seconds of dialogue
>>
Anyone have the torrent of the cam?
>>
>>63814723
Hoodrat niggers are literally too dumb to even comprehend Star Wars.
>>
>>63815234
>clapping
This literally only happens in America.
>>
>>63815451
there's a cam torrent at all?
>>
>>63811024

I went to one of those theater-grill places that served food. Nobody clapped or anything, so that was good. The movie was fucking terrible tho
>>
Any camrips yet?
>>
>>63815671
>>63815697
Yep.

A Mega link
>>
>>63811024
There was a blackout near the end of the movie. I won't lie though I actually enjoyed it somewhat
>>
>>63813090

Why didn't you?
>>
File: 1435960721845.jpg (44 KB, 430x290) Image search: [Google]
1435960721845.jpg
44 KB, 430x290
>>63814985
I'm sorry anon my friends and I thought it was a good idea to go to the pub before hand

Never again

At least I managed to force myself to go twice when they were still on Jakku so I didn't miss any of the good parts
>>
One guy in the back shouted, twice, "I FUCKIN' KNEW IT!" and the chick next to me couldn't stop squealing and shuddering as if she was constantly on the edge of orgasm. Other than that, though, good experience. The theater was one of those bring-food-into-the-theater deals, with a restaurant in the front, so that was cool.
>>
This faggot hipster wearing flipflops when it was in the 30s today and drinking beer at a 10:30 am showing. His uggo girlfriend went to the restroom and when she came back he whispered all the things that happened when she was gone, then he went to the bathroom and she told him everything that happened when he was gone too. So much hate. Also fill out this poll.

http://strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
File: 1446135146813.jpg (29 KB, 250x256) Image search: [Google]
1446135146813.jpg
29 KB, 250x256
>Han Solo appears
>everyone cheers
>Leia appears
>complete silence
I fucking kek'd
>>
>>63811024
>see it with my friend that also hates the audience experience
>decide to go friday at 11am, after the hxc midnight fans but before the kids get out for winter break
>the falcon shows up there's about five people clapping
>every OT reference after than has one person in the back row clapping
I'm glad I waited until after opening night, but it could have been better. Actually no, given how bad theater are expect to be it was actually really good. For the most part the audience and me found the same things funny. I was all for the occasional gasp or laughter at BB-8. That lighter/torch/thumbs_up totally worked on me.
>>
>>63815748
Pass that shit homie
>>
>>63816397
This
>>
>>63816262

Carrie Fisher looked like a burned out old hag, she was disgusting. Her voice is impossible to listen to without laughing now.
>>
>Han and Chewie appear
>uproarious applause in the theater
>someone starts clapping at every single old character getting reintroduced
>everyone else reluctantly joins in because they don't want to make the other actors, who aren't really there, feel bad
It's okay that you only feel like clapping for Han and Chewie, guys. Don't give a fucking movie screen pity applause...
>>
>>63815069
>tfw got back from it 2 hours ago
>tfw nobody made a sound in it or even cheering
>tfw everyone behaved like functional adults

feels good guys, didnt have any faggots ruining this for me

10/10 movie
>>
>>63811024
I didn't want the clapping meme to be real I really didn't.
Fucking America.
>>
>>63816262
thats cause han solo had a epic entrance with chewy on the millenium falcon. We all thought it was gonna be storm troopers or some shit but it was them and a big surprise. Leia appearing was just a given cause we all expected her to show up when they got to the temple place.
>>
There was the most genuine, strangled cry of anguish when Han bit it
Never before have I heard such pain.
It was me. Sorry everyone in theater 10.
>>
>>63815321
Does he? Because tomorrow is the start of the opening weekend. How high are you?
>>
>>63815306
This is exactly why the movie isn't an artistic continuation of the saga. This trilogy will make a black eye on the series because of the fact it is a new hope. How many times have you watched something that had an ongoing plot, only to see the exact same fucking episode/movie?

Has this ever happened? Is it acceptable?
>>
>>63816819
Anyone who claps in a movie at all has autism unless it is a standing ovation at the end and the movie truly deserves it unlike this hacked piece of jewery.

There is a a reason it tells you to shut the fuck up before the movie and yet morons keep wearing their fucking nostalgia backpacks and need to show off that "hey I know and liked that character too! tee hee!"
>>
>>63816925
This has been going on since, maybe earlier than 2007 when I started going to midnight showings somewhat regularly because of a friend.
It gets worse the more popular the film.
>>
>Clap at the logo
>Clap at the Title
>Clap at the scroll
>Clap at every reference to the old films
>Clap at most lightsaber ignitions
>Don't clap when Luke shows up

Still don't understand that last one.
>>
>>63814701
>full of normies
NEWS FLASH EVERY MOTHER FUCKER IN THE WORLD LOVES STAR WARS, IT IS THE EPITOME OF MOVIES THAT NORMIES LOVE
>>
>>63814761

Why the fuck would you show up to a movie you pre ordered tickets for an hour early?

Drinking booze and smoking weed until the last possible minute and arriving during the shitty previews master race here
>>
This guy behind me kept calling Kylo "Jason".
All I had in my mind was Heavy Rain the whole time.
>>
>>63817777
>This guy behind me kept calling Kylo "Jason"
Fucking why?
>>
I meant to go to /tv/ but I feel like i'm in /r9k/
>>
>>63814871
post your sisters auti-cunny m8
>>
>>63817777
>>63819088
jacen solo
>>
File: nostalgia backpack.jpg (123 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia backpack.jpg
123 KB, 500x374
>>63811024
well I could help it if the movie wasn't so giggle worthy.
>>
>>63814871
Is this your sister?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgvwqvamdts

Autist/10 would bang.
>>
>>63811024
>douchebag's cellphone playing music during han solo's death
>doesn't shut off for a good minute
>douchebag asked to leave by usher
>>
>>63813039
>work at a movie theater
>watch TFA early
>creep into primetime earliest showing during Han's death scene
>literally zero reaction from the audience whatsoever

Just be glad you have genuine Star Wars fans in your area.
>>
I'm Australian and I have never witnessed people in a cinema clapping. I always thought it was an American meme, but when the film started people began clapping. They also clapped for Han, but that was it.
Another annoyance was a 6 year old girl who would talk during quite scenes and kept asking her (I assume) dad what was going on. I mean really, you shouldn't take someone so young to a move like that.
>>
File: bob happy birthday.jpg (86 KB, 500x646) Image search: [Google]
bob happy birthday.jpg
86 KB, 500x646
>>63819593
>implying true fans didn't already know he would die.
>>
>>63819593
OH THAT FEEL.

I know it so well. I was in a packed showing 3D @ 11 and NO ONE outwardly reacted to that.
>>
File: 1443416358760.jpg (15 KB, 330x262) Image search: [Google]
1443416358760.jpg
15 KB, 330x262
>>63814701
>captain plasma glasses
What did he mean by this mean by this /tv/?
>>
>13 year old fucker muttering "Stab him, stab him" during the whole Han/Kyloe Ren scene

Have some fucking respect god damn it
>>
>people in my group literally didnt realize it was the millennium falcon for a solid 2 minutes
>didnt laugh at the trash compactor joke
>proceeded to laugh at every single BB-8 sound
>brother in law talked the entire time
>>
File: 1443590869657.gif (2 MB, 282x207) Image search: [Google]
1443590869657.gif
2 MB, 282x207
>>63814497
>>
>>63819696
There was a group of teenagers behind me reading a summary of the OT out loud before the movie started. Pretty sure this was their first Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63819593

I went into the movie spoiler free and it was obvious as fuck at least 30 minutes before it happened.
>>
>>63815306
i can't wait for an honest trailer of this movie
>>
>trailer for some new shitty 3D movie called "zoo something" with garbo 3D animals
>some stupid kids tier humor with some 3D fox and shit
>people laughing out loud

really?
fucking normal people

also
>fallout 4 ad comes on
>hear guy not far away going "hell yeah I love this game so fuckin good man you gotta get it"

end yourselves
>>
>>63814578

>What. Do. You. Call. A. Camel. With. Three. Humps?
>>
This movie should have been called the Clappening, it really makes me sad to be in Clapistan.

But in all serious, the clapping going on was laughable, but it seems to be that way in every movie I see in theaters.
>>
>>63817777
Jacen quads
>>
>>63811024
>that black guy who laughs too hard and keeps saying that nigga in even Finn scene.
>>
>>63814497

This post has multiple jokes about multiple things in it.
>>
>go see star wars
>theatre full of kids
>trailers starts
>"carol"

jesus christ disney, this is a kids movie
>>
>>63819896
i've never experienced clapping or people loudly excited in a cinema. i wish i would be cool.

my worst experience is seeing Superman Returns and a little kid kept on whining the entire movie.
>>
>>63819546
Nah, but she is blonde.
>>63819240
She thinks I'M the weird one, so that's impossible, sorry.
>>
>>63814871
I started clapping during Han's death. The people next to me just stared at me the entire time
>>
File: 1446759833980.png (405 KB, 642x584) Image search: [Google]
1446759833980.png
405 KB, 642x584
>be me
>be tourist in the USA
>go to cinema, want to see TFA
>am told that I am not allowed to see a movie all by myself as a single
>forced to buy second ticket for a random hobo I found nearby, bring him with me
>buy some popcorn before entering theatre
>"that'll be $9.99 plus tip"
>pay up, go in
>have to climb over all the fat people in scooters
>finally reach my seat
>the classic Star Wars text scrolling intro begins
>loud whistles and clapping in the room
>everyone claps whenever something happens
>Han and Chewie appear a bit later
>clapping becomes so loud my ears are almost bursting
>he says "Chewie... we're home"
>everyone else stands up, I see tears in the eyes of the people next to me
>they clap wildly and shout "USA! USA! USA!"
>one guy claps so hard he breaks his arm
>suddenly hear gunshots
>some kid in a jar jar costume came in from behind with a shotgun and has started gunning down people in the audience
>panic breaks out
>some people are not sure whether to run away or whether to clap and applaud
>I try to make a run for it, but some fatso on a scooter runs me over and I fall down
>get hit by the shooter
>am dying as I type th
>>
The audience was 99 percent Reddit.
>>
i went to a 2 am imax 3d showing so no kids were there, i only saw people that looked 18+.

20 minutes of trailers was a lot, people were audibly sighing everytime the green mpaa screen would pop up.

usual applause and ooohs and aaahs when certain characters or references were done

han and kylo's scene was so anticipated that i could hear people saying "oh no...oh nooo" as han approached kylo. after that scene, everyone seemed to go quiet. i didn't hear any crying or anything but i think because it was so awkwardly done, adam driver's acting was inconsistent imho.

people audibly went "yusss" when rey 'awakened'. that was probably the best scene for me though. top 4 lightsaber duel probably.

what surprised me the most is the ending scene with luke's reveal. i heard nothing, no surprise no clapping no cheering, but when iris wipe came, people clapped.

>>63817429

wow same here man. i think because the movie was so fast paced/the editing felt really really fast at times, really sucked out the energy out of everyone by the time luke is revealed at the end.
>>
>>63811024
some guy started playing terraria behind me during the previews
>>
File: 1432956252823.png (84 KB, 245x316) Image search: [Google]
1432956252823.png
84 KB, 245x316
>>63811024
Those fucking group of autistic retards who were fully grown men who laughed at every scene where Kylo Ren took his mask off.
>>
File: moot laugh.jpg (16 KB, 363x510) Image search: [Google]
moot laugh.jpg
16 KB, 363x510
>>63814497
>my chain wallet
It's the sleep deprivation but I"m laughign very very harder. How do people have the presence of mind to bring this shit up? kek
>>
>>63820176
To be fair, he really does look like a weenie

They should have never had him take off his mask except for a brief moment when talking to Han
>>
>>63811024
>go to theater in china
>there's a couple foreigners
>two are dressed up like luke
>movie begins
>they turn on their laserswords and start waving them around, hooting and hollering like faggots
>everyone else is dead fucking silent
>they eventually figure it out and shut the fuck up

Otherwise, terrible experience because I saw the shitty new Star Wars.
>>
>Trailers come on
>3D isn't working LOL
>Everyone shouts at usher
>Screen goes dark for a minute
>Goes back on everything working
>STAR WARS LOGO Appears
>Everyone cheers
>Han and Chewie show up
>Everyone cheers
>Han dies
>Nothing

Over all the audience wasn't retarded.
>>
I actually had a good viewing experience

I live in tokyo, but that shit was subtitled in Japanese so I could understand it without trying
>>
>Majority of the theatre waits for the credits to end in case there's an after bit
>There's not
>Someone says "oh yeah, it's not a Marvel film"
>>
File: 1426001279368.jpg (42 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1426001279368.jpg
42 KB, 500x667
>tfw tonight I'll go see it for the second time

Saw the midnight premiere in German, tonight they show the original English one so I'll see that as well.
>>
>>63820235
right, but etiquette is a thing.
>>
>someone starts laughing loud like a retard when kylo ren takes off his mask
>>
I hate this Star Wars bandwagon shit. When will nerd culture die out? I can't enjoy anything anymore because it's fucking everywhere. Give it a fucking break pham
>>
>>63820322
*when severus snape took off his mask
>>
>>63820241
lol were you at the 8 pm showing near san dimas?
>>
>>63811024
Anticipating some crazed gunman to come into the theater at any moment

Thank, america
>>
File: 1442704246192.jpg (258 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442704246192.jpg
258 KB, 768x1024
>audience laughs when Han dies
>why.png
>>
>>63820340
stay at home. best way to avoid the disney propaganda machine.
>>
File: 1285823089075.jpg (50 KB, 472x637) Image search: [Google]
1285823089075.jpg
50 KB, 472x637
>>63820340
it's not really nerd culture if everyone is doing it, just saying

>words from an American software engineer living in Japan
>>
>>63820395
because it's so goddamned predictable
>>
>>63820237
>China
You guys are the reason Finn is a black sidekick and we have an animu tier protagonist.
>>
>>63820424
She's cute.
>>
>>63820355
Nope not even close.
>>
>>63811024
are you me OP? guy was like 35 and was giggling like a little bitch at every quirky lines. the fuck
At least, audience wasn't this dumb and didn't applaude at the end. Movie was okayish.
>>
>>63820433
I admit I laughed when the fat neckbeard fighter pilot checked in because he looked just like porkins. No one else laughed though.
>>
>go to see new star wars with friends
>only minimal laughter and clapping throughout the movie
>many people including myself stay to see if there's a scene after the credits
>grass shows up
>it was just bad robot
was surprised when i heard no reaction when Solo died
>>
There was a guy in the theater hallway talking on the cellphone and dribbling a basketball. I shit you not.
>>
>>63820027
top kek way to be a rebel
>>
There was one guy at my premiere in a kylo costume

He was a lanky nerd looking 15 year old with pimples
>>
One lady started to clap at the end and stopped when no one else did

I wasn't happy I had to sit in the front row center since I had to move my head to see everything

movie was great
>>
>>63820482
I thought he looked like Sargon of Akkad.
>>
Some fucking cunt with his gf sitting behind my group of friends kept loudly predicting what was going to happen next. Yes, the movie is predictable as fuck, you don't need to annoy everyone with your bullshit.

CHOKES THAT DUDE
LIGHTSABER IN THE BOX
HE'S GONNA KILL HAN

were just a few of the more obvious instances
>>
>>63820078
rest in spaghetti you meme machine
>>
>>63820482
Why can't I pick up on shit like this?
>>
>>63820505
>was surprised when i heard no reaction
It was telegraphed very obviously even for normies I think. The moment he walked out onto the bridge we all knew what was coming
>>
>>63820557
i'll admit i did this too but only whispered it to my friends
>>
>>63820589
We would just turn our heads and tip our fedoras knowingly at one another

I admit I kind of threw my arms up in exasperation at one point when they randomly destroyed the republic homeworld with no prior explanation
>>
>>63820629
what planet was that anyway i assume coruscant
>>
>>63811024
>girl in the row in front let's out a girly sigh at the end of an avengers trailer
>same girl then genuinely starts sobbing when han dies does this really need to be a spoiler still? which starts off a few of us laughing
>make shitty "oh look it's john snow" joke when kylo takes his helmet off for the first time
>people around laugh

The theatre was also nearly completely dead, and not in an american theatre way dead, I mean there was only about 20-30 people in the place. I went on the opening day as well.
>>
>>63814723
Your training is now complete as you realize that niggers ruin everything. From the simplest of things on up to the entire infrastructure of any civilization.
>>
>>63815234
I could not bear it. So glad I'm not American
>>
>standing in line inside theatre, surrounded by a few nerds and a couple drunk guys
>drunk guy is being a general faggot, saying hi to every person passing him and interjecting in other people's conversations
>some trenchcoated hypernerds roll up, ready to also aspietalk their way around the theater.
>drunk guy asks them if they're here for star wars, says he could tell by their trenchcoats
>talks with them a bit, nothing except cringey fag dialogue.
>i was standing next to the nerds but they smelled and ate loudly so i moved to a table
>begin to read my magazine as i have to listen to these faggots talk about doctor who
>drunk guy says "fuck" in a sentence
>ponytail trenchcoat loudly tells drunk guy to "not use language like that."
>drunk guy begins to laugh as he realizes this guy is serious
>i am loling as well
>they banter back and forth and vaguely threaten each other from 15 feet away in the line
>the movie sucked
>>
>>63820666
Hosnian Prime.

Literally nobody understood this without googling for it afterwards. Really shitty writing
>>
File: 1450514429807.jpg (152 KB, 960x431) Image search: [Google]
1450514429807.jpg
152 KB, 960x431
>>63820831
>he could tell by their trenchcoats
what did he mean by this?
>>
I haven't seen a movie in an actual theater in like... well probably since TPM in 1999, when I was in like 3rd grade

I did not think people were actually going to fucking clap

It wasn't at "Lucasfilm" it was when "Star Wars" logo appeared

The theater was full of normies who actually laughed at the terrible cringe inducing trailers for "Kung Fu Panda" and shit like that

That's probably how it always is, again I haven't been to a theater in 16 years
>>
File: 1449348236130.jpg (28 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
1449348236130.jpg
28 KB, 493x495
>>63820395
>>63820433
>be leah
>never learn to use the force
>just command and send orders
>husband comes back and wants to bang
>use this to make him get our son back
>he thinks it can't be done
>make him go anyways
>oh what a surprise he kills him
>only know enough force to feel his death
>tfw spend my whole life with learning the force and just sent my husband to get killed by our shit son.
>mean while some bitch autist can learn the force whenever necessary.

han's face when he realized he just wanted to get his dick wet with the princess one last time. she got some mad force pussy powers
>>
>>63820450
>she
>>
>watch film in London
>credits begin rolling, lights come back on
>one lone guy begins clapping, awkwardly trails off when he realises nobody is joining in

Gotta admit, that was the best part of the experience for me
>>
>>63817297

I don't think you understand autism
>>
The whole theatre was silent until the end where a few people clapped. Fucking normies
>>
File: 1447600873884.gif (844 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1447600873884.gif
844 KB, 200x150
>>63820078
>>one guy claps so hard he breaks his arm
>>
>>63822350
all I got was one guy go "woo" when the Lucasfilm logo appeared at beginning
kek
>>
>>63811024
>>63811024
>>63811024
>>63811024

Am I the only one that gets angry when people let out that fat nerd laugh in theaters at the 'supposed to be funny part'?

The best example is when Kylo is throwing that tantrum after realizing Rey escaped and the troopers walk in and then briskly walk out when they see it. It's like a 'heh' moment but there's always that greasy aspie fucking faggot that laughs like he's never seen a joke before.

There's always one at every action, horror, or adventure movie.
>>
>all these posts about clapping and cheering

Jesus Christ America, it's a screen. The cast and crew are not present.

I can just imagine people sitting at home alone watching movies on TV and applauding at the end, it's essentially the same thing.
>>
>>63822555
>I can just imagine people sitting at home alone watching movies on TV and applauding at the end
I applauded when I watched the X Factor by myself at home.. yeah I am heaps weird
>>
>>63820340
>nerd culture

The Star Wars movies were never part of "nerd culture". Nerds just took three good movies and turned them into their own universe within ours.
>>
>>63822586
>x factor

I hope you clap until your arms are nothing but bloody stumps.
>>
File: REEEEEEE_Krul.png (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE_Krul.png
50 KB, 1280x720
>>63814701
This. Thing is, I went to a theater that normally plays indies when I saw it on Thursday. And yet here they were, in their cheap costumes and loud hooting and hollering over the titles, han, BB*'s thumbs up. Ugh. Btw...

> Normies
Let's test New JIOR's alarm for the inevitable invasion of normies into this board, Shoko.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>go to see the theater's first showing at 7 on Thursday
>wait in the huge ass line that wraps around the theater and everything
>girl who ends up sitting next to me started texting like six different times during the movie
Jesus fucking christ, why go to the opening showing if you're not even going to watch the thing?
>>
>R2 finally turns on

>cheering like the first ever space shuttle was just launched
>>
>>63822656
>>R2 finally turns on
all I got was one kid go "wow" and gasp in the audience. that was all. my audience was practically dead as no one made a sound throughout.

one guy gasped too when Rey force grabbed the lightsaber.
>>
>went to theater

>got shot

>insurance refused to cover it becuse of high risk behavior: being in a theater on an opening day.
>>
My theater was pretty reasonable, but having to listen to a bunch of little mexican brats get excited every time BB-8 was on the screen was stupidly annoying.
>>
Han Dies, everybody silent
"WELL SO MUCH FOR HAN SOLO " behind me
>>
>>63822795

>Ohhhh, he got his ass HANded to him

Actually said in my theater
>>
The movie itself was great, but there were 2 things missing, that I personally loved about Star Wars.

1. Lightsaber fights - only 2 fights with that damn thing involved, one against a StormTrooper and other finally with another Force folder. And that one was really bad.

2. Kylo Ren's fucking face - I was so disappointed when he took off his helmet so soon and even more disappointed with his looks. I thought he was 14, had less facial expressions then that girl from a vampire movie and didn't have any of the majesty or presence that Vader had. Even his behavior reminded me of a small kid, who got his toy taken away.
>>
reminder that if you didn't see this in imax/gtx you're a pussy fag
>>
>>63820395
Bait
>>
Some guy was trying to sell a lightsaber outside the theater, there were a bunch of darth vaders, storm troopers and jedis. Crowd was packed and lively. Pretty fun 9/10 experience.
>>
>>63822840
Similar experience
>half blood prince in theaters
>scene where dumbledore gets hit with a curse and falls backwards off the tower
>"MORE LIKE STUMBLEDORE"
>>
>>63819593

See >>63819618 we all knew they wanted to kill him in Rotj and that they were gonna throw in some kind of "twist" into this movie.
>>
>>63811024
Little kid behind us kept coughing the same annoying cough every five minutes.

It seemed like everyone behind us was coughing and it was so fucking annoying. Were they all sick and dying? Pissed me off. Also right when the movie started the lights came back on for no reason and finally went off like 7 minutes in. Pissed me the fuck off.

As for the movie itself, I give it 3 bags of popcorn and two sodas, and a little toy lightsaber.
>>
>>63814578
I thought it was funny, lighten up dude.
>>
>>63820543
Are you sure it wasn't actually Adam Driver?
>>
Someone infront of me got there phone out and filmed the opening credits on snapchat.
>>
>>63822852
But you completely miss what makes Kylo Ren's douchebaggy face so awesome! He looks like hes actually related to Anakin Skywalker! Proving once and for all being a whiny lil emo bitch both runs in the family and skips generations.
>>
>>63822853
> IMAX
Nigga, you got ripped off. Why pay Mickey your extra Benjamin bills for digital conversion hack job when you could see it in dope-ass 2D?
>>
>Sit in theater
>Russian tourist couple sit next to me and my friend
>Trailers show up, new jungle book movie
>Fuckers shush me down because I'm talking about the trailer
>Movie starts, the idiots won't stop talking
>I shush them down
>The guy stares me down like I'm supposed to be scared
>I stare him back down
>He goes away for a bit
>Comes back, starts talking to his stupid girlfriend again
>I shush him again, he stares me down again
>I give up and just watch the movie
>In the end of the movie I wish them, smiling, that their plane crashes and their families get raped by niggers
>He smiles back

Fucking russians are scum of the earth, why would you go to a midnight debut of a movie to TALK the entire time
>>
>>63814595
That's a good mindset to have. This one was basically Star Wars: EXTREME

>>63814915
I really wish I didn't see it personally. Holy hell was that disappointing... Like the special effects and action were 10/10 but god damn I was cringing every five seconds when any of the characters were on screen.
>>
>>63823063
I saw it in gtx, which is 2d but the screen is twice as big and the theater is huge af. Only 2 bucks more and a lot better experience imho f a m.
>>
>>63822555
I saw it last night in the UK and it was the same as what these Americans are describing
>>
>>63823278
> UK crowds clapping and hollering at a film
> tfw when you moved from the US partially to escape that shit

R.I.P. United Kingdom 1215-2015
>>
>>63811024
>complete silence prior to the movie
>complete silence during the movie
>complete silence after the movie barring a few comments of "wow that was really good"

feels good not me fatmericunt
>>
>>63823278
the fuck area of the UK are you in? inbred midlands?
>>
>>63811024
The movie was meant to start at 12.01 but got delayed by about 40 minutes cause of the amount of people queuing at the concession stands.

While we are all sitting there waiting for everyone to come in so the movie can start everyone starts shouting and cheering as people are walking in with their food, some were left looking really awkward and almost started crying.

10/10 would shout abuse at them again
>>
>>63823278
> American culture leaking through every part of British Culture
> 51st state confirmed

Jesus Christ, I thought it was bad enough that Britain has embraced Chipotle and NFL. Soon enough we'll sounding like a bunch of hicks from Alabama...
>>
>>63813135
Der sperg, if the movie was a success - it's custom to clap when the end credits roll. At least that's how it was before angsty millennials.
>>
>>63814497
Theatre; metal detector; singles policy. My lord. America's standards are under the gutter.
>>
I saw the first showing of the day in a really old vintage theatre that nobody really goes to but old people.
It's nice. It's franchise owned but the guy who manages it puts on indie and foreign stuff all the time.
>>
File: assburger.jpg (6 KB, 196x223) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
6 KB, 196x223
>>63814578
Anyone else unable to laugh out loud? I can't remember the last time I found something really funny. Yet everyone in the theater was laughing at this loudly.
>>
I live in a Slavland
there were literally 15 people at premiere in my town. Absolutely no reaction.
>>
>>63823867
>live in a slavland
>ask my mom to get me tickets because she writes for a newspaper and they often get premiere tickets for shit
>there is a fucking dickload of checks and queues to get premiere tickets
>mom can't get me tickets
>go buy tickets
>everything fucking bought out even though we have more cinemas than people in the town
>have to settle for the shittiest cinema in the town
>it's full

Idk where you're from, but...
>>
>Loud shouting and whooping when the opening crawl begins
>Some neckbeard starts yelling "YEAAAH" and causes more applause when the Falcon appears
>Even worse clapping when Chewie and Han appear
>Clapping and cheering when the credits begin
>Reddittor group nearby laughs like a bunch of morons at every Marvel tier quip
>>
>>63824001
Oh, I almost forgot
>Le nerds XDDD all laughed uncontrollably at the Deadpool trailer
>Unironically proclaiming Bat man v Superman as good
>>
During the scene that Han talks to Ben, the entire theater was quite the whole time. And then when Ben stabs him with the lightsaber, the entire theater remained dead silent in shock, except for the guy sitting right next to me, who said "I woulda slapped him". and made a slapping motion.
>>
>>63816262
they clapped for threepio but dead silence for leia
>>
>>63817753
Ayeeee my nigga. Did that for mad max, f&f7, crimson peak and that barry crimmins doc.
>>
>>63815599
Unfortunately not, anon.
There are faggatrons haunting the theatres in Australia too.
>>
File: 1445090281016.jpg (45 KB, 498x371) Image search: [Google]
1445090281016.jpg
45 KB, 498x371
>>63820078
You tried. But very hard, but you tried.
>>
>>63819593
>just be glad
>My audience clapped 11 times and roared all the way through
>>
>>63819962
Trust me, it ain't cool
>>
>be me
>sit in good seat
>seat is actually behind landwhale neckbeard with head size of giant watermelon. literally allahu akbar beard
>have to move seat but lucky there was a spare in the row
>allgood.jpg
>>
File: chick.png (689 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
chick.png
689 KB, 853x480
>Be me
>Watch it in a 12 seat private cinema i booked with friends.
>free hotdogs and popcorn on tap
>free drinks
>comfy seats
>only $500

It was well worth the price.

I suggest you guys look into this if you want to see a movie with friends but without the usual dickbags ruining the experience.
>>
>>63816241
ppl actually go to the 10:30am showing?
it's a ghost town here which is why i always go for big movies in the morning or atleats early afternoon
>>
>General HUH? when Kylo took off his helmet
>Applause when Rey used the force to bring her lightsaber to her hand
>>
>>63811024
I went with my wife and the fat lard next to her stunk so bad of sweat I could smell it from where I was sitting. Fucking disgusting.
>>
I saw it last night and had a great time.
When the Lucas logo appeared the entire theatre went silent and when the title and score smashed onto the screen everyone started cheering and applauding, me included. It felt great and i was so happy.
Äfter that everyone was completely silent throughout the movie except for laughing at the jokes. Perfect experience. When some guy pulled out an tech-9 in the theatre and started shooting i was only grazed by a bullet so it didn't ruin it for me.
>>
File: 1448319643853.jpg (76 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1448319643853.jpg
76 KB, 360x240
>>63825038
>$500 for star wars
I'm paying around $15 and even then im not happy
>>
>go to cinema
>start clapping
>guards tell me to leave
fuck europe
>>
THIS LITERALLY WOULD HAVE BEEN MY BEST THEATER EXPERIENCE EVER IF NOT FOR ONE GUY WHO MADE AN ANNOYING FUCKING COMMENT TO HIS WIFE EVERY FUCKING FIVE SECONDS AND LAUGHED IN THE MOST OBNOXIOUS WAY POSSIBLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It was an old fucking man too. How the fuck do people live their lives with such low self-awareness and respect?
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 480x480
>>63826765
forgot pic
>>
File: epvii-crawl.png (123 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
epvii-crawl.png
123 KB, 400x300
Definitely non-shitty, but I'll tell it anyway:

>Theater half-full for 1:00 afternoon show.
>Crowd in my area usually doesn't cheer/applaud, so pretty quiet.
>Crawl starts
>I start hearing a voice behind me, sort of speaking low
>What the hell? Who decides to have a conversation NOW?
>This bright-eyed kid, five or six, watching in amazement with his mouth agape
>It's his father reading the crawl to him
>He emphasizes just the right words and is attentive to alternate between watching the crawl and his son's face.
>The look of bliss on that kid's face.

That's probably my favorite moment from the whole film.
>>
Cinema full of annoying asians talking during the final scene and any dramatic parts because there werent any loud noises to cover them up

Little girl nagging her dad throughout the whole film

Chinese. Subtitles.
>>
My theater was nearly full.
The audience clapped loudly throughout the movie, but I totally didn't mind because I was extremely stoned.

10/10 experience tbhf
>>
>Those fucking kids next to you
>Me and their parents tell them to shut up multiple times
>Eventually one of them does, he even whispers to the other to be quiet
>He's still saying dumb shit and laughing like a hyena
>>
> Go to a 2 am showing with my roomates.
> Theater all two ourselves
> Make nigger jokes when Finn takes Poe's Jacket.
>>
>>63827275
too*
>>
>>63813039
to be from the US
>>
>>63811024
>Guy wearing a hat sitting directly in front of me, who couldn't read the opening text without moving his head rather than his eyes.
>Guy to the left who did a single loud clap every time there was a reference to the OT.
>>
>>63820395

Because he's finally happy. You can see how at peace he is when it happened.
>>
>>63827332
to*
>>
>>63826294
$500/12 = $42 each.
>>
File: goat.jpg (24 KB, 395x594) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
24 KB, 395x594
>>63811024
my cinemark is cheap as fuck. 4 bucks. going up there at 10 central. pretty early, I hope not many are there.
lll be annoyed if its packed. Haven't been to a movie since JP1 reshowed in theaters in 2013.

>tfw you are in the theater and people start clapping at the ending
I hope I don't see this happen.
>>
>>63823656
for what reason? nobody who worked at the movie is there...
>>
>>63813039
this is why I go to the theater on mondays. least amount of people there.
>>
>>63814497
>chain wallet
disgusting teenager tier. wtf
>>
>£7.99 for a small nachos
>>
File: ayy.jpg (220 KB, 590x354) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
220 KB, 590x354
>>63814854
based pops. kek
>>
>>63827788

You're a baka.
>>
>>63815184
good. i like this news. going to watch it in 40 mins. hype is building.
>>
File: KEK.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
KEK.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>63814497
>chain wallet
>2015
>being a gothfag teenager
It's not 2001 any more, faggot.
>>
File: pleasedHank.jpg (9 KB, 348x326) Image search: [Google]
pleasedHank.jpg
9 KB, 348x326
>>63825038
>Tfw paying $4 for a matinee ticket.
hell yeah, love this cheap place. I will spend on popkek and soda tho, i never go to the movies.
>>
>>63820151
>20 minutes of trailers
Jesus Christ this. Saw it in Bongland and there was a good 5 minutes of ads, 10 or so of trailers, followed by more ads before the courtesy shit followed by 90% of people taking out their phones to put them on silent.

Having known the "big spoiler" when it came close, being sat at the very back, I was looking around to see people's reactions. A guy in the row in front put his hands on his head and uttered "Nooo."

I laughed at a few moments but mostly because of thinking how it's going to be talked about on /tv/
It wasn't long before all those call backs to ANH just made me sigh and roll my eyes though.
>>
>>63827217
>extremely stoned
Do you even remember what happened in the movie?
>>
>>63819593
>>63819646
Same thing with my theatre.

I only went because my gf went (I would've dled it later, otherwise) and even though she likes Star Wars, she only squeezed my hand when he died.

I think everybody knew it was coming as soon as the scene started, which killed the effect.
>>
>>63826920
This is cute.
>>
>some fat sperg in front of me yells for the alliance when the war craft trailer comes up
>a whole row of disgusting fatties shoving shit movie food into their mouths and clapping everytime something nostalgic happens
>>
> live in farm town, central California
> go to 3pm show to beat post matinee rush
> no line to buy tix
> no line to wait for seating
> theater doesn't even fill
> only a single turbo nerd is dressed up
> only person to clap is turbo nerd at the end of movie but he got the hint that no one else was so it was brief

I really enjoyed the movie and the painless experience

a sketchy lookin fella in one of those raggedy plaid two tone jackets with a buzz cut and tired eyes who was in the showing did make me a bit nervous at first
>>
>>63817429
Same shit happened.
Why tho.
>>
>Batman vs Superman trailer
>Wonder Woman shows up at the end
>DUDE I THOUGHT SHE WAS WITH YOU LMAO

Top fucking kek.
>>
File: Shrek your Privilege.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Shrek your Privilege.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
>live in japan
>bright white subtitles up the whole time
>assigned seating, had to sit near the front and look straight up
>polite/shy japs, despite a full house, didnt make a peep the whole way through

say what you will but i wish i couldve seen in back home, hear people cheer and laugh etc.

watching revival of frieza was so much fun back then
>>
>not even a quarter of the theatre is filled because I went on a school day. Family sits right next to me. Not even an empty seat between us.
Why?
>>
>everyone silent, on reclining theater lazy boys

going to the 1pm show on a friday at the fancy theater was a good idea, bros
>>
File: Feels good Sheev.jpg (550 KB, 1911x814) Image search: [Google]
Feels good Sheev.jpg
550 KB, 1911x814
>>63830330
>not even a quarter of the theatre is filled

Same as me yesterday only I got off better because I booked at the last minute. I was pretty much to myself with another loner like four rows in front of me and yet another loner two seats to my left with a walkway inbetween those two seats.
>>
>>63817429
The part where they showed Luke there were some excited gasps and the theater was mostly quiet. A more powerful scene than Han dying.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.