[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spoil the whole movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
Spoil the whole movie
>>
IV
>>
watch ANH
>>
everyone turns into a nigger
>>
>>63777724
The story of a new hope
>>
File: 1450432804758.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
1450432804758.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
Chewbacca is trained to use the force
>>
It's Episode 4, but bigger.
>>
File: 1450424750973.jpg (203 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450424750973.jpg
203 KB, 699x1211
>>63777724
>>
>>63777790
Dies next film
>>
>>63777863
yeah sure
>>
>>63777738
>>63777748
>>63777784
>>63777821
So it really is a rehash of ep iv, just with switched roles.

then how is the rey related to luke or the main villain
>>
>>63777953
The only difference is that rey pull "the force" out of her ass and beat the sith on the first try of lightsaber duel.
>>
>>63777953
Rey is cousins with Kylo, meaning Rey is Luke's daughter.
>>
>>63778022
Kylo was injured. He probably would have rekt her at full strength.
>>
2 questions

1. Does Kylo Ren die?
2. What accent does Rey have? British or American?
>>
>>63778053
Stupid Chewie the stupid faggot, getting mad about his friend dying.
>>
>>63778060
Kylo lives. Rey is British, same with Finn.
>>
>>63778060
1. No
2. East London chav
>>
>>63778040
is han's death left as a cliffhanger?
>>
>>63777724
Here's the greatest spoiler of them all:

it sucked balls, is unimaginative, and is just a re-telling of the original SW movie
>>
>>63778060
Kylo does not die.

He has a space accent.
>>
>>63777724
We cant. We have already done that years ago. And Han Solo died.
>>
File: 1397411023926.png (3 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1397411023926.png
3 KB, 210x230
>>63777821
Although many of the scenes were great, this picture unfortunately sums up this movie.

Am I allowed to be disappointed of this? Or is this generally accepted? I mean is it too much to ask for a compelling storyline that hasn't already happened?
>>
File: 1449713968704.jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449713968704.jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>63778094
>2. East London chav
>>
>>63778097
No, he most definitely is dead.
>>
>>63778121
SFP
>>
>>63778022
and the antagonist is a lot more flawed than in ANH. And the mentor characters have a heavier hand. and the villain army isn't infinitely more powerful than the good guy army. And ANH was split into two dudes in this one

though the general plot points are alarmingly similar, and clearly signaled with unambiguous visual cues.
>>
Watching for cinematography more than story telling.

For the ones who have seen the movies. How does it rate on cinematography?
>>
>>63778155

>And ANH was split into two dudes in this one

That's kinda hot.
>>
>>63778118
>Am I allowed to be disappointed of this?

you're allowed to be disappointed, but unless you stop paying for Star Wars-related things you are tacitly acknowledging the irrelevance of your own emotional response
>>
File: 1324889224801.jpg (24 KB, 640x576) Image search: [Google]
1324889224801.jpg
24 KB, 640x576
>>63778053
>Chewbacca only shoots once
>Chewie doesn't go "Los Angeles cop" and keep firing until unloaded and the guy he's shooting at is Swiss cheese that's not getting back up
>>
Your cousin is the villain, you either have to kill your cousin or nuke Hoth.
>>
Question
Why is Kylo bad? Is "I want to be like vader" the only excuse they can pull out? Because it's a weak and pathetic excuse, same with being controlled my general CGI
>>
>>63778241
Well meme'd
>>
>>63778178
sorry i meant ANH han, kek

>even hotter
>>
>>63778241
Can i do both ?
>>
>>63778287
Hes trying to be like his evil master and following the dark side. It gives him power like how Anakin killed all the younglings in ep 3 and it changed him.
>>
>>63778287
He was seduced into the Dark Side.
>>
File: head.jpg (12 KB, 450x268) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
12 KB, 450x268
>>63778287
Well look at Akanin's motivation:
Palpatine: "I ARE TEH EVIL AN' SHEEE-IT"
Anakin: "YOU ARE TEH EVIL AN' SHEEE-IT"
Palpatine: "I CAN TEACH YOU SOME COOL STUFF AN' SHEEE-IT"
Anakin: "I ARE TEH DARTH VADER AND WILL FOLLOW YOU AND WILL KILL YOUNGLINGS BECAUSE FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THEY'RE TEH EVIL!"
>>
>>63777724
You asked for this.

1/2

Approximately thirty years after the destruction of the second Death Star, Luke Skywalker, the last surviving Jedi, has disappeared. Both the First Order, a successor to the fallen Galactic Empire, and the Resistance, a military force backed by the Republic and led by Luke's twin sister, General Leia Organa, scour the galaxy in an attempt to find him.

In a village on the planet Jakku, Resistance pilot Poe Dameron meets with village elder Lor San Tekka to obtain a map with coordinates to Luke's location. Stormtroopers under the command of the mysterious Kylo Ren infiltrate and destroy the village before capturing Poe. His droid, BB-8, escapes with the map hidden in his memory and comes across a scavenger named Rey at a junkyard settlement.

After Ren uses the Force on Poe to learn about BB-8, Stormtrooper FN-2187 defects and helps Poe escape. Their stolen TIE fighter crashes on Jakku, and the stormtrooper, dubbed "Finn" by Dameron, appears to be the only survivor. He encounters Rey and BB-8, and says that he is part of the Resistance. The First Order tracks Finn to the settlement and launches an airstrike, forcing Rey, Finn, and BB-8 to steal a run-down ship, the Millennium Falcon, and flee the planet.
>>
>>63778622

2/3, first was supposed to be 1/3 lol.

The Falcon breaks down and leaves them stranded, and they are soon found by Han Solo and Chewbacca. Han explains that Luke tried to rebuild the Jedi Order following the Battle of Endor, but an apprentice of his turned to the dark side and became Kylo Ren, destroying all that Luke had built. Rumored to have gone searching for the lost first Jedi temple, Luke disappeared. At Starkiller Base, a planet converted into a superweapon capable of destroying entire star systems, Ren learns from Supreme Leader Snoke that to overcome the call of the light side, Ren must kill his father, Han Solo. The Falcon crew arrive at the planet Takodana and meet Maz Kanata, who can help BB-8 reach the Resistance, but Finn decides he'd rather flee on his own. Rey ventures into a vault and finds Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber. She receives a mysterious vision and recoils in horror, rejecting Maz's attempt to give her the lightsaber. Finn takes it for safekeeping.

The First Order, tipped off to BB-8's presence, attacks Takodana. Meanwhile, Starkiller Base destroys the Republic-controlled Hosnian star system and its main planet, Hosnian Prime. Han, Chewbacca, and Finn battle the First Order with help from a squadron of Resistance X-wing fighters led by Poe, who survived the crash on Jakku. Rey, however, is captured by Ren and taken to Starkiller Base. Ren attempts to force the map from Rey's mind, but she resists him, and later escapes her cell with a Jedi mind trick. Han is reunited with Leia when he, Chewbacca, and Finn are brought to the Resistance base on D'Qar. BB-8 encounters the droid R2-D2, who has been dormant since Luke's disappearance.
>>
>>63778645

3/3

Starkiller Base prepares to fire on D'Qar, and the Resistance devises a plan to sneak onto the surface and lower the planetary shields so the fighters can attack the superweapon's weak spot. Using the Falcon, Han, Chewbacca, and Finn infiltrate the base, lower the shields, and reunite with Rey. However, the X-wing fleet cannot penetrate the weapon, so Han and Chewbacca use explosives to create an opening. Ren arrives to stop them. Han confronts Ren, addressing him by his birth name, Ben, and implores him to abandon the dark side. Ren kills Han, whose body falls into the reactor shaft below. The X-wings damage the weapon, starting a chain reaction that ultimately destroys Starkiller Base.

Ren chases Finn and Rey onto the surface, where Finn tries to fight him using Anakin's lightsaber. When Finn is wounded, Rey takes the lightsaber and fights Ren, eventually overpowering him with the Force and severely wounding him. She then boards the Falcon along with Finn and Chewbacca, managing to leave the planet as it explodes. Snoke orders Hux to evacuate the base and bring the fallen Ren to him before they are killed in the explosion. On D'Qar, the Resistance celebrates their victory while Leia, Chewbacca, and Rey mourn Han's death. R2-D2 suddenly awakens and reveals the other half of the map. With R2-D2 and Chewbacca in tow, Rey follows the map to an island on an ocean of a distant planet, where she finds Luke and presents him with her father's lightsaber.

The fucking end.
>>
>>63778622
>>63778671

This sounds so bland, holy shit.
>>
I honestly really enjoyed it senpai.

Only bad part is it wont spawn as many memes as the prequels...
>>
>>63778812
That's Star Wars for you.
>>
>>63778131
Darth Maul didn't stay dead
>>
weak emotional investment in new characters
strong physical wanking of old characters
pretty fucking lame
>>
>>63778937
Darth Maul isn't human and 73 years old.
>>
>>63778937
And neither did Boba Fett.

Lucas DID respond to fanboy bullshit to the point to where he cheapened many things.
>>
>>63778622
>>63778645
>>63778671

Thanks anon.

I lost my shit when his real name is Ben kek
>>
>>63778671
I'm a little confused which was the planet that exploded D'Qar?
>>
>>63779190
Some new planet that has no prior significance. You just need to know it's the capital of the new republic.
>>
>>63779190
D'Qar is the planet the Resistance is stationed on. The Starkiller is also considered a planet because of it's size, and was going to destroy D'Qar but was stopped before it could.
>>
>>63777724
Luke's father is Darth Vader...
>>
Wait so the black guy isn't the main protagonist, it's the girl? Someone please tell me this isn't true
>>
>>63779246
It's true pham. The girl is the hero of the trilogy.
>>
>>63779246
Most the screen time is Rey, Finn, Han, Chewy and BB-8. Poe is an important character too.
>>
>>63779231
No, no... That's not true, that's impossible!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
>>
>>63779266
Fuck. I have such a bitterness towards women so this trilogy is completely ruined for me (and I'm sure others like me as well).

Is Rey or whatever her name is any good or likeable? I don't hate all female protagonists, just most of them are shit.
>>
>>63779357
>Fuck. I have such a bitterness towards women so my life is completely ruined for me (and I'm sure others like me as well).
>>
>>63779357
She's not bad, and is likable enough, but she manages to control the force VERY quickly. I'm talking from not even knowing it actually existed to being able to resist and reverse the force of Kylo fucking Ren.
>>
>>63779231
>>
>>63779215
>>63779229
Oh, okay.
>>
Phasma isn't dead, they'll just make her the Bobba Fett of this trilogy: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-ca-hc-the-women-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens-20151206-htmlstory.html
>>
>>63779717
But you won't see Phasma tapping out after being carelessly knocked into a sarlacc pit like a wobbly toddler. Kennedy has big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie. "She's an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word."

Phasma, or the Chrometrooper as fans have dubbed her because of the custom silver armor she wears as a sign of her authority, commands the Stormtroopers of the First Order. But it wasn't talk of villains that intrigued Christie, rather Kennedy's thoughts on the status of female heroes.
>>
>>63779404
I took it as him not being going against a force user in a long time and Luke helping her because ren mentions that she sees the island in her dreams. Probably is his daughter he left on mall I because he wanted to distance himself from the force or hide her
>>
>>63777821
YEP this it, iam not rly hyped for VII episod, cuz I know what will happen,
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.