[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it pathetic to go to the movies by yourself? I want to see
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: girls_gossiping.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
girls_gossiping.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
Is it pathetic to go to the movies by yourself? I want to see the new Star Wars movie but no one else wants to go.
>>
Did it a few times but always during work days, afternoon when there are less people around.
>>
>>63785609
Depends what you look like, the less neckbeard traits you have, the more OK it is
>>
>>63785691
no. im gay with a little face-shadow.
>>
>>63785738
>You're gay
>You can dress
Should be ok then. Just give no fucks and buy a combo
>>
>>63785789
>implying some gays can dress
not all can. but thank you for the advice.
>>
File: 1431611821188.jpg (266 KB, 1216x1251) Image search: [Google]
1431611821188.jpg
266 KB, 1216x1251
Sure go ahead, but follow this guide. It's a life saver.
>>
>>63785894
>Bring personal items and scatter them on the seats next to you
Doesn't work anymore, reserved seating can be purchased online.
>>
protip: no one notices you smdh
>>
>>63785609
Just take your falcon with you.
>>
Honestly why would you give a shit if someone notices you alone?
Not like people are going to stop in the middle of the move and scream "HA, THIS FAGGOT, NOBODY CAME TO SEE A MOVE WITH HIM"
Even if one person did notice, there's a pretty high chance you won't ever see them again, and if you do, they probably won't recognize you.
>>
>>63785894
>Getting caught.
People really care this much?
I'm a britbong and no one cares about going to the cinema alone.
Its just preferable to go with friends so you can discuss it before and after.
>>
>>63786110
>so you can discuss it before and after.

What do you think this board is for?
>>
>>63786142
The exact same thing?
I mean my friends go home after the film but I like seeing what everyone has to say; even the most contrarian of faggots that inhabit this board.
Verbal communication is always easier as well.
>>
>>63786370
>Verbal communication is always easier as well.

Fucking normie.
>>
I'm a black man taking my white gf to see Star Wars. I know not your feels.
>>
>>63786412
Your dad doesn't want to go see it?
>>
>go on my own
>theatre falcon leg gets caught in the 5 inch steel door they shut after we all got into the movie
>it has to get put down
rip
>>
>>63786429
desu my dad is too busy fucking this older white lady to even bother talking to me anymore. not that i care since i moved out years ago.

like father like son, i guess
>>
I don't know if this a serious thread, but to everyone having anxiety going movies alone...NO ONE CARES!
>>
I did this on the morning star wars came out. Thing is you just go in right when the movie starts and get out right when the credits start no one gives a shit and no one notices. even if they do who cares, you'll never see them again. If you're really self conscious go to a cinema far away from you.
>>
>>63786550
How can you be this self-conscious?
I mean you're not even interacting with people.
>>
>>63785609
Neither of your parents said they wanted to go with you?
rough
>>
>>63786579
If someone in this thread is this self-conscious, I recommend scheduling an appointment with a psychiatrist for a diagnosis of social anxiety.
Trust me - I've been through this, and getting help is the best thing that can happen.
>>
>>63786610
I mean I'm self-concious as fuck when talking to people I don't know and new situations make me want to vomit but why are people afraid of going to the cinema alone?
It doesn't make sense to me.
>>
the first time i went alone this whole youve learnt your lesson in the end: dont go to the movies by yourself meme got into my head and i dropped my id (girl behind me noticed and got it for me), the counter girl asked what do you want not very nicely because she was flirting with her boyfriend before i went for the ticket, etc

but the moment you sit on that theater, in front of that screen... pure silence, pure contemplation, nothing else matters for 2 hours.

i havent gone to the cinema with people for years now.
>>
>>63786710
you're clearly not that self conscious. It's socially unacceptable to go to the cinema alone, as it suggests you have no friends to go with. Stupid, but true. This is why one might be self conscious as you feel like people are judging you. now why be self conscious about the opinions of strangers you will never see again? good question, but some can't help it. I myself just get anxious going into the grocery store, as I feel like everyone's looking at me. It's something I just can't control.
>>
>>63785894
you americans have problems...
>>
>>63785609
I went alone yesterday and no one gave a fuck.

Whoever the fuck says you can't see a movie alone is an idiot with some sort of social phobia stemming from poor self esteem and probably poorer looks to go with it.
>>
>>63786035
solution, just purchase a few seats around you. sure it will be more expensive, but at least then for SURE people won't think you're there alone and you avoid being publicly humiliated. that's what I do and it works like a charm.
>>
>>63785609
Nobody notices, much less cares enough to judge you.
>>
File: 1449268813075.jpg (76 KB, 572x674) Image search: [Google]
1449268813075.jpg
76 KB, 572x674
>>63787112
This. Why do they care so much about others? They will propably never see those people again. Do they really need to fake all that shit to not look "bad"? What the fuck.
>>
>>63787067
>It's socially unacceptable

No it isn't.
>>
>>63785609

Why the fuck wouldn't it be? You don't go to movies to talk to someone during the movie. Maybe to talk with them after. Or find a group of people to talk about it with there, and share your opinions. I often put off activities that I would have liked to do because I couldn't find anyone to do them with, or that girl I wanted to invite to it said she was busy. Eventually I started doing them on my own and was much happier, I don't regret it because I could appreciate them.
>>
Is it pathetic to go to the movies by yourself and clap by yourself?
>>
>>63786110
This, but that's what places like this are for. That said, it's either the choice of discussing nothing of depth with my normalfag friends, or seething autists that nitpick over small details and get pissed off because something didn't fit in with a wikia that they've been reading for the past few days.

Anyway, first time I went to the movies alone it felt kinda awkward. I don't give a fuck any more. Movies are low priority in my social circles, so more often than not it's either watch alone or don't watch at all.
>>
Yes it is pathetic to go by yourself. I am newly single and on the verge of going to see movies by myself right now. Its pathetic because, movies are for groups of friends or dates.
>>
>>63785609
pretty much
>>
It's not only pathetic it's dangerous. No one wants to see some sketchy lone adult male in a theater. I'd call the cops desu
>>
File: 184.gif (398 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
184.gif
398 KB, 300x167
>>63785894
how can you care so much what others think about you you cant even go to cinema alone this whole possibility seems surreal to me
>>
>>63785894
god damn that is so damn cringy. How do you get lost in a theater? they tell you where to go, you follow the numbers. I feel sorry for anyone who actually has to use this much thought to get through it. Common sense should be enough.

>>63787617
>>63787677
>>63787067
damn I hope y'all niggas are "trolling." what the fuck is wrong with this board.

>>63787156
this tb100%h. /thread
>>
>>63787677
This, in half the cases it turns out the guy was going to shoot everyone
>>
>>63787617
The only pathetic thing here is that people exist who are so mentally challenged they need other people to be with them to enjoy a film. Or people who are constantly worried they will be judged for stuff nobody actually cares about.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.