[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologies for under appreciating A Clockwork Orange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: are you cultured enough yet.jpg (129 KB, 1000x646) Image search: [Google]
are you cultured enough yet.jpg
129 KB, 1000x646
Even as a massive Kubric fan I used to hate 2001 (still do a little bit) and ACO.

I couldn't make it through my first viewing of A Clockwork Orange when I first started watching movies as I found it too random, too 70's groovy, needlessly savage and not quite clear of the themes I was approaching, so I'd always put something else on.

This is just a public service announcement to watch the movie if you have ever pondered the meaning of an ultimate morality, state institutions, utopia or justice/punishment/rehabilitation.
>>
>>63784721
>a massive Kubrick fan
>hated only of the best films of all time, 2001

Leave
>>
>>63785153
I'm in IT, all we ever talked about was robots being sentient and taking over the world, discounting that, what else is there to like about it?
>>
>>63785414
well considering that entire storyline is about a third of it at most, plently
>>
>>63785414

that's barely even a big point in the movie

stop meming
>>
>>63785414
>he didn't get it

2001 is entry level as it gets, bro...
>>
>>63785459
Like the direction evolution is taking? I've read Nietzsche, he is meming on N with mysticism, with about the worse score imaginable.
>>
>>63785599
I love the score, I even own an original printing of it
>>
I jerk off to Kubrick films
>>
>>63785549
what's it about then?
>>
>>63785678
Our past and future in evolution, our relationship with forces we cannot understand
>>
>>63785734
>>63785599 is me, so i can assure you it's already understood. As an advertisement for the further study for what the unconscious is and can or should be, sure, it's a great movie, lots of people are already on it, psychology is the most popular field of scientific study today, but did he have to be so loud for so long about it?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.