[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the GOAT channel? >funny original programming >great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (20 KB, 421x316) Image search: [Google]
file.png
20 KB, 421x316
Is this the GOAT channel?

>funny original programming
>great taste in music
>great taste in anime
>excellent selection of syndicated shows
>>
dead to me since ATHF ended

anime is for fags
>>
>>63784802

If you think it's GOAT now in it's shit period you should go back and watch early to mid 00's when it was in it's golden age.
>>
File: xavierlife.jpg (38 KB, 350x465) Image search: [Google]
xavierlife.jpg
38 KB, 350x465
>>63784802
>tfw they will never bring back based Xavier
>>
>>63784996
Sorry to say op, but this.
>>
>>63784970
Athf
Sealab 2021
Mission hill
Home movies
Metalocalypse
Space ghost coast to coast
The oblong's.

I miss this.
>>
They should limit McFarlane shit. I understand that it gets ratings but they replay it twice later in the night.
>>
Monday-Friday has like.... 6 hours or something of seth mcfarlane re-runs.

They still haven't canceled Robot Chicken or Mr. Pickles, but Metalocalypse has been scraped without a proper ending because the producers had a disagreement with Brenden Small.

Their Toonami block is filled with shit.

They only have 1 (one) original animated program thats airing new episodes currently (Mike Tyson's Mysteries).

[as] is wallowing in mediocrity.
>>
It should just be their original programming and anime. They have a really good list of syndicated anime but they don't ever show it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Adult_Swim

>Attack on Titan
>Astro Boy
>Big O
>Black Lagoon
>Cowboy Bebop
>Durarara
>FLCL
>Fullmetal Alchemist
>Ghost in the Shell
>Gurren Lagann
>Kill la Kill
>Lupin III
>Mobile Suit Gundam
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>Outlaw Star
>Samurai Champloo
>Space Dandy
>Super Milk-Chan
>Trigun
>YuYu Hakusho

If they just made the channel like an adult Toonami and showed this shit all the time along with their original shows, I would actually watch it. At the moment I only watched it for Rick and Morty which is gone for a year or two now.
>>
>>63785233
I love Mike Tyson mysteries!

Also:
Moral orel
They had that brak show for a bit.
Steve Brule
Early Tim and eric.
>>
Used to be pretty great, but now it seems like everyone else has copied their breed of edgy stoner humor

They're okay though
>>
>>63785132
I'm OK with them showing AD/FG, but for God's sake, get rid of Cleveland Show.

I wish they'd have 8-9 be KotH, then 9-10 be Bob's Burgers.

NO MORE CLEVELAND SHOW, DAMNIT!
>>
>>63784802

It should be its own channel

Not just a time slot at night.
>>
>>63785530
This. Then maybe they'd get some better programming to balance out the McFarlane stuff
>>
>>63784802
Don't forget they also publish really fucking good video games.
>>
Truly funny/edgy comedy that the other networks have spent a decade trying to match and can't because AS manages to maintain a lack of expectations for its shows. 3 out of 4 are retarded crap, the other 1 out of 4 are absolutely golden.
Main issue right now is that they've given up on their best shows for reruns and instead it's like family guy-family guy-carltons-carltons-american dad-american dad - king of the hill-king of the hill with an hour of real programming between.
Second problem is that they always fuck their shows up in the second season.
Metalocalypse went from really funny one-episodes with music/band themes to a strung-out melodrama that turned the characters into drooling simps and 'ended' with a totally shitty rock opera.
Superjail went from golden-age-popeye tier to shit when they got rid of the animation house and gave it to the dude responsible for venture brothers also going from a really funny one-off episode type show to endless confusing melodrama.
They even fucked over rick and morty somehow.
OTOH it feels like their live-action series get better with subsequent seasons... people like to shit on the live-action stuff but like the cartoons you can't really find something like heartshe hollar or pretty face on any other network and they are decent in their own right (though heartshe fell apart when they got rid of patton oswald...)
Mr. Pickles is one of the GOAT cartoons too, so there's that. But still pissed off at the number of great shows they've either axed or let go, like china, IL and ATHF (which should just never have been canceled, it was the face of AS), Frankenhole too. They seem to handle good-quality stuff badly; it's more like diamond in the rough mentality and as soon as it shines they either mutilate it or let it fade away. Great original program with horrible stewards runing the show.
>>
>Not watching stupid morning bullshit for sally, Xwords for Maxime and FishCenter for max, matt, choe and dave
Stop being cucks it's almost 2016
>>
>No more Tim and Eric

Yep.
>>
Live-action shows ave killed [as], CN, and Nickelodeon.
>>
>>63787125
>>
>>63787047
Did you write this whole post just to troll with this one line?

>Mr. Pickles is one of the GOAT cartoons too,

Mr Pickles is a edgy middle school /b/tard's shitty notebook doodles made into a cartoon.

China, IL was proof positive that AS doesn't have any clue how to handle their IPs and think their audience is a bunch of simpletons who only want uninspired, over the top, ridiculousness shoved in their faces. They literally had no idea why people liked Brad Neely's videos. They thought it was just "FUNNY RETARD BOY" and "PERVY, INEPT TEACHER LOL" and threw in superscience bullshit to make writing their contrived plots easier.
>>
It went to shit as soon as they started doing live action crap.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.