[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel that the pacing was way too fast? Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: zdvv0b2aja8qhtnrcwif.jpg (183 KB, 636x820) Image search: [Google]
zdvv0b2aja8qhtnrcwif.jpg
183 KB, 636x820
Does anyone else feel that the pacing was way too fast? Everything feels rushed and hurried.
>>
>>63787371
Trademark JJ Abrams film. Like the Star Wars reboot, it felt like a two-hour-long commercial.
>>
Yes, very rushed.

Also felt like it was already the conclusion to the series.
>>
>>63787371
Just like ANH, way too rushed
>>
>>63787371
quit trying to think about it and BUY OUR LICENSED TOYS™
>>
>>63787586
it was ANH for the adhd generation, bud.
>>
sometimes it felt like some characters were just teleporting around the planets, moving around inexplicably fast
>>
>>63787586
I agree for the most part, but even ANH had some quiet and somber moments. ANH took its time when it needed to.
>>
>>63787371
The moment they introduce Starkiller

Instead that plot line should have been scrapped for the We have a map to Luke Fucking Skywalker plot which was established in the opening title.

It would have given the movie much more cohesiveness and made it feel like an adventure movie to find lost legends and powers instead of remaking ANH in the last 30 minutes
>>
>>63787435
This. It was exactly the same thing with the Star Trek reboot.
>>
>>63787371
Have you ever seen a starwars movie?
>>
>>63787586
ANH was not rushed, though. It's a perfect example of great editing that fits the material.
>>
Rushed? I actually felt like ACT 2 dragged a little, to be honest.
>>
>>63788063
ANH pacing was fast, if he meant that.
>>
It very much felt rushed and just kind of stringing along from one action piece to the next.
>>
>implying ANH wasn't rushed
>implying ROTJ wasn't rushed
>implying ESB didn't have as many flaws

you really like meme'ing right /tv/?
>>
Yep. It barely allowed any tension to build and when it did it was killed off by witty banter.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.