[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>millions of words of plot speculation, get hype bullshit,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Girls.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490 KB, 449x401
>millions of words of plot speculation, get hype bullshit, fan theories and autismal line by line analyses of every interview given about the film from the latte boy to the director
>hundreds of hours of hysterical shrieking trailer reactions, trailer reviews, frame by frame breakdowns, stilted round-table discussions manned by fat nerds and the one token Star Wars "fangirl" who could cut the sexual tension in the room with a butter knife
>hundreds of man hours lost because of all the fanboys waiting until past midnight for the release of a 2 minutes of footage expertly assembled by a marketing team that can play its fanbase's emotional reactions like a harp
>all for 2 hours of admittedly entertaining pew pew shit and WE HAVE TO DESTROY THE OSCILLATORS video game tier garbage
>nerds literally crying talking about how they've waited 20 years for 120 minutes of film like they saw family relatives off to war or something

Are you faggots for real with this shit?
>>
>>63780156
white people don't have any culture so they attach themselves to movies
>>
>>63780175
Nerds are literally nigger-tier
>>
>>63780175
movies are our culture
>>
I like getting swept up in the hype and seeing movies like this with a fun crowd and all but I stopped the whole "my life revolves around an eagerly anticipated consumer product" thing when I was fucking 15.
>>
>>63780175
>white people don't have any culture
I think you mean americans.
>>
Movie franchises are this age's shared mythologies
>>
>>63780156
>admittedly entertaining

hello reddit
>>
>>63780304
So, last year
>>
>>63780731
are you seriously this deluded? fuck... that sounds like something that pseudo intellectual 'philosopher' zizek would say
>>
>>63782666
why wouldn't they be though?
>>
>>63780156
This I why I don't watch trailers or read/watch any of the hype anymore. I went into this knowing almost nothing about the movie, and I thoroughly enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>63782666
lol you're shitting me right
>>
>>63782737
A movie is a consumer product manufactured through a corporation run by neurotic jews designed specifically to make people buy an array of bullshit products and ideas. If you think this qualifies as shared mythology, I don't have anything else to say, really.
>>
>>63782967
if you think zizek has anything to say you REALLY should go read ANY book.
>>
>>63780593
Americans have established world culture since like the fucking 50's what are you talking about
>>
>>63782973
Yeah no shit genius, that's why it's so sad that the only time we can lose ourselves in a mythic narrative anymore as a culture is in corporate products expertly engineered to do just that
>>
>>63780175
That's just americans.
>>
>>63781671
>having strong opinions either way

Ya dun goofed
>>
>>63783048
60 years of pop-culture. Ok.
>>
>>63780156
>hundreds of hours of hysterical shrieking trailer reactions
>nerds literally crying

I have to cover my ears when I see those videos because I feel so fucking embarrassed. How do these people get through their day to day lives?
>>
>>63783048
That's the jews and because they have a monopoly on media outlets. American culture is long dead.
>>
>>63780156
If you care about escape flicks beyond a basic interest in spectacle between one trailer and watching the flick itself you're probably an adult child and a massive faggot. People cumming themselves over 2 minutes of footage, waiting hours in line to spend money on children's toys, buying into the zeitgeist like it's the literal second coming. And for what? 120 minutes of an okay fantasy flick that adds nothing to our lives, the McDonald's of art. We used to be religious, now we're just retarded.
>>
>>63780175
>white people
You mean North America?
>>
>>63784049
OP here. Pretty much this family
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.