[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ex Machina. >Full Definition of DEUS EX MACHINA. 1.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: fargo-season-2-episode-9-ufo.png (926 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
fargo-season-2-episode-9-ufo.png
926 KB, 1024x512
ITT: Ex Machina.

>Full Definition of DEUS EX MACHINA. 1. : a god introduced by means of a crane in ancient Greek and Roman drama to decide the final outcome. 2. : a person or thing (as in fiction or drama) that appears or is introduced suddenly and unexpectedly and provides a contrived solution to an apparently insoluble difficulty.
>>
>>63781608
Fish Rain.
>>
But it wasn't insoluble. It wasn't deus ex machina.

0/10, get off my /tv/ you troublemaking kids
>>
>>63781608

>introduced suddenly

And there's your problem.
>>
>>63781724
>>63781746
>People defending Aliens in Fargo

It's fucking shit tier writing.

>Hey, Bob, should we crate a series with solid continuity throughout?
>Nah, John, just introduce Aliens somewhere

Literally Fargo Season 2. Have an issue with continuing the story? Aliens. Simple.
>>
>>63781896
>literally
>shit tier

Child.

>Hey, Bob, should we crate a series with solid continuity throughout?
>Nah, John, just introduce Aliens somewhere

The TV show constantly references all Coen Brothers movies. Aliens are in the movies.
>>
>>63782074
>Defending horrible screenwriting, scripting, and direction

Go make a vidya game, faggot.
>>
>>63781608
Don't even bother OP, there's no point arguing with delusional Fargofags. Even if you point out the numerous stupid shit that happened this season they just pretend it made sense." But the Coens did it!" "UFOs are part of Midwest mythology!"

>Those UFOs that were just there to be lolrandom and had no bearing on anything
>A Native American getting plastic surgery to become a minor white character from S1
>Ted Danson's secret language emoticon shit
>Doing such a shit job of characterisation you have to introduce a narrator for one episode just to explain a character's motivations.
>That random Wrench and Numbers cameo
>Reagan just being there for the Bruce Campbell memes
>>
>It's fucking shit tier writing.
Why?
> Because I say it is!

Fuck off.
>>
>>63782165

I can tell you are a fat underage American just from your posting.

You're right about shitty writing though, but the aliens weren't part of that. The shitty writing was all the characters in the last 3 episodes constantly making stupid decisions and none of them facing any serious reprocussions (cept for the coalburner who thought it was a good idea to run straight back to Milligan after he shot up the house).
>>
You knew about the aliens since the first episode. That's not deus ex machina, then.
>>
>>63782455
But, you didn't? People were speculating on what that was in the first episode. It wasn't never made clear.
>>
IT'S A BAD ASPECT DONE ON PURPOSE. THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT DEEP.
>>
>>63782455
Knowing there's a God doesn't make you sure that it'll miraculously save you from harm.
>>
Why was this even called Ex_Machina? Everything made sense and eventually fell into place. Is it ironic?
>>
File: Ex_Machina-368494509-large.jpg (166 KB, 810x1200) Image search: [Google]
Ex_Machina-368494509-large.jpg
166 KB, 810x1200
>>63782616
This. Forgot pic because I'm literally retarded and should probably be shot.
>>
>>63782603
That has nothing to do with deus ex machina, though.
>>
>>63782682
Do you even know what "deus" mean, you stupid fuck?
>>
>>63782706
Not the same guy, but I hink it means something which is owed.

>Paying your dues

Don't see how this helps your argument though.
>>
>>63781608
>be mad at aliens
>not at bullshit majic indian killing everyone
>>
>>63782644
Deus ex Machina translates literally to god from the machine. Ex Machina by itself = from the machine. Robots = machines. I haven't seen it, so there may be something that ties the title in thematically, but that's at least one way to approach it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.