[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Answer the questions now you cucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2
What is the ammount of propaganda in this film ?
Is this promoting "diversity" and shit ?
Is it promoting race mixing ?
Is Rey a dyke ?
>>
>>63791371
None, no, no, and no.

Next thread.
>>
was it a thumbs up or a middle finger?
>>
>>63791399

Explain, I heard a lot of shit about that movie so I ask questions
>>
Is Rey best girl?
>>
>What is the ammount of propaganda in this film?
None really
>Is this promoting "diversity" and shit ?
No, but Boyega is a better actor than Ridley
>Is it promoting race mixing ?
Not really
>Is Rey a dyke ?
No
>>
>>63791424
How can I explain what *isn't* there. Everything you heard was before the move came out and was just 4chan circlecucking.
>>
>>63791371
>What is the ammount of propaganda in this film?
A ton of Nazi imagery with the bad guys. THats about as far as it goes.

Nobody mentions anything about skincolour and gender at all. Just like they didnt in any other Star Wars movie. Not sure what you expected.

Yes. Between Wookies and whatever the junkyard planet lady's race is.

>Is Rey a dyke ?
No, I liked the way she looked a moved quite a lot. Feminine and agile but not girly. She was like a female athlete.
>>
>>63791371
It screams girl power more than race-mixing, but that's there too. They have at least 3 scenes where they lock eyes and stare. The girl instantly shows attraction to him, and he smirks like a happy-nig when he finally gets a real hug from her.
Its forced and hammy. Harrison Ford was the best actor in the movie (also the most predominant), with the bottom of the barrel being Fin then Rey. The dialogue is simplistic and written for children/idiots.

7/10 , 4th best SW movie.
>>
>>63791474

Well I don't really trust Hollywood, not any ind of propaganda in this film ? really ? even hidden propaganda ?

Was this film demonizing the evil white people? because most of the vilains are strangely white
>>
>>63791371
Rey is a feminist fantasy. She becomes a powerful Jedi in seconds without effort or training, just by sheer will. So fuck all that years of space monk training crap, she's strong and independent.

No racial mixing, the nigger gets friendzoned. But I won't be surprised if they end up being together.
>>
>>63791599
Empire has always been less diverse than republic, even since the OT. That's not new.

I didn't notice any propaganda other than, y'know, the bad guys are evil and the good guys win.
>>
>>63791525

>Not sure what you expected.

The thing that happened to captain America, Thor, Spiderman and Torch

Also I heard a lot of shit about this movie in a lot of forums
>>
>>63791623
She's not that powerful in the film. Remember the person she beats in the fight is very very wounded.
>>
>>63791679
She still gets the saber before, beating a powerful force user.
>>
JJ looks out for us.

In Star Trek, Captain Kirk was pounding Saldana's chocolate pussy. In Star Wars, the spade basically minds his manners.
>>
>>63791716
who is severely wounded. Are you not paying attention? He's shot and bleeding out, by a very powerful gun. They go out of their way to show the bowcaster is strong.
>>
>>63791679
She learns force persuade after having it used on her ONCE.
She learns force grab/pull after seeing it used ONCE.
She fights with a lightsaber like she's been using it her whole life.
Its a bit horseshit.

Lots of plot holes/armor in the movie.
>>
>>63791644

Well appart from Londo and Mace Windu, there wasn't much diversity in the republic and if I remember correctly Boba Fett is a spic, but anyway, you guarentee this is an innocent film without any kind of agenda ?
>>
>>63791750
Luke's
daughter
overpowered
Skywalker
genetics
How was this not obvious to literally everyone?
>>
>>63791758
Aliens bro. I don't guarantee that a warped mind couldn't find some subtext to be upset at, but if they do then it's confirmation bias. The movie doesn't have an overt sjw message.
>>
>>63791741
Someone without training or previous knowledge about the force performing a force grab and beating a wounded powerful force user.

Still sounds like crap to me.
>>
>>63791750

>fights with a lightsaber like she's been using it her whole life

Not really, I mean she was confident in her abilities but she just still madly swung it around
>>
>>63791797
like i said, "plot armor"
>>
>>63791825

Thanks m8, I will maybe see that movie when the things will calm down
>>
All you people saying Rey friendzoned Finn are pretty naive, they are clearly going to end up in an inter-racial romance, this is Jew Jew Abrams and Disney we're talking about here.

its 100% nailed on that they will end up together and highly likely she will have his children by the end of the series, don't kidd yourselves this wont happen.
>>
>>63791797
Yes, because Luke was so fucking OP in ANH and ESB.
>>
>>63791758
Well, if you didn't mind Lando or Mace Dindu then you'll not mind Boyega's Finn. They don't do anything about "omg he is black" or anything to that nature. It was in the same vein since Finn helps out, just like Mace and Lando did. The rest of the cast are white people.
>>63791893
Then I suppose you'd have to think Luke and Anakin had plot armor too? It's the same thing in my eyes since Anakin was supposedly some midichlorian legend and the 'strongest force user' so it'd follow that his progeny would be too.
>>63791934
I'm saying follow the Anakin->Luke->probably Rey line. Yes, Luke was weak at first because he hadn't completed his training. Same with Anakin at first, but they both became retardedly overpowered given time. I'm sure Rey will too.
>>
>>63791928
So what if it does? The fuck is your problem?
>>
>>63791758
LOL it is not an innocent film. It's not even a Star Wars film.

It's a platform for social engineering, political correctness and disingenuous nostalgia pandering
>>
>>63792018
examples and citation needed
>>
>>63792010

>a cuck talked

Then it will prove Jew Jew Abrahms is a SJW propagandist
>>
Does Ridley smile in this movie?

I really want to know if her smile ruined the movie.
>>
File: 1448984265682.jpg (197 KB, 1017x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448984265682.jpg
197 KB, 1017x1024
Rey instantly feels giddy and in love with ALpha BBC male Finn.

At the end scene after the Starship has exploded, they lay next to each other, all worn out from the explosion, and they kiss.

[Fade out to BLACKED]
[Fade in to White]

Finn and Rey are walking on a very green planet, holding hand, Rey is pregnant, and she is holding their son.

Rey says "Finally, the force, and nature is in balance"

A symbology that black men with white women in germanic meadow is the natural way of life. One day, we will finally be rid of the white evil race that caused more pain in the world than anything else.

Funny thing though... Heh... most of us white guys are completly unable to see how unnatural our way of life is. We are basicly robots in this thing called "society".
>>
>>63791981
Luke and Anakin both had to spend huge amounts of time to learn the force. Anakin took a lifetime, Luke took years. If you're trying to argue for it accelerating each generation, you could say maybe months for her, but not minutes/seconds.
>>
>I'm saying follow the Anakin->Luke->probably Rey line. Yes, Luke was weak at first because he hadn't completed his training. Same with Anakin at first, but they both became retardedly overpowered given time. I'm sure Rey will too.

Exactly! They had to train, they developed and polished their abilities during years of pain and dedication. She just learned them on demand because fuck everyone. I liked the movie but that's the sole point I hated with a passion.
>>
>>63792166
I straight up said "Rey will too", and in that, I meant that she would need training but would eventually become OP too. Re-read what I said.
>>
Fin tries to hold her hand twice and she tells him to stop.

She is a self educated pilot, who can speak multiple languages, and an orphan.

She is a strong, independent woman.
>>
>>63792164

>sick cuck

Commit suicide
>>
>>63791371
There are a shit ton of aliens of all race, is that enough to trigger your hatred for diversity?
>>
>>63791928
It seemed to me that he was friendzoned, the attraction was obvious but she's too much of a womyn to fall in love. I won't be surprised when they end up together later.
>>
>>63791371
Depends.
>main girl is outrageously good at everything she tries
>main guy is a renegade from the nazis
>main villain is white psychopathic son with anger issues that was evil without any real reason

As for propaganda, it's a romantic fantasy about rag-tag girl joining resistance and fighting the evil genociders. Mildly anti-government, especially since Republic gets erased in two minutes, probably for La Resistance to fight and win by themselves instead of cooperating with opposition.
Diversity pretty much yes. Empi- First Order is composed entirely of white people and is hell-bent on destroying everything. Resistance top echelon is full of ayyliens of different kinds.
You can argue for race if you want to. And people here probably will.
no?
>>
>>63792124
Okay, and then what are you gonna do once you have your proof? Fire him? Not watch his movies?
>>
>>63792298

She rescues HERSELF from being kidnapped, thank you very much.
>>
Rey friend zoned Finn like three or four times

Oscar Isaac gonna bang that pussy up
>>
>>63792248
she is already op considering that she was able to obliterate a sith (or dark jedi for the dicks) with like 20 years of training
>>
>>63792361
>First Order
>100% white
>Finn came from First Order
>rest of your idea is pure speculation
yeah , no
>>
>>63791371
It's promoting everything including fascism so you should enjoy it /poltard.
>>
>>63792440
Kylo had just taken a direct shot to the chest from Chewie's bowcaster. Did you even see the movie?
>>
>>63792010
lol
>>
>>63791525
>Nobody mentions anything about skincolour and gender at all
except Finn
>>
>>63791371
>What is the ammount of propaganda in this film ?
As much as your typical modern hollywood movie.
yes
yes
Is Rey a dyke ?
no
>>
>>63792413
Haven't you people ever seen a movie before? That's how romances build up, they start out as friends, with romantic tension and end up together by the end of the story. Get real.
>>
>>63792361
>Main girl is outrageously good at everything she tries.

She looked fucking retarded Holding the lightsaber and lunging at Kylo like an idiot, but otherwise the movie showed her being shit at something for like 2 mins then mastering it almost instantly
>>
>>63791468
If anything Finn came out as a forever alone beta who got friendzoned by Rey.
>>
>>63792863
>went from complete stranger to kissing on the forehead in hours/days(?)
>friendzoned
>>
>>63791750
>She learns force persuade after having it used on her ONCE.

No she doesn't, she clearly has no idea what she's doing and to me that scene read like her trying to replicate a jedi feat she had heard about in the legends of the past that are apparently all over the place. In the same way that if you suddenly got a wand you'd try to cast wingardium leviosah or something. The fact is works is just because she's the new overpowered chosen one, daughter of Luke.

>She learns force grab/pull after seeing it used ONCE.

That's not that hard, Luke used it in Empire before he'd even been trained by Yoda and it clearly took a lot of effort for her to do, considering that Kylo Ren and her stood there staring at it together for 10 seconds and she was off screen so could have been doing it even longer still.

>She fights with a lightsaber like she's been using it her whole life.

She blatantly has no idea what she's doing with it, Ren wants her alive remember, his goal is to disarm her and convince her to join the dark side, not slaughter her casually like he did to Finn. When I watched that fight I was struck by how weirdly Rey was using the saber, she kept going for low angled thrusts which is retarded, now whether or not that's just the choreography being shoddy is another issue.
>>
>>63791599
Lol take your meds faggot. It's 2 hours of pew pew good vs. evil monomyth shit you've seen a million times before. You're as paranoid as fucking tumblrfags
>>
>>63791599
So are most of the heroes. Stop trying to look for shit that isn't there.
>>
>>63791371
>What is the ammount of propaganda in this film ?
little
no
remember when lando tried to fuck leia? that was 30 years ago
>Is Rey a dyke ?
yes
>>
The basic lesson to be taken from this movie is:

Women, minorities, senile old farts = good
Young white men = bad
>>
>>63793332
Sounds like you're projecting your own self-loathing onto this simple ass movie.
>>
>>63793000
>immediately calls him her friend after said kiss on forehead
>>
>>63793383
No it doesn't
>>
>>63792320
It's parody and it's pretty funny too.
>>
>>63793445
Whatever. Anyway, we don't know what race the other stormtroopers are. Also one of the more prominent villains was a woman.
>>
>>63793332
I didn't get that lesson at all. You're looking at pure coincidence and connecting dots that aren't there. There was no mention of race or gender throughout the whole thing. Rey shows independence because without it, she'd be a boring as fuck character. Nobody wants to watch some bitch be unable to defend herself for almost two hours.
>>
>>63793926
I don't want to see any woman in the lead role, unless it's some shitty rom-com or something. Then I don't care
>>
>>63794086
Mulholland Drive
>>
>>63794086
Then don't watch things that have female leads.
>>
>>63791797
Kylo Ren is technically a "skywalker" too. And a half trained Luke still got fucked up with ease by Vader in Empire. Kylo Ren is officially the weakest dark lord in the SW saga.
>>
Why did the evil director of human resources get a special storm trooper uniform?
>>
>>63793332
Poe was evil? I didn't expect that twist.
>>
>>63794596
Poe isn't white enough for that anon, apparently
>>
>>63794391
I'm sure we will see him develop. Snoke was talking about finishing his training. That's what makes him more intresting, he's not just some one-dimenisonal final boss just waiting to be killed, but more like "evil Luke" who was also having doubts of killing his own father and starting training to become better.
>>
>>63794697
He should have propably had real aryan blood to be labeled as white.
>>
>>63794780
Yeah, we should test his genetic heritage and his mitoclorian count while we're at it.
>>
>>63794738
He better beat Rey in the next film or i'm not taking him seriously. Rey can then finish him off in the 3rd installment.
>>
>>63794738
that kind of arc won't work for a villain. Villains are intimidating because they are inherently powerful, not pussies who rely on powerups from someone else. They're meant to be levelcapped Protagonists at the start of the film and the hero has to spend the whole movie trying to get on an even footing with them.

But then they clearly didn't really know what they wanted to do with Kylo so I'm sure you will be right.

The other reason it's all awful is: why doesn't Snoke just fucking personally kill everyone if unlike Palpatine he has no Empire to run.
>>
>>63793038

>That's not that hard, Luke used it in Empire before he'd even been trained by Yoda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOvJOV0PxHg

You mean the scene where he spends some time trying to use it to get a light-sabre that's a couple of feet from his hand? Barely being able to get it to move as he tries?

Are you seriously comparing that to being able to outright do the technique instantaneously?
>>
>>63795049
I'm sure it works, it's just something different and that's a good thing. Looking forward to it. Kylo is one of best new characters because he's not a cliche, but actual original character. Much better than any of prequel villains. Even Dooku was shit, even though Christopher Lee was great.
>>
>>63791371
A ton
Yes
Yes
Maybe

It was extraordinarily obvious that Jar Jar Abrams sees Star Wars as a vehicle for his personal politics which align themselves very closely with the SJWs.
>>
>>63791599
there were a few dindus in the control room on death star 3
>>
>>63795440
literally as much time as rey took. probably less. and he had the shit beaten out of him.

it's a bit dumb that she was able to do it, probably would have been better if it was less controlled, like she managed to move it but it flew wildly and only made it land close to her instead of directly in her hand or something.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.