[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He was actually pretty good. All those months of shitposting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 16
He was actually pretty good.

All those months of shitposting on /tv/ and /pol/ for nothing.
>>
>>63781234

Yeah he was, I think they tried a bit too hard to make him like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour though, like when he's getting in Phasma's face.

He wasn't a super galactic giga nigga ninja either, just barely competent

>Ren forces the crossguard into his shoulder

pretty sick
>>
File: boyega_movies.png (155 KB, 493x863) Image search: [Google]
boyega_movies.png
155 KB, 493x863
>>63781234
I like how all his promo photos are taken by the side, so no one will notice those wide birthing hips.
>>
The "lol we are switching up the gender roles" was played a little heavy handed, in the ot Leia would help out the guys in a pinch but it wasn't this level of "Yeah I'm alright, stop holding my hand, IM A STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMAAAAN"
>>
>>63781291
BIG
>>
best character in the movie

although that's not saying much because he was competing with

>marey sue
>poe "gone for 75% of the movie" dameron
>harrison "give me my paycheck" ford
>kylo meme
>captain trashedma
>>
>>63781234
I have to agree. I didn't like his casting, but he turned out fine. He wasn't alpha black bull like /pol/ thought, he was kind meek and scared. Seemed like he had some mild autism too.
>>
>>63781291
>be black
>be manlet
>have wide hips and generally JUST body
>be ugly
>be british
i feel sorry for this guy
>>
>>63781318
Kylo Ren was better than this walking meme that's for sure
>>
>>63781234
I was just looking for exactly this thread.
Favorite character for me.

Maybe it's because we didn't see much of Pau, but I really like him. I got a fantastic vibe when both of them were together, especially when they meet again at the base. The actors work really well when put together. I hope they make a good use of that, they have tremendous potential for being extremely likeable.
>>
Yeah, he was good. But we all knew he would be and the racist shitposting was just for fun.

It's too bad the movie couldn't quite get the rest of its act together, though.
>>
>>63781345
This guy is going to make fucking millions, can't feel too bad for him.
>>
>>63781318
>harrison "give me my paycheck" ford

this desu senpai. Everyone knows Harrison has a general disdain for the series but his disinterest really shined in this movie. I know he wanted to be killed off in RoTJ so he was probably pretty pumped after this one.
>>
>>63781234
Yes. I was worried, but he was very good.

I do think he should have died though. He did his part in spurring Rey on her journey, and I don't think he needs to be in the other films. I guess they wanted a love interest, but they didn't have that kind of chemistry (and she kisses him on the forehead, not the lips or cheek).
>>
>>63781234
Better than Rey or Poe desu.
I just liked his character I don't care for him as an actor tho, still think he's ugly af.
>>
>>63781426
TFA was Ford's best performance in at least 10 years.
>>
>>63781429

Would be cool if he and Poe became a Maverick/Gooseman team with a little more experience under his belt, I liked how they played off of each other, hell it's so funny how Poe never really distrusts him despite him being a Stormtrooper.

also interesting how whatever indoctrination procedure didn't work on him,hint that he's got a strong will = Force sensitive?
>>
>>63781234

Good acting

Terribly written character

Also he's still an ugly nigger so there's that
>>
>>63781512
Yes, that was fun. The first half hour of this film was tremendous.
>>
>>63781429
I'd be pretty rude to kiss someone you barely know on the mouth while they're unconscious. But I agree, it doesn't seem like they're going to end up together.
They probably have something big planned for his character in the next movies, though.
>>
File: file.png (40 KB, 353x401) Image search: [Google]
file.png
40 KB, 353x401
>>63781472
That's quite the achievement.
>>
>>63781472
Hardly, he put in a better one for age of adaline.
>>
>>63781374
MC HAMMER
MIKE TYSON
MICHAEL JACKSON

most ghetto nigger millionaires

BOYGAYGUY is bound to fuck his fortune up as well, dude looks and sounds like he has the iq of baboon
>>
>>63781291
wtf
>>
>>63781512
Best pair ahead in the granchise, I tell you that.
>>
>>63781665
He's a wide guy.
>>
>Finn & Poe space buddy cop movie when?
>>
File: 500x_john_is_grimacing.jpg (28 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
500x_john_is_grimacing.jpg
28 KB, 500x319
>>63781638

>BOYGAYGUY

That must have taken a lot of effort to come up with.
>>
>>63781572
I actually did the same thing you did, and thought "this guy is correct, harrison ford's performance in the force awakens IS slightly better than his cameo in Anchorman 2"
>>
File: pepe hands.jpg (15 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
pepe hands.jpg
15 KB, 400x387
>>63781345
>considered manlet
>5'9
>its my height

Again, fucking every time an actor is considered short he is at 5'9.
>>
>>63781725
This.
Episode 8 please..
>>
>>63781469
Are you kidding me? Poe was the best.
>>
>>63781345
and yet in the end he's gonna plow Rey's sweet sandy pussy

there is no hope.
>>
>>63781850
>5 lines poe was the best
uh
>>
>>63781512
He heard the millions of voices cry out in terror and then be suddenly silenced when that planet that is apparently super important but we've never heard of it until now explodes so that's certainly plausible.
>>
>>63781877
>You have to be a main character to be good
>>
why did they feel the need to have him pop off after capturing phasma?
>>
>>63781512
He has to be. I just can't root for the wooden mary sue.
>>
>>63781291
I noticed his hips the second they landed at the beginning. That blood mark was unnecessary.
>>
>>63781914
We need to see the script to find out how this scene is written.
>>
>>63781917
>you need character development to be a good character
NO WAY
>>
>>63781822
To be fair 5'9" is just being a manlet for a white man, but it's considered dwarfism for a dindu or Basketball American.
>>
>>63781822

Should just kill yourself now desu senpai
>>
>>63781472
I'd say his acting in movie Firewall is definitely one of my favs.
>>
>>63781560
I predict Rey will spend half of Episode 8 training with Luke so Finn won't see her much if he still has a major role in 8. I hope he does.
>>
>>63781987
what are you talking about? White men are tallest race in the world. In netherlands the average male height is 6'0. In Africa its like 5'5.
>>
>>63781861
Dude, he's friendzoned already!

>Thank you my friend
>Kiss him on the fucking FOREHEAD

Nah, I actually feel bad for him, because Pau will get by being a sexy pilot.
>>
>>63781914

>that spoiler

I missed that
>>
>>63781987
black americans are shorter on average than whites by 3/4 inch.
>>
>>63781234
fucking serious?

no he was not. he didn't even seem like he should have been in the movie, as a character, and just so incompetent. aside from issues with the character, the acting wasn't very immersive. didn't it always feel like they were trying to act on a green screen but just weren't gelling?

both he and the girl were definitely not method acting
>>
>>63781987
this tbqhfam. if you're a black man under 6'0" in the states you will be harassed every minute of every day and probably won't live to see 30.
>>
>>63781291
damn, son. dat nigga gonna butfo next year when he say he's a woman inside and gonna get a sex change
>>
>>63782302

>incompetent

And yet if he had been super stylin' mondo badass you'd be crying about that too.

>method acting

Fuck outta here shia, go pull out more teeth.
>>
>>63781987

White people are taller than all other races dude, the NBA is full of black people because they grew up thinking they couldn't get real jobs or that it was lame, yeah maybe they can jump a little higher but white dudes are the tallest on Earth
>>
>worldwide height differences:the thread

call me when the thread starts discussing religion, and by call me DON'T
>>
He was a ruse to sneak in a Mary Sue.

You beautiful sjw bastard J.J.

You mystery boxed us again!
>>
>>63781343
>autism
picked up on that too
>>
>>63781351

My money is on Poe and Finn fucking.
>>
>>63781279
Yes I did enjoy that
>>
>>63782127
>tried desperately to make an impression
>did everything and boyond for her
>risked his life to get to her
>get a forehead kiss of shame

yeah, i feel bad for him and for myself now
>>
>>63781850
how can you say Poe is the best when you did'nt even get a chance to meet him? he's just some side character. what, did you relate to him in that 15 elapsed seconds he was on screen? they can't just say he's the best pilot. and how did autistic black guy know he was the best pilot when he said almost verbatim "he's the best pilot" when he saw him (how did he know it was even him, there were like 8 x wings in the air?) shoot down one tie fighter?
>>
>>63782044

Aw fuck just made me realize 8 is just going to be a ripoff of 5 as 7 was of 4. I'm all for paying tribute to the original trilogy but I'd prefer the movie to be good in its own right.
>>
>>63781665
Where is Domhnall in the picture?

Damn, it makes me sad people think he was bad in SW. I actually liked how lunatic and bitchy he was in this.
>>
>>63782427
Ew.
Don't destroy my favorite bro pair so fast.
>>
>>63781234

It wasn't for nothing, you only think it was pretty good because /tv/ and /pol/ brought down your expectations. You're welcome by the way.
>>
>>63781987
>literally by far the tallest group of people on the planet are a group of Slavs in the Balkans
>>
>>63782321
if you a small black cock you are fucked worse tbhfam
>>
>>63782341
no, i wanted him to be a badass, or at least stay out of the way if he's gonna be Goofy

i'm used to watching stuff like homeland and game of thrones. the acting on those shows is an order of magnitude better than anyone in this entire movie excluding Carrie Fisher
>>
>>63782357
Nigger in nba took hgh probably
>>
File: justfargo.jpg (61 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
justfargo.jpg
61 KB, 560x415
>>63781234
Reminder the role of Finn was down to John Boyega or Fat Damon
>>
>>63782391
You literally can not be an actor without a bit of autism.
>>
>>63781279
Yeah he was, I think they tried a bit too hard to make him like Chris Tucker in Rush Hour though, like when he's getting in Phasma's face.

fuck, that scene shoud have never been written. it's so droll and pedantic, not even trying to stunt
>>
>>63782527
>>63782357
>>63782119
>>63782145
so much samefag jesus christ why
>>
>>63782550
Character development.

He was goofy, a coward, and a but of an asocial type, because of his upbringing.
>Asking Rey if she's got a boyfriend the way he did
God damn it Finn.

But then he slowly turns into a fighter, when he wanted to run away from the FO at first.

It's enjoyable to see him change, for the better
>>
>>63782585
i'm talking about the character, not the actor. are you one of these people, by chance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AtL4A56CKM
>>
>>63782497
General Cux was a little ginger bitch

Actually he gave a strong performance
>>
File: 1390954793653.jpg (38 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1390954793653.jpg
38 KB, 350x262
>>63782381
>don't when the thread starts discussing religion
>>
>>63782622
oh so it's going to get better in the next one, right? just like episode 2 was supposed to be better than ep1?

give me a fucking break. i'm pirating the next one, that's already decided.
>>
>>63782492
He literally watched that x wing shoot down 8 tie fighters consecutively and still have time to pop off some shots on the ground troops.
>>
>>63782622
he was a black jarjar binks. incidentally, the guy who does the voice for jarjar binks is a 6'6" black martial artist (i know the guy, he's a friend of a friend)
>>
>>63782583
I heard disney execs did want plemmons but abrams wanted a negro. I think Jesse is a much better actor too.
>>
>>63782381

I don't have Reddit's number anyways
>>
>>63782719
it's just pandering (and i'm black)
>>
>>63781822

I'm 5'7 and I've been with one girl in my life for just three months, jdimsa.
>>
Poe=Finn>BB8>Phasma>Cux>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>Kylo Edgy>>>>>>>>MaRey Sue
>>
File: download.png (7 KB, 353x81) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7 KB, 353x81
>>63782617
Cuckboi can't detect samefag or know shit about height. Why don't you get your facts straight instead of lying about whites being superior height masters dumbfuck? Then next time you wont be embarrassed so badly.
>>
>>63782622
he didn't change at all.

you must have the heart of an impressionable 16 year old or something if you actually related to this character, or any character in star wars this much.
>>
>>63782763
Post a pic of your hand with time stamp u phony
>>
An average actor could have given a better performance desu. He didn't have much competition in the movie. Rey is just shit.
>>
>>63782664
Except 2 was better than 1 you utter mongoloid.

>>63782705
Jar kar had no character développement.
>>
>>63781234
>He was actually pretty good.
Yeah, my wife and her daughter enjoyed it too.
>>
>>63781234

impressionable 16 year olds will defend this
>>
>>63782658
That's not what most think, that's the problem.
>>
>>63782894

Character development is non existent and we're treated to some of the worst examples of plot armour in recent memory. Rey is an unrealistic character even in a fantasy setting like Star Wars. Her invulnerability makes her far less engaging than she could be. Finn feels like wasted potential. His sole role as the comic relief contradicts his character in many ways and a lot of the time, JJ trades in any sense of tension for a quip from Finn. Ford and Fisher on screen together were distractingly bad. Kylo is very angsty and his obsession with Vader is like a metaphor for this movie.
>>
He was good, the writing wasn't.

The character had a lot of potential, but the main thing he did was funny quips. So much wasted potential.
>>
>>63782719
JJ was scared and knew casting a black lead would minimize criticisms and hook all the SJW losers
>>
this movie just moved from one cringe to the next
>>
alright so my inner racist was wrong
Was my inner sexist still right in thinking that rey is a bad character?
>>
File: 1446375434750.jpg (703 KB, 3840x5760) Image search: [Google]
1446375434750.jpg
703 KB, 3840x5760
>>63782541

all memes and ironic jokes aside, I kind of feel bad (not really) for the black guys with small or normal dicks

it gets really bad for them, because they make up the vast majority of black men and now every girl who actually crosses the line over to blacks think they're in for a 10+ inch surprise

i've talked to a bunch of black guys in college and /b/ and nearly all of them have no confidence with women or go for the bad rotten girls because of the stereotype

did the white man plan this elaborate ruse from the start?
>>
>>63782765
>Phasma
>Good
Fuck off, landwhale
>>
>>63781234
>Claims he is leaving The New Order because they're morally bad and killing everyone
>Has no qualms about lying, manipulating people and killing people when its convenient from him
>not a humongous hypocrite
>best character in the movie!

inb4
>racist!

Nah. Don't care about that shit. Boyega did a good job acting with what he was given. But what he was given was complete trash. Worst character in the movie by far.
>>
>>63781279
Literally the only time that crossguard was relevent in the entire movie. All for that single moment.

Still the stupidest lightsaber design to date. Utterly pointless.
>>
I'm not even a star wars fanboi, but I didnt like the movie because it was tensionless and pandered too much to the fanbase. The destruction of the new death star looked like something straight out of a shitty fanfic. The mary sue-ness of Rey didnt help it also. The acting was stilted and wooden.

So anyone that has critism of the move must be underage? or is it the opposite, where we have actual taste and real expectations besides some masturbatory fanfic disney movie?

>being autismo

>defending a bad movie just because you're a fangay
>>
>>63781426
It didn't help that they turned Han into a "goofy grandpa" type character.
>>
>>63781877
But man were those 5 lines delivered well!
>>
It really doesn't sit well with me that we're supposed to cheer for a bunch of brainwashed kids being murdered.

Also if Finn was sanitations, why was he with the group that went down to murder the settlement?
>>
>>63783580
>>>/tumblr/
>>
We really should've been focused on Daisy holy fuck she can't act.
>>
>>63783580

Because the movie makes no sense.
>>
>>63783580
Tony Soprano worked in waste management
>>
>>63783718
It didn't strike you as wierd that we were supposed to care about one guy over all the other kidnapped indoctrinated troopers? It also didnt mesh well with his jokey personality.
>>
>>63783580
Good point, why do they need the janitor to kill people
>>63783752
What are you talking about? Her acting was fine.
>>
>>63783476
He didn't seem the goofy grandps type. If anything he kept some of his smuggler's wit but he very much filled the role Obi-Wan did in a New Hope.

Which is why he died in the same fashion.
>>
>>63783905
Likely because Storm Troopers are cycled by age?

Finn is pretty young. It's likely he worked in sanitation before he was of age to get into combat. Then once he came of age was called up to fight.
>>
>tfw retards in this thread are saying "he's a good actor" and "he gave a good performance" as a blanket statement for the fact that they liked him

I love it when you fuckwits pretend to actually understand cinema. Boyega was a boil on the chin of a hideous film. He wavered between convicted and terrified depending on the circumstances and was never convincing in either position. His constant Chris Tucket/Will Smith shouting over every action piece was hilariously stereotypical for a performer in acting as a part of a so-called "progressive" cast.
>>
>>63783988
That's a fair explanation, at least enough for me to be able to ignore it, like how a buddy of mine was wondering how Finn had halfway decent skills with a saber. being a soldier from birth it's likely he had some kind of close combat training.
>>
>>63783945
>He didn't seem the goofy grandps type. If anything he kept some of his smuggler's wit

Right, which is why he just kind of bumbled around the whole movie, was utterly incompetent (couldn't even fix HIS ship) and was all around a jokey character.

>Which is why he died in the same fashion.

Literally: wat.

How is his death -anything- like Obi Wan's? Obi Wan challenged Vader, provoking him and saying that it was hopeless for Vader to even attempt to defeat him.

Han was literally doing the exact opposite, trying to eschue any violence and bring "Ben" back to the light side.

Other than, you know, dying, the two scenes have literally nothing in common.
>>
>>63784066
I hated the character and still think Boyega's acting was good. He did the best he could with a shittily written character. There was very clearly some real effort on the part of the actor to fully realize the character. Mission accomplished.

The character he realized was ass though.
>>
>>63784066
>I love it when you fuckwits pretend to actually understand cinema.

Watch out 4chan, we got a bonafide film critic in the thread!
>>
>>63782622
His character arc was the best thing about the movie.
>>
>>63781234
Out of the new characters in this movie this guy has to be my favorite so far. He is the only one who shows some growth and emotional conflict.

Rey is bland by comparison even despite her lonely establishing shots.

Mostly because Finn is allowed to be bad at stuff. He isn't the best fighter, or a pilot, and still when it comes time to face the badguy, Fin gets up and gives it his best finally finding something worth fighting for.
>>
>>63784148
Well said. Plenty of people gave suggested that it was refreshing to see Solo back to his bachelor ways, running amok.

The movie portrays the opposite. When we encounter Solo he has a broken family, a lover he has abandoned and a son he had failed raise.

He owes money right around the galaxy and is unable to even contain the exotic aliens he supposedly smuggled. He jobs from set to set in an unconvincing shuffle and is saved multiple times by Rey and Fin. He is also without his iconic Millenium Falcon - the key to his entirety.

Why would you introduce a character as a mentor with experience if you're only going to have them bailed out of trouble by the inexperienced characters?

What mentoring did Solo offer in the end? He confirmed the "legends are true" and was executed without a fight.

Total character assassination from JJ.
>>
>>63784269
What arc? His character kept going back and forth and he ended the movie as a good guy like when he started.
>>
>>63784066
This was star wars for the capeshit crowd mate
Don't be too surprised
>>
>>63783580
Because people still need to get paid. That was his first fight which implies he didn't have one prior. What do you reckon he'd been doing that entire time?
>>
File: 1448681000711.jpg (60 KB, 254x272) Image search: [Google]
1448681000711.jpg
60 KB, 254x272
>>63784066
>I love it when you fuckwits pretend to actually understand cinema.
>>
>>63784186
You're literally the embodiment of my post. You just parrot the idea of "he did his best with a bad script" but you've never even read the screenplay and probably couldn't quote a single instance in which he played a bad line effectively.
>>
>>63784148
>Killed by the main antagonist in sight of the protag, losing the one they considered their guardian and mentor (before you question this it's clearly fucking stated Rey thinks of him as her father) in a fashion in which they don't defend themselves and aren't even angry about.

Hm no similarities here.
>>
>>63784269
Sorry what arc was that exactly? The one where he was a good guy with a conscious from the opening seconds of the film, and ended the movie as an injured hero who sacrificed himself in the face of evil and terror?

Wow what an arc! Such a transformation!
>>
>>63781234
his fight with ren was better than rey's. Rey's fight felt so weak in comparison
>>
>>63784346
>dude just shut off your brain!
>the actors were good and camera work was cool
>there's nothing wrong with a popcorn flick every now and then!
>>
I didn't like his acting at all
>>
>>63784500
>nothing wrong with a popcorn flick now and then

This is objectively true
>>
no he wasnt, and the movie sucked
>>
>>63784346
Ew
https://4ch.be/_/search/filename/1448681000711/
>>
>So what did you do as a stormtrooper?
>I was a cleaner
> --- ?
> then how do you know how to unlock the shields?
> I don't I just want to save Rey
> ...
> THERE ARE PEOPLE COUNTING ON US etcetc
> cmon man.... We can use the force

BEST PART
>>
>>63784551
>that's not how the force works

Lel
>>
literally useless: the character
>>
>>63784537
I used to feel that way but I don't anymore. You can only see half the picture from your perspective.

Watch better movies, be a better audience.
>>
>>63784580

Oh YOU'RE cold?!
>>
File: 1443446788296.gif (2 MB, 297x300) Image search: [Google]
1443446788296.gif
2 MB, 297x300
>mfw Boyega is british
I've already forgotten, he didn't have a british accent in the movie, right?
>>
>>63784066
Oh look, a pretentious cunt.
>>
>>63782550
>i'm used to watching stuff like homeland and game of thrones. the acting on those shows is an order of magnitude better than anyone in this entire movie

>Emilia acts better than anyone in this

opinion fucking invalidated, also

>Homeland and goT

fucking normie scum
>>
>>63781234
>trained from childhood to be a trained killer without remorse, individual thought, or character
>is a stereotypical sassy enigmatic black man who makes quips non-stop

why
>>
>>63784314
Starting as a shit fighter that is agraid of even thinking of fighting the NO, and ending as a guy who decides to stand up and fight probably the worst opponent he could be given with the weapons he had at disposition.

He's finding friends, family, and a cause to fight for.

I say that's a quite good development.
>>
>>63785122
Nah, not at all.

Rey did though.
>>
What's the consensus? Will he hook up with Rey or not?
>>
>>63785328
Nah. I wish he did but look at what we have:

>D-do you have a boyfriend?
God damn it Finn.

>Thank you my Friend
>Kisses him on the fucking FOREHEAD, that ain't even the cheek!

Poe's gonna get her. I wouldn't be surprised if that created sole friction but Finn is too much of a nice guy. Both boys are bros already, and I like that.
>>
>>63785446
There is no way jj is going to pair up the white people and not make it interracial.
>>
>>63785204
He wasn't enigmatic at all. he was like a dorky wannabe Han.
>>
>>63785328
Nope, because Rey will be a jedi and it's not allowed for them.
>>
>>63785446
It's the set up so later on she'll realize she's really attracted to him, if they get together from the start it's not exciting.
>>
>>63781313
>I don't know who you are or where you came from, but from now on you do as I say. Okay?

Idk that's at least as stronk female as "stop holding my hand"
>>
>>63784303
>refreshing to see Solo back to his bachelor ways

We have literally never seen him not be a bachelor in a movie. He and Leia -start- their relationship at the very end of RotJ, but that's about it.
>>
>>63785544
enigmatic was the wrong word sorry

i just meant he was full of character when he was meant to be a brainwashed soldier without a personality.

Where did he learn to be such a stereo typical black if he was abducted at a young age and brainwashed to kill without remorse and be pretty much a brainless drone?
>>
>>63784428
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>63784428
>the scene has some vague similarities
>EXACT SAME IDEA
>>
>>63781234
WE WUZ JEDI AND SHEEIT NIGGA
*smacks nuffins together"
>>
>>63781234
Did anyone notice that Fin was the only character in the movie to actually have a character arc?
>Be stormtrooper rank and file
>Wig out and go AWOL after seeing some shit
>Just want to run as far away from the first order as possible
>Get caught up with shenanigans
>Pretend to be rebel to help you
>Begrudgingly be forced to help
>Rey gets kidnapped
>Decide to go save her because nobody else cares
>Sacrifice yourself fighting against Kylo in a fight you know you can't win.

What did Rey have?
>I want to live in this trash pile until daddy comes back
>Oh I guess he isn't coming back since this alien lady told me so
>I don't want to touch the lightsaber!
>Okay I guess I should
>>
>>63785961
That's why everyone likes him Anon.
>>
>>63782611
Why? I liked that scene seemed very Finn
>>
>>63783580
>Also if Finn was sanitations, why was he with the group that went down to murder the settlement?
I think he worked in sanitation when he worked in that facility but he no longer worked there in the beginning of the movie.
>>
>>63781345
LOL! Anon on 4chan feels sorry for a guy who is now a star of one of the biggest if not the biggest move franchises in the world.
>>
>>63785574
>later on she'll realize she's really attracted to him

please no
>>
Hey did you guys see that star wars movie
Aw what's the one uh
The one where

>Important person gives important thing to droid
>Droid goes into the desert to find a desert person who's never not known the desert
>Droid takes desert person and guest on space adventure in the Millenium Falcon
>There's a giant ball that blows up planets
>We gotta blow up the giant ball that blows up planets
>They fly a spaceship into a small corridor in order to blow up the giant ball
Man I liked that movie. Good thing I just went to the theater to see it AGAIN.

Say what you want about the prequel trilogy, at least the prequels were something new. This movie was so far from new and groundbreaking it hurts.
>>
>>63781291
I would like more pictures of this bottom heavy nigga.
>>
>>63785961
I would argue that Rey's story arc is more than that. It's an acceptance of fate.
She built herself a prison, and placed her parents as the jailers. She is incapable of moving on becaus she doesn't want to move on. She is afraid of life outside, the exact opposite of Luke, who wanted to go but couldn't because his parents actually DID prevent him from leaving. Accepting the lightsaber is accepting herself as being a person. She is no longer just someone who need to survive and has no hobbies or desires outside her parents. The lightsaber is her becoming an individual.
>>
>droid please
He was alright, I enjoyed him more than I thought I would based off the trailers but he had some terrible moments.
>>
>>63787301
Yes, jesus christ this movie was just a reboot. It was nothing but action, jokes, and "hey, remember this?" The only two good characters were Finn and Poe Dameron, who coincidentally were not in the originals.
>>
>>63788055
Also known as overanalyzing it.
>>
People actually like this negroid?

Christ, this is going to be another man of steel were retards praise it, until a few months later when everyone realizes how bad it really was.

The multicult propaganda is working.
>>
>>63788337
Films are meant to be overanalyzed. People spend millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to make these things. Every detail is put in place for a reason. Rey has nothing in her house that isn't functional, she has no personality. she's just day to day and really twitchy. And so, she doesn't really want to accept the responsibility of existance or making meaningful choices. She just sits around and waits and would have stayed there until she died if the droid hadn't shown up. She doesn't have any friends or associates either. The lightsaber is painful both because it gave her these freaky visions but also because it represents taking control of her life and fate. By taking it she is asserting her will and no longer is just to be tossed about like floatsam in the galactic stream.
>>
>>63785997
No, redditor. The stink of multicult casting can not be washed.
>>
>>63788487
>Waaah he's bad because he's black

Fuck off. He wasn't a muh special snowflake nor was he a dindu. There was no

>SMACK LIPS
>HOL UP
>NAH SON I AIN'T BOUT DAT

He was actually one of the few grounded and relatable characters in the movie. Especially next to Rey who was Mary Sue as fuck.
>>
>>63788504
BRAVO JJ

B

R

A

V

O

J

J
>>
>>63783348
Didn't he use the crossguard to kill Han? because the crossguard was right in his chest.
>>
>>63782427
Go back to yaoi, scum.
>>
>>63784104
He didn't though, he got fucked up by a Stormtrooper.
>>
File: 1450289958106.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1450289958106.webm
3 MB, 640x360
I liked this part the most
>>
>>63785741
Damn you TOLD his ass!
>>63785768
>vague similarities
Really now?

Actually it's the whole movie, everyone I know who watched it came out of it thinking ''wasn't that literally just the first Star Wars again''?
>>
>>63783033
>>63782719
Pretty sure he publicly said that he complained about the initial crew being ''so fucking white'' and thus why they got a few blacks here and there.
>>
>>63788337
You fucking idiot. That is not over analyzing it at all. The movie clearly spells it out. How can you deny it? Rey is alone, waiting for her family. She clearly does not want to leave but hopes for their return. When she begins to adventure with Han and Finn, she even decides to go back at one point. Then she sees that force shit or whatever, however silly that may be irrelevant as it fits the plot role for her character. She gets told what she always feared: her parents are not coming back. She fucking cries, clearly upset about it. So then what she just becomes overwhelmed with everything and realizes she cares and wants to help, and just does it... because? That's being willfully ignorant. Just because she had flaws does not mean she didn't have an arc. Her story had parallels with Luke's, and it's fitting she made the choice to fight and stand up finally.
>>
File: boyango.jpg (76 KB, 930x788) Image search: [Google]
boyango.jpg
76 KB, 930x788
>>63781291
>>
>>63788576
Yes there was. He was popping off when they capped phasma and chatting shit at other parts.
>>
>>63788844
A stormtrooper with clearly more experience using that tonfa thing. And he was able to hold his own for a little bit. He isnt completely incompetent that's for sure.
>>
>>63785841

>tfw girls were drooling over finn

>tfw no girl will ever love a socially unacceptable disgusting pleb like you

Your life is in full JUST mode right now
>>
>>63781234

Not a great but the best character of the movie.
Search your feelings, you know it.
>>
>>63781426

An actor who dont want to act, like poetry.
>>
File: 1417192609585.jpg (74 KB, 703x489) Image search: [Google]
1417192609585.jpg
74 KB, 703x489
remember when Finn was announced?
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.