[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was Prometheus doing at the beginning of the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PROMETHEUS.jpg (27 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
PROMETHEUS.jpg
27 KB, 800x400
So what was Prometheus doing at the beginning of the movie?
>>
Spreading live on the dead planet.

Name of that planet was Earth.

They created live as we know. In order to create live, he had to sacrifice himself.
>>
>>63784630
you mean life
>>
>>63783474
this movie was so dumb its not worth discussing.
>>
>>63784657
yes
I am retarded
>>
>Now I became Prometheus™!

literally walked out then and there.
>>
>>63784690
The movie was sound and very enjoyable, but it asked more questions than it answered, and that pissed a lot of people off.

The only thing that truly bugged me was the engraving of the Alien Queen on the walls of the ship. Still haven't found any kind of logical explanation to that. Likely just fan service but it was pretty dumb given the story.
>>
>>63783474
Trying to get away from Zeus after imprisonment on Mt. Olympus.

Obvi
>>
In Greek Mythology Prometheus gave fire to mortals and was punished for it by Zeus.

I think the film suggested the rest of the Builders (Zeus) weren't on board with Prometheus' plan and decided to punish humanity when they found out (a long time later).
>>
>>63784825
This. There's nothing wrong with the film as far as the technical aspects, and the story isn't even bad despite Lindelof being a hack.

9/10 visuals/audio/pacing
6/10 script with 8/19 concepts
>>
>>63784882
*8/10 my bad
>>
>>63784630
Or

He was convicted to exile on a primordial planet (Earth) and was given a poison to face a civilized death.

The poison also destroyed his DNA to prevent any contamination, which failed as we can see in the reaction the Engineer has to the creatures that seem like a facsimile of itself and the existence of the xenomorph biological weapon stored at the facility.
>>
I loved making fun of this movie, can't remember much now though.

Just remembered how out of the movie I was taken when the biologists were deathly afraid of biology. Then the fear vanished when they decided to coochie-coochie-coo a dangerous alien.
>>
>>63784933
nice thought
>>
>>63783474
Masturbating.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.