[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how fucking based this guy is? He is easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: Poe_dameron.jpg (120 KB, 930x1104) Image search: [Google]
Poe_dameron.jpg
120 KB, 930x1104
Can we talk about how fucking based this guy is? He is easily a better pilot then any of the Skywalkers or Wedge. In fact, based on his kill count, I'd say he's better than all 3 of them combined.
>>
Is he going to be the flavor of the month fedora favorite or the traitor trooper?
>>
He was easily one of my favorite characters. I think one of the biggest flaws about this movie is that he didn't have enough screen time. Here's hoping episode 8 will develop his character more.
>>
>>63800589

the biggest flaw in this movie is that it is evident that there are a number of sequences cut from the film

>poe crashes
>he just fucking vanishes

I am sure the blu-ray will have additional scenes or every character to provide some more development.

Which I would not mind actually, it would be like having a mini-solo series for each character.
>>
If you think about it, he's the only "Ace Pilot" who has show any piloting skill. Anakin got autopiloted on a Naboo starfighter and crashed into the right place at the right time. Luke basically flew in a straight line while his teammates ate laser shots and Wedge, while his run was harder, didn't take out as many fighters doing it. Meanwhile you have this guy doing barrel rolls and blowing up fighters and picking off individual stormtroopers off the ground without hitting his friends.
>>
>>63800564
>movie starts with him
>he sets the pace and bar
>daring escape with bro-nigga
>disappears for an hour and twenty minutes
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>63800891
Being a trained pilot he probably ejected first thus landed further away.
>>
I wish we got to see a scene of him waking up and hitchhiking off the planet. I would've enjoyed more than the awkward exposition scenes.
>>
>>63800947
>Meanwhile you have this guy doing barrel rolls and blowing up fighters and picking off individual stormtroopers off the ground without hitting his friends.
That shot was awesome, and one of my favorites in the film.
>>
File: emicla.png (227 KB, 850x417) Image search: [Google]
emicla.png
227 KB, 850x417
>>63800564
He's a clone. He has been implanted with the memories and skills of a great pilot.

>2016
>posters on TV not even realising Poe is a clone.
>mfw
>>
File: youmayreadywhenfire.jpg (13 KB, 414x288) Image search: [Google]
youmayreadywhenfire.jpg
13 KB, 414x288
He's with BB-8 so he'll have a lot of screen time in Episode 8.
>>
I'm a guy who was sticking a cybershotgun up the rear ends of all the OOGABOOGA GORILLASTORMTROOPA /pol/ bullshit and I'm willing to admit that he was BY FAR the best character in the movie, including Ford's Solo.

>Dat genuine feel every time he did anything
>>
>>63801417

that is entirely plausable, though I guess we may have to wait for another movie to get an idea as to how he got back to base (or maybe it is a matter of, it is up to the fans to decide how he got back).
>>
>>63802084
No, it was Poe.
>>
File: 1450264036370.png (21 KB, 942x762) Image search: [Google]
1450264036370.png
21 KB, 942x762
>>63802084
>sticking a cybershotgun up the rear ends
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>63800564
Can't wait for his to turn out to be evil and cuts off Finn's hand in episode 8.
>>
File: 1436367712678.png (246 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1436367712678.png
246 KB, 550x535
>who talks first
>>
>>63800891
It was cut Abrams style, not Lucas style. People give the latter shit but he was a true student of the kind of thoughtful editing that moved a film forward just the right amount at just the right times. This thing was GOGOGO, and while it meant that it never felt slow, I never got a chance to fucking breathe. Any down moment was also filled with tension or WE'LL NEED TO MOVE IN LIKE 5 SECONDS.

Also not nearly enough of those old s'cool between-scene wipes.
>>
>>63802123
I was saying that Poe was the best. I wanted to like Finn more than I actually did, but Poe was so fucking noble that I couldn't help loving him.
>>
>>63802125
Shotgun's a honky weapon.
>>
I really hope they keep him a normal guy and he doesn't turn out to be Force sensitive or some shit.
>>
Yeah after watching the movie a second time i really wonder if he's force sensitive.
He's really a fucking good pilot
>>
We all know he's the better dancer
>>
>>63800564
> Wedge
When Poe survives a second Deathstar run, he can talk.
>>
>I'm gonna tear up the fucking battlefield, dude. Check it out
what did he mean by this
>>
>>63802478

Wedge has more like 1 and a half. He had to pull out on the first one. Plus Starkiller base is easily twice as big as the Death Star so Poe has 2.
>>
Best character in the movie. So glad Oscar Isaacs is in Star Wars.
>>
File: rosh.jpg (295 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rosh.jpg
295 KB, 1024x768
hey guys whats up
>>
File: 1449042464134.png (45 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1449042464134.png
45 KB, 200x200
>>63800564
This. Poe is so based it's not even funny.
Oscar is such a good actor that he's instantly likeable, I swear to God, him complementing Finn was so genuine and bro-tier it made you smile.

Was legit happy this nigga didn't die.
>>
The scene where he took Ou like 6 tie fighters in 30 seconds would have been impressive if everyone didnt do that to tie fighters.

The space battles in this movie were bland and Uninspired, just x-wings vs ties
>>
File: Poe.jpg (63 KB, 677x460) Image search: [Google]
Poe.jpg
63 KB, 677x460
>>63800564
Poe is a pure.

Hopefully we see more of him in VIII.
>>
>>63802787
Took out*

Damn autocorrect
>>
>>63802787
There weren't any space battles in the movie though, only atmosphere skirmishes.

The space battles will be DLC.
>>
>>63802787

>Everyone

I'm pretty sure neither Luke nor Wedge took out 6 TIEs in all 3 movies combined.
>>
>>63802910
>Literally the first ship fight is in LPO
>>
>>63803028
Do you mean the escape from the star destroyer? Hardly qualifies as a "space battle"
>>
>>63802681
Rosh, i'm on my way.
>>
>>63803116
They're fighting a Star Destroyer in a TIE Fighter. In space. It's a space battle.
>>
File: 1449505011442.webm (3 MB, 1278x522) Image search: [Google]
1449505011442.webm
3 MB, 1278x522
What will his role be in the next movie?
>>
>>63803256
From that point of view, you are right indeed.
>>
Did you expect any less from based Oscar?
>>
> be poe Cameron
> get captured 5 minutes into your mission
> get saved by dindu
> crash your TIE fighter
> hide like a bitch in a sinkhole
> coastisclear.jpg
> time to attack Death Star 3.0
> get in xwing and hide behind Son of Porkins
> be a glory hog
> go back to base and cry yourself to sleep
>>
>>63802681
KYLE DOESN'T SEEM TO REALLY FOSTER MY TALENTS
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.