[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: starkiller.jpg (19 KB, 304x299) Image search: [Google]
starkiller.jpg
19 KB, 304x299
>Oh geez, I can't believe a fatal design false found its way into our super humongous planet destroying base! Whoops! lol

>This is literally our third time building one of these things after the rebels blew up its two predecessors and we should really know better but let's just make it EXACTLY THE SAME, but bigger!
>>
>>63797788
There was no design flaw.

They were first infiltrated and turned off the shields, and then they had to blow shit up from the inside in order to even attack it.

Stop posting shit out of your ass.
>>
>>63797964
>being this desperate to like the movie
The Death Star also had shields. Are you seriously arguing that a backpack full of well placed grenades should be enough to weaken a base 100 times bigger than the Death Star? A central weak point where they could attack? That's called a design flaw, dumbfuck.
>>
>>63798150
>being this autistic
take a drink of water, breath.
>>
>>63797788

You would think the rebels would keep a eye out for planet size death weapons before people started dying from them.
>>
>Weapon the size of planet

>literally everything important is put into one spot

>ragtag heroes and the janitor find the device to turn it off

>once again, on this huge planet where it could have been anywhere
>>
I havent seen the movie, but it sounds stupid as fuck that they did the whole 'enormous planet destroying super weapon' gimmick again.

>>63798358

No you drink some water normie.
>>
>>63798358
>literally hates movies
Why are you even here?
>>
>>63798150
>The Death Star also had shields
Not the original.
>Are you seriously arguing that a backpack full of well placed grenades should be enough to weaken a base 100 times bigger than the Death Star
It's a huge planet to defend, and pretty much anything is vulnerable when you blow shit up from the inside. Don't forget that the shields were already up and they had to fly in at lightspeed to bypass them, nearly destroying the falcon.
>A central weak point where they could attack
There was no "central" weak point or any weak point. Shit just got blown up. For example, see: 9/11 :^)
>>
>>63798358

>full damage control
JJ at it again
>>
>>63798509
Different Anon, but I have to ask you to clarify:
You're telling me, that if on a planet sized base, in a very limited amount of things can "just blow up", and thus threaten the whole base, that doesn't count as a central weakpoint?
What part of that is not a central weakpoint?
>>
>>63798646
[...]very limited amount of space, things can[...]*
>>
>>63798509

>It's a huge planet to defend, and pretty much anything is vulnerable when you blow shit up from the inside.
>pretty much anything is vulnerable when you blow shit up from the inside.
>anything is vulnerable when you blow shit up from the inside.

>anything is vulnerable when you blow shit up from the inside.

>Anything is defenseless when you kill it
>Everything is weak, when its dead
>I can defeat anyone in a boxing match, so long as they become unconscious
>>
>>63798716
This so hard.
God, fuck Star Wars fans.
>>
I like that a planet was blown up by people with handheld bombs. Its like saying that if I infiltrate an armory, steal a grenade, and then throw that grenade into a volcano I can destroy the planet Earth.

>Derr derrr drreeeerr its a big planet, you cant expect them to defend the whole thing
Yeah okay but who had the good idea that their base should be a planet apparently composed entirely of dynamite?
>>
>>63798646
I'm saying because you had to actually blow shit up which thus turned it into a weakpoint, it's not a design flaw. Anything becomes a weakpoint when you blow shit up.
>>
>>63798799
See >>63798789
They attacked an extremely specific oscillator vent. The difference in defensed was literally a backpack's worth of grenades.
>>
>>63798799
Is this the beginning of a new, epic meme?
>>
I way okay with the movie but then the Starkiller shit started and it turned into trash so rapidly.
>>
>>63798928
HIS IT WITH EVERYTHING YOU GOT
>>
>>63798799
>It's not a weakpoint
>But it becomes a weakpoint if you treat it like a weakpoint
>But it isn't. Nothing is
>But you can treat anything as a weakpoint
>Ergo everything is a weakpoint
You can't really be this fucking retarded, but I'll play along.

Here's a thought. Why didn't they just blow up some trees on the surface? It's part of the base. It's on the base.
All they have to do, is blow up those trees and they become a weakpoint right?
Unless of course, the base is designed in a way that blowing up a few random trees on its surface doesn't really matter.
How about turrets? Well no, that would be stupid too right? Blowing up turrets being a weakness, since those are made to be shot back at.

Where do you draw the line as to what you can blow up, to create a weakpoint, and once you found something you can blow up to create a weakpoint, explain to me what the fact that you can blow it up to create a weakpoint doesn't make it a weakpoint.

Since for you information: Weakpoint =/= killswitch. Just something that makes victory immensely more likely.
>>
>>63798789
it's a planet that's holding the energy of a sun. they're just breaking the device that holds the energy for the weapon.
>>
>>63798150
>Are you seriously arguing that a backpack full of well placed grenades should be enough to weaken a base 100 times bigger than the Death Star?

this is what pissed me off 2bh

what i was EXPECTING to happen was them simply disabling the base, not blowing the whole thing up
>>
What's the First Order's reason for refusing to use security cameras?
>>
>>63798902

Dog its invincible. Totally indestructable. The design isnt flawed in anyway. I mean, just anyone could walk in and press 'TURN OFF THE SHIELD AND EXPLODE' at which point its doomed, but so long as no one does that its fine.
>>
>>63798789
top kek.

I hope this is bait. they blew up the thing that was keeping the energy beam stable. you know, the energy beam that caused a star to burn out.
>>
>>63798445
This.
Jesus, the fucking Internet is harder to destroy than this fucking thing.
>>
>>63799007
>The device that holds the power of a sun can be broken by blowing up something that small
>This isn't a critical design flaw of a weakpoint.

This is the kind of bullshit they pull in platformer video games before making it red and glowy so 5 year olds know where to punch the thing.
>>
>>63798977
All good points but it's time wasted on these cacs. They'll find any excuse to argue that it's not a terrible shit movie.
>>
So why make another death star?

It really can't be the only planetary threat?
Why not try something different? Hell, it wouldn't even have to be risky. Why another death star?
>>
>Let's put the (only) on/off switch for the shield of our incredible powerful and important super weapon into some remote barely guarded low security room :^)
>>
>>63799057
>>63799007

>Derrr drr herp rrrrrr I was only pretending to be indestructible
>>
>>63798646
>You're telling me, that if on a planet sized base, in a very limited amount of things can "just blow up",
It only blew up because it was charging and had a literal SUN inside it. And it didn't technically explode, the sun was basically released and swallowed the planet.
>>
>>63797788
>they didn't even capture it

That would've made this worth it. The Thor Hammer takeover in LoGH was great shit and I would've loved to see it in live action.
>>
>>63799132
Memes.

Seriously, the Star Wars franchise is like 90% pop culture iconography and tropes. There was no other option than to make it some fucking stupid nu-Death Star bullshit. Regular base? Star destroyer? Nahhhhh man, we'll just redesign the same old shit.:^)
>>
>one shield generator for the whole deal that is only accessible by one terminal

WHY
>>
>>63799132
>Take planet
>Hollow it out
>Use all the tech you would have used on the Death Star, to instead fill this hollow planet with literally thousands and thousands of Super Star Destroyers.
>Use hollow planet as mobile repair dock for the Super Star Destroyers, but without the energy production to warrant a massive explosion if damaged
You now have an armada that can probably casually take out the entirety of the Resistance and the Republic, and obliterate the surface of any planet you choose.
>>
>>63799262
>point blaster at Phasma
>high ranking/distinguished military official
>"TURN OFF THE SHIELDS."
>"You guys are gonna get so stormed™, I swear to fucking god."
AHAHAHAHHA
>>
All of the resources to build something like this could just be used to make many thousands of capital ships.

Capital ships that are more versatile and will win you any conflict.
>>
This thread is Top KEK. I cannot believe people are actually defending the base design.

>>63799205

> it didn't technically explode

OH OKAY. IT TECHNICALLY WASNT AN EXPLOSION. THE ENTIRE ENERGY OF THE SUN WAS RELEASED THO. NO BIGGIE.
>>
>>63799231
I started on Heir to the Empire a couple of days ago and one of my favorite things so far is how everybody on Thrawn's ship who weren't children found the loss of the Executor to be far worse than the loss of the second Death Star.
>>
>>63799271
>also make sure to put in one and only one switch for the planet's defenses
>also ensure that one of its most vital components is on the surface; that's very important
>>
>>63799430
I fucking hate this franchise so much.
>>
>>63797788
Why does JJ love his dumb fucking space fire beams so much? starkiller base syphoning the sun looked like the scene from startrek 2009 where they are destroying spocks planet.
>>
>>63798358
Now you're autistic if you actually pay attention to stupid shit and horrible writing in movies.

mother of god /tv/ you never fail to amaze
>>
>>63799505
DUDE JUST SHUT YOUR BRAIN OFF LMAO
>>
Every thread I read is like a thousand more reasons to hate this movie. God, fuck JJ.
>>
>>63799491
They destroy a planet in ST2009? I've seen both movies but don't remember anything about them
>>
>>63799505
They were this stupid when TDKR just came out as well. Expect the defense force to shrink significantly in a couple of weeks.
>>
literally more concerned that they moved a sun and this will probably have no impact on their solar system or whatever
>>
>a backpack full of bombs and an airplane could blow AN ENTIRE PLANET up

by star wars logic the hiroshima nagasaki nukes should have ripped the whole planet apart
>>
>It has shields
>Lets just fly past them at the speed of light
>Oh and that nice old lady will probably help us disable the shields :)
what. the. fuck?
>>
>>63799547
Reminder:
>Han dies like a bitch by getting suckershanked by his disappointing ugly son--basically if Mutt Williams beat Indy to death with his own hat
>Luke takes the coward's route when Ben Solo goes rogue
>Leia is a shell of her former self and sounds like Nick Nolte
>this was JJ's idea of appealing to the fans of the OT
>>
File: 1387967035183.gif (2 MB, 200x198) Image search: [Google]
1387967035183.gif
2 MB, 200x198
>>63799572
>base is built on top of a star
>there are fucking trees on the surface of the base
WHAT

/WHAT/

ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
>>
>>63799557
They destroy several.
Movie's plot begins with Romulus' solar system getting eaten up in a supernova.
Then, Nero destroys Vulcan to spite Spock, despite the fact that technically, this being a different universe alltogether, this is about as heart breaking for Spock as Mirror Universe Vulcan being destroyed.
>>
>Infiltration team disables shields.
>X-wings attack oscillator has no effect even after repeated bomb runs.
>X-wing squad almost destroyed.
>infiltration team targets weak points inside causing a fissure on the surface of the oscillator
>Poe, Anakins inside, destroying the oscillator.
>Starkiller consumes sun, is unable to control that much energy without oscillator and turns into a sun.

Am I missing anything?
>>
>>63799557
Vulcan got imploded with black hole goo
>>
>>63799646
Anyone else pissed how the hyperspeed travel is now like doctor who/star trek wormhole shit?
>>
>>63797788
Anyone esle that this death star was completely tacked on and unnecessary? We already had a climax fight the Kylo Ren fight, we didn't need another death star battle.
>>
>>63798509
>comparing a literal planet sized military base to two buildings
>>
>>63798445

Yeah, that was stupid as fuck, really took me out of the movie, also, the place was empty the whole time, no soldiers or anything, I mean, like, come on.
>>
>>63799722
It really was unneeded. but everyone loves a death star.
>>
>>63799702
Yeah, they made it look like they were 15 seconds from anywhere in the galaxy.
>>
>>63799651
>his disappointingly ugly son
The theater fucking lost it when he took his helmet off. Even the people that like this movie know deep down that it's terrible.
>>
>>63799646
>>63799702
One has to wonder why they'd even bother with the entire fucking rebel fleet and ground invasion in Return of the Jedi, when they could just hyperspace their fighter squadrons past the shield.
The same shield which would then simultaniously stop any and all local imperial forces from stopping them, because they too would probably be outside the shield, while the rebel forces are inside it.

Just fuck my last movie up senpai.
>>
>>63799651
>Snoke corrupts Luke
>Snoke takes Kylo
>Luke kills all his students (wearing the Kylo mask) because insane with the darkside
>Lukes wife escapes with Rey
>Luke comes to his senses, attacks Snoke leaving him scared and presumed dead
>Luke goes into exile
>Snoke alive raises Kylo and gives him the mask to wear.

And other speculations.
>>
>>63797788
>the only thing that looks like something ripped off from ANH
>"OMG IT'S ANH REMASTERED FUCKING HATE THIS FILM THANKS JJ BINKS"
Fuck this board I liked the film.
>>
File: BullshitButton-main.jpg (79 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
BullshitButton-main.jpg
79 KB, 1100x1100
are there no backup /mutliple checks for the lowering of the shields?

no alert, no confirmation?

A SINGLE BUTTON PRESS is all that it takes?

I find that hard to believe, in a real army you run into red tape for everything, even for the most mundane shit like food rations and vehicles
>>
<ANH
>>
>>63799842
>the only thing
You say that as if it was some kind of minor plot element. Literally half of the fucking movie is founded in trying to destroy it.
>>
>>63799231
It's almost like the same asshole that made a giant black evil ship in the new Star Trek, and then a gianter, blacker, more eviller shipper that was also the Endurprize in Star Trek Into Darkness made this!

But I heard from a friend who works at Disney that in Episode VIII instead of the First Order they will have the Second Order, and they build a new superweapon called the Mega Star Death Killer that's a planet made of Death Stars, and when it shoots, it fires other Death Stars at galaxies which then shoot also.

In order for the Resistance, which will be called 'The Uprising,' to defeat them, they have to have enough X-Wings to run all of the trenches in the Mega Star, and also enough to run the trenches on the Death Stars fired by the Mega Star.

It's rumored that they have a new X-Wing that's actually 30 X-Wings joined ass-to-mouth so that they can make the trench run easier. Leaked plot details are calling this the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-Wing.

Pre-order your IMAX tickets today!
>>
File: Wake Up Aniki.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
Wake Up Aniki.png
226 KB, 468x345
>>63799842
Read the thread. There's more to this issue than meets the eye.

We're not just bitching about how it's a rip off. Also about how it completely wrecks its own story, and in>>63799790 's case, also Return of the Jedi retroactively.
>>
>>63798445
>can force a top military captain (presumably brainwashed) to betray her leaders and shut down the base shields from a random terminal
>the guys in the control room don't just turn the shield back on again
>no one is like hey which terminal turned the shields off send some guys that way
>no security cameras (they are canon, jabba uses them)
>literally nothing makes sense
>less AA defence than a stardestroyer

They could have saved the entire thing by Finn knowing where the shield generator is and blowing it up. That would have been generic but it wouldn't raise dumb questions.
>>
File: Deano-mite.jpg (22 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
Deano-mite.jpg
22 KB, 400x274
>>63799924
>But I heard from a friend who works at Disney that in Episode VIII instead of the First Order they will have the Second Order, and they build a new superweapon called the Mega Star Death Killer that's a planet made of Death Stars, and when it shoots, it fires other Death Stars at galaxies which then shoot also.
>>
>>63799902
Fucking this. They notice that the shields are down but there's no shit they can do about it since they aren't in the correct room
>>
>>63799924
Thank Christ JJ isn't directing the sequel.

But then I said that about Into Darkness as well before he showed right back the fuck up.

Still. I'd watch Mega Star Death Killer, just to see what the fuck firing entire death stars looks like.
>>
>>63799702
>star trek wormhole shit
Star Trek doesn't use wormholes, they just go faster than light. From inside the ship it just loos like the stars are moving quicker, no fancy swirling stuff.
>>
>>63799652

Drain the power of a sun though, base starts off a planet though
>>
File: 1336288861488.jpg (15 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1336288861488.jpg
15 KB, 320x272
>>63800000
>>
>>63799952

There are security cameras in the same fucking movie. On Han's freighter which Rey uses to save Finn from tentacle rape.
>>
>>63800000
Impressive. Most impressive.
>>
File: lol2.gif (647 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
lol2.gif
647 KB, 460x259
>>63799924
>>
>>63799952
There even were security cameras in the first Death Star.
When they get into the prison, literally the first thing they do after killing the guards is shoot out the cameras, so Han can try bluffing the officers that there was only a reactor failure.
>>
>>63800020
It must be a patented JJ faster than light travel thing. Because startrek into darkness used it. I remember the scene where the two ships are fighting each other in the faster than light type wormhole shit.
>>
>>63799924
J J didn't write the star trek movies.
>>
yes they were many plot holes
>>
>>63800027
That still doesn't mean the base's ecology could sustain any kind of natural environment. There's literally no sunlight by which the trees of the forest that the last duel takes place in could grow.
>>
>>63800000
Impressive.
>>
>>63800103
You're right. He got his buddies from Mission Impossible III to write it for him.
And then only the best for the sequel! No other man for the job than Lindelof.
Good.
Old.
Lindelof.
>>
>>63800103
Goddamn foiled again!
>>
>>63799924

>30 X-Wings joined ass-to-mouth

I heard that that the plan fails, so they land a guy on the Mega Star Death Killer and he pulls out a blaster and destroys it with a single shot.
>>
>>63799842
>the only thing
>>
>>63800250
Oh I heard about that too.
They say that the Mega Star Death Killer shoots first.
>>
How come light sabers always turn off when they leave the users hand (eg, knocked away like kylo did to finn). Yet they are a click button to activate, you don't hold the button.
>>
I thought the movie was a 6/10 tops but you autists are forgetting that the base had just absorbed an entire sun.

Hell, the First Order officer was telling his commanding officer that the fuel rods had ruptured and he was getting his ass out of there.
>>
>>63800250
Or TWO backpacks full of well placed grenades.
Allahu Admiral Ackbar.
>>
>>63800217
I was hoping Lindelof not being involved in this would save it.

I was wrong.
>>
>>63797788
What planet did the Starkiller blow up with the Republic? Was it Couresant?
>>
All I wanted was a new plot but all we got was the same bullshit except the new main character is an ooga booga.
>>
>>63800306

> Guys come on, be reasonable, you autists are forgetting that the base was extremely fragile and that despite being a huge investment of time and material, it could have exploded with the slightest interference.

> It was basically an impenetrable fortress, except for the fact that it would explode if even one person infiltrated it.
>>
>>63800181

True, but we need that nod to Empire with the cold planet and Ren/Vader-Rey/Luke fight
>>
File: 1402636707504.gif (2 MB, 450x188) Image search: [Google]
1402636707504.gif
2 MB, 450x188
This thread is proof that there's no small plot point or tiny detail by which this movie could've saved. If you wanted to make a better movie, you've gotta scrap the entire fucking film. The entire structure is fucking broken.
>>
>>63797788
You do realize only the first Death Star had a fatal design flaw right? The idea was that port led straight to the main reactor.

The second Death Star was destroyed because they just flew straight into the main reactor. Starkiller base was pretty much the same thing. They blow up all the vital components and it can no longer work.
>>
>>63800471
>same major design flaw after three fucking tries
>small plot point

Anon, there are flaws and there's stupidity.
This is stupidity, pure and simple.

It's not even the flaw that makes this shitty. It's the blatant unapologetic refusal to do anything even slightly different.
Fuck, even the mains deciding to take over Starkiller base instead of blowing it up would've been something.
>>
>>63800542
See >>63798977
That's the point, idiot. The presence/accessibility of vital components to begin with is a design flaw.
Instead of one well placed shot, it took a backpack full of well placed grenades AND a well placed shot. oooooooh what a fucking plot twist we have there.
>>
>>63800542

>They blow up all the vital components and it can no longer work.

Hey buddy, thats a little different tho. If you break the transmission of my car, its just a broken car. Its not like if you break the transmission of my car, it explodes and kills me and every member of my family.
>>
>>63800542
>The fact that all you had to do to destroy the second Death Star is fly into a wide open hole protected by a shield generator that they could destroy with a few satchel charges does not mean that it was flawed

The entire fucking point of Palpatine's plan was that the second Death Star was vulnerable, and he wanted to bait the rebellion into a final push where he can destroy them in one move.
>>
>>63800542
>putting all the vital components on the surface
>literally thousands of miles of mantle, core, etc and they pick the fucking surface
>>
>>63800728
>the controls for the shields of a planet the size of Jupiter are placed in remote closet-sized room
>on the surface of the planet
>literally a single button to turn them off
>>
What really annoyed me was that this super-deathstar was more or less unprotected. There are very few anti-air guns (which obviously fires extremely slow with WW2 tier accuracy) protecting the giant please fuck my shit up building. And there are like 20 TIEs intercepting the X-wings. Am I supposed to think this is some frighting super-weapon or a middle of nowhere outpost? Also, as some others have already noted, the shields can be shut down from a control-room protected by two guards? And why would you even need janitors when there are robots everywhere?
>>
>>63797788
Seriously how were they planning to recharge that fucking thing, didn't they explained that it extinguished a Sun to fire it?

That means there were two Suns originally and used both, Wouldn't that render the weapon useless? or do I missed something?
>>
>>63799075
Underrated post.
>>
File: c4snowman.jpg (26 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
c4snowman.jpg
26 KB, 428x640
>>63798150
Are you suggesting that jet fuel can't melt steal beams?

For fuck's sake man, I have opened holes in the earth larger than your house with less than 40 pounds of US government issue Boom. If you want to fuck up a building you don't need a lot of explosives to do it, you just need to place them in the right spots and it causes a chain reaction.

Also, Magic Space boom.
>>
>>63800809
Also, when they blow up the giant just fuck my shit up-building. One would think the shockwave would be enough to seriously fuck up the retreating x-wings
>>
Quit arguing about backpack bombs, you faggots. Show the shit blowing up already.
>>
>>63799780
Top Kek dude everyone in the country loved this movie except /tv/
>>
>>63800890
IT'S NOT EVEN A BUILDING

IT'S A FUCKING PLANET.

By that logic, literally ever single nuclear bomb test should've BTFO Earth. Yet this little ragtag group of PR approved culturally diverse hacks are able to blow up a base the size of a fucking star with a backpack full of grenades.
>>
>>63797788
To be honest, the second Death Star didn't have this problem. The Rebel fleet attacked its central generator, rather than an exhaust port, because Han and co. were capable of shutting down its shields.
>>
>>63801145
That's true but it was also Sheev bait.
>>
>>63801105
grenades can't melt plasteel super structures.
>>
File: it's-a-trap!-jerry-bennett.jpg (63 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
it's-a-trap!-jerry-bennett.jpg
63 KB, 550x550
>>63801105
They blew up a building,,, ON/IN a planet.. well what they really did was damage a very volatile part of the superweapon as it was charging and getting ready to fire.

Housed inside a building that was heavily shielded, and armored so much that it took an xwing getting inside the place in order to fuck it up enough to malfunction and explode.
>>
>>63801233
True. But OP is saying it has the same fatal flaw than the two previous Death Stars, which is false.
>>
File: architect.jpg (37 KB, 608x256) Image search: [Google]
architect.jpg
37 KB, 608x256
>>63797788
>This is literally our third time building one of these things after the rebels blew up its two predecessors and we

...have become exceedingly efficient at it?
>>
>>63801095
Not that guy, but I just got out of the theater and several people actually did laugh when he took his mask off. I really did think it was a joke until just awhile ago.
>>
>>63801249

kek, thats the EXACT same thing that happens in ep 6, word for word

this movie sounds fucking terrible
>>
>>63800809
>why would you even need janitors when there are robots everywhere?

anon minorities still need jobs
>>
>>63801314
In retrospect Reloaded really was pretty damned good.
Only bad thing about it was Zion rave.

Revolutions was fucked, though, but that was mostly because the original Oracle died. Trainman bit was pretty fucking dank.
>>
>>63800670
But that's exactly what I'm saying. They're just clinging to their memey iconography with the knowledge that people are going to buy it anyways cause it's fucking STAR WARS BITCH, BADAHHHHHH, BUDA-BUMMMM.

There's nothing small that could've saved it. If you want to make a better movie, you have to completely start over. Everything about it is terrible.
>>
>>63801411
How do people hate on one of the most badass mech battles + live action dragonball z combos?

I might be pleb here but I've never understood the fucking Matrix hate.
>>
>>63799651
>Crystal Skull's failures can be almost entirely attributed to the addition of Shia LaBeouf's presence as Indy's son, who despite being his son is absolutely nothing like him
>JJ: You know what we need to include? Han Solo's son, but only if we made him absolutely nothing like Han Solo

I don't know why he thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>63801497
I always loved Reloaded.
Revolutions was also alright, but it was more on the melodramatic side and, again, the original Oracle's death hurt the film overall.

Both are still underrated as fuck in my book.
>>
>>63800809
>And why would you even need janitors when there are robots everywhere?
They work for free.
>>
File: alien chuckling.jpg (22 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
alien chuckling.jpg
22 KB, 258x245
Who's hyped for the fourth death star in ep VIII?
>>
>>63801673
Only if it hits Asura's Wrath levels of over-the-top.
>>
>>63801673
Now with TWO fatal design flaws!
Thanks, Rian Johnson! :U
>>
Man, should I even see the movie?
Everything about it sounds awful.:/
>>
>>63801713
>Kylo Ren Comissions a giant robot effigy of Darth Vader to be built, that is bigger than a planet, and tries to squash Luke and Rey under its finger while they're on a remote planet, but Luke goes:
>"Size matters not"
>And tosses the entire thing into the sun.
>>
>>63801497
>I might be pleb here but I've never understood the fucking Matrix hate.

For me it comes from the same place as most other things, Fans. There are a great many things that I might think are flawed but still pretty good to OK until I here die hard fans go on and on about how perfect something was. hen just in an attempt to point out things that could have been done better (admittedly my fault for engaging these assholes) I end up arguing more and more until I am picking apart every little thing until I've convinced myself it's the worst piece of shit to ever be created. and I have to take a step back for a few weeks, forget about it, then just casually see it again. And I'm like OH, this isn't that bad. Why did I hate it so much? ...fans.

Im sure in time this Star Wars will be the same way for me.
>>
>>63801892
>Now I am Darth Vader
>>
>>63801105
If every single nuclear test took place in some place that was storing literally the entire energy of the Sun, sure.
>>
>>63797788
was I the only one that couldn't help but see it as a massive butt hole?

It even had the crack
>>
Didn't they have enough sense to save Death Star for the last movie?
I've always felt that Lucas destroyed Death Star 1 in ANH because he didn't knew if the whole Star Wars thing would pull off. It would be great if it was a looming threat throughout the whole trilogy. And Death Star 2 in RotJ felt soo cheap.
So when Disney is reharshing they have one chance to fix one of the biggest flaws of the old trilogy and they fuck it up?
>>
>>63801892
See, that's something I'd watch.
>>
>>63802075
I felt that the Starkiller base was brought pretty much out of the blue.

And isn't that shit inefficient as hell? It's not mobile as the Death Star and needs to consume a Sun to fire it.
>>
>>63800295
Haha I can tell that's going to be an epin debate between us nerds.
>>
File: 1368977080662.png (94 KB, 384x413) Image search: [Google]
1368977080662.png
94 KB, 384x413
>tfw /tv/ successfully takes the piss out of a movie you thought was just mediocre
>>
File: 1444985820012.jpg (58 KB, 431x365) Image search: [Google]
1444985820012.jpg
58 KB, 431x365
I was pretty surprised how from Episode IV to Episode VI the Empire managed to create a whole new Death Star. Seems unlikely something that large could've been constructed in the space of what? 10 years or something?

Imagine the investment in DS1. You have this huge public works project that has an unfathomable cost to build and maintain, it doesn't actually earn any money back. This is then destroyed literally months after it becomes fully operational. If it wasn't such a cost to build it begs the question why only one was built at a time.

Then they build another one, BUT BIGGER XD

I just wish the people behind Star Wars had thought the whole thing out more and put greater emphasis on small events that have large symbolic meaning rather than the reverse!

I really don't like Star Wars desu, it's so tacky.
>>
>>63802075
yes that is exactly the reason, the death star battle was moved to the end of IV because he didn't know if there would be a sequel

then instead of coming up with something new he just added two death stars to ROTJ

but then effects budget saved us from that
>>
Holy shit this thread is fucking retarded. I know a lot of you sad lonely faggots are trying painfully hard to shit on this movie, but you just come off as plain retarded.

>hurr durr it has a weakpoint wow such bullshit JJ what a hack

If you got inside a tank and placed explosives as close to the fuel source/engine as possible, would it be disabled?

If you got inside a submarine and detonated explosives around the nuclear reactor, would it be disabled?

The fucking "oscillator" was basically a capacitor/transformer keeping the vast amounts of sun energy (assumably freshly fused helium or something) stable and trapped within the fuel rods of the Starkiller base.

The rebels attack the structure that controls/houses the oscillator, clearing a path for Poe to literally fly inside, bombing the shit out of the oscillator and destabilising the fuel rods. They literally broke the circuit, causing the energy contained within to 'ground' by collapsing under its own weight back into a star.

Face it, HURR DURR DEATH STAR 3 is barely a valid criticism, it's simply another weapon of mass destruction, and is destroyed in a believable and suitably crazy difficult manner.

The only real flaw there is is how a planet so close to a sun and literally holding the energy of a sun has such a cold climate apparently.
>>
>>63802540
>Then they build another one, BUT BIGGER XD
Ya know, it's comforting to know that someone values ameriburger logic even in a long time ago in a a galaxy far, far away...
>pottery
>>
>>63798150
They had to infiltrate to disable the shields, which allowed the X-Wings to make several bombing runs onto to the oscillator, which apparently regulates the massive amounts of energy required to power the Starkiller. Where is 'backpack full of well placed grenades coming from? Watch the fucking movie
>>
>>63802752
Read the fucking thread, dumbass.
>>63802719
Call me when you blow up a tank with a firecracker.
>>
>>63802719
No, still retarded.

Not even a good try.

Weak b8, even.
>>
The movie would've been 10x better if it was all about finding luke and didn't have the Death Star 3.0 plot in it.
>>
>Dozens of spies died to get info on the first 2 death stars
>Random janitor knows the entire schematic of the Starkiller planet

This was one of the dumbest things in the movie.
>>
>>63802944
dude that's not how the force works lol
>>
>>63802798
No
>>
>>63802798
>>63802835

>s..s.shut up!! IT WAS SHIT

You have no argument. I bet you probably could blow up a tank with a firecracker places inside a fuel line or some part of the engine and holy shit - that's the equivalent of what happened in the movie

>muh tanks are indestructible god trucks!!!
>>
File: 1360383997698.png (138 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1360383997698.png
138 KB, 396x381
>Episode 8

>Luke: Ben Ren, you don't understand. Dark Vader was my Vader (father in German). He..."

>Kylo: BEN IS DEAD. I'm going to be much stronger than my grandfather Dark Vader!

>Luke: That's the thing, Ben. In the end... Dark Vader.... turned to the Light...

Really?
>>
>>63799345

>Women

Not even fucking once
>>
>>63803021
>Ben: NO...NO...THAT'S NOT TRUE. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE.
>Luke cuts off Ben's hand
>Luke: Now I am Dark Vader.
pottery
>>
Was I the only one that felt the new order was a joke? They appeared hilariously inapt and couldn't be taken seriously thanks to the insane plot armor. The only time they where somewhat threatening was right in the beginning. The rest of the movie they could as well be drooling retards.
It doesn't make it better that they are Abrams OC and the viewer knows little or nothing about them.
>>
>>63797964

Not for nothing, but if you're autistic and want to get all IRL, after the first two times a bunch of rag heads managed to blow up an aircraft carrier with nothing but dynamite and fishing boats, I'm sure the U.S. military would look at a way to make them less vulnerable.

(I'm aware I may be giving a giant government agency too much slack there and they probably wouldn't, but still...)
>>
>>63802752
Han and Chewie Used the mines to blow up part of the oscillator, Letting the Xwings actually damage it
>>
>>63803229
>defecting soldiers
>prisoners escape TWICE
>high ranking officials are fucking pussies
>Lord of the Knights of Ren is a whiny faggot
How did they come into power again?
>>
>>63799952

>They could have saved the entire thing by Finn knowing where the shield generator is and blowing it up. That would have been generic but it wouldn't raise dumb questions.

I'm wondering if this was in the original script.

They said Arndt's original script barely had any of the O.T. characters in it, so J.J. rewrote it to make more space for Han/Chewie/Leia etc.

I have a feeling his original script probably had more "Can We Trust This Guy" and "We Gotta Trust Finn, He Knows The Base Weaknesses!" sort of stuff going on.

Just a hunch.
>>
>>63799902
>you can turn the shields off from some small room where nobody even goes
>>
How did the First Order have the funds to build a 20x death star if it's just the scraps of the Empire.
>>
>>63799902

>Real army

Remember that time the British sent their elite SAS troops into Iraq to blow up Saddam's SCUD launchers?

Instead they got into a fight with unarmed children herding goats, lost, fled into the desert and died of hypothermia?

I have a feeling The Force Awakens is more realistic than we'd like to admit.
>>
>>63799924

I will watch this. And complain about it later.
>>
>>63803564

By selling oil back to the Resistance and because part of The Republic is secretly funding them to annoy another part of The Republic.
>>
At least they made it long range.
>>
Any unofficial source as to where the fuck did this "first order" come from?
Like, wasn't the empire finito after VI? (and a couple of games)
Where da fuq did not-palpatine come from?
>>
File: grand-moff-tarkin.jpg (169 KB, 800x815) Image search: [Google]
grand-moff-tarkin.jpg
169 KB, 800x815
TFW you realise Jar Jar Abrahms hasn't had ONE FUCKING ORIGINAL IDEA
>>
>Oh man, Captain Phasma is gonna be so cool!
>two lines the whole movie
>dies like a bitch, not even on screen
>>
>>63803728
The intro crawl only says that the First Order comes from the remaining chain of command of the Empire. That still doesn't make any sense seeing as how the Empire literally collapsed and the First Order would have had to rise to power.
>>
>>63803785
Phasma actually fucking dies?
Top kek. Traitortrooper really was the main antagonist.
>>
>>63803785
yooooohoho dis place have a trash compactor doe? xDD
>>
>>63803832
Well, we don't SEE her die, but we don't even get a mention other whereabouts. And considering the planet imploded...
>>
>>63803785
>people think her or han are dead

top kek mate, it's like you've all never seen star wars
>>
>>63803908
It's like JJ intentionally wanted to upset everybody.

>insulted the original cast (Luke is now a coward/Han didn't even get to die fighting) to piss off the OT fans
>made Boyega a whooping goofy nigger with no Force powers to piss off the darkies
>killed off Phasma to piss off the feminists
>preemptively pissed off the prequel sympathizers
>>
>>63797788
I hated the Scottish guy I couldn't understand what the fuck he was saying, and was the Chinese guy actually speaking Chinese?
>>
>>63797788
"as you can see, this tanks heavily armored heat sink will...."

"DESING FLAW DESIGN FLAW REEEE IF THEY TAKE THE ARMOUR OF AND STRAP EXPLOSIVES TO IT AND THE SHOOT IT WITH AIRCRAFT GUNS IT WILL CAUSE THE TANKS AMMO STORAGE TO OVERHEAT AND EXPLOFEDEDEREROERODER REEEEEEEEEEE "

thats what you read like
>>
>>63804156
It's cause JJ's a fucking racist. Ofc the only Scottish and Chinese men in the entire galaxy are evil. Fuck this kike trash.
>>
>>63803021

Nah, I think it's going to go like this...

>Kylo Ren kills Han thinking this was the last loose end before embracing the dark side completely.

>Is wracked with guilt as his anger ramps up.

>In the end, Kylo can't embrace the light side. Commits sudoku just as you think he'll join the Jedi.
>>
>>63804156
they were Indonesian and they were the guys from The Raid 1 & 2 you filthy rathtar.
>>
>>63804228
They attack an extremely specific oscillator vent, yes or no?
>>
>>63804228
>tank heat sink

?
>>
File: 137.jpg (40 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
137.jpg
40 KB, 320x240
>>63804228
>tank
It's a base. Hell, it's a fucking planet, dude. Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63804319
only after shields were disabled from the inside, via manual command. Their bombs did absolutely nothing while shields were up.
>>
>>63803818

Do Nazis make sense to you?
>>
>>63804319
They attack THE oscillator, the device keeping the massive amounts of energy stable and contained within the bases circuitry, and destroy it from the inside.

If I got inside of your car's fuel tank and started detonating explosions, your car would be fine, yes or no?
>>
>>63804285
Indonesia is an island that is part of southern China, kid
>>
>>63804460
Xi Jinping pls. Indonesia is not China. Stop the landgrab.
>>
>>63804412
>what are the Nuremberg trials
>why didn't the remaining Nazis just take control of Germany again? XD
>>
>>63798460
>normie
don't you have a school to shoot up?
>>
>>63804412
Real Nazis or movie Nazis?
>>
>>63804487
>replying to a 3 hours old post

k
>>
>>63799262
And it looks like just anyone could waltz in and shut down the shields.
>>
>>63804377
>hurr durr everything that's not literally invincible inside and out is just badly written

It's an analogy, but I'm sure you probably don't know what those are.
>>
>>63804483
>Indonesia is not China
britbong education system, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>63804458
>THE oscillator
Do you even know what a design flaw is? You're refuting the existence of a central weak point, yet at the time recognize the importance of attacking this specific oscillator vent.
>>63804401
See >>63798977
>>
>>63804485

>What is the Treaty of Versailles
>What are Nazis
>How the fuck did a completely devastated country with no military rise to be an Evil Superpower dominating Europe in less than 30 years?

Are you honestly fucking retarded?

>>63804541

Real Nazis.

Germany was fucking ass raped to the point where it's people were dying of starvation in the street and they had a military with no guns.

Thanks to a plucky little former soldier turned IRL shitposter, they went from Detroit tier to, well, Nazi tier, in less than 20 years.

The First Order has had 30 good years since the not-even-total-collapse of the Empire to get it's shit together.
>>
>>63804650
You're so fucking stupid.

Is the nuclear reactor on a nuclear submarine a badly written weak point because destroying it would disable the submarine?

How about the starter motor in your car? I guess that's also a badly written weak point because destroying it would disable your car.

Fuck didn't know there were so many hack writers working in industrial design.
>>
>>63804739
>Is the nuclear reactor on a nuclear submarine a badly written weak point because destroying it would disable the submarine?
>How about the starter motor in your car? I guess that's also a badly written weak point because destroying it would disable your car.
Yes.

If they can be very easily destroyed then they are weak points. But starter motors and nuclear reactor are well protected, so they are not.
>>
>>63804739
HELL YES IT IS.
We're talking about the future, you fucking idiot. Why the hell are they even building another planetary base when they just keep getting blown up? If it's impossible to overcome a central design flaw, then gee, I dunno, DON'T FUCKING DO IT.

But no.

JJ clings to the shitty franchise iconography to pander to total fucking dumbasses and trip their nostalgia into thinking they just watched a good movie.
>>
I haven't seen it yet, but I've read all of the spoilers, and what I want to know is if Kylo Ren and the Sith guy ended up fucking over the empire with their bullshit? If Kylo hadn't been going around trying to find Luke, would any of the events that led to the Rebellion finding out about the Death Star thing and its weakpoints have actually happened? If he had just sat the movie out would the Empire have been free to destroy planets at their leisure without the Rebellion being able to do anything?
>>
>>63804841
You haven't seen the movie have you?

The oscillator is extremely well protected, it takes a ground infiltration combined with constant bombing runs to put create a hole just big enough for a fighter to enter and wreak havoc from the inside.

Sounds about as easy as breaking into the nuclear reactor of a submarine.
>>
>>63804980
>comparing a planet to a boat
u r rly dum 4reel
>>
>there are people literally defending the death star 3.0
>>
>>63804980
Literally the exact same thing happens in ROTJ. Give it up already, this movie is fucking awful.
>>
>>63804980
>Sounds about as easy as breaking into the nuclear reactor of a submarine.
Why has this never happened then.

CHECK & MATE!
>>
>>63804739
When it's that easy to get to, and there are no backup measures to take over in case of a very obvious sabotage attempt on a base the size of a planet? Yes.
There's a reason it takes about 5+ levels of confirmation to launch a nuke and there are even more fail-safes in place to avoid accidental launches.
>4chan thinks this explanation is spam for some reason, so part 1/2
>>
>>63804915
This is somewhat covered in the film, there's a non-force sensitive First Order commander who seems the same rank as Kylo and absolutely hates his stupid obsession looking for Luke. He only flat out states it a few times, but JJ does well to build up a sort of rivalry between them, and I'm sure this will come out in future episodes.

In short yeah, a lot of the First Order realise how much of a waste of time and resources it is, but Snoke seems keen to indulge Kylo in his uselessness to help complete his transition to the dark side.
>>
>>63805075
>>63804739
>Part 2/3? Still fucking thinks it's spam. Did I use a bad word?
Yet this planet sized battle station can lose its single most important defence measure to a single squad.
It's funny how both of your examples are of mass produced, replaceable machines.
Submarines are fully expected to blow up after a good hit or two. And the starter motor is a fucking product that the company only has to make last satisfying long.
>>
File: 1449869312246.png (467 KB, 646x435) Image search: [Google]
1449869312246.png
467 KB, 646x435
From what I understood they just destroyed the mechanism that allowed Starkiller Base to fire.

So what happened is that the star destroyed the base from the inside because they couldn't contain the energy for too long.
>>
>>63805071

The British had to break into a German submarine, while in motion and subdue the crew and steal the Enigma machine without the Krauts sending out a distress signal.

WW2 is so much cooler than anything we have had since.

I mean, sorry to all the dead troops and shit, but it was.
>>
>>63805103
You mean the not-empire's top 2 are the big bad's evil sith apprentice and a military officer who dislike each other?

Somehow it feels familiar
>>
>>63805039
You don't have much in the way of higher order processes going on do you?

It's an analogy, and a perfectly fitting one seeing as both the thing being attacked, the attacking force and the fire power involved are all scaled up pretty similarly.
>>
>>63805185

>Brits

Sorry family, we have changed that part of history to be more Murrican. Deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFdmp8ZIDGM
>>
>>63805075
>>63805131
>>63804739
>Part 3/3 finally
These things don't need to have a ton of contingency plans in place for any situation where something might go wrong, while the single most crucial defence mechanism you need does. Just read above for all the reason it fails on every level to counter the issue.

Maybe you could try putting some thought into understanding the topic, instead of putting a planet sized super weapon in the same category as a submarine or a car.
>>
>>63805172
aka a fatal design flaw
>Let's put it over a star this time!
>No, harnessing that energy will be no big deal!
>Just centralize all of its vital components in a single oscillator vent and place the controls to the shields in a remote closet on the surface of the planet.
A weak point.
>>
>>63805172
This

They charged the weapon to maximum fucked up capacity, then the resistance destroyed the mechanism that allowed all that energy to be channeled and released - so the entire weapon overloaded and imploded.
>>
>base uses nearby star as fuel
>entire star is apparently used up after just two shots
how the fuck were they planning to power any future shots?
>>
File: sheev.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
sheev.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>/tv/ this desperate to hate a major release, well liked movie
Literally every time
>>
>>63805323
DUDE JUST BUILD ANOTHER ONE ON A DIFFERENT STAR LMAO
>tfw Death Star 4.0 will soon become a reality
>>
>>63805397
If you actually read the thread, you'd realize how it's literally impossible to not hate this movie.
>>
>>63805237
You're really fucking stupid dude. The Resistance overcame their lack of knowledge, the shields of the Starkiller base, the ground forces protecting that part of the base, the aerial and air-to-surface defence of that area, the presence of Kylo Ren, the actual structure enclosing and protecting the oscillator AND the fucking impossible tactic of flying a fighter INSIDE the structure to finally destroy the oscillator.

But you can keep droning on about how unprotected it was or whatever, dumbass.
>>
>>63805482
Sure it has flaws, but this is typical /tv/ hyperbolic contrarianism
>>
>>63805103
I'm just curious if Kylo Ren just sets the whole coincidence ball rolling that ends up blowing up the planet killer. In the first Star Wars everything starts at Tatooine for a very good reason; Leia's there to give the Death Star plans to Obi-Wan; he lives there because he watches over Luke. Vader is there because he really wants to recover the plans that expose the Death Star's critical weak point.

In this movie, it sounds like Kylo Ren is at the new planet for reasons that don't mean shit to the Empire, but because he's there it gives one of his stormtroopers a chance to defect and meet up with Force gal and spill the beans about the new superweapon and end up ruining the Empire's day.

If Kylo Ren had just taken the week off would he come back to find everyone having a party celebrating the Rebellions destruction?
>>
>>63805398

See at point, there would need to be some inuniverse lampshading.
>>
>>63805482
This movie is a solid 8/10 at worse, saying otherwise immediately outs you as a pretentious contrarian faggot with no real idea about cinema, sorry faggot.
>>
>>63797788

I mean you're not wrong. Though they DO keep learning that they need to protect the self-destruct button better with each subsequent Death Star, they're inexplicably don't just put it deep inside of the thing, in a place that can't be accessed by a ship, and constantly under heavy guard which is stupid.
>>
everyone's reaction to the starkiller blowing up all those worlds was way too hollow. everyone just stared in shock for a few moments before shrugging their shoulders and getting back to work like they didn't just witness quite possibly the worst mass-extinction event in the history of everything.
>>
>>63805668
It's not even that.
It's a fucking planet.
Don't tell me they don't have the budget for a hundred override locations that each have to be activated to access crucial systems like that
>>
>>63805572
>BRO JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF LOL
>NOT MY OPINION
>PRETENTIOUS CONTRARIAN!
See, love of Star Wars is not a love of cinema when you do that shit. When anything bearing the Star Wars™ brand name can do no wrong and saying otherwise is grounds for simple-minded dismissal, discourse is abandoned.

This movie is awful whether you admit it or not.
>>
>>63805765
Or at least some kind of dummy/false flag by which an attacking force can distract themselves. Like fucking seriously, a janitor knows the specific vent to attack to destroy the whole fucking planet? REALLY?
>>
>>63799663
That's what happened. Most people are ignoring, or didn't pay attention to all those things.
>>
the movie would have been 10 times better if the planet death star were not destroyed, killing han + the forced escape of a defeated resistance, would have made the perfect grim scenery for the characters to overcome the next episodes
>>
>>63805754
>worst mass-extinction event in the history of everything.

Did you know that the Allies bombarded every single major city in Japan into oblivion? Often killing most of the population in the process. And that was nowhere near as bad as what other people got during that war.

A few planets in a huge galaxy is nothing compared with the destruction of WW2.
>>
File: Checked.webm (183 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
Checked.webm
183 KB, 600x256
>>63800000
>>
>>63805765

No you're right. As much as I was really enjoying the movie up until that point, I was taken out of the movie for a moment when we see what is probably a relatively miniscule amount of space, close to the surface of the planet, be responsible for the destruction of the entire planet. It was completely implausible.
>>
File: Coruscant_landscape_RotS.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Coruscant_landscape_RotS.png
1 MB, 1280x720
CORUSCANT WAS DESTROYED BY THE BASE ESTARKILLER
>>
>>63805918
you don't have much of a sense of scale.
>>
>>63805773
>MY OPINION IS THE RIGHT ONE!!
>SHUT THE FUCK UP AND SHARE MY OPINION!! STOP IT YOURE MAKING ME FEEL BAD!

You'll grow out of puberty one day buddy.
>>
That's no... PLANET!?
>>
File: 1448408104320.jpg (126 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
1448408104320.jpg
126 KB, 800x582
>>63805754
just as unimportant and hollow was the original death star when destroys alderaan like fucking nothing and everyone forgets about it.
seriously I forget they actually use the thing when I rewatch the OT
>>
>>63805890
Literally confirmed for not having seen movie.

You are irrelevant to this discussion.
>>
>>63798150
>anyone who come to our planet will be able to deactivate the shields by themselves
>you totally don't need an officer to even access the computer
>sneaking inside to put explosives in the whole thing

did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63798783
Real Star Wars fans are the ones the most butt hurt. For example me. This movie was trash.
>>
>>63806040
>you don't have much of a sense of scale.

There is no fucking sense of scale in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63806081
to be fair, the planet's destruction was witnessed by a grand total of one person who wasn't a villain.
>>
>acting like this flick was bad in a lot of ways
face it, for what it was, a movie franchise on the verge of retirement/on life support, it was pretty good solely for not being as bad as the Prequels and having characters I actually cared about
>>
>>63798716

I can defeat anyone in a boxing match as long as I bring a gun with me. Or if I drug them beforehand.
>>
>tfw this is the ending JJ chose for the seventh installation of Star Wars
https://youtu.be/NcRE9rrp58I
>>
>>63800856
it can travel through space like the deathstar
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.