[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPOILER! I can't wrap my head around this. Kylo seems to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4
SPOILER!

I can't wrap my head around this. Kylo seems to be this awesome OP sith, and suddenly, Finn and Rey (with absolutely no jedi training) can almost match him? Please provide me with an explanation or theory so I can stop thinking about it...
>>
*spoilers* He's basically bleeding out from that bowcaster bolt. They showed you the whole movie how powerful it was. Kylo took that blast and walked it off. These aren't episode 1 jedi. We have no idea what Luke taught Kylo. How far in the training Kylo got nor how much Luke retained from the Jedi Order on courascant. Even still Kylo just killed his father and was obviously in his own head a little preoccupied.
>>
>>63785546
it's called bullshit and it's what this movie suffers from, bullshit.
>>
>>63786127
Lol ok
>>
>>63786098
>Jedi Order on Coruscant

What?
>>
>>63786098
this
>>
>>63785546
Thanks for the spoiler asshole. I've been lurking 4chan for days and haven't seen any spoilers what so ever. And on the same day as I get to see the movie you spoiled it for me. I hate you so fucking much. I hope you die.
>>
>>63785546

This movie is bullshit.
>>
>>63786152
The temple where Anakin kills the younglings? All that information would be useful to Luke when rebuilding the Jedi
>>
he got shot in the chest with that crossbow and he's still unstable from having killed Han

also the movie goes to lengths to show that Kylo is still just a big sith babby and he's not really a big evil dude like Vader or anything yet
>>
>>63785546
He was badly injured, he wasn't trained fully, and his mind was an unfocused mess after killng Han.
>>
>>63785546
>black man and strong independent woman are better at everything than a lil wyte boi
seems realistic to me
>>
>>63786193
Sidious probably had the temple nuked.
>>
>>63786223
>who looks like a kike
Now what?
>>
>>63786223
>little
Dude's like over 6 feet tall
>>
>>63785546
That blaster could kill an armored storm trooper in one hit. Kylo is bleeding out the whole fight. Notice how he starts kicking their ass, then gets worse and worse?

You fucking children can't pay attention to the simplest things in movies I swear.
>>
>>63786159
Agreed, that sums it up perfectly.
Also we dont know who dropped her off as a child yet on the planet during her flashback. Could she have been a young padawan
>>
>>63786245
I think it's more likely the relics were stored in case they could be used for information against jedi in hiding. Or power for Anakin and sid. But who knows.
>>
>>63786161
you are joking right /tv/ and /b/ is full of dumb american kids posting all the spoilers they can.
I dont think they realise the rest of the living world saw it 24 hours before them
>>
>>63785546
I don't get what people don't understand.
It's like you guys really can't comprehend movies.

Kylo was a bitch. Even Snoke knew it. He's not a "sith Lord", he's a dark Jedi with a shitty makeshift lightsaber who thinks he's cooler than he actually is just because he was the best out of Luke's Academy for Gifted Younglings. He wasn't anything special and would get wrecked by an armless episode 2 Anakin. That, and the fact that he was shot dead on by Chewbacca's powerful ass blaster causing him to bleed out makes that final fight lean not towards his favour
>>
1. Kylo is toying with Finn, he always has the upper hand, even when Finn gets a lucky hit on him

2. Rey beats him because she is the established jedi prodigy

This isnt a fucking political drama, it doesnt have to make sense. Fact is, Rey has to ebat him because the story and her path demand it.
>>
>>63785546
He's a white man, he can't defeat the progressiveness of the new age and loses like a bitch, it mirrors our current society

Poetry of the best kind
>>
>>63786265
lasers in starwars cautorize wounds...how is his wound bleeding?
>>
>>63785546
JewJew gave rey mary sue status and also he's a fucking hack it was fanservice with a side of tumblr the movie
>>
>Direct hit with Wookie bowcaster
>Just killed his own father
>Bleeding everywhere
>So frantically out of it he keeps hitting his own wound to show how strong he is

I can suspend disbelief they bested an edgy sith padawan. What shitted me was Rey learning force powers so fast, even with innate ability. I'm assuming she's a jedi with a wiped memory or something or other that will explain it next movie.
>>
>>63786161
How do I hide spoilers?
Like this? :spoiler:R2D2 gets hacked and kills Leia.:spoiler:
Fight the urge to click the black box!
>>
>>63786265
This
/tv/ is trash because you guys don't actually watch anything
>>
>>63786376
He wasnt hitting the wound to see how string he is.

Ever heard of adreneline. He was hitting it to gain more
>>
>>63786298
Okay, he took the relics and archives, then nuked the temple.
>>
>>63786335
Lol no that's not it never write anything
>>
>>63786340
He was shot by Chewbacca remember?
>>
>>63786335
The issue isn't about logic or sense, obviously people can come up with hundreds of ways to justify Rey winning. The problem is that if this shit of her constantly getting the power ups in the right moment continues, all tension will be gone. Force magic and her being a prodigy could literally justify her walking up to Snoke and killing him with ease.
>>
>>63786371
>buzzwords: The Post
>>
File: REYvan.jpg (234 KB, 805x992) Image search: [Google]
REYvan.jpg
234 KB, 805x992
>I'm assuming she's a jedi with a wiped memory
>>
>>63786434
Typo by me he wasnt hitting to show strength

it was to get more adreneline. He was hitting it to gain more
>>
Except hes not an awesome op sith. Pretty much the whole movie shows him to be an immature, untrained full of himself asshole. At lukes order he was probably more force sensitive than any other jedi and became so full of himself thinking he was better that he turned on them all before his training was complete.
>>
>>63786376
You might have just shed light on an actual cool twist for the next movie.

I haven't seen it but think about Rey and Kylo trained together as kids. As young young kids. They grew up together, and trained with Luke everyday. But Kylo felt jealous blah blah has evil in him, and really hurt Rey and she lost her memory. Then she went to live on Jakku until the movie starts.

I feel like there are hints in the trailer and what i've seen of the final fight that Kylo recognized Rey. And Luke had to give up Rey for her safety and finally saw her again after so many years.

Yay? Nay?
>>
>>63785546
>>63786371
he's like a weeb who thinks he knows how to speak japanese and he finally meets someone from japan and tries to have a conversation with them.
>>
>>63786441
laser crossbow. More powerful than the standard blaster, but still a laser weapon nonetheless.
>>
>>63786098
But that is such BS
>>
>>63785546
how can a man--no, an oppressive rapist EVER be a match for a woman? have you forgotten that this is 2015?
>>
>>63786376
I think its more like the flashback from when she touched luke/anakins lightsaber kicked her force powers into high gear. Shes prob also the daughter of luke
>>
>>63786538
Like i have said
She has a flashback to where as a child she is dropped off on jakku. We dont see who dropped her there.
Its got to point to possibly her being of the jedi order which luke stopped when Kylo went off the rails
>>
>>63786620
Jedi cant have relationships nor kids. The last one who did fucking turned to the dark side so im guessing thatll be out.
Unless Luke went full retard before he went awol
>>
>>63786622
I had no idea. They totally trained together a long time ago now that you say that.
>>
>>63786098

We do have an idea on how far he got with Snoke's training.

"bring me kylo ren, so that I may complete his training" or something at the end.

So his dark training is only one lesson away from being done
>>
47 Stah wahs threads currently active on /tv/. Get lives people.
>>
>>63786660
As Luke was never trained to the standards of the pure black/white jedi, his idea of a jedi is closer to a gray jedi.
You can love, have emotions etc etc.
>>
>>63786721
depends on the master and what he trained.
Obviously there was no force choke/lightining like vader.
>>
>>63786098
Thread should have ended here. References to how strong the bowcaster is are spaced THROUGHOUT the movie and this guy took it to the side like a champ and still was able to hold his own.

Wish people would fucking pay attention to this kind of shit.
>>
File: BullshitButton-main.jpg (79 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
BullshitButton-main.jpg
79 KB, 1100x1100
>>63786622
>skills learnt as a child can enable someone to beat another who can trained his whole life

shit man, I learnt ping pong when I was in primary school, I should sign up for the olympics and beat the pros at their game
>>
>>63786721
I think complete his training was meant to be
"Bring me Kylo Ren, so that he finish his SOL test."

I think he's going to really fuck Kylo up and completely change him. He's a goner.
>>
>>63786752
Point taken. I see it more of them being taugh at a very young age by him rather thanthe father/daughter.
I may be totally off field as it is totally feasible that they may be.
>>
>>63786721
>>63786784
Who said this and when? Was this some after credits shit?
>>
>>63786765
His robes are armor..

>>63786767
You sound stupid. This isn't even the same thing. She learned the force, something that isn't real so you don't know how it works. And then in a time she needed it, it came out. It's not fucking hard to understand lol
>>
>>63786767
So a blast from a bowcaster to his side did bugger all then.
He was literally so weak by this thus she had the upper hand.
>>
>>63786721

He probably kept Kylo purposely weak until he became horribly disfigured. It's a Sith thing.
>>
>>63786825

This is me paraphrasing Snoke. It's the last thing he says in the film
>>
>>63786150
Rey as protagonist go sucks, and horribly so. Her Mary Sue plot armor has given her deus ex machina status so quite literally no one can beat her and there's no pitfall she can't haxxor herself out of. So as a protagonist go in the hero's journey there's no emotional involvement with her as a character at all.
>>
>>63786825
It was whilst he was talking to the hologram . during the film
>>
>>63786825
He says that after planet gets fucked by rebels, at that point Kylo is sleeping in snow after Rey kicked his ass .
>>
>>63786863
>His robes are armor

Because armor in Star Wars is well-known for being useful against blaster bolts right?
>>
>>63786735
Manchildren talking about a childs movie, sums /tv/ pretty accurately.
>>
>>63786958
plus actually its was a well known fact before (although pointed out in the film a few times) a bowcaster is far stronger than a blaster bolt.
Wookies used them as it was difficult for human types to handle the recoil.
>>
>>63786958
Have you heard his punching himself to stomach after being blasted? It sounded like he is hitting some sort of hard plastic or metal. Abdomen was protected for sure by something.
>>
>>63785546
>Kylo seems to be this awesome OP sith

The fuck are you basing this on? There's not even any indication that he's a Sith. In fact, they outright say that his training is incomplete
>>
>>63786995
well mr edgy teenager, just because you missed the glory of the originals the 1st time round
>>
>>63786245
It's at the end of Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>63787030
hes hitting himself to get more adreneline
>>
>>63786435
You really don't think Kylo was fucking with Finn? He knocks him on his ass in the first fifteen seconds and then just stalks off punching his bleeding wound, letting him get up instead of finishing him. The dude was in a crazed, vicious state, he just killed his fucking dad, he wanted to beat them around, not just dispatch them quickly and be done with it.
>>
>>63785546
He got shot in the gut with weapon that instakills most people.
He was also emotionally fucked up from killing his father moments earlier, having his subordinate fucking shit up that hard and letting the First Order's superweapon destroyed by the prisoner he brought into the base and let live.
>>
>>63787077
I know but the sound it makes isn't like when you punch flesh, unless he has fucking abs of steel.
>>
>>63787030
he's bleeding all over the place mate
>>
>>63787117
Well he is skinny as fuck.

>>63787088
this, he probably didn't even remember who he was as that point, probably a second from passing out anyway.

Are his helmet and lightsaber gone?
>>
>>63785546
Because womyn power yo
>>
he's gravely injured by chewie before that fight begins, and is closer to Luke during his training than Vader in terms of skill. Finn he toys with and gravely wounds, Rey gives him an actual challenge because a)she's not injured b) she's a trained survivalist who's gotten by on her own for 18 or so years and c)he appears to know her or at least wish for her safety and for her to join him, as shown by his meltdown when he learns an unnamed girl has the droid and showing her a kindness never given to poe during her interrogation, as well as holding back when he had her against the cliff
>>
>>63787088
I was just talking about the last part you said.
>Why did that happen?
>Script said so

I don't like that
>>
>>63787151
I think we misunderstood each other, I know he got punctured after the blaster hit him and he was bleeding all over the snow but the sound he made after he kept punching himself was too loud for just flesh , he has something around his abdomen for sure. Anyways I loved the movie , Adam was part of the few disappointing things about this movie. Maybe he will get better in sequels.
>>
>>63787296
>Patricians hated the movie and considered Kylo Ren to be one of the few good parts
>Plebs liked the movie and hated Kylo Ren
Poetry
>>
>>63787296
It's just sound effects anon. Didn't you hear the loud bang when he put his helmet down when he was with ray.
>>
File: cmon anon look at this belt.jpg (91 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
cmon anon look at this belt.jpg
91 KB, 970x545
>>63787384
I'll disagree on that one. I think it's this belt around him that made that sound. Maybe I'm wrong, will watch it again anyways.
>>63787363
Call me whatever you want bby, still watched it before you ;^)
>>
>>63787521
>still watched it before you
Doubt that. I went to a midnight screening.
>>
>>63786098
Honestly he should have been stronger because Sith get their power through rage and anger, which getting shot should have done
>>
>>63787622
Buy that logic darth maul should have beat quigon and count dookus head would have been unstoppable.
>>
>>63786878
'This is Kyloe Renault. We trained him wrong. As a joke'
>>
>>63787894
Fucking autocomplete. Why do I try to post on a phone
>>
>>63787939
Don't worry anon I still giggled.
>>
>>63787577
Unless you watched it in Europe you can suck it anon.
>company provided tickets for opening day
>no waiting lines for us
>movie was great

I can't wait for your "yuropoor" comment.
>>
Movie fucking sucked
>>
>>63788176
I did watch it in Yurop. Czech Republic represent.
i thought we got it later than everyone else did?
>>
>>63787296
His belt.
>>
>>63788360
Nope, we actually got to watch it before NA. I don't know why are we using spoiler for this but oh well.
>>
8/10 movie.
>>
>>63785546
>expecting logic from a JewJew movie

Have you even watched his Star Trek movies?
>>
>>63785546
>Awesome op sith

Were we watching the same movie? He's a whiney teenager and presented as such.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.