[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp. Now we know that Episode 7 was nothing to write home about.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: images(2).jpg (16 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
16 KB, 189x267
Welp. Now we know that Episode 7 was nothing to write home about. Let's all just agree this was movie of the year.
>>
>>63801620
Benny Hill
>>
This movie sucked beyond its visual flair, which itself became tiresome by the halfway point
>>
>>63801836
This.
>>
>>63801620
how can you even compare a cheap moneygrab rehash like SW7 to a master piece like Fury Road?
>>
I thought that film sucked, but since it's the only film I watched this year...
>>
>>63801620

While I initially liked Fury Road, I have since reflected and it was actually very repetitive. The Road Warrior was better constructed. Rob Ager did a great series of videos on it.
>>
its too popular /tv/ hates it
>>
>>63801620
yep
>>
>>63801620
>>63801851
Fuck off already, Reddit.
>>
>>63801620
It was.

Funny enough despite Mad Max being a very feminist movie, it was the one that ended up having more believable women characters, unlike Rey in Star Wars.
>>
I don't remember any of the action sequence, and this movie was just action sequences.

I also don't remember any of the dialogue outside of le witness
>>
File: sicario.jpg (3 MB, 4050x6000) Image search: [Google]
sicario.jpg
3 MB, 4050x6000
>>63801620
NO
>>
>>63802031
Fury Road actually had the good side of feminism, where women are real characters. Not "I am womyn hear me roar smash patriachy" feminism. Despite the fact that a number of people claim that's what it actually was. Plus just the fact the movie wasn't some sausagefest made it far more entertaining to watch.
>>
>>63801620
That's probably true but only because 2015 has kinda sucked for movies.
>>
>>63801620
I think Creed was my favourite of this year's releases.

Still have to see Carol, Big Short, Spotlight, Revenant and Hateful 8 though.
>>
>>63801969
ironically didnt push over dat billion unlike jurassic world
>>
I have a feeling that Miller's black and white "director's cut" with minimal dialogue is going to be the literal GOAT
>>
>>63802151
Y-you're actually right. JUST fuck my thread up.
>>
>>63802278
>I have a feeling that Miller's black and white "director's cut" with minimal dialogue

This is going to be a thing?
>>
File: 1412760471131.jpg (16 KB, 431x352) Image search: [Google]
1412760471131.jpg
16 KB, 431x352
>>63801620
>Mad Fury Road Max
>>
>>63802433
DON'T | DEAD
OPEN | INSIDE
>>
>>63802031
>>63802203
how is this femininsm?
isn't this just good writing?
>>
Meh, it gets tiresome halfway through with the same set pieces, didn't really care about the characters and the story.

There aren't enough charm and humour just like road warrior do, but still i really like the world-building and a lot of crazy stunts in here.

At least it brings memes to keep it alive, let's see what star wars can do
>>
>>63803023
Anon if you read those posts you'll realize that what you wrote is heavily implied.
>>
>>63802031

Yes. Furiousa was a good driver and a good shot, but she still got her arse kicked by Max and needed his help in order to triumph in the end. It has a female character who while strong is still vulnerable and has her weak points and moments of failure.
>>
>>63803023
Anon, if you take into account that feminists complain about women being shallowed portraid in movies, they are basically complaining about bad writing
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.