[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only Star Wars film I've seen is Episode I: The Phantom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: butt.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
butt.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
The only Star Wars film I've seen is Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I'm not lying or trolling. It came out when I was young so I saw it in the theaters and it sucked so my family didn't take me to II or III. I still haven't seen the original films or the one that just came out.

How does this make you feel? Does this make me gay?
>>
Do you like The Phantom Menace?
>>
>>63791215

it's actually a really good movie for really young kids. As in, I saw it when I was 4 years old, and I loved it. When I was 8 me and my cousin would sit around for hours rewinding the fucky shitty parts of the movie and laughing, like darth maul getting cut in half. over and over.

I mean, yes, it's fucking awful by the time you're 9 years old, but you really had to be young to like it.
>>
>>63791215
>It came out
>it sucked
>that just came out
so...
>Does this make me gay?
Yes
>>
>>63791314

I'm still able to enjoy much of it today. Though I would like to have a good edit of it that takes out a few bits.
>>
It's a fine movie. I've been on /tv/ for 7 years now and I have never seen anyone articulate intelligently why it's a bad movie. The majority of people just cite the RLM reviews, which just indulge in petty criticisms like "there is no main character" or similarly stupid shit like that.
>>
>>63791269
I remember being kind of indifferent to it, as in when I saw Jurassic Park and Independence Day I decided at the time that they were my favorite movies, wanted all the toys, developed an interest in dinosaurs and aliens, respectively. I had the n64 pod racing game which was tyte as fuk but that's it, I pretty much forgot about it not long after. I was certainly too young to think it flat out sucked and I haven't watched a Star Wars film since.
>>
>>63791318
kek
>>
>>63791552

I remember watching the 3D re-release several times. I remembered there was something "wrong" with the film that I couldn't put my finger on that I never felt before when I watch the movie (the reason I kept going to see it was because of this feeling). I enjoyed most when I was fucking high as fuck.

I think the real problem with the movie is the pacing and some of the dialogue. Other than that, it had the making of a good movie, maybe not stupendous, but certainly above average in terms of story and design for a sci fi flick.
>>
>>63791593
One thing that we can all agree on is that the accompanying n64 pod racing game was tyte as fuk.
>>
>>63791680
I re-watched it not to long ago. My only real gripe with PT is Jar Jar Binks. He doesn't need to be in the movie at all, and is all but useless, yet somehow he ties all of the protagonists together (Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Padme, Anakin) and gets the whole thing rolling.

Aside from that, some of the acting was wooden (McGregor, Portman), but that is most likely Lucas' fault as that persists throughout the entire prequel trilogy and outside of said movies, those two actors excel in their craft.
>>
>>63791925

People are little too hard on the Jar Jar character and I think it's just a meme that's gotten out of hand that's preventing people from judging the character more objectively because for some reason they gotta up one another in how much they express their disdain for the character.

Honestly, I think Jar Jar works in the first part of the movie as a foil to the stoic Jedi. I always enjoyed the first part where Obi-Wan and Qui Gon meet Jar Jar, they go to the Gungan City and then they travel with Jar Jar to the capital and stuff. I think during that moment, Jar Jar was still kind of fun. It was after they left Naboo that I think the character started to already feel a little tired and tacked on, even upsetting the tone in some scenes..
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.