[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck are there still "uncharted star systems"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (880 KB, 2400x1621) Image search: [Google]
file.png
880 KB, 2400x1621
how the fuck are there still "uncharted star systems"?

they have fucking light speed intergalactic travel

there's nobody in a nearby galaxy who would be able to look at their map part and tell them where that's at?
>>
>>63780792
this man gets it
>>
>>63780792
>they have fucking light speed intergalactic travel
I don't think you realize just how big space is. The Milky Way has a diameter of 100,000 light years. That means that it would take 100,000 years to go that distance at light speed.
>>
>>63780876
And galaxies can get much, much bigger. IC 1101 has a diameter of 6 million light years.
>>
>>63780958

How far do galaxies go in the y axis?
>>
>>63780792
You think it's a good idea to just go FTL in uncharted systems? What happens if you run into an asteroid field or a planet?
>>
>>63780792
was that fucking coruscant they blew up?
is jew jew serious?
are you telling me the republic had no standing army?
AGAIN?
>>
>>63780989
Our disk is around 1,000 light years thick.
>>
>>63780990

Wouldn't you be fucked if you hit any space dust when travelling ftl? And surely you can't map every bit of dust and rock.
>>
>>63781148
Maybe their shields take care of that? Who knows really, it's science fiction.
>>
>>63781077
>are you telling me the republic had no standing army?

they mention the republic fleet several times
>>
>>63781195
and then they blow up the republic and its nowhere to be found lol.
why did the resistance only have like 10 x wings?
where are their corvettes
>>
>>63781077
>>63780792
DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF
>>
>>63780876
when you reach light speed(which is impossible unless you have no mass) from your point of view, it takes an instant to reach to the other end of hte galaxy, while those who aren't going at light speed will percieve that as 100.000 years.
The whole light speed travel thing is extremely flawed in the first place.
>>
>>63780792

Okay let me tell you the ways you are retarded.

1: Charting every star and planet in just ONE galaxy is the same thing as trying to chart every random rock on Earth.

2: They don't have intergalactic travel, all of Star Wars happens in ONE galaxy far far away. Intergalactic travel is extremely rare in fiction, even the most ignorant writers realize the scale is just too fucking big. There is no such thing as a "nearby galaxy".

3: They don't have light speed travel either, they move through hyperspace, essentially wormholes. Even at light speed it takes thousands of years to get anywhere.
>>
>>63780876
Fuck you. Even if they didn't go and explore them, they wouldn't have a HUGE FUCKING CHUNK OF THE MAP missing. It just wouldn't be filled in as thick as the others. It's not like there's a huge perfectly squared off section of the galaxy completely invisible to the rest of it.
>>
>>63782243
have you seen a single star wars movie?
just curious pham.
>>
>>63782331
>It just wouldn't be filled in as thick as the others.

That's your own problem man
>>
They need to go beyond the galaxy imo.
>>
>>63782331
I think you misunderstand what happened. R2 had one piece of the map and the old guy had another.

R2's included known areas as reference points so that the general area could be found, however, it did not contain the exact planet/moon/whatever that Luke was on in case someone found it. The other piece had the specific location, but without any reference points, no one would know where in the galaxy to look for that specific planet.

Is this really so hard to understand?
>>
>>63782384
There's the argument of time dilation (as seen in Albert einsteins research) where approaching the speed of light slows time around you, also planets of different masses will have you experience different time lapses, etc.

I'm just waiting for them to incorporate a zero gravity light saber duel and also incorporate something with regards to a black hole.
>>
>>63782593
lol that's way too complex for cuck wars
>>
>>63782384

Do try to tell me what's wrong with my post anon, you'll quickly find yourself at a loss.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.