[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everybody in the cinema laughed each time this guy showed his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
Everybody in the cinema laughed each time this guy showed his face. The time he showed his face in front of Han, I laughed too, I just couldn't take it.
After seeing this serious, mysterious but patient and competent Darth Vader wearing similar mask and costume and showing his face at long last - a disfigured scary old man face and then you compare it to this kid who shows his face at any opportunity and it's a long haired 20 year old virgin who's really incompetent, angry, destroying his base just for the fuck of it, it really is funny.
I'd say this movie suffered terribly for this idea of "evil", I mean this guy was supposed to be something like Death Vader but got defeated by a girl with no training. Couldn't feel anything evil and dangerous throughout the whole movie too.
>>
Stop trying to force this shitty meme. Go back to Reddit where you belong.
>>
>>63798754
get lost, cancer, I'm trying to discuss a movie here
>>
File: 1446024103964.jpg (92 KB, 358x429) Image search: [Google]
1446024103964.jpg
92 KB, 358x429
i feel like a lot of people are missing the point that he's meant to be conflicted, inexperienced, and way out of his depth. it shows in his dueling scenes, he has no finesse or grace, just pure rage and anger.

i though he was a really well written and acted character desu, the scene with han and him almost surrendering was neat
>>
>>63798719
a glib facsimile
>>
>>63799310
So you think the people in the cinema laughing at him being cheesy were just misunderstanding the point?
You might be right actually. I didn't really think into this much, just had this idea that Disney presented us a stereotypical villain.
>>
>>63799310
>i feel like a lot of people are missing the point that he's meant to be conflicted, inexperienced, and way out of his depth.

So main villain is meant to be edgy emo kid with parents issues? Well, it's worse than prequels then.
>>
>>63798719
He even got fucked up by Finn, a random Stormtrooper who had never used a sword (and got beaten by another generic Stormtrooper).
>>
>>63798719
That's the point. He's not as intimidating. That's his character.
>>
>>63798719
So you're telling me you'd prefer a literal MUH EVIL meme character as the main antagonist? Are you fucking 11 years old? Kylo is literally the first dark side user in the entire franchise to have the slightest iota of depth and relatability and you're complaining about it? Hilarious.
>>
>>63799599
He's intimidating when he's on his game I think. I find his unpredictability to be fairly scary
>>
>>63799621
Are you 12?
>>
>>63799685
Ey nice counter argument buddy congrats
>>
>>63799310
Actually he fought better than anyone in that movie
>>
>>63799310
>it shows in his dueling scenes, he has no finesse or grace, just pure rage and anger.
Funnily enough, his dueling scenes reminded me a lot of the Luke/Vader duels from ESB and RotJ. It looked far better than the intricately choreographed dancing from the prequels that lacked any emotion or tension.
>>
>>63799621
I'm complaining because Star Wars always was the protagonists fighting against some really evil and scary stuff, not a guy on a period.
>>
>>63799526
I really liked him, out of all the characters he is the one I want to know the most about.
>>
>>63798719
>I mean this guy was supposed to be something like Death Vader
The point is that he WANTS to be like Vader but is not.
>>
The dude reminded me of that neo faggot from Grandma's Boy.

There are also sexual/romantic undertones to Rey's relationship to Fin and this fag, which leads me to a reason I didn't like how this guy looked:

When they show Kylo trying to force Rey to reveal Luke's map or whatever, there's all this "I can take whatever I want from you" and she's gasping like he's fucking her. But she overpowers him because he's a weak, ugly nerd with no masculinity and it makes it way too easy that he isn't attractive in the least. They should've made him older and more handsome so that it would at least show that she's resisting temptation instead of just overpowering a virgin.

Shit was tacky as hell.
>>
>>63799767
>Star Wars always was the protagonists fighting against some really evil and scary stuff
>as if this obligates the new movies to anything

are you the type of person that was happy about a bigger death star?
>>
>>63799553
This is the most autistic way of looking at the films.
>>
>>63798719
This is becoming the new meme i guarantee it
Screencap this we will get greentexts of people laughing at his face.
Fucking shit memes
>>
I liked him, mostly because of his crazy 'tism. He is trying so hard to be like Darth Vader, but really is not at Vader's level of power or experience, so he throws fits of frustration.
>>
>>63798719
Fuck off Reddit you cunts.

Kylo Ren pulls of rage far better than young Anakin ever did.

His voice is badass as well.
>>
>>63799310
literally this 2bh familia
>>
>>63799310
>i though he was a really well written and acted character
animeposters everyone
>>
>>63799767
Dooku wasn't scary. I haven't seen the new one but I'm happy to hear they are taking a new direction and using a weaker and more conflicted antagonist. What, did you guys want another Darth Vader? You all complain about things being too similar to a new hope yet you are complaining that the antagonist is too different than what you expected?
>>
>>63799310
I think you just like him because you actually thought Anakin's story was good.
>>
>>63799883
>redditor only here because he thinks redit wars 7 is an invite to post here telling anyone to go back to reddit
holy shit
>>
>>63799883
Khylo Ren was Anakin Skywalker all over again compressed into one fucking movie and it was still just as bad watching three movies.
>>
>>63800009
Yep.
>>
>>63799821
this is the first time i've seen someone bring this up on /v/ and I thought it was pretty obvious. is everyone here literally retarded?
>>
>>63799855
Sure thing, only Kylo Ren belongs to capeshit, not Star Wars
>>
>>63799310

Exactly this

You guys are a bunch of fucking morons if you were expecting some hideously scarred monstrosity under the mask.

WHY would he wear a mask for no practical reason? Vader needed one because it was basically life support.

He knows he looks young & weak but he wants to be feared & respected.

Everyone has seen Batman Begins here, it's exactly what Bruce learns in that film. "Theatricality & deception" and it fucking works PROVEN BY THE FACT YOU THOUGHT HE WAS LAUGHABLE WITHOUT THE MASK.

FUCK
>>
>>63799821
>>63800119
Obvious? You're fucking autistic.
>>
>>63799310
>i though he was a really well written and acted character
Why are videogame players so dumb bros
>>
>gets beaten by a rando scavenger

Should have taken the high ground desu senpai.
>>
>>63800210
If you don't think there were sexual undertones to that scene you must be as much of a virgin faggot as Kylo.

Where else in life does a man stare deeply and intensely into a woman's eyes as she stares back into his while panting and gasping and a furrowed brow? Not in your bedroom ever.
>>
OP, you're retarded. Him showing his face is representative of his weakness. He wants to be Vader, but he's comparitviely weak and conflicted and chaotic and unstable. The contrast between the mask and the fact is part of the character. You're not supposed to think of Kylo as Vader 2.0; he's a wannabe and a failure.
>>
>>63799310
And people miss the important fact that he was shot from a fucking weapon that was launching stormtropers miles away...
it makes then a character conflicted, inexperienced and in constant damage from the wound
>>
I noticed people laughing and making jokes about how "gay" he looked etc.

What the fuck do people want? A second mask under his mask? Satan?
>>
>>63800167
>>63800315

Do you faggots realize that making him a pimply nerd was just a crutch so they didn't have to show us more through his actions that he was a wannabe? The fact that you admit that the audience thought of his character completely differently before he took his mask off proves this. That's fucking shit and you're not smart.
>>
>>63800398
Someone who doesn't look like a Jew caricature.
>>
File: Vader_Force_chokes_Motti.png (1 MB, 1214x815) Image search: [Google]
Vader_Force_chokes_Motti.png
1 MB, 1214x815
>>63800309
It was definitely dominant but in the same way this scene was. Not specifically sexual. He could mind rape people if he wanted, but that's not Star Wars' domain.
>>
>>63799553
>worse than
If ANYTHING it's on par with.
>>
>>63800509
lol no.
>>
>>63799948
dooku wasn't scary but at least he was competent and a badass
>>
>>63800509
I didn't say he was literally raping her you 13 year old trashheap. I said there were sexual undertones. Look up the words I'm using in the dictionary before responding.
>>
>>63800422

objectively wrong opinion
>>
>>63800146
how so? he has a lot more depth than any superhero villain i have ever seen. villains dont all need to be frieza or darth vader, especially not in a trilogy where they can grow
>>
>>63799664
This. Han wasn't afraid of him. He should've been though. ;~;
>>
>>63799956
Anakin was more scary before he became Vader. His creep factor was off the charts.
>>
File: harold computer.png (119 KB, 500x192) Image search: [Google]
harold computer.png
119 KB, 500x192
the biggest flaw of them all was not providing any backstory for WHY kylo turned to the dark side

at least with anakin we see throughout three movies that he's cocky, thinks the jedi do things wrong and finally gets pushed over the edge when sheev convinces him that the dark side can save his wife

there's no fucking backstory with kylo other than "yeah we sent him to train with luke and then he turned to the dark side for no reason" also that dumbass "snoke" villain comes out of nowhere and has no backstory
>>
>>63800398
Idk. Satan was pretty cool in TPM. And Boba Fett was cool until he took his mask off.
>>
>>63799767
>guy on his period

You just described Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>63800774
They even had a pretty good opening to flesh out kylo a bit more with the force vision as well.
>>
>>63800774
Movies shouldn't have to spell out everything to their audience like a fucking Nolan film. ANH didn't have a backstory to Darth Vader turning to the dark side either. The explanation was literally "the dark side seduced him". Then they made a whole other trilogy explaining WHY it happened and guess what -- it was complete shit.
>>
>>63800923
>it was complete shit.

and still better than episode 7

bravo JJ
>>
>>63800596
What undertones are there that aren't in the Conan Antonio Motti scene? Or the Poe Damaran scene?

We don't even know if Kylo Ren likes women. What if Darth Vader came back to life and commanded Kylo Ren to suck his cyber-dick? Would Kylo say no?
>>
>>63800923
It was a bit different with vader. His motives made sense without all the background exposition, but I think Kylo needed more fleshing out for his character to make more sense. Han's death had no fucking impact at all because we can't sympathize with kylo's position.
>>
>Kylo take off the mask
>chad alpha 420 blue eye masterrace doublechin pitt-clone
>instantly joins light side of force
>rey starts fingering herself
>the rolling robot seig heils
>han is proud

see? it wouldn't be as good
>>
I'm sick of people claiming that Kylo Ren is a better Anakain. That's literally not fucking true. Kylo is comedic relief character when compared to Anakain, he's beta, cringe(in both voice and apperance), and retardely emotional for no reason. The motherfucker literally reminded me of a parody on a millennial
>>
I mean isn't that the point of his character?

He throws a hissy-fit every time he gets bad news and he's so untrusted that his master hasn't even bothered to train him although he betrayed the Jedi.
>>
>>63801002
>dad of a good guy turns evil and betrays some Jedi order
>son of a good guy turns evil and betrays some Jedi order
>both told through exposition by some old person

It's like poetry.
>>
>>63801029
>the rolling robot seig heils

goodbye sides
>>
File: Hux.jpg (42 KB, 890x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hux.jpg
42 KB, 890x1000
>>63801029
If you ask me, Kylo Ren and General Hux should have been combined to form a new character, called General Hux.
>>
>>63798719
Yeah I live in Sweden and nobody laughed because everyone is really reserved, and Sweden yes-ish.

But holy shit he looks even less evil than Anakin.

I liked it when he killed Han Solo though. It would've been so awful if he didn't. But then they ruined by making him loose to a newbie Mary Sue stronk woman with 0 experience.

>its da force aint gotta explain shit
>>
IF Kylo is such a fanboy of Vader why didn't he look up some trivia and figure out Vader pussied out at the last minute?
>>
>>63799526
>So you think the people in the cinema laughing at him being cheesy were just misunderstanding the point?
Americans are generally retarded (as you can see here), so yeah. Definitely
>>
>>63801030
>retardely emotional for no reason

Umm, didn't he betray his parents best friend/mentor/last Jedi, run away, and turn to the dark side? To complete his training he has to kill his own father. Plus he's got Skywalker genes, and worships his mentally unstable grandfather.

But yeah, no reason.
>>
>>63801240
Who the fuck would tell him? Only one guy walked out of that room alive.
>>
>>63801217
I'm glad your imam decreed that the movie was halal. Did you remember your prayer mat and Mecca compass when you went to see the movie?
>>
>>63798719
i think they rushed the falling into the dark side aspect, the plot twist at the end was pretty forced

they also didnt give enough reasoning to why he wants to be powerful
>>
>>63801240
He think that Vader "fell" to the light side and thus couldn't FINISH WHAT HE STARTED
>>
He had legitimate fucking school shooter vibes going on, but in a sith form. Those are pale ugly virgins too, but tell me you wouldn't shit your pants. Unstable motherfuckers

That was the whole thing JJ was going for. Perhaps the villains of modern day aren't just intimidating figures who happen to be evil, but conflicted lost childs filled with rage and misunderstanding. Who's to blame, should we look in the mirror? I can't be the only one who thought about this
>>
>>63801421
That one guy that was his teacher?
You'd think anakin's force ghost could have helped in that situation
>>
>>63801421
>Luke lets never talk about this Vader stuff ever, k?

actually that makes sense desu
>>
>>63801441
No. I'm not a muslim loving type of guy. But I did prep my wifes bull before going to see the movie. She told me she had a fun time with him so I'm glad she enjoyed herself.
>>
>>63801217
Your wife and bull let you out of the cuck shed?
>>
>>63801217
Evil Anakin looked great. Super fucked-up raggedy evil bad guy.

But that isn't who Kylo was supposed to be, at all.
>>
>>63801485
Han even says there's always a way to blow them up.
>>
>>63798719

This is a millennial villain in a nutshell. You have to remember that and keep it in mind. This isn't a villain, this is what millennials identify with and think a villain is! This is what they ACTUALLY believe!
>>
>>63801511
Don't worry, the majority Muslim population of Sweden will convert you or kill you.
After all, you do live in an Islamic Kingdom.
>>
>>63801446
Which I'm sure is exposition we'll get in later films - either when he's completing his training with BigBad (so that in the next fight he'll actually be a threat rather than an angsty little bitch with a science sword) or if he starts to redeem himself. Again though - we never had it with Vader either until the prequels
>>
>>63799310
>>63800611
This.
>>
File: bf2_space.jpg (184 KB, 1598x898) Image search: [Google]
bf2_space.jpg
184 KB, 1598x898
I was disappointed when I first saw his face: goofy, non-threatening. "THIS is the new Vader?"

But he's not the new Vader, and that's the point. Rey even calls him out on it, saying he's afraid he'll never be as strong as Vader.

He's clearly very strong with the Force, but so far as maturity and skill he's no better than a weeaboo with a katana pretending to be a real Samurai.
>>
>>63801217
I'm pretty sure by the time he fought Rey, he has been shot and was bleeding all over the place, stabbed by a light saber and was still dealing with killing his father.
Why do people forget this?
>>
>>63799566

I'm sure Stormtroopers get some sort of melee combat training. That other stormtrooper drew his shock blade thingy.
>>
>>63799310

>he;s supposed to be shitty

well then who am I supposed to like?
>>
>>63801421
Luke was teaching Kylo and most likely told him this. Kylo probably thought Vader pussied out and thinks he could do better.
>>
File: 1703013-evil_anakin[1].jpg (35 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1703013-evil_anakin[1].jpg
35 KB, 540x360
>>63801217
>But holy shit he looks even less evil than Anakin.
Nigger what are you talking about, evil Anakin was bretty gud. It was the script and lines he had to shit out that were terrible
>>
>>63801628
The strong woman and the black bull!
>>
>>63801468
i'm pretty sure Kylo's arc is a bad-guy coming of age story with an eventual redemption or defeat.

>cocky dork bullying people because he has the force
>gets styled on by an amatuer
>come back in ep 8 as a real nigga
>die or redeem in ep 9

don't you guys remember Vader getting plinked out of the sky in ANH? then he got super salty and started freezing people in carbonite and chopping off hands.
>>
>>63801650
I feel bad that /pol/'s presence on this site is preventing us from liking Finn more than we do. I thought Finn was pretty great.
>>
>>63798719
When I saw him enraged and taking it against the control panel, I couldn't help but to think of him as an edgy emo teenager. Then he spoke more, showed his face, and any doubt was settled in his scene with Han.
>>
>>63801650
>black bull
more like Uncle Tom.
>>
>>63801675
This is what I'm expecting. Especially with the 'bring him so he can complete his training' line near the end
>>
>>63799883
JJ stay off of 4chan. this is our safe space.
>>
>>63801700
Finn was a comic relief character. He had potential but JJ threw it all out of the window in order to have funny commentary on his adventure, and have someone to make his super special donut steel Rey seem better

Might as well cast Chris Tucker as Finn in the next one, I was severely disappointed
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 632x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 632x359
>>63801187
The point is that Snoke is like the Pope of Star Wars, raising up a new Empire alongside a new Sith Papacy.
>>
>>63801574
yea, it's too bad they couldn't fit it in this episode, i think every1 would feel better about his character if they did
>>
>>63800210
Another anon, there was definitely a sexual element on this interrogation. Compare it with Poe's moments before. He even unmasked himself for her and was saying she was so lonely and shit.

Probably one of the incest bullshit that runs in the family.
>>
>>63801587
What a thrilling and threatening antagonist.

Jesus Christ, why make an inferior bad guy?

Vader was basically the Emperor's bitch, and he still had presence.

Ben Solo was specifically written to lack presense and gets fucked up by a force user who isn't even a padawan yet. Fucking pitiful.
I can't consider this faggot a threat. I make fun of people like him on a Viet Cong onahole sales site.
>>
>>63799310
HE
>>
>>63801675
>>63801777
This. Kylo will probably come back as a real nigga in Episode VIII
>>
>>63802293
Would you rather they make a bigger and badder bad guy each time? Like a Death Star that increases in size and power every film?

If Kylo Ren upsets you, just remember that Snoke is the more-powerful-than-the-Emperor Emperor. And he's fucking shit.
>>
>>63801648
I agree, Heyden Christianson did a fine job with the shit lines he was dealt
>>
>>63801079
>It's like poetry.

i don't get this meme. it's not like poetry.
>>
>>63802420
But it rhymes.
>>
>>63802150
Meh, I usually hate it when exposition gets crammed in, & TFA managed to have a good amount of it without feeling forced. You don't have to know the motives of every single relevant character, & it's better to time when bits of information get released - the film worked much better having Kylo start off appearing to be a nu-Vader then gradually reveal himself to just be a whiny little bitch wannabe. They'll wait for it to be appropriate & relevant before we get his full story, & I'm fine with that
>>
>>63802400
Nah. He still did a shitty job, but I'm willing to blame Lucas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqLsQClut5c

It's like every time he uses his acting skills to act, Lucas says, "CUT! YOU NEED TO EMOTE MORE! I'M IN CHARGE HERE!"
>>
File: 1450141396079.jpg (86 KB, 423x1021) Image search: [Google]
1450141396079.jpg
86 KB, 423x1021
>Finally decide to get out and see a movie
>local theater has a no singles policy
>need to ask mom to come with me just so I can purchase tickets
>mom drives me and comes to ticket booth so I'm not seen alone
>line is long and theater is packed for the opening of Star Wars
>when I finally get to the ticket I mumble out "I'd like 2 for the hateful eight"
>I pay her 48 dollars and she hands me 2 tickets for star wars
>nervous as hell I stutter out "you got wrong movie" while she's looking at me with a disgruntled look
>hear some fat 40 year old bald guys snickering at me
>correct her and she apologized and just assumed I was there to see star wars and gives me my tickets
>take my tickets to the ticket stub guy who is joyfully greeting people and pointing them in the direction of star wars rooms
>when it's my turn he checks my ticket, adjusts his glasses, his smile turns into a dire frown and he points me to a theater far down the hall
>as I'm passing the theaters I'm hearing lots of commotion and applause coming from the star wars viewings
>get to my designated theater and hear nothing upon walking in, i'm the only 1 there
>take a seat dead in the middle of the theater and wait in silence for it to start
>some theater employee walks in with his flashlight out, laughing, and asks me if I'm alone
>have to lie and say my mom is sick in the bathroom and he starts to laugh harder but eventually leaves me be and tells me to enjoy the movie
>about 40 minutes into the film some girl wanders in to the theater and takes a seat directly behind me
>she's giggling and I hear a sound of her dropping something on the floor
>a second later she puts her barefeet up on the back of my head
>I get embarrassed and turn around and says "what's going on here?"
>she shoves her foot directly in my face and I uno farto
>she's laughing and burping and smearing her foot in my face and won't leave me alone
>turns out I was on some kind of nightcall or something
>>
>>63802384
>Snoke is the more-powerful-than-the-Emperor Emperor

we don't know this

hopefully they cut kylo out of the fucking film and give us a real bad guy next time
>>
>>63802384
No. I would rather they made an antagonist who's just as bad, but in a different way.

We've had a warrior. Why not a brilliant military tactician or a non-force user who relies more on his wits than with his abilities with a sword, or even a greedy megalomaniac who serves nobody but himself?

Why an inferior Vader fanboy? Why forsake all tension by going that route?
>>
>>63801783
I look around and see the whitest fucking board on 4chan and it's fucking depressing.

And here we have a chance to change that.
>>
>>63802450
that's true

i guess it also makes sense since they hid luke until the end, that his backstory is better to be revealed in the next movie
>>
>>63800774
>the biggest flaw of them all was not providing any backstory for WHY kylo turned to the dark side
They TOLD you. Rey read his mind and found out that Ben was afraid of being so much weaker than his idol Vader. He joined the Dark Side because he felt the Light side isn't enough to make him strong.
>>
>>63802489
Did you miss Snoke's final line?
Kylo WILL be coming back as a 'real bad guy' now that he's succumbed to the dark side completely & his training will mould him into the apprentice Snoke wants him to be rather than the angsty Vader ideal he writes poems about
>>
>>63802504

You just want Admiral Thrawn

Me too
>>
>>63802766

He also has a new scarred up face to go with his more mature and evil self.
>>
>>63802848
And now he actually has a reason to wear the helmet
>>
>>63802813
Guilty. I've only read the first chapter so far, and the motherfucker really is impressive.
>>
>>63802504
I feel like the other First Order main bad guy was getting there, but didn't quite make it. I'd be interested to see if there are deleted scenes or something. He felt imposing and at least Kylo's equal, to the point of having a casual chat with Snoke while Kylo had his mask off.

He delivered the speech and bossed people about, but just something else, one little oomph could have made him GOAT. Not randomly stabbing an officer, something far more subtle and authoritarian than that.
>>
File: 2681-0-1448429828.png (58 KB, 541x745) Image search: [Google]
2681-0-1448429828.png
58 KB, 541x745
>>63802476
What kind of lame theater has a no singles policy?
>>
I laughed but only because after watching Frances Ha and While We're Young I can't imagine the guy as a fucking sith, it was hilarious
>>
>>63799310
>it shows in his dueling scenes
Incompetency of a director is a feature now?
>>
File: 1450422610686.webm (3 MB, 568x320) Image search: [Google]
1450422610686.webm
3 MB, 568x320
How did Kylo not fucking kill this guy in mere seconds?
>>
>>63802949
I did like how Hux walked in on their meeting & Kylo looked around worried that he'd be judged on his true face, only for Hux not to give a flying fuck because even the helmet can't hide the angst
But yeah, I feel like he needed another scene or two to separate him from basically just being ginger space Hitler
>>
>>63802949
See that's what gets me. There were really interesting characters and all of them were underused, that guy especially.
He only needed one more scene, just like you said.

Guess he wasn't supposed to upstage Kylo, though. Hilariously TRAITORtrooper managed to do that anyway.
>>
>>63798719
That's the fucking point moron. He removes the mask and you expect a scarred monster but it's some fresh faced kid who throws tempter tantrums instead of the calm punishment that Vader used
>>
>>63803122
He's reckless and arrogant. He was also pretty badly wounded.
>>
File: 1450484703677.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450484703677.gif
107 KB, 300x300
>>63803172
>Hilariously TRAITORtrooper managed to do that anyway.

Best not droid character
>>
>>63803122
I like how lightsabers actually emit light now, rather than just being white sticks with coloured edges.
>>
>>63803182
And Vader was just some old white guy who was apparently a burn victim missing all his hair yet he had eyebrows?

The Vader face reveal was far, far more disappointing than the Ren reveal.
>>
>>63802293
>Ben Solo was specifically written to lack presense and gets fucked up by a force user who isn't even a padawan yet. Fucking pitiful.
>I can't consider this faggot a threat
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre
>>
File: 1450484545985.gif (1 MB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
1450484545985.gif
1 MB, 500x255
>>63803172
Guy is a fucking legend
>>
>TRAITOR!!

At this moment I really sympathized with the stormtroopers. They grew up together and this fuck betrays them at the first sight of blood
>>
>>63802476

None of that actually happened.
>>
>>63803272
>die in their first fucking battle against mostly unarmed students

Again, I cannot consider Ben Solo a threat.
>>
Kylo Ren is basically the guy who reads training guides and manuals on the Internet and expects to be a master after minimal training or experience.

>>63803299
I can't wait to buy his action figures
>>
>>63803122
Why don't they just use The Forceâ„¢ to open each others' hands and throw their weapons into the distance?
>>
File: 1450462405314.jpg (276 KB, 1800x1285) Image search: [Google]
1450462405314.jpg
276 KB, 1800x1285
>>63803374
He's got a whole line of toys, Disney knew TRAITOR Trooper would become popular
>>
>>63802712
why though? why does he need to be stronger than darth vader? the only people left to fight are the first order, who he joined up with. why have strength if you can't use it?
>>
>Jacen Solo is the big bad of TFA
>next one might have "Not Tenel-Ka"
I might actually watch that one for nostalgia boner reasons
>>
>>63803450
I want one the size of a Play Arts Kai figure. Pic related is cool and all, but I wish it was like 9" instead of 6". No homo.
>>
>>63803302
I feel like Finn's motives haven't been criticised enough yet. He panics & runs away from the fight as soon as he sees one of his pals die. Then gets into a TIE fighter & from that point onwards is more than happy to murder plenty of his former pals
>>
>>63803528
I wanna hotglue it

>t-traitor! Stop!
>>
>>63803557
Sounds more like he's defective than redeemed.
>>
>>63803557
He doesn't like killing innocents. I don't think he has a problem with killing evil.
>>
File: 1450475879934.jpg (197 KB, 1032x624) Image search: [Google]
1450475879934.jpg
197 KB, 1032x624
>>63803528
After Tom Cruises amazing Oscar tier performance as TRAITORTrooper I'm gonna buy all the toys of him
>>
>>63802968
are you kidding.
most theaters have that now. where the fuck are you going to the cinema?
I want to go there, fuck the no singles policy
>>
File: fookin legend.jpg (497 KB, 2048x1975) Image search: [Google]
fookin legend.jpg
497 KB, 2048x1975
>>63803299
>>
>>63803528
did he use that shield in the movie?
>>
>>63803122
thanks for the clip
>>
>>63803598
where can i buy this?
>>
>>63803492
Why do billionaires insist on making more money when there's nothing they'd want to buy with it?

Power for power's sake
Also angst - he's worried that he won't be as strong as his father & grandfather
I'm sure we'll get exposition in 2017. For now we stick to theorising
>>
>>63799310
Dumb anime poster
>>
>>63803669
I remember him tossing it to the ground.
>>
>>63803702
As far as I know, from a quick Google.

Left isn't up for pre-orders yet and won't be out until like May 2016
Top right, the Funko, is available now.
Bottom right, is available in January.
>>
>>63803669
He tosses it to the ground to make the duel honorable, TRAITOR Trooper respected his all friend Finn but he had to do his duty. He was such a badass he handicapped himself.
>>
>>63803581
But he seemed so devastated by that one trooper getting shot in the opening scene. Unless that was the only non-evil trooper he knew he should've have been so elated at blowing up half the flight deck

>>63803669
Our first sight of it was him tossing it aside
>>
>>63798829

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>63803557
Killing civilians is different from killing soldiers, especially when they will definitely kill you if they capture you and you don't get the cable loose.
>>
>>63803853
Why wasn't he the fucking main?
Jesus, he sounds like the only decent character in the entire movie.
>>
He's meant to represent your average white male these days.
>>
>>63799526

So you literally just absorb other people's opinions, and don't have any of your own? People in the theater laugh, and you think "this is bad," people on 4chan give you positive opinions, and you go "huh so I guess it was good after all."
>>
>>63803920
>he sounds like the only decent character in the entire movie

you're not wrong
>>
>>63803926
>
>>
>>63798719
Anakin was a bit of a bitch as well in the prequels. He needs time to grow into his character. They set him up to really come into himself in this next film.

Only real gripe I have is the way he talks. When he's talking to Han on the bridge I noticed he was talking pretty properly, perhaps as obi wan or quai gon would. The thing is he's Han and Leia's son, and they certainly don't talk like that. Luke trained him, he never spoke like that. Snoke got to him later in his life so I think he would still talk the same, Snoke wouldn't have that much of an influence at that point
>>
File: 1450471909737.gif (1006 KB, 500x233) Image search: [Google]
1450471909737.gif
1006 KB, 500x233
>>63803920
TRAITOR Trooper was the most powerful and badass person in the film, he does far more then Phasma and Kylo. He straight up had the chance to just shoot Finn in the back but instead challenged someone with the most powerful weapon the universe has ever known to a fucking 1v1 with only his baton. And he kicks Finns ass.
>>
>>63803122
>How did Kylo not fucking kill this guy in mere

he is an idiot child with skill in the force but no true power, physical or mental, a spoiled prince pretending at the power his grandfather held, strung along by a master who would never want him strong enough to stand on his own.

Plus most of his ribs were probably broken by that bowcaster shot.
>>
>>63804118
>he's fucking Prince Zuko

Has JJ even tried to have an idea? Even one fucking time?
>>
The real question is, in 40 years Han never once tried out Chewie's bowcaster?

You'd think at some point they'd do some weapon admiring.
>>
>>63803373
He didn't chop his own head off
>>
>>63804159

Literally nothing is original. Every potential story has already been told at some point. If you want to whine about Abrams, then complain that his plot is basically a remake of Episode IV, not that some of the characters are similar to some other characters.
>>
>>63804046
Too bad Chewie blew him out. Bullshit cheats.
>>
>>63801607
using the electric billy club as an example...dear lord. Jedis slice through storm troopers like butter.
>>
>>63804169

Yeah that was really stupid, I can't believe the audience was ooohing and aaahhhing at those parts. Shit some of my friends have shot half of my guns and it's not like we were in some 30 plus year long work relationships
>>
>>63798719
My biggest issue with the movie:
>kylo stops a blaster shot at the beginning even without staying focused on it
>can't stand the duel against a girl with no training at the end
>>
>>63804284
Original ideas are ideas that nobody else has thought of. How are we to know that there aren't any left?
>>
>>63804428
>>can't stand the duel against a girl with no training at the end
Sometimes I wonder if people are so retarded as to not notice he received a wound that would have been fatal for most other characters? Did the specific camera pan to the dripping blood not clue you in Did you watch the movie with your eyes closed?
>>
>>63804525
Or that the bowcaster was literally blowing things up and sending stormtroopers flying. It's no normal blaster that he got hit with.
>>
>>63804525

People just like to bitch and nitpick on here. Everyone I've talked to in real life about it agrees that Rey would have gotten her ass handed to her if Kylo hadn't been off his game.

For fuck's sake even when the guy is dueling Finn he needs to aggravate his wound over and over again in order to drum up some pain and anger to keep himself going.
>>
>>63804662
People also do that in real life when they're a little injured, like they hit it to make it worse, so the pain they're going through doesn't feel as bad any more.
>>
>>63804583

This.

There's a reason they went out of their way to show that the bowcaster hits harder and does way more damage than a normal blaster rifle.

Even if people were too retarded to catch the visual cues, Han fucking comments on it when he's using it.
>>
>>63804728
>There's a reason they went out of their way to show that the bowcaster hits harder and does way more damage than a normal blaster rifle.
Pretty sure they did that in Jedi already, although it has been a while since I saw it
>>
>>63799767

>Star Wars always was the protagonists fighting against some really evil and scary stuff

yeah dooku and nute gunray were fucking exorcist-tier stuff
>>
File: 1406156666947.jpg (11 KB, 180x246) Image search: [Google]
1406156666947.jpg
11 KB, 180x246
>>63803261
Damn you are dumb. Vader is revealed to be not as intimidating as you would expect. You dismiss this and credit the Ren reveal for the same thing.
>>
>>63804428
>kylo stops a blaster shot at the beginning even without staying focused on it
I thought that was supposed to be a testament to his power as well, but when he does it to Rey in the Jungle I realised it's just a new trick ('force freeze', I guess)
We see that Rey's pretty good with her staff early on in the film, & it's possible there was more going on when she first touched Luke's lightsaber than just visions (although that one's reaching a bit). And we also know that Kylo received a pretty nasty wound just minutes before, AND had just killed his dad. Likely also that Luke had been teaching him more to do with feeling & using the light side of the force rather than how to swing a lightsaber (again, I'll admit that's reaching but the facts we know should be enough anyhow)
>>
File: 1433732036111.jpg (214 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1433732036111.jpg
214 KB, 345x336
>>63803122

>Trained force user & lightsaber duelist has trouble with some random guy with a lightsaber

Pathetic
>>
>>63798719
Every time I see his fucking face I can't help but think of Snape.
>>
File: C3PO V.jpg (130 KB, 1024x820) Image search: [Google]
C3PO V.jpg
130 KB, 1024x820
Greetings from /v/.
>>
>>63800774
This.

Ren was awesome, but I couldn't helpbeing frustrated not knowing his motivations other than the rebellious "grampa's way cooler than dad" thing. Maybe they'll touch on it in eight?
>>
>>63804999
I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>63805023
>but I couldn't helpbeing frustrated not knowing his motivations other than the rebellious "grampa's way cooler than dad" thing.
He has an inferiority complex, because Anakin was the strongest Force User and Ben Solo is no where near that level. He went to the Dark Side as a desperate attempt to get stronger.
>>
>>63805023
It's pretty clear that he is corrupted by Snoke at some point and then goes and order 66's the Jedi. How he is corrupted is something they are saving for the sequel. I'm assuming that how will be Snoke's eventual undoing. Kylo will be Ben before it's all done.
>>
>>63804999
Is that a new character? I don't recognise the red hand
>>
>>63802384

You could make him less than vader without making him into someone that's so pathetic. Like, keep him an emotional baby but make him so skilled that his spoiled-ness is justified. Or Make him super evil but lacking the real power to accomplish what he wants.

As he is he combines non-threatening with uncool, and that kind of make him a joke from the point he takes his mask off through the rest of the movie.
>>
>>63805109
>Like, keep him an emotional baby but make him so skilled that his spoiled-ness is justified. Or Make him super evil but lacking the real power to accomplish what he wants.
It's hilarious how he's an emotional baby that lacks the real power to accomplish what he wants. Worst of both worlds.
>>
>>63802766

And that's just a stupid plot point. Why did they start their evil campaign if they clearly weren't ready to start it? Why send out your carefully selected and groomed ace before you finished teaching him to be a bad ass. He got beat by an untrained girl who only didn't kill him because she has short arms, essentially.
>>
>>63799760
You'd think that but the constant camera cuts and shit made it seem less gripping emotionally and entertainment wise. Still definitely better than the empty spinning-fighting in the prequels
>>
>>63803629

Everywhere?

Theaters are desperate to keep people coming, that policy doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>63805109
People seem to be in the habit of thinking that this is a standalone film. We know that he's going to 'complete his training' either in the next film or in the interim, & from that we can infer that his character - or at the very least his ability - will develop.
I will be just as disgusted as you are right now if they don't change anything about him & he remains a weak Vader fanboy edgemeister, but it seems pretty unlikely given how the other new characters have developed so far
>>
>>63805083

Except Anakin clearly isn't the strongest force user and Ben was trained by the guy who beat him (who was trained by the guy who beat Anakin the first time).
>>
>>63803122
I can't even watch this without laughing at his ugly fucking face. Why did he remove the mask?
>>
>>63799310
I got that, it was obvious that's what they were trying for, but it didn't work. After you see his face the first time and he's always crying, he is no longer intimidating or badass.
>>
>>63804829

I felt that the two characters' were basically on the same level during the last duel.

Rey begins trusting the Force more and more through the movie and (aside from getting dazed from the force push into the tree) is in relatively good condition when she begins the duel. She's not inexperienced to fighting with a weapon, and she's been exposed to the kind of mental Force Kylo employs, having resisted it earlier in the film. She's by no means a master duelist, and she does spend a lot of the fight parrying/dodging, but I think this elevates her a little more than she would be otherwise.

As for Kylo, it's not like he stepped out of a ship fresh and ready to duel. He had just killed his father, was bleeding heavily from a bowcaster wound (which the movie shows us as being far worse than a regular blaster round) and had just finished dueling Finn, where he took a few blows. Not to mention, he didn't seem like such a keen duelist in the first place, which kind of made sense given his apparent lack of practice: he gave off the vibe that he much preferred to use the Force as a weapon while using his lightsaber as intimidation. I don't think he quite knew what to do when faced with his own weapon. Those factors bring him down a few notches from where he would be otherwise.

Overall enjoyable duel and I'm looking forward to seeing where eps 8 and 9 take all the new characters.
>>
>>63805101
Big-Boss (Venom Snake) from the most recent game.
>>
>>63805209
We first find out that Kylo is Han's son when Snoke tells Kylo that he will have to confront & kill him. Kylo wasn't ready to complete his sith training until then because he was still morally conflicted & had not yet given himself fully to the dark side. Kylo had to be sent out to the jungle planet & to defend Starkiller in order to provide an opportunity for that to happen. Given how seamlessly the opening on Jakku went, it seemed like it was more of an errand mission & not considered at all risky
>>
I'm so glad The Force Awakens isn't canon.
>>
>>63805485
ecks dee
>>
>>63805209
>Why send out your carefully selected and groomed ace before you finished teaching him to be a bad ass.

because getting your shit kicked in is how anakin became vader.
>>
>>63805569
>because getting your shit kicked in is how anakin became vader.
Basically. Ben Solo was given his test by making him fight and lose, so he would go crawling back to his master and admit he still has a lot to learn. He is too cocky otherwise.
>>
>>63805109
He had mind-reading skills, which I thought was pretty bullshit overpowered for Star Wars but it fits your criteria well enough.
>>
Ky LoMein
>>
>>63799310
This, pretty much.

Driver's performance was nuanced and well-delivered, despite his looking ridiculous and not having a good deal to work with. I don't know if I'd say he was well-written overall but he had a couple of really good scenes.
>>
>>63805702
Now I'm hungry
thanks asshole
>>
>>63805411
Exactly. While that's all true & does justify things, it did take me out of immersion for a bit while I had to consciously figure out why Kylo wasn't obliterating the both of them. That said, I liked the fight for the most part & the setting for it was great. All it needed was some good music - nothing as obnoxious as Duel of the Fates but something insidious & reasonably memorable at least

>>63805424
You missed the reference m9
>>
can confirm, same happend today when i went to see it.

but im pretty damn sure they totally planned it this way and will be btfo'd by what theyll o with him in the next movies
>>
>>63799883
The actor was good and would have been GOAT if his face wasn't disfigured. Hopefully he either gets major plastic surgery to symmetricize his face or spends the rest of the movies wearing a mask.
>>
>>63803299
>>63803233
>>63803528

marauder shields
>>
>>63804999
fuck off back to your containment board, child
>>
>>63805755

>the setting for it was great

Agreed. It was pure visual joy to see the lightsabers chopping trees or melting snow.

I can't remember if it was Rey or Finn, but when they were forcing Kylo's lightsaber deeper and deeper into the ground, I was sure it was going to explode and disfigure him.
>>
>>63803927
op confirmed for opinion sponge
>>
>>63805903
literally every board is a containment board.

cept you brought us ponies, so thanks for that one
>>
Why do people seem to forget Ren got shot?
>>
>>63807014
Smaller-than-average bladders?

Oh fuck, imagine going for a piss & by the time you get back Han's already dead
>>
never thought that,...

yea, they did the marvel mask take out every 5 minutes!
>>
>>63802199
>Anakin wanted to fuck his mom
>Luke wanted to fuck his sister
>Ben wants to fuck his cousin

Sexy poetry
>>
>>63805903
I'm 31.
>>
>>63807079
>can't go to see a movie without pissing
>can't go to see a movie without eating
>can't go to see a movie without sperging
>can't go to see a movie without shooting
>can't go to see a movie without checking their phones
>can't go to see a movie by themselves
What the fuck happened to human beings? Jesus tapdancing Christ
>>
>>63805101
3PO died on the tanker
>>
I feel like kylo by the 3rd flim will turn good again before dying just like grandaddy
>>
>>63805101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bt-FHaFVH8
>>
>>63807611
The last thing I want for Kylo is for him to get his wish & turn out like Vader in any way after all. Fuck that, he needs to become his own person rather than continue trying to emulate someone long dead
>>
>>63805903
>le films are art xD
fuck off grandpa
>>
after he killed Han I'm convinced this isn't a redemption story, this is a chewie repaying his life debt story
>>
>>63807756
The question is why the fuck is he so obsessed with Vader?
>>
>>63807611
>I feel like kylo by the 3rd flim will turn good again before dying just like grandaddy
Nah I think he turned completely. The same way Finn will never go back to the First Order. They both made their decision. And now we will see them and Rey take their own paths and become stronger, in the next two films.
>>
>>63808360
>The question is why the fuck is he so obsessed with Vader?
Vader is his famous Grandpa. And he has an inferiority complex. He sees himself as weak.
>>
>>63807305

To be fair, movies are getting really fucking long nowadays.
>>
>>63808401
and his uncle isn't? His uncle that defeated Vader?
>>
>>63808442
>and his uncle isn't? His uncle that defeated Vader?
Ben Solo sees himself weak, and wanted to be strong. He considers the Dark Side easier a path to talk in being stronger.

In the end The Dark Side is always the obvious choice for power and might.
>>
We had some kind of wheelchair retard in the audience so every time the action stopped and the movie went quiet we'd here EEEEAAASSARRRRRRRRTTTTTTSSSSGHHH
>>
>>63808540
>walk
>>
Vader is the most iconic villain in film and probably one of the most well known contemporary figures in fiction.

Actually trying to make a replacement of him is stupid. There isn't any way you can fill the Vader-sized hole in this movie, so it sounded like they just didn't try and then made a plot point out of what a bad job it would look like if they tried to take a replacement seriously.

Since nobody outside of Luke knows how the fuck to handle a lightsaber anymore, I'm surprised the more battle-hardened badass Stormtroopers didn't get sick of his shit and take him out.
>>
How the fuck did they get Vader/Lukes saber from Bespin? I thought that shit was lost forever.
>>
>>63801187
>That scene where Hux humiliates Kylo in front of Snoke
I burst into treats, Kylo is such a bitch, I liked him because they did so much to show what a wannabe loser he was compared to his grandpa. He's the kind of guy you love to hate.
>>
>>63803629
I'm from Puerto Rico and I haven't seen any theater here with a no singles policy, what the fuck is up with that discrimination?
>>
File: no.jpg (28 KB, 409x189) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
28 KB, 409x189
>>63808782
>He's the kind of guy you love to hate.
he is a walking, talking waste of space and breathing air - just put a blaster bolt through his head and be done with it
>>
File: SW-TFA-Aug-HR-08.jpg (782 KB, 962x1347) Image search: [Google]
SW-TFA-Aug-HR-08.jpg
782 KB, 962x1347
>>63804999
i also thought about it as soon as i saw it, and made this when i went back home
>>
>>63807305
>not getting drunk before watching action movies

Its like you don't want to have fun. Sorry I had to piss once... if I missed anything, I'll just go rewatch ANH
>>
>>63808782
>>63808989
he's like an edgelord hipster jedi.

>muh dark sided im totally a sith lord guise
>muh old style lightsaber
>fucks around during his first ever lightsaber duel trying to look like a badass
>gets his ass kicked by a girl

he's the "that kid" of the sw franchise. hope he gets bullied some more in the next flick
>>
>>63808704
Vader's saber was a clone of the one he had as a Padawan, aka, Luke's in Ep IV and V.

The one in Episode VII is Vader's which Luke saves before burning his father's body.
>>
>>63809219
>not hooking up your catheter before going to the cinema

you're essentially wasting money anytime you go to the bathroom and miss any of the movie
>>
>>63798719
Yeah. Here is what I honestly think will happen. Kylo is too tempted by the light side, he'll go good and Luke will fucked up again and Rey will go evil. You could see it in the way she fought.

Or she wont, because strong women lol
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.