[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Hope v2.0
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (47 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47 KB, 720x719
JJ played it too safe.
>>
>>63794374
You can literally just film dog taking shit for 2 hours, called it Star Wars and people still will go to the cinema and buy toys
>>
He did the same shit he did with Star Trek Into Darkness
Just a rehash of old memes
>>
Why is everyone bitching? It was a decent film, the only part worthy of the ammount of criticism it's getting here is the final act.

Why are you trying so hard, /tv/?
>>
>>63794444
It's just a nostalgic cashgrab with cringeworthy dialogues and rehashed ideas
>>
>>63794374
Agreed. Its not a bad movie, but its nothing original. JJ was afraid of bringing in any new ideas because he did not want his legacy to be 'the second phantom menace'

And its not. Its 'literally nothing' now. Not bad, not good. Just nothing.
>>
>>63794444
there is no excuse for all the re-used ideas. none.
the new things it tries are good, i like most of them.
but having a THIRED MOTHERFUCKING SUPERWEAPON whose ONLY distinguishing aspect is "so what, it's bigger" (actual quote from han solo) is unforgivable. the parallels are WAY TOO MANY and i cannot understand how the script got approved by so many people. there are not enough new things to raise it above 7/10 and the sheer number of re-used ideas is shameful and not understandable.
>>
>>63794374
Maybe he felt he had to, and the next film will feel nothing like Empire.

And by next girl I mean Episode VIII, not Top Gun.
>>
>>63794489
It's another installment in an existing franchise that hasn't seen a release in a decade. Capeshit movies are cash-ins. This isn't. Not really. I mean,everything is made with money in mind, how is that a bad thing? Stop hating on everything because it's popular.
>>
>>63794444
It was good but it just literally ANH
>>
>>63794618
7/10 is a good grade for it though. I'm not saying it was a masterpiece, but it was genuinely decent. Maybe wven great by blockbuster standards.

Also, what's with the greatest-disappointment-ever meme? It's Star Wars, what did people expect? I think these people might have even hated on the original if 4chan existed in '77. It amazes me how much vitriolic criticism this movie is getting considering how everyone says they weren't even interested in it.
>>
>>63794374
played too safe, retreads covered ground a bit oo much, tried to do too much for just one movie and had a tad too much fanservice.
Otherwise it was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than I expected I would
>>
>>63794374
He didn't go far enough in some places.
>>
It's basically a remix of ANH with Rey as Luke, Poe as Han, Han as Obi Wan and Luke as Yoda.

But I'd rather have that than Eps I-III any day of the week fám.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 412x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 412x433
>>63795166
Droid, please.
>>
>>63794444
Because literally everyone is talking about it, there is nothing else for people to complain about.
>>
Finally! I can finally share my true original patrician opinion of the prequels!

It's been 16 years since I sat down for my first screening of The Phantom Menace. The visuals and score were captivating -- the story telling and dialogue were top notch as well. Let's not forget the acting. It was out of this world! I could tell the entire prequel trilogy would be of the highest quality, and it was as it turns out.

I thought to myself then the same as I think now: thank the heavens for George Lucas. He truly is the patron saint of auteurs.

Alas, much like the underbelly of the Galactic Senate, there was a dark side to The Phantom Menace's success. The movie was TOO good.

I instantly regretted my having seen it as I was 100% convinced that the prequel trilogy would eventually be followed by vastly inferior installments that would force me to resent Star Wars. I absolutely knew beyond a doubt that they would contain race mixing via a cuckoldry story line. And even though I knew this, I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't sure of my knowing this, therefor I was 100% right even if my suspicions did not come to fruition.

Even and especially IF this were not the case, I was also absolutely certain beyond a doubt that the succeeding installments in question would be mediocre. This would make it vastly inferior to the perfection that was the prequel trilogy as they were all terrible, but memorable films.

Furthermore, any attempts and successes at quality film making present in these future installments would most certainly be negated by the fact that elements of the movies would be analogous to elements of previous Star Wars films, therefor lowering the entire film below the quality of anime.

I knew in my heart all those years ago -- 16 years ago -- that George Lucas selling the franchise to Disney was the worst possible thing that could happen to Star Wars. I knew it, and yet, I never voiced my opinions -- passively siding with the enemy. Sorry /tv/.
>>
>>63794374
a glib facsimile
>>
can we all agree that adam driver was excellent and was by far the best part of the movie?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.