[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2015 cinema experience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 16
>buy one of the first tickets to the opening night, literally seconds after online reservation opens
>thursday midnight = no kids
>catch last two seats in the very middle (gets sold out first and is usually occupied by people who actually care about the movie, don't talk, eat or text)
>dear lord please give me a normal crowd
>the day comes, arrive at the cinema
>not more than 3-4 retards in jedi costumes
>a lot of "normal" looking people
>das it mane
>movie starts
>crowd applauds when yellow opening rolls
>crowd bursts out with 20-30 second laughter every time even a minor quip
>crowd applauds millenium falcon
>crowd applauds everything "I REMEMBER DAT"

Why can't I just watch a movie in peace? This is what makes me torrent instead of going to the theater.
At this point I'm very worried that Hateful 8 will be unwatchable until it's on blu-ray.

Does /tv/ notice that too or am I autistic?
>inb4 I'm autistic
>>
I blame social media and smartphones for all of this.
>>
midnight premieres are always like that you fucking autist. go in the morning if you want to avoid happiness
>>
>>63789002
Everyone is nostalgic cut them some slack.

i clapped at everything
>>
come watch it in asia, nobody claps for anything
>>
>>63789058
It was my first so I wouldn't know that. Won't make that mistake again.

>>63789063
I was nostalgic too, but I thought americans are the ones that clap for everything, not yuropeans

>>63789068
What part of asia?
My friend is in Beijing and told me it's even worse there.
>>
>>63789002
Don't go to a midnight showing if you dont want autists, autist.
>>
>>63789002
Where was the designated movie theatre shooter ?
>>
Went to the midnight showing in Scotland and people were only clapping right at the end when "DIRECTED BY..." came up, wasn't personally clapping but I understood why as it was a genuinely good flick. Also went to see it again yesterday, no clapping but this one girl sat near us was constantly laughing at the most obvious references to the OT, wasn't too bad but you gotta learn to shut up when watching a movie.
>>
>>63789169
singapore, nobody clapped

>beijing

was the cinema full of westerners?
>>
File: CEAY03lWEAA5H_3.jpg (21 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CEAY03lWEAA5H_3.jpg
21 KB, 599x337
>americlaps even clap at movie theaters
>>
>>63789188
I don't care about the autists, it's the normies that fuck up every movie because they're retarded enough to burst out with "hoink hoink" when they get the joke
>>
>>63789002
I had loads of kids in my theatre and all of them where silent while watching the film. I respect their parents
>>
My theater basically became an interracial breeding grounds. I had to visit the shower afterwards to wash all the cum off.
>>
File: 1449034377968.gif (411 KB, 154x142) Image search: [Google]
1449034377968.gif
411 KB, 154x142
>live in upper-class majority white part of metro area
>cinema is small, but the seats are those ultra comfy reclining ones
>only a few people dressed up, but it's pretty light cosplay since cinema is enforcing a "no hoods, no lightsabers" policy with a visible police presence
>two guys clap once during the opening, but quickly stop once they realize nobody else is doing it and never do it again
>apart from the comedic parts, nobody makes any more sounds until the ending
>>
There was a little too much fan service and comic relief for my liking, hopefully now that the new trilogy nut has been busted they can make the next movies a tad more serious.
>>
>>63789770
>"no hoods, no lightsabers" policy with a visible police presence
holy shit this is brilliant, should extend to all forms of cosplay
>>
>>63789002

>Why can't I just watch a movie in peace? This is what makes me torrent instead of going to the theater.

At least you did learn your Lesson.
>>
>>63789002
Watch movies at home you antisocial autistic faggot. Movies in theaters are a social experience. Why wouldn't you want to just have fun and go with it?
>>
>>63789068
>>63789169
In Japan theaters are dead silent and anyone who makes a noise brings a thousand years of dishonor on their famiry.

Of course my friend and I were filthy gaijins so we laughed and clapped as is expected of Americans.

Meanwhile a friend in China says they are dying to be more American and are pleb as shit when it comes to movies.
>>
>h8ful 8 will be unwatchable until it's on blu-ray
>implying it will ever be watchable
>>
>>63790493
There's a reason people are supposed to turn off their phones and shut up during the movie. It's not a fucking disco.
>>
>>63790577
I heard it's also considered impolite to talk on the phone when commuting? Based japs are based.
>>
>>63789002
You're the idiot for expecting a quiet crowd at a midnight opening showing.
>>
When the music came on people clapped. A few kids. Some older dudes who came to see what happened after the original trilogy. A lot of manchildren.
>>
>>63789002
don't go to first viewings, wait a few weeks until the hype has died down
>>
File: 0351 - L6BRJuk.jpg (23 KB, 286x256) Image search: [Google]
0351 - L6BRJuk.jpg
23 KB, 286x256
>mfw one of the girls in my group was ultra paranoid about a shooting and started freaking out everyone in the theater
>all eyes on one fat Mexican kid by himself with a trenchcoat
>>
>>63789002
This is why I stopped watching movies in theaters. I will just wait until I can watch it at home.
>>
>>63790615
So you're supposed to detach all emotions and not react to anything in front of you? Your phone has nothin to do with what's on screen, your perosnal reaction does.

I paid for my fucking seat, ill laugh at whatever the fuck I want.
>>
File: 1446766838638.gif (2 MB, 235x150) Image search: [Google]
1446766838638.gif
2 MB, 235x150
>>63789002
poor americans.

>be german
>watch german in english
>only foreigners and serious grown ups
>nobody claps
>nobody laughs out loud
>nobody does anything but sit silently in his seat

Sometimes I really love being german.
>>
File: Tiles_05_UV_M_CM_1.jpg (41 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Tiles_05_UV_M_CM_1.jpg
41 KB, 512x512
>>63790815

>I paid for my fucking seat, ill laugh at whatever the fuck I want

its called not being a nuisance to others in public you fucking manchild

sure you paid for your seat, but the others paid for theirs too

so shut your mouth and watch the movie like an adult
>>
File: 1423169407399.png (946 KB, 996x1368) Image search: [Google]
1423169407399.png
946 KB, 996x1368
Feels good to be in Germany I guess.

Went to the midnight premiere. One guy in a Kylo costume, some storm troopers, a few jedi. That's it.

Everyone watched the movie in peace. No clapping, ever. No loud laughter either, only during BB-8's thumb up and some "ohhh!" when the Falcon appeared on Jakku. No big audible reactions to Han Solo's death.

Pretty comfy.
>>
>>63789002
Cause all these fuckin heathens don't know the Jedi Code...
>There is no emotion, there is peace.
>>
>>63790906
this. Ameritards will never understand, they wouldn't mind fireworks during credits
>>
>>63790948
>>63790891

>implying the 1000K Merkel's guests

Better to be french
>>
I saw the Thursday showing at 9pm. Wasn't bad except for some annoying six year old girl who wouldn't shut up when the Fo4 commercial came on. Babies whinning, crying etc. People clapped when the title appeared, characters appeared, laughed at the jokes for a few seconds. I wore my sith robe but I didn't have the hood up or anything too gay.

The best part was when Carrie Fisher showed up, and just one person started nervously clapping, it died, then immediately everybody joined in when the shot panned over to C3-PO. The whole theater started laughing at that.
>>
File: 1434384189422.png (47 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1434384189422.png
47 KB, 212x218
>those faggots dressing up in costumes and bringing lightsabers

hehe just like that simpsons episode guys! this is such an important cultural event, right? right?

Fucking FAGS.
>>
>>63789002
>crowd bursts out with 20-30 second laughter every time even a minor quip
this is the one i hate the most. especially when it's the joke from the trailer that you know for a fact everybody has heard at least ten times
>>
>>63789055
Social media and smartphones aren't to plane if people act like monkeys in the theater. If anything, it should make them shut up because they're too busy texting.
>>
>there's a joke
>people laugh
NO FUCKING RESPECT
>>
>>63789002
>Why can't I just watch a movie in peace?

Because everyone in the public audience is just competing with each other to like Star Wars more. Because it's cool now for fully grown adults to wet themselves with glee over a childrens' movie.
>>
>>63789002
that's all a part of the movie going experience you goddamn aspie. Do you want people to just sit there and not react to anything on the screen? I agree, you SHOULD stay at home and torrent your flicks, because you're obviously not fit to be out in human society.
>>
>>63789002
Differences between you and them (applicable to all boards):

>they have healthy social lives
>they can enjoy themselves without worrying about what other people are doing or thinking about them
>they're not autistic
>>
>>63791110
there's a difference between laughing like a normal person and making sounds like a slaughtered pig while looking around to see if others are laughing too
>>
>>63791047
>I wore my sith robe but I didn't have the hood up or anything too gay

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1368752112554.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1368752112554.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
>be me
>be tourist in the USA
>go to cinema, want to see TFA
>am told that as a single I am not allowed to see a movie all by myself as a single
>forced to buy second ticket for a random hobo I found nearby, bring him with me
>buy some popcorn before entering theatre
>"that'll be $9.99 plus tip"
>pay up, go in
>have to climb over all the fat people in scooters
>finally reach my seat
>the classic Star Wars text scrolling intro begins
>loud whistles and clapping in the room
>everyone claps whenever something happens
>Han and Chewie appear a bit later
>clapping becomes so loud my ears are almost bursting
>he says "Chewie... we're home"
>everyone else stands up, I see tears in the eyes of the people next to me
>they clap wildly and shout "USA! USA! USA!"
>one guy claps so hard he breaks his arm
>suddenly hear gunshots
>some kid in a jar jar costume came in from behind with a shotgun and has started gunning down people in the audience
>panic breaks out
>some people are not sure whether to run away or whether to clap
>I try to make a run for it, but some fatso on a scooter runs me over and I fall down
>get hit by the shooter
>am dying as I type th
>>
>>63790906
Your life must be so sad and devoid of fun. Let yourself enjoy shit sometimes.
>>
>>63790948
Please tell me the film was dubbed. That would just confirm how shit European entertainment is compared to superior American entertainment.
>>
>>63791204

K
>>
>>63790906
By your standards the whole crowd is being a nuisance. Would you really be making a difference by being an autist and depriving yourself from enjoying the movie by being angry?
>>
>>63789002
Cmon at least they weren't shooting. ;^)
>>
>>63791175
So basically they are so self-absorbed that they don't mind ruining someone else's experience. They are loud, they overreact, they bring their babies and bratty kids...but it's all fine because they're enjoying themselves with the few people they brought to the theater. Fuck everybody else.

Man, american society is fucked.
>>
>>63791263
Every movie is dubbed in Germany.
Sometimes the dub is okay actually.

I'll see the original version tomorrow night so I can compare which one I like more.

Believe it or not occasionally I prefer the dub voice. Most striking examples being Homer Simpson and Dr. House, they sound MUCH better in German.

That said I usually try to see everything in English or the original version
>>
>>63791233

>being autistic enough to type out all of this and include epic "no singles allowed in the cinema" meme

I honestly pity you, even by /tv/ standards.

As a former assistant manager of a theater, I'll let you in on a secret. No cinema looks down on singles. None. They're among the favorite type of people they want to have in there. Sure they're most likely to start shooting the place up but they're also the least likely to start disturbing everyone else and make the staff intervene.
>>
i want to go and clap at EVERYthing especially when that bad person does that bad thing to that good person, if you know what im saying
>>
>>63789225
you should have chibbed her mucker
>>
>>63789002

move away from murica
>>
>>63791241
>>63791359

laughing normally = / = being a squealing autist
>>
>>63791425
hes just trying to get his epic post reposted on reddit/4chan so he can get upboats for maymatys
>>
>>63777777
>>
File: 1428624390685.png (76 KB, 477x306) Image search: [Google]
1428624390685.png
76 KB, 477x306
>>63790799

>made a joke to friend about getting seats nearer to the top so we can shoot more people
>tfw randos turn around and stare at me

I admit I'm an edgy faggot, but still.
>>
>>63789002
he doesn't go a week after a movie he wants to watch comes out.
>>
>>63791513

I don't believe you. You would have been arrested.
>>
>a few chuckles at the thumbs up
>some laughter at Chewie's shrug to Finn's war hero comment
>couple gasps at Han's death
>light clapping at the end

Was pretty good overall. No babies, no phones going off, no obnoxious fucks.
>>
I was in the Premier night yesterday

Nothing happened

Everyone was Silent, There was a few giggle at few funny scenes and that's all

Thank god we don't have this problem here
>>
File: muricans.jpg (77 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
muricans.jpg
77 KB, 460x276
>uncultured americans think its okay to be selfish and CLAP, cheer and make noises while watching a movie

not theatre with live actors, not stand-up comedy in a bar, but a fucking movie

I'm sure the actors in the movie appreciate your clapping, retard

"who cares about other people--OMG DID YOU SEE THAT! "*frantic clapping*
>>
>>63789002
I'm so glad people like you aren't going to reproduce.
>>
>went to 7:30 showing last night
>earliest showing for 2D
>I was the only one that brought a lightsaber
>no one was even dressed up
>felt like a retard
>almost not able to get in because this usher considered it a "weapon"
>sneak it in anyway when she's not looking
>movie screen fucks up and it gets delayed an hour

What a shitty night. At least the movie was ________________________good
>>
>>63790891
this sounds fucking terrible. i wouldn't even go to the movies is people didn't laugh out loud and clap
>>
>>63791233
...so, how was the movie?
>>
>>63791425
nice bait
>>
>>63791701
>I'd rather hear people clapping, whistling and shouting than focus on the movie I paid to see
>>
File: clap clap.webm (472 KB, 396x800) Image search: [Google]
clap clap.webm
472 KB, 396x800
>>63791742
yes it's a lot more fun that way, especially when you have the EQ to realize everyone in the theater is reacting because they're paying attention to the same film you are. that's why i like watching movies with friends and my girlfriend too, you can react socially to what's happening on the screen or discuss it with one another; makes the experience much more memorable and special. almost all my happiest memories over going to the theater involve the audience bursting out into applause. it's hard for autistic people to understand the appeal of group experiences though.
>>
>>63791830
I'm all fine with watching it with others assuming I've been able to concentrate on it the first time around
>>
>>63791466
Were talking about laughing normally you autistic faggot. I understand how you would have a hard time telling the difference.
>>
>>63791625
This is all because we stopped teaching kids that only apes point and hoot, because it was raycist and offensive.
>>
>>63791958
a theatre is a social experience anon if it wasnt there'd be 1 person per viewing.
>>
>>63790493
Surely you don't actually fucking believe this. You go to see a movie in the theatre because there's no other way of seeing it, not to whoop and holler at the screen.
>>
>>63789002
>Why can't I just watch a movie in peace?
Because the crowd is more excited than you and the majority of people show this excitement by cheering, laughing and applauding.

A smaller percentage of people are bad at showing their emotions and keep them bottled up. Fortunately we don't let people like this ruin our movie going experiences.
>>
>>63792658
or many persons who are all by themselves and concentrating on the movie instead of loudly clapping?
>>
>>63792783
You can wait and watch it at home on DVD or cable. There is no reason you would have to go to the theater, especially opening night. If you do, then you know what you're in for.
>>
>>63792996
Or you can not go on opening night. Problem solved.
>>
>>63792996
>waiting
>when I'm a huge SW fan and it's a part of my life
>>
>>63790799
so this is america... woooah
>>
>>63789002
>why are people social? the post
>>
>>63791830
She isn't autistic she was simply trying to cover her short dress, same thing a guy would do if he had a raging erection on TV rather than clapping like a normal person and revealing a giant boner.
>>
>>63789002
went at 11am today
assigned seats that I bought a month ago
no one talked
no one was too loud cheering/laughing
no issues
Movie was bittersweet
>>
>>63791513
>you cant make jokes in the land of the free
>>
>>63793196
So people who go to see drama theatre are antisocial?
>>
>>63789500
Their parents have beaten them sufficently.
>>
>>63789002
>watching anything by cückantino
>>
>>63793308
Nah they just understand that 'drama theatre' is not the same type of social experience as your typical neighborhood popcorn movie theatre.
>>
>>63793382
>watching anything by jew jew cuckrams
just because the people involved are cunts doesn't mean the movie will be bad. I want to see hateful 8 because based Snake Plissken is the main character
>>
File: known pleasures.jpg (59 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
known pleasures.jpg
59 KB, 645x773
>>63791233
kek
>>
File: 1445205065163.jpg (627 KB, 2400x2580) Image search: [Google]
1445205065163.jpg
627 KB, 2400x2580
>>63791233
>>
>>63793503
neither is a social experience. You don't go there to talk to people and make new friends, you go there to watch a movie. And the fact that there's 200 people watching this move with you doesn't make it a cocktail party all of a sudden
>>
>>63791233
I'm crying
>>
>>63793686
welcome to the 21st century grandpa, movies are social now.
>>
I haven't been to a theatre in years, so I don't remember much being bothersome. Although I do remember going to see "star trek" in theatre the one with the red liquid, and I remember thinking that I'd like to press pause when I had to take a break for the restroom. I feel like I didn't know what was going on for most of those star trek movies.
>>
>>63793760
>grandpa
hello reddit
>>
>>63789002
>goes to the cinema
>expects a viewing experience

top kek
Cinemas are nothing more than a social meetup these days. I also think watching a movie in a cinema at least somehow distorts the experience. You have people clapping, talking, laughing and shit, which is honestly not even a bad thing if you just want to have a fun night with your friends, watching a good movie.
But if you really just want to experience a movie, watch it by yourself.
>>
>>63789058
yeah, when i wend to star wars last night the high school girl dressed as a wookie told me to be quiet because my breathing was "really annoying" before the trailers even started.

Then she tried to film to opening credits crawl and I laughed.
>>
>>63793114
>Star Wars
>Part of your life

I bet your parents basement is also a part of your life, along with your Princess Leia body pillow and too many toys. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>63794174
this tbqh
>>
>>63793253
Maybe don't use such a short dress if it's going to be such a pain in the ass to keep you from displaying your cunt when you sit down?
>>
>>63789002
>literally one minute into the movie i had to ask the people next to me to be quiet
>woman on her phone throughout the entire film
why pay money to have a film on in the background?
>>
>>63794001
>mouthbreather
>>
>>63794922
couples go to cinemas as a form of dating
kids go because fun
lonely women because romantic comedy

I'd say only 30%-40% people watching the movie are really paying attention and using their brains to understand what is going on.
>>
File: 1.jpg (324 KB, 1600x1071) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
324 KB, 1600x1071
>ask my crush out to see TFA
>she says yes
>opening credits roll
>she applauds

fml
>>
File: 1439903538752.jpg (75 KB, 600x470) Image search: [Google]
1439903538752.jpg
75 KB, 600x470
>people aren't allowed to laugh at something they find funny
>everyone should be completely silent during the entire movie
>going to premiere night and not expecting a large crowd
You people astound me. If someone is talking through the whole movie but a short outburst of collected laughter isn't going to ruin the movie for you.
You're like my friend who gets mad when small children laugh during Disney movies.
Kill yourself
>>
>>63795348
Nobody said that people can't laugh. The purpose of quips is to loosen the tension and make people smile/giggle, not piss themselves for 20 seconds followed by a round of clapping
>>
>me and friend go to first screening available this morning because we're not retarded
>decent sized crowd
>audience is quiet the entire movie up until Han died
A quiet audience is a good sign for me. Shows they're engaged with the movie
>>
>>63795348
you sound like that lonely ugly kid who has to keep making excuses for everyone elses shit behavior because you don't fit into either social camp.
Please go to the lobby and order some bleach.
>>
>>63789002
People barely made any noise when I went, besides a few collective chuckles. The only noise was cheering when the credits started. Then again I am in Australia.
>>
>>63793270
Just a prank bro!
>>
>>63795628
>projecting and making this many assumptions
How autistic is this board?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.