[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just talk about how, despite how good The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: starwars.jpg (140 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
140 KB, 600x337
Can we just talk about how, despite how good The Force Awakens was, the next 2 Star Wars movies are going to be complete shit because they're being directed by the guys that did Godzilla and Jurassic World
>>
>>63791189
Just got back from watching it. Actually kinda disappointed. Already seen episode IV, V and VI. Don't need to see them condensed into a single film.
>>
Rian Johnson is a better filmmaker than JJ. He's writing and directing Episode VIII. Disney would be wise to let him write IX as well. I'm confident Trevorrow could competently direct a well written Episode IX. There is still hope.
>>
>>63792337

>I'm confident Trevorrow could competently direct a well written Episode IX.

I'm not. Am I the only one who thought Jurassic World sucked? Worst effects/setpieces of the whole franchise, plot & characters only marginally better than JP3.
>>
>despite how good the force awakens was
Shut the fuck up faggot, you know nothing about star wars and your opinion is shit. The force awakens is NOT ONLY a shitty cuckold remake of a new hope, and despite it being the worst star wars of all time, I could easily argue its the worst movie of 2015. You obviously have not read ANY of the lore, expanded universe, or ANY thing regarding the history. Force awakens single handedly ruined a great saga
>>
>>63792414
I wouldn't say it sucked but it had a lot of problems, and it was overall pretty bland and mediocre
>>
>>63792462

>A movie designed solely to entertain me was bland and mediocre, and riddled with technical flaws despite a massive studio budget and access to cutting-edge filmmaking tools. But it didn't suck.
>>
>>63792442

wew lad
>>
>>63791189
godzilla is doing the spin off one. The Looper guy who did Hank dies episode of Breaking bad is doing Ep 8.

I actually think if 8 goes somewhere completely new ppl will like it better than 7 since its not Star wars 4: 2.

But i will be suprised if 9 isnt complete cock. jurassic world is toilet dick ass
>>
>>63792442
Star Wars lore is shit anyway. There are dozens of better fantasy or sci-fi universes to get immersed into. I just turned my brain off just to watch an entertaining movie, and it did entertain me. I wasn't expecting anything intellectual or deep, just a fun movie with some Star Wars tropes and fun action sequences. And that's what Star Wars is about. It's not The Wire or True Detective, it's a kid-friendly adventure movie. Quit wasting your time on lore of that kind of movie series, do something else on your free time.
>>
>>63791189
Trevorrow is utter trash, they should hand IX to the guy who did Edge of Tomorrow or Blomkamp.
Rian isnt a bad choice.
>>
Yeah, as opposed to the guy who did Star Trek 2009 and Super 8.
>>
>>63792442
>cuckold

The funny thing about this meme is it turns out Finn is a massive coward who gets his shit wrecked constantly.
>>
>>63792442

Your aspergers is acting up.

>you like a movie I didn't like
>you know nothing about star wars
>muh secret star wars clubhouse

Go outside faggot
>>
>>63793030
2bh, they should just give the franchise to James Cameron.
>>
>>63792547
Is this how people think when they say something is either great or a shitpile?

There's an entire realm between great and horrible anon, it's called average, though Jurassic World was definitely in the lower average range.
>>
>people who have made good movies
>jj abrams
Ahahahaha
>>
Just seen it
What a fucking disappointment.

I had hopes JJ would do a modern take at Star Wars. Add some sense to it while keeping the spirit. Nay, fuck that. He makes another fairy tale instead.

White stormtroopers. Wow, really again? THE FUCKING PREQUELS could have the clones use camouflage.

Finn has refused shooting at the villagers, everyone is OK, but when he OH MY GOD REMOVES THE HELMET Captain Brienne is all up his grill.

Rey has been digging throughout a ruined SD for a day, but her face is clean as a photomodel's.

TIE fighter has a backseat gunner now, because otherwise Finn would have othing to do during the MY ASS DRAMATIC ESCAPE. Yeah right, an air superiority fighter needs one as fuck.

And that's just what I can clearly remember. There's tons of that shit.

Fun part is that Finn, the nigger everyone was afraid would spoil the movie as fuck, is not nearly as bad as Rey is. She's like the worst part of it. First scene, she's become force sensitive. Second, she actively resists a fucking heir to Darth Vader and an experienced force user. Third, she mindcontrols a stormtrooper. Fouth, she's on par with Kylo Ren with a lightsaber, despite holding it for the first fucking time.

That's the damn point about this whole thing. It doesn't have people being people. It has heroes being heroes. Kylo fucking Ren, the guy with the face of a straight-out /b/tard is the most believable of them all, because his non-intimidating face actually adds another side to him. It makes him more real. Real people have more sides to them than just one, but the heroes of this shit? Except for him, and maybe Finn who also sometimes overdoes his antics, and suffers it, nope.
>>
>>63792442
Boyega was the best actor of the new movie, though. Easily the most charismatic and well-acted. He kind of blew Oscar Isaac out of the water and I think Isaac's performance in Ex Machina and ILD were AA-worthy

Also, if it's basically a rehash of ANH, you're basically saying ANH is shit and invalidating your own shitpost.
>>
>>63793288
>Rey has been digging throughout a ruined SD for a day, but her face is clean as a photomodel's.

Her face literally had dirt and smudge on it the first time you see it, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63793459
Wait really? That might be me or the local cinema lighting fuckup, I admit.
>>
>>63792442
Jesus Christ I hope this is bait because if not you're fucking pathetic m80
>>
>>63792337
He actually IS writing IX as well.
Disney probably looked at his script and went "oh shit, this is way better than anything JJ gave us", then told JJ he could help produce the next movies or have 0 involvement, because he's a trash writer and director that just serves to make action movies.
>>
>>63793288
yes boyega and ren are interesting. Rey is cute as fuck but she is ridicolous. She is able to defeat kylo ren in the first movie... Kylo was suffering from a gunshot to the stomach but it feels wrong anyway
>>
where is it confirmed who directs the next two
>>
>>63793627
Yea, it actually feels like they added in that gunshot scene later. They wanted Rey to win the whole time, but were probably like "shit, this makes 0 fucking sense for her to win here... eh, just have Chewy shoot him after he kills Han"
>>
gareth edwards has nothing to do with this trilogy is why this one sucks
>>
>>63793757
Rogue 1 is the modern sw movie for people with taste
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.