[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The music sucked ass in TFA. What the hell happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 347x424) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 347x424
The music sucked ass in TFA. What the hell happened?
>>
File: 308495.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
308495.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1080
>JJ why are you telling me to compose the music first?
>>
>>63785827
>its jj's fault!
>>
>>63785843
>implying I implied that
>>
>>63785843
If William's could even compose great music for the prequels, does that mean TFA is worse than the prequels?
>>
Because John Williams is like 90 and does give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>63785877

Yes. TFA is much worse then the prequels. At least the prequels had original ideas.
>>
He ran out of classical music to copy
>>
>>63785950
Or maybe he's scared that people now know that he's a hack
>>
>>63785950
This
Holy fuck, most film composers are just reharshing older composers. film componists are often regarded as the lowest form of classical composition by other composers.
>>
It was just missing one memorable theme, the prequels all had one - walk out the theatre humming it. TFA had none though. Jedi Steps and Reys theme were the only stand outs but still not as good as Duel of Fates or Across the Stars etc
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 640x1136
Havent seen the movie yet, but when does this track play?

It's pretty good. Not amazing, but pretty good.
>>
>Snoke theme
>just the first note of Emperor's theme in drone form
It was just people going aaaaaaaaaah for a few minutes, what the shit Williams?

>>63786105
When Dumbledore dies
>>
>>63786156
>Dumbledore

Han or Hosnia prime? Which scene?
>>
>>63785877
It depends on what you value more. The prequels had more original ideas than TFA but they were executed horribly. TFA was a better made film that borrowed way too heavily on plot points from the original trilogy and had way too many callbacks too.
>>
>>63786316
I see what you mean, and sense I do value risk taking (even if the common consensus is that they didn't pay off) more than technically good filmmaking.

I really really want to like TFA, but I'm afraid that i'm going to be dissapointed, considering I like the prequels better than the OT (though i recognize that they are much more rough around the edges).
>>
>>63786447
*since

Im p drunk
>>
>>63786006

>other composers

pifftaHAHAHAH you mean those jelly "patricians" who are begging people to see their concerts .

I can't wait until they die out.

Peasants have always had the best taste.
>>
Was there any new music? I thought I heard all the old stuff.
>>
>>63786156
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>63786203
Han
>>
>>63787655
If that's when Han gets killed by his son Ben Solo than Williams really has lost his touch.
>>
File: pepekek.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
pepekek.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>63785724
>tfw the best song of the new star wars was only in the trailer and never actually used in the movie
>and it wasn't even made by williams, though it did use his music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6dfOPjUiw

SW fancucks BTFO!
>>
>>63785724
>>63785724
JJ abrams happened. Look at the score to Into Darkness and Star Trek (2009). They're shit with no songs that really stick out. The original Star Trek scores and Star Wars scores were memorable but even from the trailers i was getting this annoying Inception Whaaaam and it sounded too much like JJ Star Trek. It's trash.
>>
Star Wars fans are living in the past

Go watch any films Lawrence Kasdan has written for in the past few years, the scripts suck ass

Go listen to any films Williams has done the soundtrack for in the past few years (Tintin for example), forgettable ass

All that nostalgia pandering. At least Howard Shore is still consistently amazing, probably the best thing about The Hobbit trilogy in fact
>>
>>63787940
But Giaachino's (sp?) ST score was great, dumbass.
>>
>>63787953
I thought Shore was kind of floundering with the hobbit scores 2bh, mostly 2 and 3. AUJ had good music.
>>
>>63788022
The stuff he did for BotFA is some of the most complicated film music I've ever heard put to screen. Maybe not the most memorable but the number of motifs weaving in and out is superb, and it's all characteristically Howard Shore whereas Williams is living on former glory
>>
>>63788116
Okay, I take it back. I agree that it was extremely complex, it just seemed too understated for Jackson's bombast.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.