[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ and the trolls can't accept the fact this is the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: 1035x376-R1251_FEA_StarWars_A2.jpg (32 KB, 1035x376) Image search: [Google]
1035x376-R1251_FEA_StarWars_A2.jpg
32 KB, 1035x376
/tv/ and the trolls can't accept the fact this is the best Star Wars movie out since 1983.

You wanted it to suck, but it didn't. How disappointed are you guys? Is trashing TFA a new meme?
>>
No, I liked it.
>>
>best Star Wars movie out since 1983.

what an accomplishment
>>
>>63783833

Why do they keep his helmet?
>>
>>63783833
expected on a japanese image board full of autistic manchildren
>>
>Film is not a Shakespeare 100/10 masterpiece
>Must be shit

Such is 4chan. It's still a very fun, enjoyable film.
>>
>>63783833

The movie literally restarts the whole story back to a new hope. It makes the original trilogy pointless. But hey go on liking if you want.
>>
shilling it won't make this shithole any better
>>
>>63783833
>thinking this movie is any better than the prequels

a literal shiteater
>>
>>63783833
>what is a rehash
>>
>>63783906

Implying Star Wars would even be compared to a Shakespearean masterpiece. How about a movie which isn't capeshit tier? Or perhaps a movie which isn't a complete rehash of an old movie with no original ideas? These things aren't too hard to ask for.
>>
>>63783919
Like TPM didn't hack ANH much worse, like all the prequels hack some elements from the OT.

JJ referenced a lot and made good cameos. He could have done a complete rehash, but he didn't. This movie feels fresh and original for the most part.
>>
>>63783966
>third death star
>feels fresh and original
>>
>>63783833
Star Wars was all about Han Solo. When he wasnt in it the movie sucked.
>>
>>63783833

>contrarian meming

this is literally all TFA fans have to defend their idol

Starcucks on suicide watch, BTFOd again
>>
>>63783966

> Like TPM didn't hack ANH much worse

It absolutely did not. There were no storm troopers, there was no empire, no new death star, etc. The droid control ship was nothing like a death star. Droids in themselves were new. Not to mention that there were new locations like the underwater city. We also never saw Coruscant or the senate before. Nor did we see a podrace. I can go on. It was visually totally different from the original trilogy.

> He could have done a complete rehash, but he didn't.

I don't know where you are getting this from but this a complete rehash.
>>
>>63783833
>How disappointed are you guys?
I'm disappointed that it's not so much a sequel as a reboot.
>>
>>63784035
Poe is better
>>
>>63784109
>new locations
>Jakku is literally Tattooine with a different name
OK bud.
>>
>>63784014
But, dude, it's a planet now.
>>
File: achievment.png (260 KB, 544x796) Image search: [Google]
achievment.png
260 KB, 544x796
>>63783833
Nothing new kid
>>
>>63784204

Exactly, Jakku isn't new it is just Tatooine with a different name. This whole movie is a complete rehash.
>>
File: Geonosis.jpg (297 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Geonosis.jpg
297 KB, 1280x960
>>63784204
>>63784250
This. Even other sand planets in prequels looked different. geez Jakku it's just Tatooine made by Deviantart kid
>>
Do you think Kylo Ren had to clean Vaders burnt skull and brains out of the helmet? Or does the body vanish upon becoming a ghost?
>>
>>63783833
>the best Star Wars movie out since 1983.

That is exactly what everyone is saying, positive and negative alike.

The problem is the prequels are so bad, it was literally impossible for this to not be the case. There is simply no way to make a movie worse than attack of the clones, as proven by the fact even revenge of the sith was marginally better.
>>
>>63784247
All it needs is a "but its star wars so who cares 5 stars!"
>>
>>63784308
In OT Jedi bodies disappeared when died to became ghosts but Qui-Gon had body after death and he became force ghost too

Lucas really fucked his hit up
>>
>>63783833
Best Star Wars movie out since 1980*

FIXED
>>
>>63783833
Wtf is hans childs motive for going dark.

And looking that Vaders helmet wut.

Vader was redeemed at the end.
>>
>>63784362
Best Star Wars movie ever*

fixed
>>
>>63784362
>TFA better than RoTJ

I want Reddit to leave
>>
>>63783833
Fuck of shill.
I wanted to like it, I watched it on IMAX and it was an Avenger tier mediocrity.
I know it's your job but still go fuck yourself with a cactus.
>>
>>63784317
>>63784362
>>63784409

Worse then the prequels. This ruins the original trilogy. The sacrifice of the characters in the original trilogy didn't matter in the long run.
>>
>>63784355
Are you retarded? They explain in RoTS that Qui-Gon learned how to do that in the netherworld of the force, no jedi ever disappeared when dead before Obi-Wan.

Fuck you're stupid.
>>
>>63784388
The EU fleshed this out a bit more, which was the inspiration for it. Essentially, J wants all the power he can get.

It is a little weird that Anakin's force ghost doesn't show up and be all, "Hey, quit that shit."
>>
>>63784448
>Ruins original trilogy
>Original trilogy didn't matter in the long run

So then how does that ruin the Original trilogy if those characters don't matter in the long run?
>>
>>63784464
>Learn how to became a ghost
>As a ghost

Bravo Lucas
>>
>>63783833
Mediocre
>>
>>63784448
real life is like that too
>>
>>63784497
>fiction
bravo shitposter
>>
>shillthreads
do you fucks want me to like /pol/ ?
>>
>>63784508
I absolve you.
>>
>>63784508
is that Salieri?
>>
>>63784494

Summary:

Luke isn't active well the galaxy is in crisis so apparently his jedi training was useless because he doesn't put it to use

The Han and Leia romance that started in the empire strikes back doesn't matter because it is cancelled out by making them separate

The rebellion doesn't matter because the empire is still around

Destroying the death stars of course doesn't matter because they are coming up with a new one and a new empire like movement.

Defeating the last sith doesn't matter because all of a sudden there is a new red light saber wielding bad guy.
>>
>>63784570
no
>>
>>63783833
We're just mad because we didn't get any disney shekel unlike you and hiroshima
>>
>>63783966
This is a rehash.

Also, locations:
-Not Tatooine
-Not Yavin
-Not Hoth
-Not Death Star

What a fresh and original movie.
>>
>>63784527
nobody cares about you senpai
>>
>>63783833
Why say best since 1983 when you actually mean better than those prequel movies. Does it make it seem more better then? I've actually seen a critic use this very same sentence, and the message is to dilute the fact that almost anything is better than SW prequels.
>>
>>63783833
It's pretty unlike Han to take that mask as a trophy so his son could steal it.
>>
>>63784497
This is explained in the Clone Wars. He was learning how to become a force ghost but did not complete the training.
>>
>>63783833
You could film dogshit for 2 hours and it would be better than the prequels, saying that TFA is the best star wars movie since 1983 is like being proud of getting a medal for participating in little league soccer team.
>>
>>63784308
As far as I cloud tell, there was bits of skull still left in there.
>>
>>63784239
It's so dense, it's like poetry it rhymes.
>>
Wasn't better than the first three but much better then the prequels. I was thoroughly satisfied.
>>
No anon. I loved it.
>>
>>63783833

Seen it at midnight on launch night
Loved it
Came home, opened up TV and people who hadnt even seen it yet where shit talking and hating on it

The next day the forced shit posting was hilarious because they all loved it and laughed at the jokes and just hated themselves for liking it
>>
>>63785052
>much better then the prequels
i just can't understand this. How can it be "much better" if Order 66 scene had more emotional intensity than this entire movie? I mean sure it's better made movie than the prequels, but it's as sterile and uninspired as it can be
>>
>>63784719
-Not cantina
-Not Yoda
>>
>>63783833
But the movie is just a glib facsimile of Ep I V anon
>>
>>63785266
>Not Sheev
>Not Vader
>Not Tarkin
>Not Wedge
>>
>>63785323
>Not Lucas
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.