[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people who legitimately think Han Solo is dead Let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: kylo-ren-top-161324.jpg (119 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-top-161324.jpg
119 KB, 655x380
There are people who legitimately think Han Solo is dead

Let's review the facts

Got stabbed in the stomach, not the heart or head
Was still alive after Kylo turns his sword off,touched his sons face
Never see his dead body, just watch him fall into a pit
Canonically speaking both Darth Maul and Luke have survived being wounded by a light saber and falling into a giant pit
Harrison Ford has signed on for Episode VIII
Leia seems less upset than she should be and maybe appears to be reaching out to keep Han alive through the force
>>
He fell into the nothingness that existed inside Starkiller base, which got blown the fuck up. So even if he did survive a billion foot fall with no clear end, he got blown to shit.

He's dead.
>>
>>63778967
>lightsabre cooks everything inside his abdomen
>he'll be fine lmao
>>
You really think Disney is going to pass up the opportunity to sell episode VIII and IX versions of the action figures?
>>
>>63778967
the planet he was on incinerated 10 minutes later
>>
>>63778967
>Canonically speaking both Darth Maul and Luke have survived being wounded by a light saber and falling into a giant pit
>Darth Maul's alive
what? I thought that was only on the comics
>>
>>63778967
of course it's entire possible that they'll come up with contrived reason how he survived.
but i don't really think they would do this.
>>
>>63779116

He's in the shows, including the new Disney Rebel's series
>>
>>63778967
anyone else find it weird that rey had such a big reaction after seeing han die after only knowing him for what seemed like 4 hours? they barely even spoke.
>>
>Harrison Ford has signed on for Episode VIII

????????
>>
>>63778967
Didn't Harrison Ford tell about Han Solo's death a long time ago on an interview and if I remember correctly, he wanted it. So I'm pretty sure Solo was killed of because Ford wanted out.
>>
I didn't know that about Darth Maul. EU writing sucks, lol. I doubt they'll be so shameless in writing the movies. Killing someone for dramatic effect and then later contriving some ridiculous reason that they really survived is a really cheap trick. Straight up soap opera tier. Lucas might have gone in for that sort of thing, but, whether or not you thin they're doing a good job so far, Disney does seem to be taking this seriously.
>>
That hole he fell into exploded a few minutes later.
What's more than that Leia felt him die.
>>
>>63779168
People get attached in less time than that.

During that California shooting, this dude just tabbed the fuck out of a lady as she was panicking, held her tight, and told her she'd be okay before he got shot the fuck up. She survived, but that's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a husband or father, not a stranger. And naturally she was crying and shit during interviews
>>
>>63779221

Probably a Kylo Ren flashback to his childhood or something.
>>
>>63779275
Disney doesn't have to take it seriously. Star Wars is one of, if not THE most consistently popular fictional settings ever. Stupid casual normies will eat up any movie or easy to digest piece of media Disney throws out, so long as its the same fucking thing over and over.

Disney will make the 4 billion they spent on this franchise in a couple of years. Hell, they might have already off merch for this movie alone.
>>
I can see it happening. Everything is possible in a franchise for insane idiots
>>
File: 1444441885377.png (9 KB, 331x331) Image search: [Google]
1444441885377.png
9 KB, 331x331
>>63778967

>>
>>63779116
>>63779141
Fact: Darth Maul and his brother are both killed by Sheev.

None of this shit is canon though so who cares.
>>
>>63779221
Not OP but I remember seeing a casting call for episode 8 online that said "join returning stars Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Adam Driver" etc

Might have just been a standard letter from episode 7 but still
>>
Honestly the biggest reason solo might still be alive is to spite the inevitable flood of spoilers that everyone was expecting.
>>
>>63779116
No. He came back in the canon Clone Wars series and then appeared in his own comic series which is part of the new canon.

Most recently, Leia sensed his presence on Naboo in the new comics set between VI and VII, though it's not clearl if it means he's still alive.
>>
>>63779528
>Darth Maul is killed
No
>None of this is canon
Yes it is retard.

>Hurr implying anything but the movies are canon
Disney says Rebels and Clone Wars are canon. Bitch all you want but that's their stance.
>>
>>63779035
Maul survived getting sliced in half.
>>
>>63779711
Yeah, that didn't make into the movies either. I know it's technically canon, but these silly things usually go to the cartoons. I don't think they're gonna do it with Han.
>>
>>63779629
This. Solo's death was so expected that actually the biggest twist will be him returning in next installment.

Or we just hang on any small parts of hope left and we should just let Han go.
>>
I thought Adam Driver was only signed on for Episode VII
>>
>>63779319
Speaking of which, why did Leia never learn how to use the Force at least a little bit? Seems weird IMO.
>>
>>63778967
the desperation to drag something worthwhile out of the schlock is rank
>>
>>63778967

>it would have been a giveaway if he hadn't
>flashback scenes
>death scene was written in after he had signed because Kasdan wasn't satisfied with just divorcing Han and Leia and worried the next writer would reunite them

Take your pick.
>>
>>63779467
>Stupid casual normies will eat up any movie or easy to digest piece of media
Tell that to the prequel trilogy. It may not be as universally hated among the general population as it is among nerds, but feelings are mixed at best.
>>
>>63779057
Are those the ones with a hole in it?
>>
>>63779645
And he dies in 7. After the time between 6 and 7 dumbass. Do you even count?
>>
>>63778967
his curly hair coming out of that helmet looks fucking ridiculous
>>
>>63778967
he didn't fly so good
>>
File: 1316036850486.gif (200 KB, 296x432) Image search: [Google]
1316036850486.gif
200 KB, 296x432
He's definitely dead because Harrison Ford wanted Han Solo to die in Return of the Jedi, never wanted to be in another Star Wars unless it was for a truckload of $$, was on record as saying it was a shame Alec Guinness is most remembered for being in such a silly movie, and had a strong aversion for Star Wars fans and Han Solo questions from the mid 80s until about the mid to late 90s, and there's absolutely no way he would book his shooting schedule up for the next 6-8 years with Star Wars sequels at the age of 73.

Source: every interview about star wars he's done before this current PR run, where he mostly admits he was wrong to hate the original scripts so much
>>
>>63779168
remember what kylo said? he read her mind and understood that rey (seeking a family) clinged onto to han right away since they were essentially both smugglers and knew their way around ships and shit. she could have been his human chewbacca.
>>
>>63781019
As soon as I saw the he seemed genuinely happy about this film in his interviews, I knew that he was going to die. It's what he always wanted for the character and for his own career.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.