[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of this movie? > Okay, we acquired the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: Bitch Vader.jpg (13 KB, 279x160) Image search: [Google]
Bitch Vader.jpg
13 KB, 279x160
What was the point of this movie?

> Okay, we acquired the rights to what might be the most beloved franchise in cinema history. What do we do?
> Let's remake the original movie, line for line, with less interesting characters!
> Luke will be an annoying mary sue who is instantly great at everything
> Vader will be a whiny little bitch who isn't menacing in the slightest
> When we reveal the Death Star, instead of using it against a planet with a direct connection to the good guys with plenty of lead-up explaining why it's a big deal, we'll just fund a great big CGI explosion fest!
> Will there be any explanation of what planets they are, or why they're important to the good guys, or how the good guys relate to the bad guys?
> Nah, we'll just have a nazi lookalike shout about ending the senate, just like Vader did at the start.
> What about that new character, Fin?
> I don't know, just have him flop around and be useless.

Just watch A New Hope; it's the same movie but with better characters.
>>
>>63800578
>You will never be Daisy Ridleys human toilet
>>
>>63800578
didn't they say it was coruscant that got BTFO?
>>
It was a great movie the black guy was awesome the fact he was black actually added ro the movie. tone it down big deal
>>
To many try hard sad cunts on this board. Its a movie. Its 130 mi utes out of you day. If your expecting a life changing experience then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM not JJ or black dude or Daisy. Sad cunts sort your life out.
>>
>>63801945
hahaha yerp
>>
>>63801945
>If your expecting a life changing experience
I was expecting an experience noticably different than the one I had when I watched the original Star Wars.

Seriously, so much material, so many ideas, so much love and attention by fans, and what do they do? A remake.
>>
>>63802304
JJ made an entertaining movie, gave Rian fun new characters to play around with, and left him with a ton of options, it's not the life-changing event some hardcore fans were apparently expecting, but for a movie that reboots a franchise it's pretty good.
>>
>>63800578
>What was the point of this movie?

To make money you fucking child
>>
>>63801723
they did not. also, more than one planet got BTFO. multiple planets got BTFO but they only showed one.
>>
It really really surprises me so many people love Star Wars. Its all over the internet right now people making it a big deal.

I think pretty much they wanted to cash in on the fact that it is still popular and get lots and lots of $$$$$$$$. Personally I've never seen a single Star Wars movie all the way through and I never will. Space sword battles or whatever holds zero appeal to me.
>>
>>63800578
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63802642
Cool blog entry, bro.
>>
File: chair.jpg (13 KB, 302x357) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
13 KB, 302x357
WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF THIS CHAIR IT'S JUST A CHAIR IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING NEW ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO SIT ON IT OR SOMETHING DID THE CARPENTER WANT TO MAKE MONEY FOR HIS CRAFT FUCKING ART IS DEAD
>>
File: 1450309070165.jpg (198 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450309070165.jpg
198 KB, 699x1211
>>
>>63801945
>i-it's your fault... You shouldn't have expected it to be good.... 8/10
>>
>>63802702
Pretty good looking chair 2bh
>>
>>63800578

To rehash the OT and give this new trilogy a jumping off point.
>>
>>63802716
So what does this mean? Can we expect starkiller base 2.0 in episode 8?

i can't wait until episode 8 when kylo kills luke and episode 9 when rey bests kylo and then gets owned by sheev 2.0 guy only to be saved last minute by kylo :^)
>>
>>63801723

Nope! blowing up an established planet is too much of a risk! so they created Hosnian Prime to basically be Coruscant 2.0 and get blown up instead.
>>
>>63802781
It was actually pretty difficult finding a decent wooden chair on GIS. I don't get the stigma. Hard wooden chairs are the best, fuck your cushions.
>>
>>63802304
I like when new movies are being talked about and there's these sad people who feel the need to hate something because it's popular. How shallow is your life that you feel the need to do this?
>>
>>63802642

Star Wars is a modern American version of ancient greek myth, or old Jewish legend, or something. It is a very cohesive, well done Hero's Journey narrative, with the American flare of science fiction and heroic rebellion. Its everything it needs to be, does that extremely well, and is one of the only forms of the traditional Saga/Legend in the modern world. Regardless of whether you like it personally, on that basis it is on the level of the Illiad/Oddessy and other super classics.
>>
>>63802304
its the work of jj and I'm glad you star wars faggotsgot a dose of his canon-killing hackness
Christmas came early
>>
>>63802304
It was noticeably different. It was (for the most part) well acted. The dialogue didn't sound like it was written by a 12 year old. There were actual characters in it.
>>
>>63802716
>implying that the person who "edited" this didnt write the original rant
Fucking hell these new memes are shit
>>
>>63802982

>insulting someone for not being a bandwagon sheep

Your post is ironic
>>
>>63803056

>African American token
>Feminist-pandering Supergirl
>R2D2 but Orange
>Nazi General #32

>Actual characters
>>
>>63802982
Remember that Mark Hamill quote from months back about how it's just a movie?

I feel like the less expectations you go in with, the better. It's not "an experience", it's a fucking film.

Trying not to enjoy something is worse, but I doubt many people actually do that outside of trolling. But setting yourself up for disappointment? You had it coming.
>>
>>63800578

To make boatloads of money.
>>
>>63803117
The nigger would have been good if he wasn't a nigger. Rey was good if you aren't a misogynist. Kylo was good.

Whereas if we look at the full OT.

Luke is decent. Han is decent.
>>
>>63802982
>You just don't like it because it's popular!
>>
>>63803124
b-but m-muh nostalgia and h-hype
Fuck /tv/ is pathetic
>>
>>63803056
>actual characters
Who?

Rei "better at everything than everyone" Probably-Skywalker?

Finn "Basically Jar Jar without the voice"?

Han and Lea "I'm Getting Too Old For This Shit: The Characters"?

Kylo "I'm a whiny little faggot who throws tantrums and hates his dad" Ryn?

That's your definition of "actual characters"?
>>
>>63804375
>That's your definition of "actual characters"?
Actually, yes. That's characters.
The fact that you think you seen it before doesn't make them not characters. I guess your are complaining that they are not new and original? Because that isn't about characters then.
>>
>>63800578
There is no point, other than to make shekels and entertain. It was a well crafted movie, you are expecting too much from JJ especially if you want some morality tale or deeper meaning.
>>
>>63800578
do you even brain faggot?
>>
>>63803033
Yeah we are hard-wired to follow hero's journeys. We all want to be heroes. (and villains) ("Heroes and Villains".. good beach boys song you should listen to it)
>>
>>63805400
>>63803033
That didn't stop Star Wars 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 from using a different script than 4.
>>
>>63800578

To make lots of money.
>>
I hope it doesn't beat Jurassic World. At least JW was right up front about what a piece of shit money grab it was. JJ and Disney are actually pretending they give a shit about this franchise, or have some new story to tell.
>>
>>63804957
They're characters, just the same shit ones recycled from every summer blockbuster. The people no longer feel real because it's the same personality just with a different skin lathered on top with every single big release. Shit is still shit if you paint it pink.
>>
>>63800578
>Just watch A New Hope; it's the same movie but with better characters.

AND inferior visuals
>>
>>63805630
>They're characters, just the same shit ones recycled from every summer blockbuster.
Then complain about lack of originality. Obviously the film isn't Original, it is the 7th film in the franchise. But saying they are not characters is retarded and incorrect.
>>
>>63802716
>BB-8 doesn't land on the planet to escape the First Order
>Rey never meets Lars San Tekka
>Rey doesn't escape the planet with Han or Chewbacca.
>etc

stop with this bait image if you haven't seen the movie retard
>>
>>63805705
I wasn't the anon who said they weren't characters.
>>
>>63805546
Oh hell no I wasn't saying that. I think that from here is starts to get different and diverge. However, I understand the intense recycling: needed to feel like we're at home before we can go somewhere new.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.