[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "rich people are depressed and suffer in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: Sofia nepotism Coppola.jpg (55 KB, 620x766) Image search: [Google]
Sofia nepotism Coppola.jpg
55 KB, 620x766
>It's a "rich people are depressed and suffer in their fancy first world lives" movie
>>
>>63787442

Lookin' good there Wes
>>
>its a hungry poor faggot living the life in the "hard mode" movie
>>
They have money, go buy medication for that shit. I had to beat it the hard way.
>>
>>63787442

>you will never give her a stern bare bottom spanking then watch her hop about rubbing her sore red butt gasping and crying about how she'll tell her daddy on you
>>
>>63787442

>it's a 4chan thread by an uneducated moron who thinks that money solves the abyss
>>
>>63787442
i know right, don't they know that money literally buys happiness?
>>
Knight of Cups, basically.

Oh wait you americlaps haven't seen the last Malick yet.
>>
>>63787514
>medicine is expensive

bad luck tiny tim
>>
>>63787442

The more rich people should kill themselves.
>>
I feel like a little bit of money buys happiness, just not way to much. Im sitting on a couch sore as fuck from work last night. I would be much happier overlooking a lake drinking a beer.
>>
>>63787743
Is it your ass thats sore from selling it ! or something entirely different
>>
>>63787743

I work 2 minimum wage jobs that allow me to sit behind a desk and read for the entirety of my shift with almost no interruptions. I am never forced to do any work. I live on top of both of my workplaces right in the downtown core. I have more than enough money given that me and my gf split our bills so I can drink on the regular and eat out frequently. I also only work 3.5 days a week.

I'd say you hardly need any money at all to be happy if you have passions. Passion for reading/films/music and living in a small-ish city that isn't too expensive and is also surrounded by a lake and near to forests/beaches/an island, makes life pretty fantastic. Money is irrelevant.
>>
>>63787442
She looks like Ben Solo
>>
more like Copleba
am I rite?
>>
File: 1420257939464.jpg (684 KB, 1980x1980) Image search: [Google]
1420257939464.jpg
684 KB, 1980x1980
>>63787442
The humanity is the worst species in terms of hedonism: our pleasures stem from hard work whereas our jouissances are nothing but fleeting.
Even worse, the more we satisfy our desires, the more we see them diminishing, making us understand that they are phony, the less we need to satisfy them for a while.
Even worse than the hard work, even worse than the evanescence is the lassitude from our pleasures.
The more we enjoy an activity, the less it remains to enjoy: we become jaded and, even with all the wealth in the world to fight this lassitude thanks to a diversity of entertainment, we do not escape the boredom, in other words, dukkha persists.
The tragedy of the pleasure is that we do not know when we experience it WHEN WE EXPERIENCE IT, since it seems that the intensity of the pleasure is inversely proportional to its duration.
If, by some miracle, we are aware of our (mild) pleasure, we may then worry of its disappearance.
The happiness is very simply turned into an equation:
>our pleasing perceptions + knowledge that they are pleasing sensations DURING the pleasing sensations + identification of we with these pleasing perceptions = happiness = to be happy + to know that we are happy WHEN WE ARE HAPPY [instead of knowing that we WERE happy]
There are then two options to establish firmly the happiness:
-to continue to identify ourself with the senses, from which we must pursue the pleasures, the most lasting and intense as we can, given our means; and to find a method to enjoy the sensations WHILE we experience pleasure
-to stop identifying, through our senses, with our perceptions, with the pains but equally with the pleasures since they lead to pains just as pain itself
>>
File: 1444793271754.png (363 KB, 2016x1584) Image search: [Google]
1444793271754.png
363 KB, 2016x1584
>>63788031

the logic is thus : once we experience superficially dukkha, inwards and outwards with respect to our being in the form of body/mind, we understand that dukkha is not to be sought IF we want a robust happiness [more robust than the pleasures from the hedonism].
This leads us to hear about the dhamma, then to read a bit of suttas.
Once we learn the dhamma superficially, we want to put an end to dukkha.
To put an end to dukkha is to understand the five aggregates.
This superficial right view, this superficial insight [vipassana] at the beginning brings tranquillity [samatha] then, samatha permits the concentration [samadhi] which permits an observation pertaining to the development of the full insight [vipassana].
the Vipassana permits to understand what goes on inside of us and furthers the tranquillity [samatha], tranquillity [samatha] which betters the concentration [samadhi], and the virtuous cycle is formed.
The samadhi, samatha, vipassana will make the dhammic morality intuitive, natural.
We cannot have samadhi without vipassana, we cannot have vipassana without samadhi [beginning with samatha].
>>
Sofia Coppola is hot. Gives a whole new meaning to the word DILF.
>>
>>63787442
Are there any movies that show lower-middle class families ala Malcolm in the Middle?
>>
>>63788031
>>63788073
Nice try, buddha
>>
>>63788031
>refrain from sexual misconduct
based anti-cuck god
>>
>>63788179
ebin
>>
File: 1449678738751.jpg (7 KB, 187x250) Image search: [Google]
1449678738751.jpg
7 KB, 187x250
>>63788031
>Six Stages of Metta
>2. A Good Friend
>>
>>63787442
>tfw had a crush on Sofia Coppola until seeing her in interviews and seeing how much of a dull airhead she is
>>
>>63787840

>Money is irrelevant

Dude, you get paid to sit on your ass and not be a full on NEET, eradicating the social stigma. Money is relevant in the sense of how you get it, and you got lucky as hell. I envy your comfy life.
>>
>>63788382
This fucking board.
>>
>>63787840
fuck man that sounds awesome! what city and jobs might I ask
>>
>>63787442
Plebs don't know how much we rich brats suffer from existential crises. You're all too busy working and aspiring. It's cold and lonely at the top.
>>
>>63788649
>having an existential crisis beyond the age of 20
>>
>>63787840
But you really are doing nothing and only consume, how satisfying can this possibly be? I mean, it is to a certain extent sure, but not for 20 years
>>
Lost in Translation and Virgin Suicides are still solid flicks and you can't tell me otherwise. Yes, the caucacity of these films are at an all time high but she still manages to capture said whiteness in a way that transcends the fact that it's just bitchy white people whining about shit no one cares about.
Now her other movies are straight trash are just excuses for her to make movies that revolve around her personal Spotify playlist.
>>
File: CPGqmLvUAAAjJu1.jpg (29 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
CPGqmLvUAAAjJu1.jpg
29 KB, 500x480
>the movie is about something
>>
>>63787442
Wow. Now that I think about it, Virgin Suicides is about depressed rich people along with her other films.

Seriously, Sofia. Tell a different story. You and Wes need to give up your same ol' shit.
>>
>>63787840
I have to do an 8 hour shift of working my body as hard as I can. I dont get to sit down and read. I get home I play some games and drink some beers before I go to sleep. More money would equal not working and chilling at my lake house. The way I see it money=happiness.
>>
>>63787442
The only reason reincarnation and karma exists is to reassure the have's that it is okay that they have and the have not's that there is an existential reason why they don't have.

And yes, being rich actually makes you happy unless you get Jennifer Lawrence syndrome.
>>
>>63788728
The entire reason human beings exist is to consume.
>>
File: Kyle-Mooney-Roomies-Video.png (272 KB, 597x418) Image search: [Google]
Kyle-Mooney-Roomies-Video.png
272 KB, 597x418
>it's a movie movie
>>
>>63787442
only rich but stupid people aren't depressed
>>
>>63788939
>And yes, being rich actually makes you happy unless you get Jennifer Lawrence syndrome.
you are not rich to say such a thing
>>
>>63787514
By jerking off?
>>
>Rich people cannot suffer because money solves all problems.
>>
>>63787442
Yeah, people who have shit aren't allowed to have problems. Better yet, since having a shit day is such a contest, let's stick it to those fucking Africans and light ourselves on fire. That'll show them who's got it rough, thank you SJW.
>>
File: d24.jpg (26 KB, 429x281) Image search: [Google]
d24.jpg
26 KB, 429x281
>>63789020
Yeah awesome man money doesn't buy happiness. Sure pal. What other deep reagon-esque baby boomer quotes ya got for me?

The rich created a system where they have brainwashed the poor to idolize them as they withold life and opportunity from them.

I literally cannot fathom why it is okay to ever do that. If I have 4 billion dollars, I would give most of it away and live off the dividends. If I were Jennifer Lawrence, I would fall to my knees in guilt , give all my money away, then an hero.
>>
>it has a linear plot
>>
>2 hours of watching a person struggle to make ends meet and struggle to put a can of beans on the table

We poor folk don't have to watch a movie to see that shit
>>
>>63789219
>>I literally cannot fathom why it is okay to ever do that. If I have 4 billion dollars, I would give most of it away and live off the dividends.
what is the lassitude, what is the fear of loosing the money
>>
>>63788803
How many Wes Anderson movies are actually about rich people?
Bottle Rocket: about underclass criminals
Rushmore: Max pretends to be upper-class but is only a step above being straight-up poor
Royal Tenenbaums: Upper-middle, maybe borderline rich
Life Aquatic: They kind of seem rich but it's so removed from reality it's hard to tell
Darjeeling Limited: Only straight-up case. Notable that even most fans don't defend this one that much.
Fantastic Mr. Fox: Clear no.
Moonrise Kingdom: Love interest is from a cozy background, sure, but the main character is an orphan.
Grand Budapest Hotel: The main characters are social climbers who are starting from quite low. Those born rich aren't really shown in a positive light.
You don't have to like Wes Anderson, but this just isn't true.
>>
>>63789117
yes
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.