[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me, /tv/. Was it good? Did you feel it? http://strawpoll.me/6301065
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834 KB, 2400x1621
Tell me, /tv/. Was it good? Did you feel it?

http://strawpoll.me/6301065
>>
>>63789501
I liked it, but it wasn't flawless. JJ can make good movies, but not great ones.
>>
File: 1449273982623.jpg (22 KB, 741x530) Image search: [Google]
1449273982623.jpg
22 KB, 741x530
>>63789501
Pretty fucking bad. No style whatsoever.

objective star wars rankings (cannot be argued against):

4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 7
>>
>>63789588
NOSTALGIA! NOSTALGIA! NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
It wasn't very good, but it wasn't very bad either since it's just new hope again but that definitely makes it disappointing
>>
File: donte2.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
donte2.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
>>63789588
>2 better than 1
>4 better than 5
>7 not better than the PT
>>
>i don't care

anti-star wars plebs BTFO

face the facts we /SW/ now
>>
>>63789623
Not really. I'll admit ep 7 is easier to watch than something like TPM, but at the same time you can sense there is something much more perverse and hollow about J.J.'s effort. I hope Rian Johnson's Episode 8 will be a better attempt at this awkward revival.
>>
>>63789728
5 is definitely not a better film than 4

I don't care about prequel rankings desu
>>
>>63789868
>there is something much more perverse and hollow about J.J.'s effort.

Episode VII was the same formula presented in ANH. It's the exact same recipe. The pacing is all the same.
>>
>>63789928
It most certainly is. ESB is the peak of the series.
>>
In the theatre I was cringing and on awe of how stupid and inconsistent the movie was. Walking out of the cinema I would have givin it a 4-3/10. Having slept on it I can't stop thinking the movie was a charming and fun adventure, still I'd give it a 5-6/10
>>
It was good, not great

Then again Star Wars was never really my sort of thing
>>
I voted ok because there was no pretty good option. Someone make a better poll.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 255x255
>>63789501

I feel the movie was both confused and blurred.
>>
>>63790002
I noticed that and it actually goes to show how good the editing was in ANH. Every moment is given just enough time and everything flows smoothly from one scene to the next. TFA is just a blur. The camera work is annoying too, it looks like a video game.
>>
>>63790074
It really isn't. It's a 2-hour long toy commercial.

ANH is a better standalone film and in essence, the ultimate Star Wars film. They weren't thinking about creating sequels at that point and it really shows. The editing, directing and writing is also more polished.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.