[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2 May 5, 2017 >Star Wars: Episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: StarWars_Marvel_0.jpg (183 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
StarWars_Marvel_0.jpg
183 KB, 1000x1000
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2
May 5, 2017

>Star Wars: Episode VIII
May 26, 2017
2 big space operas out in the same month. Disney is basically cannibalizing itself.
>>
Ep VIII is going to flop
>>
Neither GOTG or Star Wars are space operas. They're popcorn/action movies in space

The last attempt at a space opera movie was Ender's Game and it ended badly.
>>
>>63809835
ok whatever
>>
>>63809780
>Terminator: Genisys 2
>May 19, 2017

It's gonna be a slaughter desu
>>
File: 1438488031443.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1438488031443.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>63809780
>Disney is basically cannibalizing itself.

>GOTG has 3 weeks alone at the box-office before star wars.
>both belong to the same parent company, which means marketing synergy.

They will be fine, GOTG will probably benefit the most, would beat it breaks the billion mark easily. If I was another studio though I would not want to release anything that summer.

You also have MCU Spider-man coming that summer, which is a guaranteed billion.

This is the power of having the 2 largest franchises on earth. Off-topic(kind of): My theater ERUPTED to the Civil War trailer.

Disney can't be stopped.
>>
>>63809780
GotG2 will take place partially on earth, probably.
>>
>>63809964
>It's gonna be a slaughter desu

Pretty sure that was canceled.

Fake edit: Yup, it was.

http://movieweb.com/terminator-genisys-2-sequels-delayed/

The hated response and the 2 monster release probably had something to do with it.
>>
>Furious 8 comes out end of April 2017

GOTG 2 btfo
>>
>>63809780
That is one of ghe more annoying details. GotG deserves more room to do evdn bigger than ghe first kne
>>
>>63810187
>GotG2 will take place partially on earth, probably.

Highly doubt that.

>>63810228

The only chance it has is if it's loaded with Asians again. Domestically it's not impressive and they don't have the Paul Walker death this time. I'm willing to bet it doesn't crack a billion.
>>
>>63809945
so shut up
>>
>>63809780
>Disney holding sway over every summer for 8 fucking years
>th-this is it g-guys

Faaaaaaag
>>
>>63810228

Furious franchise is gonna taper off a bit now. I'm not saying they'll tank by any means but the hype was inevitably going to peak at 7 because of the Paul Walker stuff.
>>
>>63809835
Stop posting.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.