[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this gonna be a meme horror flick like It Follows and The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: jIvtapv.jpg (74 KB, 540x800) Image search: [Google]
jIvtapv.jpg
74 KB, 540x800
Is this gonna be a meme horror flick like It Follows and The babadook, or will it actually be good?
>>
File: EKBe7bG.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
EKBe7bG.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>63777710
The trailer looks like theres some fuckery going on like the Babadook.
Notice the thing at the very end of the trailer. Its just an old man, but they want you to think its the dessicated, creepy body of a witch.
This makes me think the father kills his family and goes out to live in the woods, and that the 'witch' is just something bad in the water, or the son or fathers mental problems.

It looks nice visually, but I don't have high hopes for it.
>>
is babadook on the same level of entertaining as it follows?
>>
>>63777710
watchinf it for ralph ineson
>>
>>63778007
No.
It Follows has some nice entertainment value to it, and keeps you feeling a little tense, and is a very well made movie.

Babadook is.. a kickstarter project that tried its best on a shoestring budget. Mediocre actors. Annoying child. Cheap jumpscares. Blah twist.
>>
>>63778106
>jump scares
>babadook
Nah, son. I do believe your understanding of the term "jump scare" is poor or completely misguided. Babadook is all slow classic horror build--like It Follows.
>>
>>63777710
Given it has done well with the Sundance crowd--I expect a well made horror film. Whether it is "scary" is subjective. It will look fan-fucking-tastic though.
>>
>>63777970
>or the son or fathers mental problems
This would be so shit desu, but i wouldn't be surprised
>>
Babadook was pretty good, Insidious had its moments but the one that has gotten me the most chills was Mama, but its hardly ever mentioned and rated so low. Idk is it the ending? Cant think of any other reason why its so underrated even the little girls acted great imo. I have yet to see it follows, but its on my list now.

I think the witch will be more disturbing than scary maybe with twists, looks really good though.
>>
>>63777710
wth is a meme horror flick?
>>
>>63777710

OH BOY AN APOCALYPTO THREAwwwwwwwww..
>>
>>63777710

It Follows is good, ard tard
>>
>>63779469
Apocalypto is the shit

>>63779495
It follows is shit
>>
>>63777970
One of the early reviews said there is indeed a witch in the movie. So hopefully there's no hack twist like that.
>>
>>63778106 >it follows >better than babadook fucking pleb
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.