[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I could have sworn that you needed the force to use a light saber.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
I could have sworn that you needed the force to use a light saber. So how the fuck was Finn able to use it?
>>
>>63795516
Han Solo used it.
>>
no one said that ever. you need to be trained to use it properly tough
>>
>>63795516
You need the force to be able to move at lightning speed. Finn was just swinging it around.
>>
>>63795516
you need the force to do the lightsaber/blaster deflects. Think of luke and the training droid and his ass getting handed to him by it.

Otherwise its just a tool. makes me wonder if a jedi trained with a blaster he could do ace shots and deflect other shots with his own.
>>
You need the force to build one and to operate one efficiently (precog, fast movements, etc.).

Every hillybilly can pick it up and swing it like a bat tho.
>>
>>63795516
That feel when is autistic minds you need the force to block lenght of lighsaber because it's laser and it will go to infinity without force block
>>
>>63795516

Han used it to cut open a horse kangaroo goat thing on Hoth.
>>
>>63795605
and he held it like he had a fucking live bomb in his hand.
>>
>>63795516
The scene where the storm trooper calls him a traitor and sword fights him can be taken as an indicator that storm troopers are given some melee weapon training.

Finn=Storm Trooper
>>
>>63795516
r
e
t
a
r
d
>>
A saber has to no weight to it right?

I feel like being able to use the force means you don't accidentally cut yourself into pieces with it because unlike a normal blade you can't really track where its going because it fucking goes through anything.
>>
>>63796032
>Finn=
mexican janitor
>>
>>63795516
like everyone else is saying. You don't need the force to operate and use one, just to be able to use it extremely well. With out the force you are likely to harm yourself just as much as someone else, but it's not impossible to be able to use one with out force sensitivity
>>
>>63796126
Whether or not there is weight seems to depend on which trilogy we're talking about, OT they seemed heavy, prequels weightless. TFA seemed to have a kid of mixture of the two (which I prefer honestly).
Lightsabers can cut through almost anything but they still feel resistance, think Qui Gon shoving his saber into the blast door at the start of TPM
>>
>>63795903
That would be cool to see in the movies. The only time I can think of something like that happening was in the Knights of the Old Republic game.
>>
>>63795516
a glib facsimile
>>
File: Consider the following.gif (1 MB, 291x260) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.gif
1 MB, 291x260
you don't need the force to use a lightsaber OP but it does help to stop you from swinging it around and cutting your kneecaps or your foot off, like force spider sense kinda shit.
>>
General Grievous was an expert in lightsaber duelling but was not force sensitive.

Force helps but is not necessary to use a lightsaber
>>
when ben gives it to luke in E4 the shit is weightless as fuck.
>>
File: 1419890530290.jpg (27 KB, 277x349) Image search: [Google]
1419890530290.jpg
27 KB, 277x349
>people complaining that Rei used the lightsaber perfectly
>fight consists of them violently swinging at each other and stumbling around
If anything Kylo loses because he was doing all these pointless sword twirls while Rei just slashes him multiple times

Also she didn't master the force perfectly like retards here are spewing. She uses force persuasion and grabs a lightsaber. That's not hard to do. She didn't lift an entire Xwing out of water or throw rocks at him.
>>
>>63795516
What EU novel did you read that shit in?
>>
>>63796517

>She uses force persuasion and grabs a lightsaber.

You forgot resisting mind (reading?) trick and using force pull.
>>
>>63795516
Grevious used four light sabres and he wasn't a force user.
>>
>>63796126
>>63796239
They don't have weight in the OT either, it;s just the practical effects they used made it look like it had, it was an unintended consequence of the filming method.
>>
>>63796517
>force pull
>force persuasion
>isn't hard to do

lmfao TFA cucks on suicide watch
>>
>>63796517
That fight was genius. Rey had experience with that dumb staff but still wasn't trained with a lightsaber. An actual Jedi Knight or Sith warrior would probably be able to kill her instantly.
But Kylo Ren is torn from killing his dad, enraged beyond belief though unable to channel it into the dark side, and is injured in two spots (his arm from Finn and his side from Chewy). Plus he's obviously still incredibly young and inexperienced with lightsaber fights.

It's like poetry, sort of they rhyme.
>>
Some mandolorian nigga uses a dark light saber against obi wan and darth maul
>>
>>63796997
Pre Vizla
>>
>>63795516
>You need the force to use a lightsaber

THEN HOW DID HAN CUT OPEN THE TAUN-TAUN

FUCK
>>
Anyone can use them

Finn vs Traitor was basically just two normal guys having a sword fight
>>
Luke didn't know the force when he handled a lightsaber first time

Also don't give me the force sensitive shit that didn't exist when the movie was made

The real bullshit in this movie is that Rey somehow is anakin/obi-wan powerlevel despite never having trained in swordfighting or jedi crap
>>
To use one effectively, yes. Certainly to block blaster shots and to generally avoid cutting yourself. IIRC the magnetic field generator creates a very strong gyroscopic effect which makes weilding it difficult taking years of practice. Even Luke at his best wasn't as good as any prequel Jedi. They spent their entire lives practicing and had thousands of teachers as centuries of Tradition and knowledge.
>>
>>63797444
>generally avoid cutting yourself.
Stop. You know people have been swinging swords for thousands and thousands of years without managing to cut off their own heads.
>>
File: 1444410920292.png (911 KB, 628x564) Image search: [Google]
1444410920292.png
911 KB, 628x564
early in the film TRAITOR? rekts him hard yet later on he is able to have a pretty even duel with snape.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.